Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tirek Vs. Kratos

Castle Bleck

Kratos! you just cant compare a guy who killed all the gods to a guy who lost to my little ponies. :wacko: You just cant. No matter how many DBZ references you make.

the gods that can be killed by normal weapons and cry like babies and beg for their lives, vs a super alicorn that creates magic nukes and can be plowed through a mountain without sustaining injury... Yep, I'd say it's pretty viable he lost to someone that could nuke Olympus :umad:
  • Brohoof 2

But Tirek (or twilight) cant nuke Olympus.. he failed to nuke a 4 foot tall miniature horse. :mellow: In fact he didn't kill any of them. So in terms hes never really been in a real fight. While Kratos has killed plenty. Kratos is a more effective and efficient killer there really just

isn't a fight to be had here.

(edited)

But Tirek (or twilight) cant nuke Olympus.. he failed to nuke a 4 foot tall miniature horse. :mellow: In fact he didn't kill any of them. So in terms hes never really been in a real fight. While Kratos has killed plenty. Kratos is a more effective and efficient killer there really just

isn't a fight to be had here.

Tirek flew through a mountain trying to attack and injure Twilight and he was matching Twilight for the amount of nuke magic spells they were firing against each other, and he grew to be mountain sized once he had acquired the Alicorn Magic. Mt. Olympus would be nothing for him. He failed to kill anyone because he didn't sought to kill them but only acquire their magic. Trust me his attacks on Twilight shows he can very much kill them if he wanted to. Also, Twilight was able to match him evenly in their fight so of course he wouldn't be able to defeat an opponent of equal power to his own.

Just because Tirek didn't killed anyone means that he can't kill anyone effectively and just because Kratos has killed people doesn't mean he's a more powerful warrior (you're using a circular reasoning fallacy).

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Kratos had Golden fleece what can reflect all magic attacks. In melee combat Tyrek has no chances. Tyrek need to keep Kratos in range for survive (yes, I said "for survive" I'm not talking about victory) Kratos agile as hell and he's very fast, so he will get Tyrek very quick. And when Kratos will start melee combat...poor Tyrek

Edited by zev_zev The outcast

Kratos had Golden fleece what can reflect all magic attacks. In melee combat Tyrek has no chances. Tyrek need to keep Kratos in range for survive (yes, I said "for survive" I'm not talking about victory) Kratos agile as hell and he's very fast, so he will get Tyrek very quick.

Zeus in GOW 3 proved the golden fleece can be overpowered by powerful magic as he actually managed to destroy it before he proceeded to choke Kratos. How is Kratos going to attack him in melee when Tirek can teleport and move alot faster than he can. Also Tirek has his shield and telekinisis to counter any melee charge from Kratos, and he can drain Kratos's ability to use magic and even his life energy to make himself stronger.

Kratos isn't going to last against the barrage of spells Tirek will unleash on him as Kratos has little to counter them.

Zeus in GOW 3 proved the golden fleece can be overpowered by powerful magic as he actually managed to destroy it before he proceeded to choke Kratos. How is Kratos going to attack him in melee when Tirek can teleport and move alot faster than he can. Also Tirek has his shield and telekinisis to counter any melee charge from Kratos, and he can drain Kratos's ability to use magic and even his life energy to make himself stronger.

Kratos isn't going to last against the barrage of spells Tirek will unleash on him as Kratos has little to counter them.

Just like Kratos always do: he can stick Blades of Exile into Tyrek, and just folowing him (chains). Teleporting coudn't help him.

Is this Tirek feller from season 4?  I've only seen up through season 3.  I'm waiting until 4 comes out on disc to watch through the whole thing.  Well, doesn't matter.  I don't have to know who Tirek is.  Kratos wins.  Period.  Kratos vs. ANYONE from ANYTHING, Kratos wins.  Period.  Kratos vs. Q from Star Trek?  Kratos wins.  Q would snap his fingers at Kratos, and Kratos would just block it with his blades, tap r1 + l1 repeatedly, and send that finger snappin sh*t right back at Q.  Kratos would make Chuck Norris cry.  Kratos would make the Master Chief sh*t his armor.  Kratos is the baddest of all baddasses.  Ever.

• Brohoof 1

Kratos is a God of War..........he will ultimately rip Tirek to shreds. 

That's like saying, Godzilla will burn Tirek with his radioactive power.

• Brohoof 1

I suppose it all depends on how much power Tirek absorbed before the battle.  At the beginning of the episode, When he is the tiny cloaked unhorned centaur, Kratos would beat him. But at the end... Kratos is gone. No contest.

Of course, Tirek might be able to just sap all GoW powers anyway buffing himself and taking away Kratos's saving grace.  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Just like Kratos always do: he can stick Blades of Exile into Tyrek, and just folowing him (chains). Teleporting coudn't help him.

Unless said chains can pull from very long distances, is immune to being ensnared by telekinesis, or he actually manages to defeat his shield, it's not going to work.

Is this Tirek feller from season 4?  I've only seen up through season 3.  I'm waiting until 4 comes out on disc to watch through the whole thing.  Well, doesn't matter.  I don't have to know who Tirek is.  Kratos wins.  Period.  Kratos vs. ANYONE from ANYTHING, Kratos wins.  Period.  Kratos vs. Q from Star Trek?  Kratos wins.  Q would snap his fingers at Kratos, and Kratos would just block it with his blades, tap r1 + l1 repeatedly, and send that finger snappin sh*t right back at Q.  Kratos would make Chuck Norris cry.  Kratos would make the Master Chief sh*t his armor.  Kratos is the baddest of all baddasses.  Ever.

Spawn says hi to all of that.

Kratos is a God of War..........he will ultimately rip Tirek to shreds. 

That's like saying, Godzilla will burn Tirek with his radioactive power.

Kratos was a God of War. He has lost that power to the Blade of Olympus. Either way, Tirek will defeat Kratos handily, especially if we're counting the version that acquired all of the magic in Equestria, including the Alicorn magic.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

Dude, you're missing of some good stuff, watch it before they spoil more of it

• Brohoof 1

This is why I don't like kratos. So much hype for a guy who KILLED HIMSELF AT THE END :umad:

Seriously, a normal guy with a pistol could kill him. One bullet to the head and he's dead. There is no way he's taking a nuke, and there's no way he can stop being lifted into the air and drained of all his power. I don't care if he's internet chuck Norris, he'll die regardless just from standing too close Twilight and Tirek's fight lol

Until Kratos can take a blast the size of a nuke then he's not even on Tirek's level, and no amount hype will change this

• Brohoof 2

Kratos.

He has took on Onmibeings that the ability to control the weather, and other forces of nature. Even Gods who have the power over life and death! Yes 'Gods' are titles, but they still are represented as the most powerful entities ni the known world of 'God of War'

He destroyed the Titans, ginormous beings that forged the landscape of the ENTIRE world. The most known to be Kronus and Gaia, and many others. The battle between the Titans and Gods was intense, so taking down a Titan is a very impressive feat, even for Kratos.

The Ghost of Sparta went to Tartarus and back at least more than three times in the games (5 in total, I am not quite sure) and still walked out in one piece, whilst at the same time, remaining unharmed.... most of the time.

Have I forgot to mention the vast weapons Kratos can use in the games? The Blade of Olympus that was used to end The Great War by banishing the Titans to Tartarus, and with the ability to absorb power and magic. Even without them, his hands are dangerous, one event to literally ripping of Helios head clean off, and another example to beating the living smack-down on Zeus.

Now don't get me wrong, Tirek is a good character, and perhaps a worthy opponent for Kratos (I think so in my opinion), blasting energy beams, immense strength, and with the ability to absorb magic, let alone his cunning and manipulative personality that has been used many times during the show. To be honest, I like him, he is certainly a badass character, though his image is somewhat odd, but never mind that.

In the end, Kratos will have a very slight advantage.

He has been trained to fight, ever since he was a very young boy, and it is custom for spartan boys at a young age to learn combat.

He has conquered obstacles which for the mortal eyes be deemed impossible and rose up to become a God at one point.

Cunning and manipulation will not work on Kratos, it has been tried many times with little to no effect.

The wide variety of weapons, as well has wielding the Blade of Weapons that was forged from the Heavens and Earth, with the ability to absorb magic, and banish creatures to Tartarus is enough said.

Alas, this is just my opinion on the matter. :) I would like to hear other opinions.

• Brohoof 2

He has discord's chaos magic, as well as all four of the alicorn princess' magic. He could simply nuke him with magic from orbit, or just levitate him in the air where he'll be helpless as his strength and powers are taken and he's killed. Sorry, but Tirek would be a good match for guys like Goku. Kratos get his bald head knocked off

Also with Discords power, he could bend the world around Kratos, making a lot of potential weapons for Kratos to use, ineffective. 

Speaking of Discord, it is a shame he has been downplayed in this episode.

You'd think that the Master of Chaos, a being that is well known for deception, and betrayal, would know full well when someone is about to betray him?

But that is just a nickpick. I am just saying it is a shame.

(edited)

Kratos.

He has took on Onmibeings that the ability to control the weather, and other forces of nature. Even Gods who have the power over life and death! Yes 'Gods' are titles, but they still are represented as the most powerful entities ni the known world of 'God of War'

The GOW gods are not omnibeings for if they were they wouldn't have died. Also, they maybe powerful in the GOW verse it doesn't mean they're powerful beings in other verses. For example, Marvel Zeus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GOW Zeus.

He destroyed the Titans, ginormous beings that forged the landscape of the ENTIRE world. The most known to be Kronus and Gaia, and many others. The battle between the Titans and Gods was intense, so taking down a Titan is a very impressive feat, even for Kratos.

It's impressive, but it still does little to help him in this fight against a being that would wreck those titans in Tirek.

The Ghost of Sparta went to Tartarus and back at least more than three times in the games (5 in total, I am not quite sure) and still walked out in one piece, whilst at the same time, remaining unharmed.... most of the time.

He was able to get out only with the aid of another god. Normally, he's usually stuck and doesn't have the means to get himself out without aid.

Have I forgot to mention the vast weapons Kratos can use in the games? The Blade of Olympus that was used to end The Great War by banishing the Titans to Tartarus, and with the ability to absorb power and magic. Even without them, his hands are dangerous, one event to literally ripping of Helios head clean off, and another example to beating the living smack-down on Zeus.

How's Kratos able to get into melee combat when said combatant can move much faster than him, has shields to protect himself from damage, can teleport away, has telekinesis, and has far more powerful range spells to keep him at bay.

Now don't get me wrong, Tirek is a good character, and perhaps a worthy opponent for Kratos (I think so in my opinion), blasting energy beams, immense strength, and with the ability to absorb magic, let alone his cunning and manipulative personality that has been used many times during the show. To be honest, I like him, he is certainly a badass character, though his image is somewhat odd, but never mind that.

In the end, Kratos will have a very slight advantage.

He has been trained to fight, ever since he was a very young boy, and it is custom for spartan boys at a young age to learn combat.

He has conquered obstacles which for the mortal eyes be deemed impossible and rose up to become a God at one point.

Cunning and manipulation will not work on Kratos, it has been tried many times with little to no effect.

The wide variety of weapons, as well has wielding the Blade of Weapons that was forged from the Heavens and Earth, with the ability to absorb magic, and banish creatures to Tartarus is enough said.

It helps him that he was the son of Zeus (demigod) to help him achieve those feats. Manipulation actually has worked very well for Kratos considering Zeus successfully manipulated him to give up his power to the BOO despite knowing the gods did not like him. Sorry, but most of his arsenal are melee weapons with short range capability, which is not going to work considering Tirek can safely blast him to oblivion from a distance. Sorry, but a powerful ranged spellcaster with superior mobility and defense is always going to trump over a powerful melee fighter with little to no means to move in towards his prey or defense against his foe.

Alas, this is just my opinion on the matter. :) I would like to hear other opinions.

Tirek was able to bust through a mountain trying to injure Twilight, he caused an earthquake through pure physical strength, he was trading nuke magic spells with Twilight in their battle that are easily town busters, he had the powers of all the magical ponies and Discord so his telekinisis power would likely be on par with Twilgith who can move the Sun and moon at once, he was able to teleport multiple characters into the battlefield with a mere snap of his fingers (hinting he can teleport himself as well), and he can drain magic to enhance his power even more while removing his foe's ability to cast magic.

Sorry but the only way Kratos can even hope to stand a chance would be if he were GOW Kratos as that version would give him powers that Ares may have had, anything else Tirek will stomp, and if Tirek's version is the one after he acquires the Alicorn magic, he can solo the GOW verse. This coming from a guy who has spent months researching on Kratos just to prove my point for Spawn's victory over Kratos was correct on deathbattle.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 2

Tirek is a magic-absorbing villain... i doubt Kratos has magic to be absorbed into him. He has items with magic powers but Tirek hasn't be shown to be able to drain items of magic but living sources of it. So... Kratos... because in the end Kratos has physical strength and determination that Tirek doesn't have... I guess it depends in the end. I am more of Kratos favor.

Tirek was able to bust through a mountain trying to injure Twilight, he caused an earthquake through pure physical strength, he was trading nuke magic spells with Twilight in their battle that are easily town busters, he had the powers of all the magical ponies and Discord so his telekinisis power would likely be on par with Twilgith who can move the Sun and moon at once, he was able to teleport multiple characters into the battlefield with a mere snap of his fingers (hinting he can teleport himself as well), and he can drain magic to enhance his power even more while removing his foe's ability to cast magic.

Sorry but the only way Kratos can even hope to stand a chance would be if he were GOW Kratos as that version would give him powers that Ares may have had, anything else Tirek will stomp, and if Tirek's version is the one after he acquires the Alicorn magic, he can solo the GOW verse. This coming from a guy who has spent months researching on Kratos just to prove my point for Spawn's victory over Kratos was correct on deathbattle.

I agree with you that Spawn can beat kratos, only through the reason that he can absorb negative energy essence. Kratos, being the badass, anti hero person, is pretty much over flowing with such essence.

Kratos managed to beat beings that has pretty much the majority of powerful magic in the book, also with the usage of Tirek's teleportation is all well said and good, don't you realise that Kratos has ways to counter this. I mean his equipment and the usage of items. Hermes shoes to run at the speed of light (coming from the messenger god that is said to travel all around the planet in mere seconds with those shoes, so going into close range combat is little to no problem, and how Tirek fights, he too goes into close range as well.) Medusa's head to petrify his enemies, Helio's head to literally blind people that has the same power as the sun, and so much more.

• Brohoof 1

Tirek is a magic-absorbing villain... i doubt Kratos has magic to be absorbed into him. He has items with magic powers but Tirek hasn't be shown to be able to drain items of magic but living sources of it. So... Kratos... because in the end Kratos has physical strength and determination that Tirek doesn't have... I guess it depends in the end. I am more of Kratos favor

Neither does it make mention that can't draw magic from them so until such evidence can be found, why can't we assume he can't drain magic from items since he's able to drain magic from a source.

Kratos up to a point. Once Tirek absorbed the Alicorn power, he was roughly equivalent to Zeus at the height of his power, probably his greater actually.

Then Kratos would have to do what he always does. Hitting something really hard not working? Go get mythical mcguffin, come back, and hit it harder!

• Brohoof 1

I agree with you that Spawn can beat kratos, only through the reason that he can absorb negative energy essence. Kratos, being the badass, anti hero person, is pretty much over flowing with such essence.

Kratos managed to beat beings that has pretty much the majority of powerful magic in the book, also with the usage of Tirek's teleportation is all well said and good, don't you realise that Kratos has ways to counter this. I mean his equipment and the usage of items. Hermes shoes to run at the speed of light (coming from the messenger god that is said to travel all around the planet in mere seconds with those shoes, so going into close range combat is little to no problem, and how Tirek fights, he too goes into close range as well.) Medusa's head to petrify his enemies, Helio's head to literally blind people that has the same power as the sun, and so much more.

Spawn is actually one of the most powerful combatants that ever participated on deathbattle. He's one of the few characters shown that can actually scare the crap out of Superman in a fight and even beat him. It was so unfair to pair Kratos against a character that was not only on such level of power but Spawn's abilities hard countered Kratos's so badly that it made the stomp even worse.

Actually GOW Hermes isn't a light speed mover as he never moved at such speeds in the games and using Greek Mythology Hermes isn't a good idea considering the games even admitted they're 'loosely' based on the Greek Mythology so you can't really use them as a source for Kratos. Even so, it was clear cut shown Kratos possesses no where near the speed Hermes had with the boots.

All of those items you mention are short ranged weaponry, Tirek can teleport away and blast him at a distance. There is little Kratos has that he can counter as Tirek possesses a far better long range game than Kratos does.