Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone have Surgery before?

Carolina

WEll a couple years ago I broke my leg, tibia and fibia. ouch , I know.  so now i got a metl rod in my right leg , there forever.  Then an ey surgery (Boston K Pro) so I can see now.

I've broken things a number of times (one time my wrist had to be reset) and required stitches twice, but I don't know that those necessarily qualify.  On the stiches side: had a window explode on me (my own fault), and a big chunk of glass just landed vertically (and momentarily remained) on my right thumb.  No memory of pain whatsoever, but all the blood freaked me out (I hadn't started middle school).

I had a cyst on my back very near the spine dealt with.  At length lol; the ARNP had real trouble getting into the unexpectedly tough skin on my back with her scalpel.  I'm a poor judge of time, but it might've taken thirty - forty minutes.  A friend stayed and watched, and apparently it was awesome to behold (stuff just KEPT coming out).

I recently had a molar that had troubled me to some degree for YEARS removed.  The procedure itself was largely pain-free; though there was no gas involved (just needles and some topical anesthetic, I guess).  Soooo happy that thing's gone.  Seriously: when the pain was at its worst, it was enough to dethrone my last couple bouts of gastritis as the "worst pain in my life."

• Brohoof 1

I've only had minor surgery where it took place on my lower jaw gums when my molars did not come for long time.
But, if you are referring at major surgeries where I have to stay for days in hospital and stuff like that, then I haven't yet.

• Brohoof 1

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I sat in a chair, they hooked me up to an IV, and within a minute, I felt my blood get really hot. Then, I just kinda stared off into space. I didn't feel a thing. The next thing I knew, after what seemed like seconds, someone told me to get up. I asked if I was done and the person said yes.

Then my mom appeared and walked me to the car, she drove me home, and it wasn't until I tried to walk back to the house that I realized how disoriented I was. I couldn't even speak. I knew what I was saying, and I knew what was going on, but my mouth just slurred everything. It was really weird, but I was conscious enough to know that I needed another way to communicate.

By the time that wore off, it had been several hours. I was able to operate as a normal human being, but I didn't feel any pain. In fact, I never even had to take an aspirin. It wasn't bad at all. It wasn't even a dull or numb pain, after my teeth were pulled. I seriously felt no pain at all, not even for a second.

I'd almost do it again, just to get more of that stuff. I don't know what it is, but man, I felt goooooooooood. :D

• Brohoof 1

oh my GOSH, I wouldn't be able to watch them do a surgery on me.  You're very brave, op.  

I've had surgery for my wisdom teeth.  I was put out for that and I can't remember the pain after it, but I'm sure I was sore.  I remember the pain meds making me really emotional.  Especially because it made my mouth numb, so I'd drool everywhere and couldn't swallow anything and then I'd cry.

And I've had my tonsils taken out.  I was in so much pain before the surgery, I didn't even need pain meds after it it felt so much better.  It just felt like having a normal sore throat after the surgery for a few days.  Eating soup and mashed potatoes for the next week was nice.  :)

• Brohoof 2

I had an exploratory laparotomy to fix a ruptured cyst, and another for a fibroid. It was pretty awful, and now I have a monster scar that looks like I had a c-section. Not fun.

• Brohoof 1

oh my GOSH, I wouldn't be able to watch them do a surgery on me.  You're very brave, op.

Thanks! For some odd reason, though, I found the idea of being put all the way to sleep much, much scarier. I wanted to have my wits about me and some control.

Plus, general anasthesia causes nausea, I hear.

I had a lot! Most are small when they had to put tubes in my ears but I've had a couple of big ones. I broke the growth plate on my elbow when I was 3 so they had to put pins in it and stuff :P  After most of the smaller surgeries and tons of ear infections, it all rotted my ear drum and put a hole in it so I had it replaced with tissue in my temple when I was around 6 or 7.

• Brohoof 1

I've had my head stitched together three times and I had a tumour removed from my testicle when I was 13... Having an allergy to anaesthetic doesn't help at all xD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've had mostly head surgeries, like 2 ear surgeries, tonsils removed with 2 other oral surgeries, and one to have my wrist snapped back into place.  The  two oral were like wisdom teeth removal and a major realignment of my baby teeth since they were all growing in very badly, which would cause problems for my adult. The two ear surgeries consisted of repairing the eardrums, and later on getting tubes. Not all that fun.

Edited by Retro*Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

That reminds me--a biology teacher a couple years ago showed us the arthroscopic video of his knee getting cleaned out. He had a lot of arthritis built up and it looked like cotton candy now that you mention it. Haha they used a little spinning potato-peeler-looking thing to gather it and suck it out another tube. Hopefully what you saw wasn't arthritis! (I'm certain they would have mentioned it to you if it had been)

:eww:  My biology teacher showed me her knee surgery too.

• Brohoof 1

I've had 3, all for the same thing and the same place. My nail started growing off where it wasn't supposed to, and started getting infected. So, I've gotten nail fragments removed twice and the whole thing removed once. Even with the anesthetic, that hurts like no other.  >_>

Notably, the 2nd time I did it myself, at home. It went away for a few months and didn't get infected, so I think I did it right.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Twice, the first time was when I was about ten years old, and living in Singapore. I was visiting my friend at his townhouse and had brought some stuff over to his house. Being ten years old, I had a curfew. It was getting late and when I realized what time it was I freaked because I was a little bit over the curfew, I grabbed my things and ran for it,but because my glasses were fogged up, I couldn't see that the glass door was closed, I ran right through it, and had to have about 32 stitches on my chin.

The other time was about the same time when i fell back on a water slide because my brother pushed me, had to have about 10 stitces on my scalp.

• Brohoof 1