Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dumbest Animals

BayoUni2847

What animals in the animal kingdom do you think are the dumbest? What kind of things does this animal do to crown itself king of idiocy?

For me, it will always be a cow. A lot of people on this forum won't understand why I say a cow because they don't deal with them every day. The only thing a cow worries about is it's stomach. All they do is shovel food in as fast as they can and that's it, but when they're sick they do just the opposite. A lot of times when a cow eats it helps fight whatever sickness they may have but when they have a little itsy bitsy problem they just stand their and let it get worse. Then you gotta have a vet come out and treat them or operate on them or whatever.

Also cows don't like to be milked. Some cows don't like the pressure on their udder if they have a big bag, so they know that if they get milked it'll rid them of that pressure but they don't like that milker even though it's what keeps them alive. If we didn't milk them they'd die of mastitis. Mastitis is a thing that is like a poison to the cow if it gets really bad. Look it up on Google if you're curious.

Anyways, what animal(s) do you think is the dumbest and why?

• Brohoof 2

Cows. I live on a farm, and those things are just a bit too much for me...

For me, it will always be a cow. A lot of people on this forum won't understand why I say a cow because they don't deal with them every day. The only thing a cow worries about is it's stomach. All they do is shovel food in as fast as they can and that's it, but when they're sick they do just the opposite. A lot of times when a cow eats it helps fight whatever sickness they may have but when they have a little itsy bitsy problem they just stand their and let it get worse. Then you gotta have a vet come out and treat them or operate on them or whatever.

Also cows don't like to be milked. Some cows don't like the pressure on their udder if they have a big bag, so they know that if they get milked it'll rid them of that pressure but they don't like that milker even though it's what keeps them alive. If we didn't milk them they'd die of mastitis. Mastitis is a thing that is like a poison to the cow if it gets really bad. Look it up on Google if you're curious.

^THIS!!!

They know it makes them sick, I hope, and they should be able to tell that this stuff is harming them, but they keep doing it like "lawl, screw u, i do wat i want lol" and they're just so frustrating.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My dogs.

Love them to death, but they are seriously THE dumbest. I have to doors to my backyard. If one of them is closed and one is open, they'll stare at the closed one until I open it for them. One of them gets sprayed by a skunk on like a monthly basis. You'd think he'd learn by now. They'll eat literally anything, then act all surprised when I have to pull plastic bags out of they're butt.

Good dogs, though.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 1

Farm Cows have also got that way because of humans breeding them as well.

Dairy Cows would never need to produce so much milk in the wild (plus black and white camo lol). Also most are raised in a predator free enviroment so its no surprise they grow to be somewhat dumb.

Do us humans count? I mean techinically we are still animals, we display animalistic 'qualities' and the such.. With all our so called 'higher thinking ability' we sure can make some really dumb decisions and shite..

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'd say HUMAN.

After all, we're animals, too, but we are the only animal with so much bloated ego that makes us think we're smarter and more important than all other animals (ever smashed a bug?). We're also the only animal which lives against Nature on so many levels. Our agriculture wastes more natural resources than gaining (we burn more fossil fuels that could be produced from all plants we farm), we drain the soil from natural nutrients and minerals, we cut the forests who are the lungs of our planet (I don't know any human being capable of living without oxygen, and you?). We invented fiat money which produces fake economy. Our Science is based mostly on the Dark Side of Magic: radiating energy as heat, producing pollution and making noise (noise is a form of pollution, too), instead of circulating it. We introduce dumb laws to limit ourselves. We just cannot live in Harmony with Nature anymore, because so much people forgot how to do it long time ago.

As to the cows, I wouldn't say they're dumb. I's human who make them so, by domesticating them and breeding cows to produce more milk than they naturally need, to fulfill our egoistic needs, even on the cost of these poor animals' health or lives.

As to the dogs: Yeah, I might go with it when I saw this:

img-2665267-1-dog-at-the-door.gif

:)  But this again is caused by human's training.

Edit: On the other hand, some dogs can be trained to read, so they're not so dumb ;)

(I'm trying to figure out if this isn't just a Clever Hans effect, but I don't see any obvious clues from the kid.)

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 3

Humans are dumb because they suicide, commit self harm, take bad drugs, smoke, etc.

Well not just that but the constant wars, polluting the planet and killing for sport

• Brohoof 1

Humans are dumb because they suicide, commit self harm, take bad drugs, smoke, etc.

Whoa whoa whoa. Im sure you didn't mean anything by it, but committing suicide and self harm doesn't make someone dumb. It often makes them of certain disorders that can be well outside of their control, and calling them dumb for it just furthers the stigma that mental disorders already have, making it harder for people with them to seek out the help that they need.

Sorry if I'm a little combative on this, but it's a touchy subject for me.

• Brohoof 1

I guess I would have to say that a giny is also a pretty dumb animal, if they are outside and it starts to rain then there is a good chance that they will drown themselves, because they tend to put there nose in the air instead of cover it. Also, they are probably one of the most annoying birds I have ever herd with there wierd little screetch thing that they do.

My dad worked with Turkey's growing up. You'd put the chicks in an area with a heating lamp. Pretty much any other bird knows warmth means living and they huddle around it. Turkey chicks can be so dumb the ignore the heat and sit in an area where they freeze to death.

How something that dumb could have survived the gruelling Darwinian world to exist in our time is beyond me.

Contrary to popular belief, pigs are actually one of the smartest animals on the planet. A lot of people think they are dummies that just roll around in mud all day. >_>

10pc95h.png

Cane Toads on the other hand are pretty dumb. All they do is hump things, haha.

177169-cane-toad-poison-banned.jpg

I watched a weird video on these guys at school in environmental science last year.

• Brohoof 1

^THIS!!!

They know it makes them sick, I hope, and they should be able to tell that this stuff is harming them, but they keep doing it like "lawl, screw u, i do wat i want lol" and they're just so frustrating.

My dad always says when a cow is sick they're "seeing if those darn cracks on the wall are going to move" it's funny :P

Farm Cows have also got that way because of humans breeding them as well.

Dairy Cows would never need to produce so much milk in the wild (plus black and white camo lol). Also most are raised in a predator free enviroment so its no surprise they grow to be somewhat dumb.

If cows were in the wild they would get eaten by predators due to their curiosity. I guess curiosity killed the cat applies to them :P.

Usually cows won't produce a lot of milk until after their second or third calf. First time heifers will produce a good amount of milk for a short period of time then drop down since it's their first time, but cows are always different. Some might produce milk like crazy and others might only produce a little bit.

Also there are predators around here where I live but I think they like to deal with our dumb cows. :derp:

Do us humans count? I mean techinically we are still animals, we display animalistic 'qualities' and the such.. With all our so called 'higher thinking ability' we sure can make some really dumb decisions and shite..

Yea, humans are animals but I'd like to stray away from people and focus on just animals. :P

My dogs.

Love them to death, but they are seriously THE dumbest. I have to doors to my backyard. If one of them is closed and one is open, they'll stare at the closed one until I open it for them. One of them gets sprayed by a skunk on like a monthly basis. You'd think he'd learn by now. They'll eat literally anything, then act all surprised when I have to pull plastic bags out of they're butt.

Good dogs, though.

Someone I know has a dog that is ancient and he ate the bars off of the cage that they keep him when they're working. I can't believe it when I heard of that lol.

I guess I would have to say that a giny is also a pretty dumb animal, if they are outside and it starts to rain then there is a good chance that they will drown themselves, because they tend to put there nose in the air instead of cover it. Also, they are probably one of the most annoying birds I have ever herd with there wierd little screetch thing that they do.

Huh, so that's the animal that drowns when it rains. I heard someone say it was a turkey that does that. Well, the more you know!

My dad worked with Turkey's growing up. You'd put the chicks in an area with a heating lamp. Pretty much any other bird knows warmth means living and they huddle around it. Turkey chicks can be so dumb the ignore the heat and sit in an area where they freeze to death.

How something that dumb could have survived the gruelling Darwinian world to exist in our time is beyond me.

I'll admit, that is pretty dumb. You'd think that since the cold kills them they'd stay away from it.

Contrary to popular belief, pigs are actually one of the smartest animals on the planet. A lot of people think they are dummies that just roll around in mud all day. >_>

img-2666302-1-10pc95h.png

Yes! I've heard about pigs being incredibly intelligent. They know that rolling in mud keeps them cool in the hot summer weather.

An ostrich, as it's eye is bigger than it's brain. It can see very well, but with a brain that small, i highly doubt it got through grade 1.

Huh, I never thought an ostrich would be a dumb animal. I know some relatives had them but I never interacted with them.

• Brohoof 2

Huh, so that's the animal that drowns when it rains. I heard someone say it was a turkey that does that. Well, the more you know!

Meh, I am pretty sure than chickens do as well, most poultry are pretty stupid. :P

(Ugh, kinda awkard to say wirth a Scoots sig)

Yup defiently cows for me...

But in their defense that's what makes them so loveable to me. I think they are the sweetest things ever in the livestock world. They are so stupid yet adorablly sweet.

Some of my best memories on a farm was getting nudged by a petting addicted donkey who wanted me to scratch her ears, and a old dairy cow who lapped the hell out of my face after milking her. Ah...best memories ever of those animals :)

• Brohoof 1

Humans.

img-2666970-1-trop-de-swag.jpg

Really self explanatory.

Fun fact: when I was searching for this picture, I found two RD pics. Huh.

( :lol:  I laughed pretty hard when I saw Justin Beiber!)

Hmm..... I think maybe the dumbest animal is....

A pigeon. They're adorable, but seriously. They crap everywhere, they fly into doors (I walked outside once and there was one trying to get in the house XD) and they stare at you for a long time with a blank look.

I kinda have to say squirrels. Even though they are known for their motor skills, they get hit by cars the most...

i super hope Chip and Hershey never get hurt :( (how could you call Choco and Chocolate's babies dumb!?)

Humans.. all except Ian Malcolm obviously  :P 

Someone already said "humans," and I agree with that lol.

In some ways we are the most intelligent creature on the planet.  In other ways...  Geez.  I mean, other animals harm and kill each other, but we wage these largescale wars and invent powerful weapons to kill as many of our own kind as possible.  We established invisible borders and fought for control of them.  We invented this thing called "money," and many people proceeded to kill each other to get their hands on more of it.  Something that only really has value because we decided it does.  We've killed our own kind because of things we just plain made up in our own heads.  We've killed others because we disagreed with them.  With the capabilities of speech / communication, reason, empathy, and self-awareness...  Shouldn't we be better than we are?

Okay, for seriousness, I'd go with the cute and cuddly Panda.

It eats bamboo = no protein or nutrients. Bamboo is the worst possible diet for a carnivorous stomach, which leads them to consume only 20% of their bamboo as nutrients. It's also slow and often times cannot care for its own young.