Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Magic Twinkle
Go to solution Solved by Creamy Arty,

Hi,

I recently discovered that MLP Forums has an issue with the status updates when using the Firefox browser. I attempted to delete a status and it said it had failed, and it still showed up on the profile although when I entered the comments, it was red. Creating a new status update also caused a pop up window to say the action failed.

Now that I switched to Chrome it works just perfectly.

, this thread belongs in the Site Questions & Tech Support section since it involves some kind of site error. I'm relocating it.

Assuming you haven't tried any of this yet, I'd suggest clearing your cache in Firefox and disabling all plugins and extensions you may have installed. Putting Firefox back in its vanilla state would help to rule out any problems on your end. Don't think I've ever seen a notice like that before, that the "action failed" when trying to post a status.

As for a deleted status turning red, that's normal. Status updates aren't deleted anymore when you hit that button. Rather, it renders it invisible to all but you and the staff. Some people have enjoyed posting status updates or profile comments to attack or piss off somebody else and then tried to delete it before the mods could take action. Deleted status updates were recoverable, but took a bit too much work on the part of the tech guys. I'm pleased to say this change has since screwed over a number of people who have been up to no good. At any rate, that's nothing to be concerned about.

• Brohoof 5

Hey there, .

Did following arty's suggestion regarding clearing your Firefox's cache and disabling all plugins and extensions resolve this issue at all?

Yeah, I tried something and it works ok again, thanks. :)

Awesome! :) I'll go ahead and lock this topic.