Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like to go to the movies by your self?

SolidTwilight

Do you like to go to the movies by your self?  

73 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like to go to the movies by your self?

• Yes, its the best way to see a movie
    • No, it's boring and lonely
    • Some times.
    • I hate the movies, why would you go at all.

(edited)

So I am a big movie fan and I prefer to the movies by my self because I like to give 100% of my attention to the movie (even the previews). people always seem to think it is strange that I do this, I always found it strange that "going to the movies" was a big social event. what about every one else?
PS: does anyone else the previews as much or sometimes even more the the movie it self?

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 4

I love the movie theatre atmosphere and going with mates would spoil it so I'd go alone.

Also my movie theatre has these short clips in the previews of a couple driving along and chatting, the place has been playing those same clips for decades, its in black and white which is just brilliant for waiting for the movie

I prefer going to the cinema with friends, probably because I don't want to seem lonely.

Also I love the previews :o

• Brohoof 2

I don't think it's strange. And yes, the previews matter a lot to me because some of them can be like little mini movies that get you excited for future flicks.

I've only gone to one movie by myself, and that was "Devil". I wanted to go alone to make it scarier, and there was only three other people in the theater for that one, so it was a pretty good experience.

I like to go with other people, though. I have a particular group of friends that I always go with so that we can comment and share thoughts on the movies we see.

• Brohoof 1

Not at all. It just seems awkward to me. I've always viewed the movie theater as a social experience. Going alone would be boring

• Brohoof 1

No one ever wants to watch what I want, so I always go by myself.

I like to have someone go with me to scary movies though, because I get jumpy and I need someone to hold onto  ^_^

I love previews though.  They make them especially good for movie theaters, much better than normal commercials.

(edited)

I often go alone, mostly because not many of my close friends are into the same movies as I am. (The joy of being the only superhero geek in your immediate social circle...) Also, I see no reason why I shouldn't. I don't view it as a lonely thing to do. I go wherever I like in my own company and I'm perfectly comfortable with that.

I remember one time I went to see Rio toward the end of it's run. It was late on a weeknight. Apparently not many parents take their children to see movies late on a weeknight, because I was the only person in the entire theatre. The feeling of being alone in such a huge room (which is designed to hold many people) was almost indescribable. It kinda felt post apocalyptic; that may be my imagination running away with me, but it was definitely spooky. In a delicious way.

Then the movie started, and it was great. But wow, I've never had the chance to be alone in a cinema since, and I'd love to repeat the experience.

Edited by Kay Dreamer

No. I see movies as a time waster, funny considering I play games alot. So the only time I go to the movies is when I am dragged kicking and screaming by friends or family. 

(edited)

Sometimes, but going with others is a lot more fun, especially when you work there and all movie tickets are free for you and your friends...just like in my case. 

Edited by Thunder-Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Sometimes, but going with others is a lot more fun, especially when you work there and all movie tickets are free for you and your friends...just like in my case.

I work at a movie theater too and I often see movies with my friends,(because, of free passes... I think that's the only reason why half my friends are still my friends. :) )

But, it depends it's like a baseball game, I wouldn't take my friends to one, because it's not enjoyable to them , and I'd rather go by myself than hear them bitch, moan, and complain.

So, if it's an animated movie(something I know they don't like) than I'm going by myself. Movies I know everyone will enjoy? I'm fine either way.

I work at a movie theater too and I often see movies with my friends,(because, of free passes... I think that's the only reason why half my friends are still my friends. :) )

But, it depends it's like a baseball game, I wouldn't take my friends to one, because it's not enjoyable to them , and I'd rather go by myself than hear them bitch, moan, and complain.

So, if it's an animated movie(something I know they don't like) than I'm going by myself. Movies I know everyone will enjoy? I'm fine either way.

I usually go see animated films by myself too. 

I prefer to go with friends and I don't watch movies by myself, because 1) Not allowed at late nights and 2) It's just 10 times better with friends, because we'll usually hang out together and eat something before we'll buy some candy and then watch movies, which is cozy and nice. :3

I prefer going with friends.

It's better for me because I have someone to sit next to and comment on the movie with.

I cant stand it when people talk about the movie (or anything for that matter) during the movie.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like going with friends and/or family, but going by myself might be okay, too as many of my friends tend to talk during the movie and get us in trouble LOL

Edited by Carolina

I prefer to go to the movies with people. I've only been to a movie once by myself, and it was a midnight showing of Spider-Man 3. I just like the company, and having someone to chat with about the movie.

(edited)

I meant quietly whisper.

Still annoying (but not as bad.

If some one wants to hang out with there friends and chat, you can do it anywhere you want except in a movie.

Edited by SolidTwilight

I don't mind going to the movies alone but since I don't have the money I pretty much have to go with other people because they are paying.

Thanks to that I've only ever been to the movies alone once in my entire life. It was to see some Jim Carrey movie. I don't even remember what it was now but I think it had Jennifer Aniston in it. It wasn't Bruce Almighty, before anyone asks. :P

As for previews, yeah. I love them. I don't keep up with movie news since I'm not much of a movie watcher so the previews keep me in the know on what movies to go see. Since I pretty much always go and see animated movies (went to see Rio 2 last time, How To Train Your Dragon 2 next) the previews are always targeted toward people like myself. More animated movies! :D

Plus animated movies sometimes have shorts before the movie. I LOVE shorts. <3

I've never been to the movie theater by myself. In the past (I haven't been to a movie in quite some time... A year or possibly even two lol) it was a social event.

Not sure I'd really care going by myself, though. I just really don't like going to the movies to begin with. I'd much rather watch movies in the comfort of my home, where I don't have to spend a fortune on drinks, and when those drinks make me have to go to the bathroom, the movie can be paused. =P

I don't especially do, unless it's a special occasion.

I always try to get a friend (or girlfriend) to go with me when I (or mutually) want to see a movie.

However, if it's something I've been waiting for a long time, and no one wants to go with me, I'm more than happy to go by myself.

Like Equestria Girls, I was so excited to see it I didn't even mind going by myself. :)