Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Loading an animated signature

Lightning Bliss
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

Hey all!

So I created an animated/after effects signature, saved it out as a swf. Sadly photobucket won't accept swf files to upload.

So I tried to re-render it as a gif and it came out god awful. Swf is the best way to go for me.

So I uploaded the swf signature to Devianart website, unfortuently there's no way to use their embbed link to load it into my signature on the MLPFs!

There's NO URL for me to use on Devianart.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is there another website that will give me the proper links so I can upload my swf sig to my MLPF signature?

http://fav.me/d7jfbgq

Hey, @@Lightning Bliss! ^^

Did you try right clicking your image (On DeviantArt), and selecting "Copy Image URL"?

Usually if you do that, you'll receive a direct URL to your image.

Why not try that and let me know how it goes? ^^ (\

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,

No sadly this didn't work, right clicking on it doesn't give me a URL link or an ability copy the link of its location

This didn't work as an .swf file is not an image.

I will check with an administrator to see if people are allowed to upload and embed .swf files on the forum. For the time being, I recommend converting the signature to an animated GIF file. Just google something along the lines of "free .swf to animated .gif converter" to find a program to do this.

Just make sure that you are confident a program is trustworthy and non-malicious before you download it.

Edited by SCS
Fixed a typo.
  • Brohoof 2

@@SCS,

I just figured out how to convert the swf to a gif without losing as much quality with my after effects program. This should work in photobucket now. Thank you!

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get that figured out.

I'll go ahead and lock this topic.

• Brohoof 1