Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Advanced Warfare

Xpacc120

My primary OS is OSX as I'm using an upgraded Imac, Windows 10 would be my secondary OS that I would run in parrallel to OSX so I could program in C# and maybe run some of my steam library from my old computer that was Windows. I could get Windows 8.1 but Windows 10 is more like Windows 7 from what I've heard, and I thought Win 7 is way better than 8 and 8.1 because of the UI.

Windows 10 is based from Windows 8.1 though haha. I would run Windows 7 ultimate along side OSX if you're looking to develop C#

I don't really like the Metro UI for Windows 8, but its really more about what the OS can do than how it looks.

• Brohoof 1

I'm getting it on Monday November 3 (a late birthday present). I'm arranging for some of my Destiny clan to move to Advanced Warfare.

Ghosts is one of the worst games I've ever played, but this looks like it might redeem the franchise. I guess we'll find out.

I'll be playing on PS4. My PSN is colonelih8gumby.

• Brohoof 1

Windows 10 is based from Windows 8.1 though haha. I would run Windows 7 ultimate along side OSX if you're looking to develop C#

I don't really like the Metro UI for Windows 8, but its really more about what the OS can do than how it looks.

Windows 10 brings back the start bar from Win 7. I study software in my second year at College so unfortunately I hear people talk about this shit all day long, I got a distinction in last years class in an essay highlighting the differences in OS. Windows 8 can do nothing Win 7 can't do, whereas Windows 10 by the time I get round to using it will probably be able to do everything Win 7 did without a garbage UI.

Windows 10 brings back the start bar from Win 7. I study software in my second year at College so unfortunately I hear people talk about this shit all day long, I got a distinction in last years class in an essay highlighting the differences in OS. Windows 8 can do nothing Win 7 can't do, whereas Windows 10 by the time I get round to using it will probably be able to do everything Win 7 did without a garbage UI.

Oh, you're in the UK like me? I'm only at my first year of college and I got distinction on my first assignment and I have 5 more to do :/

Yeah, we had to compare Windows and Linux.

It might as well just be an update for Windows 7 if they do it exactly the same...

• Brohoof 1

Oh, you're in the UK like me? I'm only at my first year of college and I got distinction on my first assignment and I have 5 more to do :/

Yeah, we had to compare Windows and Linux.

It might as well just be an update for Windows 7 if they do it exactly the same...

We're probably on the same course, in the same College in the same classes.

Dn dn dn!! Well maybe. I got all distinctions for all my units last year, planning to do the same this year. That comparing OS was boring as fuck but it was easy so ah well.

I have incredible mixed feelings about this game so i'l wait til it comes out before i share my opinions about it.

Though even if its game of the year 2015 or something (which is unlikely) i wont be playing it because i suck at shooters.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not looking forward for CoD: Advanced Warfare, but I'll still give it an honest look when it comes out.  -_-

It's become a cliché amongst many gamers to hate on Call of Duty and make it the posterchild for videogame disaster, and how not to make a game. Excuse me? 

Battlefield 4 had a more horrible launch than CoD: Ghosts had, to be blunt.  >_>

Edited by Guest

I am not really into CoD.

Poorly written stories, lazy programming etc. (Goes for the Battlefield series as well, it is pretty much as bad)

Advanced warfare do not seem to have anything really new to it, so I will pass.

Edited by A CrayZ Cat
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not looking forward for CoD: Advanced Warfare, but I'll still give it an honest look when it comes out.  -_-

It's become a cliché amongst many gamers to hate on Call of Duty and make it the posterchild for videogame disaster, and how not to make a game. Excuse me? 

Battlefield 4 had a more horrible launch than CoD: Ghosts had, to be blunt.  >_>

While I thoroughly enjoyed BF4s multiplayer I will agree that the technical state it launched in was unacceptable. Clearly rushed. Getting shot behind walls was annoying and trying to complete that awful campaign to get my P90 was an exercise in futility. The game erased my save 4 times and after that I gave up. I had no interest in finishing it. I'm not sure if almost a year later that bug has been fixed. I kind of want to try again.

• Brohoof 1

I have an quuad core3.5ghz, gtx 780m, 32gb ram Imac so I'd have to buy Parralells to run Windows 10 to play doom 3, doesn't seem worth it.

I remember playing on the Xbox worked perfectly fine, but I might be remembering that wrong.

Anyway, for those not looking forward to this game because of past grievences, note this: This game is being handled by a new company at Activision. A company made by people who probably did some of your favorite games at some point. It's either Insomniac or Naughty Dog, I can't remember.

Edited by Barbaloot
  • Brohoof 1

I pre ordered it as I love the Call of Duty Series. Last year I was very disappointed by Ghosts and Battlefield 4. I loved Black ops 2 the most out of the series as of now, but the new movement system looks like it would be tons of fun.

• Brohoof 2

After seeing the trailer for this game, it actually does not look bad at all. But since you can't trust anything by the trailer. (Watch Dogs, I'm looking at you) I am going to wait for reviews to come out and possibly for the price to drop before getting it, though, especially when I could spend that money on something like Sunset Overdrive, AC: Unity or the Master Chief Collection.

Edited by trxyic
  • Brohoof 1

I remember playing on the Xbox worked perfectly fine, but I might be remembering that wrong.

Anyway, for those not looking forward to this game because of past grievences, note this: This game is being handled by a new company at Activision. A company made by people who probably did some of your favorite games at some point. It's either Insomniac or Naughty Dog, I can't remember.

The developer for AW is Sledgehammer Games, and boy, they seem to be stepping up the game this time. I have already expressed my excitement for this entry, especially after Ghosts (that game was definitely scary) and my excitement is getting higher. I have had the game pre-downloaded for the past few weeks now and it is so close. This whole time has been a tease. :P

Also, I want to say, that if anyone is getting the game for Xbox One, you can add me if you want to, though I am not terribly talkative. My gamertag is: KyoshiiTheBrony

Either way, getting more excited for this. One more day. X3

• Brohoof 2

I'm not excited, because I can't play it XD

Bad I;m pretty positive this will be good. Besides, the game has Kevin Spacey in it and he's known to be one of the best actor for serious role.

Speaking of Kevin Spacey, I should watch House of Cards soon. XD

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I think Advanced Warfare is going to be terrible. I'll stick with Black Ops 2 instead.

I watched a couple videos on the campaign. It looks... pretty good. I want to play it. But I'm not going to buy Advanced Warfare if all I am going to do is play the campaign once and then never touch it again. (I hate CoD MP after seeing what Ghosts gave us.)

• Brohoof 2

Been playing a good chunk of the day. Multiplayer only. Level 39. Best CoD in a while. Keeps what works about the series, innovates with the exotech, adds new modes that are actually fun, feels far more rewarding for skill, great map design, the biggest leap in graphics seen since MW2 (Greenband is one of the most beautiful environments I've seen this gen), camping is rare and there's always away to stop them, supply drops are great. My only complaints are the smaller selections of guns (though there's hundreds of alternate versions through supply drops) and that camos seem tedious to unlock. Other than that... Most impressed I've been since CoD4

• Brohoof 2