Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any plans for Black Friday?

simply creative

Plan for Black Friday this year: avoid shopping at all costs and do some wall painting in my parents' house with my siblings.  Nowadays, I do the majority of my Christmas shopping online, but even if I went out to a store, going out on Black Friday is at the best frustrating and at the worst dangerous.

The same thing I do every year: have breakfast at Shoney's and do no shopping of my own. Shoney's has a fantastic breakfast buffet and some pretty good coffee. What I like to do is savor that for a couple of hours from a booth by the window facing the street. This lets me watch people out there circle parking lots endlessly in search of spaces, and see as they mash their horns as they drift through red lights and cut each other off.

So much chaos out there for a bunch of deals you could have gotten any other time of the year if you were looking for them, and there I sit enjoying a peaceful breakfast without a care. It would be safe to say that I drink a pot and a half of coffee in this time. :squee:

• Brohoof 2

I mean, some of them are just... why do some people turn into some kind of savages on that day in shops? Are they getting paid for it? Do they do it to shine on YouTube? For fun? Or are they just stupid? 

It's the manifestation of the culmination of a consumer culture -- something I believe to be particularly strong in the USA. People buy things not because they necessarily need it but actually to feel good about themselves as consumption and acquisition are associated with social status. In other words, the more and fancier the props you heard, the more successful you (ought to) feel. Shopping is kind of a way of life you could say. So to those people, Black Friday is a chance to to buy a larger amount of stuff for less money with little regard for the practical utility of purchases.

So just remember this part; shopping is a way of life, especially in America. Yet keep in mind that there are also plenty of Americans that are either getting very fed up or disillusioned with its society's perverted ideals of consumerism; a silent but ever-growing minority.

• Brohoof 1

It's the manifestation of the culmination of a consumer culture -- something I believe to be particularly strong in the USA. People buy things not because they necessarily need it but actually to feel good about themselves as consumption and acquisition are associated with social status. In other words, the more and fancier the props you heard, the more successful you (ought to) feel. Shopping is kind of a way of life you could say. So to those people, Black Friday is a chance to to buy a larger amount of stuff for less money with little regard for the practical utility of purchases.

So just remember this part; shopping is a way of life, especially in America. Yet keep in mind that there are also plenty of Americans that are either getting very fed up or disillusioned with its society's perverted ideals of consumerism; a silent but ever-growing minority.

If someone judges people or himself on stuff that they buy then it is one of most shallow way of thinking I've ever seen. And I won't even start with how money is just thrown into mud when You buy something just for a show off. 

• Brohoof 2

Stay as far away from the public society as possible, locked up in a home far from stampeding crazies who forget about the decency of humanity for the purpose of "being first to catch a sale" over stupid stuff that doesn't matter

Why does everyone think that black Friday is dangerous?

There are actually some great deals on that day.

Because the media likes to make it seem like everybody gets trampled on Black Friday.

As for my BF plans, I'll probably go to Walmart. Not really anything I want though.

Once again,it's because of the media.

Is true that on that day,people get a bit carried away,but TV always seems to show the worst parts of thst day,specially the violent parts.

And about my Black Friday,i'll stick to the same plan of all the years,who consist on waking up soon,drinking some coffee and probably eating a croissant,before leaving and giving a look at the offers that it has to offer this year,but without being sure of buying something or not.

There are actually some great deals on that day.

Because TV says so. I know that not entire Black Friday looks like this (even if some cases ARE crazy). We have pretty much same mess sometimes when there are discounts in supermarkets. Some people of course jump to each other's throats, run in the speed of light and do other stuff normally they'd never do, but it is just a crowd that can LOOK enormous when You take the picture properly. 

Last time I was in Lidl (a supermarket in Poland) there was literally a crowd of old women fighting for some stupid shoes that had a serious discount. I never would have guessed there is so big strength dreaming in them xD 

since there is no such thing as black friday where i am currectly, there is nothing for me to do. Other than advocate people not shop during Black Friday. I might watch some anime. 
There is a good chance I will buy some stuff online for a gift exchange that i am apart of...