Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Give Me Some OC Names and Personalities

AspenSwift

Hello!  My name is Aspen Swift, and I started writing a fanfiction recently that got some pretty good feedback from other posters on this site (here's the url if you want to check out the original feed: http://mlpforums.com/topic/122515-fanfiction-idea-please-give-feedback/).  Anyway, I need a bunch of characters to base the story around, if possible, some really professional OCs that can go through character development and are incredibly close to Canon.  No Alicorns, Changelings, or Crystal Ponies, please.  Leave me some information and a picture (if possible) of yours or another's OC that I can use.  Thanks for helping!

I have one of my OCs who you can use, granted I use him in some of my fanfics but wouldn't hurt to let him get around.

There are a few rules I can think of for my OC if you are going to use him

1. If anything of major importance or of a compromising nature were to happen to him please okay it with me.

2. Don't claim him 

I do care about him because he's my first OC and the one that is based loosely on myself. otherwise that's it

Name: Chip Circuit

Race: Unicorn

Skill: Mechanical tinkerer/inventor 

Cutie mark: a processor chip

Chip is an extremely shy Colt who tends to keep to himself and his projects. He received his cutie mark when he invented a magical distribution chip (what looks like a processor chip) that is now in many magical devices allowing them to function efficiently. He has many clients ranging from regular day ponies up to celebrities and royalty. Some of his most repeat clients are the Flim Flam brothers, who bring ideas for devices to Chip and he creates them.

here's the link to my OC, i'd post the image but it's flipping huge lol

http://i.imgur.com/Tbq4pS8.png

• Brohoof 1

I have one of my OCs who you can use, granted I use him in some of my fanfics but wouldn't hurt to let him get around.

There are a few rules I can think of for my OC if you are going to use him

1. If anything of major importance or of a compromising nature were to happen to him please okay it with me.

2. Don't claim him 

I do care about him because he's my first OC and the one that is based loosely on myself. otherwise that's it

Name: Chip Circuit

Skill: Mechanical tinkerer/inventor 

Cutie mark: a processor chip

Chip is an extremely shy Colt who tends to keep to himself and his projects. He received his cutie mark when he invented a magical distribution chip (what looks like a processor chip) that is now in many magical devices allowing them to function efficiently. He has many clients ranging from regular day ponies up to celebrities and royalty. Some of his most repeat clients are the Flim Flam brothers, who bring ideas for devices to Chip and he creates them.

here's the link to my OC, i'd post the image but it's flipping huge lol

http://i.imgur.com/Tbq4pS8.png

Thank you!  Since my fanfic is set it the future, I think that a technologically minded pony would really fit in well with the group I'm putting together.

You can use Pensive as a background character (Trust me, she'd be boring as anything more than that)

Everything you need to know about her can be found here: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/pensive-prose-r7967

I agree that she might not make one of the best mane characters, but I'll think about using her if I need some background ponies.  Thank you!

Thanks!  I really like his personality, I think that he would also fit in well with the group.  For the story, I might change his backstory to him being a police pony for Ponyville, if that's okay with you.

I'd like a fairly new OC to get some publicity  :D

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/spellbind-r7996

But what is the story about?

I really like Spellbind, first of all because we need some mares to even out the group, and because it seems that she has some internal conflicts that may play out during the story.

I have a more detailed description of the story in the link I posted at the top, but I'll give more of a summary right now.  So, this plant is discovered that, once seen by anypony, becomes irresistible to them until they taste just one leaf.  Once tasted, however, they start feeling weird, and eventually go into this state of complete and total happiness, aka The Bliss.  However, once you reach The Bliss, you stop caring about eating or drinking, and eventually die of thirst.  The plant then grows on the body, and that is how The Bliss spreads.

Celestia and Luna find the bliss, and are strong enough to resist it.  They realize how dangerous it is, and, in a last ditch effort to save ponykind, wall off ponyville, leaving the Ponyville residence oblivious to the danger outside.  Generations pass with only a few ponies trying to go outside of the walls, and finally Aspen Swift and some friends of his (The OCs I was asking for) become curious about what's outside the walls, and leave.

That's all I have so far, anyway, but thanks for the OCs, and leave feedback! 

Thanks!  I really like his personality, I think that he would also fit in well with the group.  For the story, I might change his backstory to him being a police pony for Ponyville, if that's okay with you.

Sure long as you keep key points and his personality ,  Im fine with it hon!

I agree that she might not make one of the best mane characters, but I'll think about using her if I need some background ponies.  Thank you!

Even just a mention somewhere in the story would be fine with me, as long as I'm doing my part :P

Here's my OC, picture in my sig

Name: Willow Wisp
Appearance: Willow is a slender, underweight stallion of average height. He has a brown-dark brown mane and tail that he keeps cut short but rarely combs. He has navy blue eyes, and his coat is the dark green of moss, and his cutie mark is a long style lantern with a burning candle in it.
Personality: Willow is a quiet, well meaning stallion from a lower income family. He tends to be withdrawn and tight lipped, preferring to think rather than to speak. He lacks confidence, largely due to his weak magic, and from the pestering from his brothers about his meager profession. Although introverted, Willow is a realist, and tries to offer aide to those he feels won't just take his help for granted. He dreams of someday becoming magically strong enough to attend a magic school, illusion spells especially fascinate him.
Backstory: Willow comes from a mixed family, his father being a unicorn (Silverheart) and mother an Earth Pony (Duststorm). Due to this he grew up amid a more down to earth family than most Unicorns tend to have. His life in the lower part of Manehatten wasn't always wonderful, but he considers his childhood a happy one. His older brothers (both earth ponies, Redcap & Pinecone) tended to pick on him for being smaller and weaker than them.

It was when Willow got a job helping the lamplighters of Manehatten that he found he liked chasing the darkness of the night out of the city streets that he earned his cutie mark. His brothers teased him, saying that he was doomed to have a mediocre job for the rest of his life. Willow snapped at them, finally telling his brothers off before moving to Canterlot.

Thanks to some kind neighbors, friends he had made in school, Willow currently lives in a small apartment that had been remodeled after an incident involving a grease fire. Willow now works as a lamplighter, still saving every bit he can so he can attend a good magic school, while trying to be a good pony. He does occasionally dream of owning his own candleshop, but that's something for the future.

Special Talent: Willow's cutie mark is an iron lamp with a lit candle inside. It represents both talent for light spells, as well as his love of maintaining lanterns and making candles. While not a talented magician, he can produce light spells which help him unerringly find his way in the dark.
Other skills: He's a very good listener, and knows the streets of Canterlot and Manehatten very well. His biggest talents are always light spells, ranging from lighting candles to producing bright flashes of blinding light. His twice daily trek around the city keeps him fit, and for a unicorn he's considered physically fit, but magically he's puny and doesn't know many spells.
Odd things: His preferred holiday is Nightmare night, although he is kind of a wimp about being scared. Sometimes falls prey to depression due to overthinking his lot in life. He has a poor self image and doesn't think any mare would be interested in him, so he doesn't even attempt to hit on girls. Could spend all day cracking and eating nuts. Willow also prefers to use his hooves and mouth rather than use magic to manipulate things. He has quiet disgust for Sapphire Shores' music, and tries to leave when he hears it.

• Brohoof 1

Here's my OC, picture in my sig

Name: Willow Wisp

Appearance: Willow is a slender, underweight stallion of average height. He has a brown-dark brown mane and tail that he keeps cut short but rarely combs. He has navy blue eyes, and his coat is the dark green of moss, and his cutie mark is a long style lantern with a burning candle in it.

Personality: Willow is a quiet, well meaning stallion from a lower income family. He tends to be withdrawn and tight lipped, preferring to think rather than to speak. He lacks confidence, largely due to his weak magic, and from the pestering from his brothers about his meager profession. Although introverted, Willow is a realist, and tries to offer aide to those he feels won't just take his help for granted. He dreams of someday becoming magically strong enough to attend a magic school, illusion spells especially fascinate him.

Backstory: Willow comes from a mixed family, his father being a unicorn (Silverheart) and mother an Earth Pony (Duststorm). Due to this he grew up amid a more down to earth family than most Unicorns tend to have. His life in the lower part of Manehatten wasn't always wonderful, but he considers his childhood a happy one. His older brothers (both earth ponies, Redcap & Pinecone) tended to pick on him for being smaller and weaker than them.

It was when Willow got a job helping the lamplighters of Manehatten that he found he liked chasing the darkness of the night out of the city streets that he earned his cutie mark. His brothers teased him, saying that he was doomed to have a mediocre job for the rest of his life. Willow snapped at them, finally telling his brothers off before moving to Canterlot.

Thanks to some kind neighbors, friends he had made in school, Willow currently lives in a small apartment that had been remodeled after an incident involving a grease fire. Willow now works as a lamplighter, still saving every bit he can so he can attend a good magic school, while trying to be a good pony. He does occasionally dream of owning his own candleshop, but that's something for the future.

Special Talent: Willow's cutie mark is an iron lamp with a lit candle inside. It represents both talent for light spells, as well as his love of maintaining lanterns and making candles. While not a talented magician, he can produce light spells which help him unerringly find his way in the dark.

Other skills: He's a very good listener, and knows the streets of Canterlot and Manehatten very well. His biggest talents are always light spells, ranging from lighting candles to producing bright flashes of blinding light. His twice daily trek around the city keeps him fit, and for a unicorn he's considered physically fit, but magically he's puny and doesn't know many spells.

Odd things: His preferred holiday is Nightmare night, although he is kind of a wimp about being scared. Sometimes falls prey to depression due to overthinking his lot in life. He has a poor self image and doesn't think any mare would be interested in him, so he doesn't even attempt to hit on girls. Could spend all day cracking and eating nuts. Willow also prefers to use his hooves and mouth rather than use magic to manipulate things. He has quiet disgust for Sapphire Shores' music, and tries to leave when he hears it.

This is a really good character!  I've never thought about having a job as a lamplighter, but Willow seems to be a good match for it.  However, so far, we have a lot of pretty introverted mane characters, and I'm not sure about him being one of the ponies the plot centers around.  Maybe as more of a background character, I suppose.  Anyway, thanks for sharing Willow Wisp with me!

• Brohoof 1

I would be cool with you using Eloquence if you'd like. You can find a link to her profile in my roleplay index (linked in my signature) as well as links to roleplays she has been in if you find yourself needing more information ;)

Use her as much as you would like, all I ask is that you stay true to her character. She's very special to me after all.

• Brohoof 1

This is a really good character!  I've never thought about having a job as a lamplighter, but Willow seems to be a good match for it.  However, so far, we have a lot of pretty introverted mane characters, and I'm not sure about him being one of the ponies the plot centers around.  Maybe as more of a background character, I suppose.  Anyway, thanks for sharing Willow Wisp with me!

No problem, I'm glad I can share my work with you. =3

He is sorta meant to be a background pony given a history, but perhaps I should consider giving him more friends and making him a bit more extroverted. He doesn't live in a vaccum afterall.

EDIT: However, I did write him as a flawed, if very quiet character. That's area for potential character growth, especially where it comes to self confidence.

Edited by Rambling Puppet
  • Brohoof 1

This sounds interesting!  I've got a couple of OCs lying around if you want them.

(my avatar)

Name: Blue Skies

Type: Earth Pony

Personality: Laid-back, humorous, and thoughtful, Blue Skies may seem perpetually cheerful to strangers and she prefers to keep whatever anxieties she does have to herself.  She can appear spacey at times, daydreaming or sketching out ideas, but in conversation she can be intense, laying out her ideas or listening closely.  She loves to argue, but avoids emotional or personal subjects.

Bio: Skies grew up moving from place to place throughout Equestria as her family followed her father (Yonder Skies) work as an imperial weather engineer.  She realized her talent for ideation while completing a school project.  Now she's settled in Fillydelphia as a struggling "idea consultant".  Her cramped townhouse is full to bursting with half-finished projects in every conceivable area.

bf1238d21098992fca3099450e361810.jpg

Name: Scaredy Cat

Personality:  Scaredy struggles with a number of crippling phobias.  However, rather than try to ignore them or look for help, she views most of her anxieties as valid fears that everypony else ignores.  Her dutiful nature leads her to warn the rest of the world of these lurking dangers, and persistently researches, produces and distributes reading material on these issues.  Though twitchy and restless, she nonetheless comes off as a sophisticated and eloquent mare, and she often delivers fiery speeches.

Bio: Raised in Fillydelphia, Scaredy spent a lot of her childhood hiding from her fears.  When she did go out, her peers either teased her or avoided her because of her odd behavior.  Growing up, she vacilated between hating everypony else and hating herself for having these fears.  At some point, she fell in with another young filly named Paper Weight, who tolerated her behavior.  Through Paper's friendship, Scaredy slowly learned to manage her fears and began researching the objects of her phobias as a way of dealing with them.  Rather than lead her to overcome these phobias, her research usually confirmed her fear. 

One day she wrote a paper on the danger of cats, and passed it out to the whole class.  That's when she realized her talent lay in her fears and her duty to warn other ponies about them.  As an adult, she runs a publishing shop producing small incindiery pamphlets that reach an audience of worried parents and concerned citizens.

• Brohoof 1

Future? Zombie story? Magic? Hm. I can imagine one of my characters in this with some sort of interesting role. I'll try my best to type up a description. I just hope it doesn't make her sound a) generic B) hyper-protagonist c) mary sue d) stereotypical.

Unfortunately the only picture I have of her is reaaaaaly bad, so I'll try and whip one up when I have time. Or at least a barely-decent Pony Creator picture (that will still probably look nothing like what I have in mind.)

Crystal Glacier is an illusionist. Her name never meant anything in particular, apart from the fact that her now-deceased parents had talents relating to jewels and snow respectively, and obviously expected her to follow in their paths.
Appearance-wise, she's like your average mare, with magenta eyes and magic, a snow-white coat and a medium length blue mane.
She never quite understood her cutie mark, a dark shadowed spot with a star-shaped hole, and is usually covers it by a turquoise cloak she wears that was left for her by her mother. She thinks it represents her ability to create magical yet realistic illusions, but doesn't know it's true meaning and it's relationship to her destiny.
Her sarcastic, antisocial attitude and depressed outlook on life means that ponies generally avoid her, and she's stuck working at the party store run by her brother as she can't find herself a better job. But really, she isn't evil, and she isn't an introvert, she's just a regular pony with odd hobbies who closed herself up after the death of her parents. Or well, that sentence makes her sound like the most generic sob story character on the planet.
She has a peculiar interest in dark magic and thanks to her special ability to create illusions of herself being elsewhere, she can secretly read about these spells in the darkness, while everypony else simply sees her as that depressed cashier pony in some mainstream party store many ponies look around in, but very few actually buy things from. 

Perhaps someday she'll get her hooves on a real dark spellbook, but maybe she'll do something so terrible that even a seemingly cold and heartless pony like her will regret it.

Edited by Starlight Glimmer
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would be cool with you using Eloquence if you'd like. You can find a link to her profile in my roleplay index (linked in my signature) as well as links to roleplays she has been in if you find yourself needing more information ;)

Use her as much as you would like, all I ask is that you stay true to her character. She's very special to me after all.

Thanks!  I really like Eloquence, and would love to use her in the story.  I'm glad that we have another more outgoing pony on the team :).  Anyway, thanks for the submission.

This sounds interesting!  I've got a couple of OCs lying around if you want them.

(my avatar)

Name: Blue Skies

Personality: Laid-back, humorous, and thoughtful, Blue Skies may seem perpetually cheerful to strangers and she prefers to keep whatever anxieties she does have to herself.  She can appear spacey at times, daydreaming or sketching out ideas, but in conversation she can be intense, laying out her ideas or listening closely.  She loves to argue, but avoids emotional or personal subjects.

Bio: Skies grew up moving from place to place throughout Equestria as her family followed her father (Yonder Skies) work as an imperial weather engineer.  She realized her talent for ideation while completing a school project.  Now she's settled in Fillydelphia as a struggling "idea consultant".  Her cramped townhouse is full to bursting with half-finished projects in every conceivable area.

img-3565983-1-bf1238d21098992fca3099450e

Name: Scaredy Cat

Personality:  Scaredy struggles with a number of crippling phobias.  However, rather than try to ignore them or look for help, she views most of her anxieties as valid fears that everypony else ignores.  Her dutiful nature leads her to warn the rest of the world of these lurking dangers, and persistently researches, produces and distributes reading material on these issues.  Though twitchy and restless, she nonetheless comes off as a sophisticated and eloquent mare, and she often delivers fiery speeches.

Bio: Raised in Fillydelphia, Scaredy spent a lot of her childhood hiding from her fears.  When she did go out, her peers either teased her or avoided her because of her odd behavior.  Growing up, she vacilated between hating everypony else and hating herself for having these fears.  At some point, she fell in with another young filly named Paper Weight, who tolerated her behavior.  Through Paper's friendship, Scaredy slowly learned to manage her fears and began researching the objects of her phobias as a way of dealing with them.  Rather than lead her to overcome these phobias, her research usually confirmed her fear. 

One day she wrote a paper on the danger of cats, and passed it out to the whole class.  That's when she realized her talent lay in her fears and her duty to warn other ponies about them.  As an adult, she runs a publishing shop producing small incindiery pamphlets that reach an audience of worried parents and concerned citizens.

Blue Skies seems like an incredibly laid back pony :D.  I can see her as a character who really helps to lead the group, and contributes lots of ideas.  I'd love to have her as part of the group!

I might think of Scaredy Cat as more of a background pony.  She seems like more of a comic relief, and with a darker story like this one, that's very necessary.  Thanks for both submissions!

Edited by AspenSwift
  • Brohoof 1

Future? Zombie story? Magic? Hm. I can imagine one of my characters in this with some sort of interesting role. I'll try my best to type up a description. I just hope it doesn't make her sound a) generic B) hyper-protagonist c) mary sue d) stereotypical.

Unfortunately the only picture I have of her is reaaaaaly bad, so I'll try and whip one up when I have time. Or at least a barely-decent Pony Creator picture (that will still probably look nothing like what I have in mind.)

Crystal Glacier is an illusionist. Her name never meant anything in particular, apart from the fact that her now-deceased parents had talents relating to jewels and snow respectively, and obviously expected her to follow in their paths.

Appearance-wise, she's like your average mare, with magenta eyes and magic, a snow-white coat and a medium length blue mane.

She never quite understood her cutie mark, a dark shadowed spot with a star-shaped hole, and is usually covers it by a turquoise cloak she wears that was left for her by her mother. She thinks it represents her ability to create magical yet realistic illusions, but doesn't know it's true meaning and it's relationship to her destiny.

Her sarcastic, antisocial attitude and depressed outlook on life means that ponies generally avoid her, and she's stuck working at the party store run by her brother as she can't find herself a better job. But really, she isn't evil, and she isn't an introvert, she's just a regular pony with odd hobbies who closed herself up after the death of her parents. Or well, that sentence makes her sound like the most generic sob story character on the planet.

She has a peculiar interest in dark magic and thanks to her special ability to create illusions of herself being elsewhere, she can secretly read about these spells in the darkness, while everypony else simply sees her as that depressed cashier pony in some mainstream party store many ponies look around in, but very few actually buy things from. 

Perhaps someday she'll get her hooves on a real dark spellbook, but maybe she'll do something so terrible that even a seemingly cold and heartless pony like her will regret it.

She seems more like kind of the, er, trickster in the group.  An unknown cutie mark is different for a pony, but  I think that's interesting!  Thanks for sharing her with us!

You can use my OC Sun Flower if you like. Link is in my signature.

I really like sun flower :).  She seems like more of the pony in a group to perk up everypony, and I appreciate that in a character.  Thanks for sharing!

Hey, guys, thanks for all of the wonderful submissions!  The fanfic is rolling right along, I'm writing it as much as I can each day.  I haven't got to introducing characters yet, so keep 'em rolling!  I may not have made this clear, but I probably won't use all of the characters everypony submitted.  As wonderful as they all are, there are too many of them to have them all as mane characters.  However, I'll try to use all the ones who aren't the central focus of the plot as background ponies.  I plan on having between four and seven in the group that leaves Ponyville.  Please don't be incredibly insulted if I don't use your OC as a mane character, It may be that they just didn't fit in well with some of the other ponies in the group.  

Anyway, keep sending in those OCs!

I haven't finished Lightning Flicker yet, but i can offer benevolent if you want her. here's a link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/benevolent-heart-r7556

I think that your OC is really sweet!  She seems like the charitable pony in the group, and think of herself above others.  I'd love to see her interact with some of the other ponies in the group!

• Brohoof 1

I think that your OC is really sweet!  She seems like the charitable pony in the group, and think of herself above others.  I'd love to see her interact with some of the other ponies in the group!

Thank you, hope your fic goes well. ;)

She seems more like kind of the, er, trickster in the group.  An unknown cutie mark is different for a pony, but  I think that's interesting!  Thanks for sharing her with us!

You're welcome! I hope she'll help your story.

I read that the characters are going to break out of Ponyville to discover the rest of Equestria. Ooh, I can totally see her doing that. Like perhaps that dark magic she's been learning about would come to use or something.

Edited by Starlight Glimmer

Alright you can use Emerald Heart!

Looks: profile picture

Persinality: Seems scary at first, but opens up more when she feels a pony deservs her friendship. Is actually very sweet, kind, and loyal.

Cutie mark: Has a talent of getting her friends to open up. Not about just secrets, but their pasts also. But she only reveals this talent when she believes she has made a true friend

Hey I lost the link long ago but here's what I can provide.

Dubstep Stereo

Pegasus

Bright yellow coat and spiky gold hair/tail

Dub is a highly professional DJ and a great party pony although he gets a little (a lot) carried off. He doesn't admit it but he's scared of things like the dark,puppets,masks,and aracnids. He has several conditions such as narcolepsy,multiple personalities disorder,and RSRRD (rainbow super rush rampage disorder.

I really don't care if you use him or not. He was based off of Flutter Shy,Pinkie Pie,Vinyl Scratch, and me.

You're welcome! I hope she'll help your story.

I read that the characters are going to break out of Ponyville to discover the rest of Equestria. Ooh, I can totally see her doing that. Like perhaps that dark magic she's been learning about would come to use or something.

I think we're onto something!

Alright you can use Emerald Heart!

Looks: profile picture

Persinality: Seems scary at first, but opens up more when she feels a pony deservs her friendship. Is actually very sweet, kind, and loyal.

Cutie mark: Has a talent of getting her friends to open up. Not about just secrets, but their pasts also. But she only reveals this talent when she believes she has made a true friend

Thanks for sharing her with us!  She looks so sweet that it seems hard to think that anyone'd be scared of her :)

Hey I lost the link long ago but here's what I can provide.

Dubstep Stereo

Pegasus

Bright yellow coat and spiky gold hair/tail

Dub is a highly professional DJ and a great party pony although he gets a little (a lot) carried off. He doesn't admit it but he's scared of things like the dark,puppets,masks,and aracnids. He has several conditions such as narcolepsy,multiple personalities disorder,and RSRRD (rainbow super rush rampage disorder.

I really don't care if you use him or not. He was based off of Flutter Shy,Pinkie Pie,Vinyl Scratch, and me.

Thanks, I might use him as more of a background pony.  He seems like a pretty awesome pony!