Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Official MLP:FIM Plushies

Champion RD92

(edited)

Apparently these are the new official plushies that will be sold at Target. I am very disappointed, they look horrible!!!

post-761-0-65741900-1341526996.jpg

They finally make a Rainbow Dash plushie, and it looks like crap. Hasbro, I am disappoint.

Edited by The Awesome Rainbow Dash
  • Brohoof 4

Yeah, Mailmare posted about this yesterday. They truly are sad. Hopefully quality improves once they get enough feedback from people. They need to balance good enough quality to make people happy, and cost-effective enough to mass produce. These aren't even on the same playing field as the fan-made plushies.

• Brohoof 2

What blasphemy is this?! :angry: From first glance, I can see several things wrong here.Twilight's coat is lighter, Pinkie's eyes are more round and larger, they do NOT have a darker inside to their ears, Dashie has no green in her mane, Twilight needs to have two extra tones--one of pink, one of purple--in her mane, where in Equestria are their tales, and since when does pinkie's hair come in straightened dredlocks?!

• Brohoof 2

they look VERY unprofessional

these look like arts and craft things!

their heads are out of porportion to their bodies, their head shape is wrong, the eyes arnt right, and their mane and tails are just ribbons!

• Brohoof 1

They look like the older gen ponies... Gross.

Sorry, Hasbro, but I want a plushie that doesn't look horrible. Is that too much to ask for?

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

*sees thread title* :huh:

*clicks on thread and sees... plushies* :o

Posted Image

*promptly flees thread*

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 7

Those are abominations. Horrible mane, and what is that frilly streamer like thing on it?? :huh:

Hasbro shaved their manes and decided and put tacky streamers on their heads.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Posted Image

Fluttershy? Darling please, if anyone is upset at this atrocity to hair style it's Rarity.

Posted Image

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 11

(I'm about to get real clever up in here! I'm putting my Critic Mustache on. You have been warned!)

Is it just me, or is Hasbro secretly advertising the Chinese Knock-Offs?

I thought that perhaps with their last line of plushies they learned what they did wrong... well... Twilight looks a bit less like Future Twilight.... but more like Twilight Zone if you take my meaning.

I really cannot find any excuses for the mistakes made here. The person making these obviously only looked at the characters for no less then 10 seconds, and then added to what I can only hope to call their "creative licence". You know if they were designed by Medusa or some Lovecraftian monstrosity (though hardly respectable to compare them the Lovecraft, but you get what I mean).

With the last ones, I figured that they wanted to go with a "brushable" approach which I guess Hasbro is mandated by law to make brushable everything if studies say a little girl will buy it, but that excuse hardly stands because how do you brush felt streamers? With a very specific comb... in the shape of a Pink Lightning Bolt because you know just like Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark... wait no... McDoland's you lied to me.

---

Cost effective you say? No cost effective NOTHING! This is a brand sitting on a mountain of money. They can afford to make quality products for fair mass produced prices. Hell, they can be a little inaccurate for all I care, but just look like an attempt to look like the original characters.

You may argue that making quality plushies at a low affordable price is a bit risky. You are sadly mistaken. If Hasbro took any time to do some actual research they'd realize that they are sitting on a freaking gold mine! People buy handmade plushie for ridiculous amounts of money for the sheer fact that they are promised its accurate, and they cannot get it from Hasbro.

However, if Hasbro were to take full advantage of this, they could make accurate plushies for $25 (which I find a silly amount) and people will STILL buy them like hotcakes since it beats $200-$500 anywhere else.

---

But hey, on the bright side. I have a friend who make Pony Plushies on tumblr who says this is pretty much his living for now until he gets a full time job in his field. So I'm glad to see independent Plush makers thriving. Good for them!

• Brohoof 6