Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Limiting number of daily posts?

DashinCorn

(edited)

That's why they have a character limit. People can post how many times a day that they want in whatever topic they want, but they have to do it in a certain amount of characters. That way they can't just be like "Yes." or "I agree" or some other one or two word response and up their post count unfairly - they at least have to type out a well-constructed sentence or describe the picture they're sharing or something :D

So, as long as there's a character limit, then I think things are kept in a high enough quality - enough so that the posts aren't considered to be "post-whoring"  :D (Not denying it doesn't happen, of course, but the posts have to have a degree of quality to them, which is what matters.)

Also, limiting the amount of times people can post would really just drive down the whole site. People would leave to find other sites where this rule wasn't in place, and overall, it would NOT be gnarly. That has the potential to effectively kill the community on this site, because no one would want to be here because they really wouldn't have much to do.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 5

That's why they have a character limit. People can post how many times a day that they want in whatever topic they want, but they have to do it in a certain amount of characters. That way they can't just be like "Yes." or "I agree" or some other one or two word response and up their post count unfairly - they at least have to type out a well-constructed sentence or describe the picture they're sharing or something :D

So, as long as there's a character limit, then I think things are kept in a high enough quality - enough so that the posts aren't considered to be "post-whoring"  :D

Also in places where there is no character limit. (Like Cloudsdale) Posts there dont count for your total posts.

• Brohoof 1

i have seen forums die from 3 post a day limits

people get frustrated by not being able to respond and they find other unrestricted forums to use

• Brohoof 2

This isn't something that's ever going to happen. If anything, a forum should be encouraging activity and participation in discussions. Arbitrary restrictions on everybody's posting abilities and forcing them to be picky with what they reply to doesn't sound like anything but an overreaction to a minor problem, and a fast track to sucking liveliness and fun out of the community. So long as the vast majority of people here are contributing quality posts, it'd be uncalled for to impose restrictions like these.

This isn't saying that spammy replies and low quality posts aren't a problem, but people who are determined to spread them all over the place will always be dealt with on an individual basis. Doing otherwise would create much bigger problems than the ones this policy is meant to curb.

• Brohoof 8

to stahp people from being post whores you could do like 3 posts daily *unless you are a moderater you post whenever you want* i thaught it would heelp  :D

The current mod system of giving warning points for individuals is vastly superior to the post limit. I'd be completely against the notion of post limits if there's already character limits.

*omits rude comment*

Yeah no. Like the others have said, a forum won't prosper if it's going to be like a ghost town because people have maxed out their posts for the day.

Yes there are people who post very spammy comments, but "that's what the character minimum is for". Besides, lots of people have lots of good things to say everyday, like Scootalove if you've seen him around.