Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc One Piece: Yarrr Edition. OOC OF DOOOOOOOOOOM!

Sugar Cuddles

Back. Sorry everyone. I wish I didn't have to leave so abruptly ; ^ ;

Well, I'm glad you're better now. I was pretty worried about you, tbh.

*hug*

So, can I get put in the posting order? I'm afraid that I'll be asleep while you guys are making most of your posts, but I'm back and ready to RP!

Oh, but ignore me until you two/three get on the ship. I've got an idea for a nice introduction.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm glad you're better now. I was pretty worried about you, tbh.

*hug*

So, can I get put in the posting order? I'm afraid that I'll be asleep while you guys are making most of your posts, but I'm back and ready to RP!

Oh, but ignore me until you two/three get on the ship. I've got an idea for a nice introduction.

That's fine actually! Probably going to do a small timeskip as we travel to the  Grand Line. I want to chat about what the plan is for them atm. Where do you want to jump in Roac? :D  

Well, I'm probably gonna have Rivet be in a locked room, somewhere on the ship. So, whenever you set sail.

They are at sea right now! I'll shoehorn you into the posting order. Welcome aboard :D

(edited)

I know that I didn't necessarily follow the posting order with that last post, but I kind of felt the need to add that in. As far as the order goes you can just act as if Sugar was the last one to post. Hopefully this message helps :squee:

Crap, I did it again :(

Edited by Roac
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,  Rooooooac >.<*  Don't do that. If you do it again I have to kick you from the RP, it's a bad offense. It causes confusion and breaks the narrative for the RP, not to mention make it hard for people to know when they can jump in. I'm tempted to ask for everyone who posted after Roac to delete their posts and start over. But hell if I would kill someone's content just because of the mistake of one.

Hate to be the bad girl here. But really, it's not okay. You didn't give everyone a chance to post, and that's unacceptable in any RP. Hate to rant, but I want to make sure you understand why that MUST never happen again. And to everyone else, if you see someone do it, don't reply. Simply tell me it happened so that the error can be fixed.

No excuse for doing it. If it's a mistake, it's fine, but there's no justifying it o.o

EDIT: Oh, and no video links in the RP or any OOC really! Save it for the OOC chat!

Double EDIT: No emotes either! *flails and pulls hair*

Triple EDIT!: Btw, for the song, I'd suggest just typing in the lyrics and then linking the vid in the OOC Thread :3

FOURTH EDIT: Has he eaten a Devil Fruit? If so, I don't believe I remember one that gives anyone the ability to teleport (though some are close)

Edited by Sugar Cuddles

I don't believe I remember one that gives anyone the ability to teleport (though some are close)

Actually, Trafalgar Law's room (or whatever his power was called) allows him to teleport within his "room"~

And I do believe unicorns in the MLP-universe can as well... At least last time I checked~

Also, I would not worry too much about him kinda skipping the posting-order (now in the beginning, that is), as it kinda helps to introduce him... But yeah, he shouldn't do that again now that he has introduced himself to a degree~

@,  Rooooooac >.<*  Don't do that. If you do it again I have to kick you from the RP, it's a bad offense. It causes confusion and breaks the narrative for the RP, not to mention make it hard for people to know when they can jump in. I'm tempted to ask for everyone who posted after Roac to delete their posts and start over. But hell if I would kill someone's content just because of the mistake of one.

Hate to be the bad girl here. But really, it's not okay. You didn't give everyone a chance to post, and that's unacceptable in any RP. Hate to rant, but I want to make sure you understand why that MUST never happen again. And to everyone else, if you see someone do it, don't reply. Simply tell me it happened so that the error can be fixed.

No excuse for doing it. If it's a mistake, it's fine, but there's no justifying it o.o

EDIT: Oh, and no video links in the RP or any OOC really! Save it for the OOC chat!

Double EDIT: No emotes either! *flails and pulls hair*

Triple EDIT!: Btw, for the song, I'd suggest just typing in the lyrics and then linking the vid in the OOC Thread :3

FOURTH EDIT: Has he eaten a Devil Fruit? If so, I don't believe I remember one that gives anyone the ability to teleport (though some are close)

I'm sorry, please don't hurt me.

I'll see about doing all that, aaaand... Remember the hand-things he has on his hooves? Think of it as an artificial unicorn's horn. Feel free to ask about them in the RP, he'll explain.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Sugar Cuddles,@,  

To be honest, I'd find talking about how he does stuff in the OOC-thread to be kind of a spoiler... Though, if you find whatever he does too OP, then you can complain on here, and ask him to change it, aye~?

Edited by Zhooves

(edited)

@, Nonono :S Explain it here. The RP is at stake.

@@Sugar Cuddles,@,

To be honest, I'd find talking about how he does stuff in the OOC-thread to be kind of a spoiler... Though, if you find whatever he does too OP, then you can complain on here, and ask him to change it, aye~?

Alright, alright, I'll explain (though I'm assuming that you guys saw his character thread. It's in my user page if you haven't.)

So, the first thing that Rivet found about his crystal, Ember, was that it could conduct the very same energies used in magic. This automatically had uses, as all ponies have magic in them. The difference is that unicorns are born with a way to conduct that energy directly into the use of magic, while Pegasi use it to fly, and Earth Ponies use it to better excel at their special talents.

Rivet used ember in a spell-casting device. The original prototype looked very much like a unicorn's horn, and functioned to some degree. But, as Roac found out, it could not be used for anything having to do with telekinesis.

So, after adding a set of mechanical hands, modeled after Iron Will's, he then crafted the version that he is using right now.

Is that good enough of an explanation for you? Edited by Roac
  • Brohoof 1

@

So, basically, Rivet uses custom-made, magic-powered crystals on his hooves and thus is able to enhance his movement by concentrating his horn's magical energy onto these crystals? Hmm... Sounds pretty cool, actually~ 

Does these devices have some other abilities like, let's say, Bartholomew Kuma's paw pads from the anime, where you could push stuff around with a single touch?

(edited)

@@Lume WMj,

No, these particular gauntlets simply allow him to use magic and hold things.

But, there are many other things that he could do with the crystals. As a matter of fact, he came up with a set of wings using the crystal as a sort of battery.

Oh, and the current version; No longer a horn, but instead it's a pair of hand-glove-things with an Ember core.

EDIT: I think that I should mention that the main benefit is that it acts as a conduit, allowing any of the 3 races to use Unicorn magic, but it drains any other racial powers for a few days after (Pegasi become flightless, Earthies lose their strength). Rivet is, in fact, an earth pony, and came upon the discovery of Ember with the help of a unicorn friend.

Anyways, if anypony is worried about him being OP, think of it this way; his magical abilities can be taken away if someone removes the gloves or damages them.

Also, he is physically weak because he uses the powers of the gauntlet more than he should. If an enemy gets within attacking range, he is DEAD.

DEAD

Edited by Roac
  • Brohoof 1

Kuma's paw-pads  comes from his Devil Fruit powers~

I know, it was just an example~ I meant that those crystal gauntlets could act in a similar way to Kuma's pads by concentrating enough magic and sending off a blast of some sort.

But I get it now. Rivet got a few magic abilities from the crystals, but lost his Earth Pony strength as a downside... I see no overpower-ness in that~

• Brohoof 2

I know, it was just an example~ I meant that those crystal gauntlets could act in a similar way to Kuma's pads by concentrating enough magic and sending off a blast of some sort.

But I get it now. Rivet got a few magic abilities from the crystals, but lost his Earth Pony strength as a downside... I see no overpower-ness in that~

:yay:

I'm glad that nopony is angry at me anymore...

• Brohoof 2

Alright, so, in order to fix the order of posts, why don't we wait for Sugar to post, and then have Lume and Zhooves pos? After that, we can try and follow the order from now on :squee:

Speaking of which, even though we had agreed to make at least one post per day, Sugar Cuddles hasn't posted in a while... I hope she's okay. :s

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of which, even though we had agreed to make at least one post per day, Sugar Cuddles hasn't posted in a while... I hope she's okay. :s

Aye... She did say we could skip her if she took a long time though - make her check a mirror to fix up her mane and stuff - though I'd rather not skip her if possible~

• Brohoof 2

Aye... She did say we could skip her if she took a long time though - make her check a mirror to fix up her mane and stuff - though I'd rather not skip her if possible~

Indeed.