Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Who Else Watched Veggietales Growing Up?

True Rarity

Did you watch Veggietales growing up?  

30 users have voted

1. 1. Did you?

• Sure did!
    • Still do!
    • Nope...
    • What in the hay is Veggietales?

Growing up, I watched a LOT of Veggietales (still do sometimes) and am curious to see how many other Bronies share similar experiences. Did you? If so, what was your favorite episode?

I watched it alot as a kid yes. I used to tell my mom and dad to stop showing it for I hated it, but secretly I did like like it. Honestly I did not even knew it still existed till I bumped into it on T.V. I watched for minute then left.

• Brohoof 1

That was a really good show. It was much better than most of the stuff marketed as Christian entertainment. Most of that stuff seemed to kind of beat you over the head with the fact that it was Christian (I exaggerate, but you know what I mean). VeggieTales managed to be a good cartoon while conveying the religious and moral messages in a way that felt natural.

• Brohoof 3

I remember watching it a couple of times at Bible School or something. But I never actively seeked it out to watch it for myself.

I looked this up having never heard of it before...What in the world is this?

I guess if I was younger it'd be more enjoyable...but that's just me.

I'm not religious, but veggie tales was my guilty pleasure.  XD  

It was a really good show!

When I worked at the gym in the babysitting room, we had a playstation and a veggie tales: larryboy game, and that was pretty fun.  

Ah yes, Veggie Tales actually came out when I was in junior high. My friends started getting into it, and I was like "What!? Why are you watching a silly kid's show." Yeah. Me back then probably would have been appalled to know I now watch MLP. >_>

Eventually I came to enjoy Veggie Tales, though, just like I now enjoy this show! It's got some good stories, and it's clean and above board for everyone. Actually a couple weeks ago I watched one with some friends called "It's a Meaningful Life." It's kind of a spinoff version of the Jimmy Stewart classic It's a Wonderful Life. Some pretty good stuff in there about life choices and how the things you do have an impact on other people. Pretty solid storytelling there. ;)

I absolutely did! And I currently own that Little Drummer Boy one on DVD, having bought it very recently. Just this past Christmastime, my mom and I watched it and it was genuinely funny, which I honestly didn't expect XD!

I watched it :D The biblical themes went right over my head, too, so that probably made it more enjoyable :D

I liked Larry the Cucumber the best, and my favorite episode was the one with the Grapes of Wrath, and then they became the "Grapes of Math" at the end :D I thought that was pretty funny. That was so long ago, though, I have trouble remembering a lot of the episodes...:huh:

In any case, yes, I enjoyed it as a kid :D Doubt I would now, since I'm not religious in the slightest and I get irritated with people trying to advertise it through children's media like that, to corrupt their minds rather than let them think for themselves, but personally I enjoyed it as a kid :D 

Yes!!! I used to watch Veggietales all the time when I was little. I had no idea it was anything religious until years later when I was rewatching it and one of the songs was called, "God is Bigger" and I was like: ??????

I loved Larry. I don't remember the episodes very well, but I DO remember the songs and some of the lyrics (embarrassingly enough).

There was the Cheeseburger song, the Hairbrush Song, Barbara Manatee, the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, and the Song of the Cebu.

I was next door neighbors with some religious folk, so I watched a some of it as a kid. I remember liking it, though I can barely remember it and didn't find out it was religious until later.

I heard they took the Christianity out of it in more recent versions, though.

I remember watching the heck out of that show and loving it! It's hard to go back and watch it now since religion and I aren't exactly on good terms, but I still think it's a good show regardless; it's generally well written and entertaining, and even the Christian aspects of it are presented in a way that isn't overbearing.