Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any brony professionals here?

RainbowMau

Well, seeing as im a kid, im probably not a Professional in much...Except maybe being a Gamer, Fiction Writer, *Voice Changer* and so on...

...But i will be in the future!...I hope...

Same here, bro. I'm only 13 so I'm a long way away from a career! :lol: but I'm hoping for a good one!

I'm not surprised in the least to find more than a few of you employed in various disciplines in IT/IS sector. Apparently one of you is God (if my profile feed is any indication) so hats off to you Feld0.

Currently I work for a Financial Services vendor that supplies Loan Origination Technology and Services to banks and credit unions. Everything from simple integration, SaS, LOS/POS, mobile development, web services, and the like.

More than half of my staff work out of Bangalore, India so it's a bit harder to gauge what their personal interests are, even on never ending conference calls. My onshore team is another story. Like Feld0 mentioned, a few of them cut their teeth on self interests while getting a degree ... and as someone who does have input on hiring decisions let me tell you that the Professional that uses their talents as a hobbyist tend to be more satisfied overall -- in their career and personal life. If I were to see a fan labor project on a resume, it's an indicator of passion.

I swear sometimes my department looks more like a comic book shop and toy store. If our clients actually got a peek at the sausage factory, I wonder what they would think. There aren't any other Bronies, but the fandom is not looked down on. Pony crossover images are shared liberally. And then you have our internal IT Help Desk ... every visit there is an adventure! O-o

Hats off to the EMT's and the teachers. I can't applaud your professions enough, and I feel a little guilty talking about Dev nonsense knowing the work you all put in to your careers.

Edit: and the Armed Services too!!!! Sorry all of you rock.

I really love this topic BTW.

:o. You work in Bangalore? That's where I'm from. I wasn't born there, but thats where I get my Indian heritage! How do you like it?

Same here, bro. I'm only 13 so I'm a long way away from a career! :lol: but I'm hoping for a good one!

:o. You work in Bangalore? That's where I'm from. I wasn't born there, but thats where I get my Indian heritage! How do you like it?

I work in the swampy pit of Dagobah otherwise known as Florida. Our International HQ is in Bangalore, and I absolutely loved it. The time change and the layovers in Frankfurt Germany are another story entirely though. I have a hard time giving it a fair appraisal since I spent every waking moment working at the tech campus there training and meeting with investors. What I did experience when it wasn't night was the busiest city I've ever seen ... and I was born in Philly.

The one thing that I came away from BLR with was how impressed I was with the younger adults. The best way to describe it is a sense of enthusiastic passivity ... I suspect it may be what the US felt like I the late 60's and early 70's. A sense of optimism ... but grounded.

Hard to explain but as I said, I love the place

• Brohoof 1

I work in the swampy pit of Dagobah otherwise known as Florida. Our International HQ is in Bangalore, and I absolutely loved it. The time change and the layovers in Frankfurt Germany are another story entirely though. I have a hard time giving it a fair appraisal since I spent every waking moment working at the tech campus there training and meeting with investors. What I did experience when it wasn't night was the busiest city I've ever seen ... and I was born in Philly.

The one thing that I came away from BLR with was how impressed I was with the younger adults. The best way to describe it is a sense of enthusiastic passivity ... I suspect it may be what the US felt like I the late 60's and early 70's. A sense of optimism ... but grounded.

Hard to explain but as I said, I love the place

Yep! I've spent many a sleepless night listening to the cars and autos that roam around. Also, I've woken to that sound many times too. It's sad that you never got to go out, but Bangalore is one of the most beautiful and (noisy) amazing cities ever. Welp, at least you had a good time. :)

SUBNET.

I've actually learned to do this. It took a lot of effort to work it out with pencil and paper, but now it's actually rather fun ^^

I do about 15 different things around the home to make money. I help out with my husband's business when he needs it. He invented a clothes hanger that makes hanging a shirt really quick without stretching out the neck. Also, I make pony plushies. Finally I write. I'm working on 8 different books of varying length. (2 kids, 1 young adult, 3 adult fantasy, 2 Sci-fi). Unfortunately, I just can't seem to find enough time during the day to do everything I want to get done.

• Brohoof 2

Why am I the only one fascinated by Load Origination Technology... Seriously what IS that? Cause I could use a loan if your into makeing money out of nothing.

It's just a fancy pants way of distilling all of the mortgage loan processes into one generic term. From loan application to recording a deed basically. There are so many new regulations that mid-size banks use my company to help automate or streamline some of the work they do ... at the same time limiting some of their liability.

It's definitely not as interesting as kayaking or some of the other careers in this topic.

Not a professional for much... i just got a high score of 21097 in pac man for some reason. yes im that professional of a gamer

OFF TOPIC: Guess what game release date my high score is