Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Time for some In Flames

Always loved the vocalist for this band. He's always had a very recognizable voice for me, not to mention he's really good at going back and forth between clean and unclean vocals. Sign of a great vocalist imo when they can go back and forth between two vocal types so well (not necessarily between growling and clean vocals either, falsetto is another great example)

1:30 and I have school today. Fortunately I don't have to go until 12 hours later. Regardless, my sleep schedule is fucked.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3a5pFbpjSY

Obligatory NeverNeverland birthday video. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, METAL BRUH.

Thanks, but... I don't want to run out of life!

Edited by NeverNeverland
  • Brohoof 1

SO HEY GUISE GUESS WHAT. Deftones are coming back to Philly on October 28!! 28 or 18, not quite sure. Anyway, this time, they're coming with Daron Malakian's side project, Scars on Broadway.

But this time, the venue is gonna be smaller, instead of the big venue I saw them at before. Plus, my dad might be able to get passes to meet the band, because his coworker knows Chino Moreno's wife.

Needless to say, I'm pumped up. I'm looking forward to this more than Devy.

Daron Malakian's side project, Scars on Broadway.

I just looked into SOB and as it turns out, ZACH HILL IS THEIR DRUMMER OH MY FUCK

Anyway, he's one of the best drummers ever. Very frantic. In addition to his work with Hella (which is great) He also drums in a hip hop group that is basically the heavy metal of their genre. It's nuts.

Doing my homework is one of the only times I ever get to sit down and listen to long prog songs properly, so my entire playlist consisted of RItchie Blackmore's Rainbow and Symphony X. Came across this and remembered how I sat in awww for the full length at how awesome the song was the first time I heard it. Still awesome every single time I listen to it. :

I was listening to this on the bus today and thought I had to post it here. I’m sure most of you in this thread know this song but for those of you who don’t you need to hear this. I believe this is thrash, Metallica, and possibly metal at it’s best. It is an all out assault on your ears from start to finish.

I was listening to this on the bus today and thought I had to post it here. I’m sure most of you in this thread know this song but for those of you who don’t you need to hear this. I believe this is thrash, Metallica, and possibly metal at it’s best. It is an all out assault on your ears from start to finish.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZsCCxx17w

Eh, there's some thrash bands that I'd consider to be better than Metallica. Though early Metallica is pretty awesome.

Here's a nice band. Posted a live version because I can. They have a very Slayer sounding tone. Thrashy indeed.

Eh, there's some thrash bands that I'd consider to be better than Metallica. Though early Metallica is pretty awesome.

Oh, I wasn’t saying Metallica was the best thrash band out there, just that song. I know there is a lot of Trivium hate out there and there but as far as thrash goes I’d say they are far and away my favorite band. Evile aren’t so bad themselves which is cool because that was live too.

• Brohoof 1

Thy serpent makes the blackest black metal ever, along with Carpathian forest of course, you know what, why not have some Carpathian Forest right now?

I think I'd really enjoy black metal if there was more technical proficiency there. Is there any black metal band that can... uh... shred on major levels? I realize that black metal is usually known for it's raw production and all, though.

I think I'd really enjoy black metal if there was more technical proficiency there. Is there any black metal band that can... uh... shred on major levels? I realize that black metal is usually known for it's raw production and all, though.

Hmm, I can't remember off of the top of my head, I would have to listen to a few more of em' but all I can say is the best well-rounded band would have to be Dimmu Borgir, as they have a great blend of originality, great vocals, and decent instrumentals. I don't listen to black metal that much too be honest, only because I'm too lazy to find more bands, and the only ones I listen to were a few my brother recommended to me. That's why I love this thread, cause you can find a lot more. But yeah, start with Dimmu Borgir.
  • Brohoof 1

Metallica used to be quite a bit more thrash-y prior to Master of Puppets. Damage Inc. was pretty much their "Look guys, we haven't forgotten" song for that album.

That said, Puppets is still one of my favorites overall.

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, I will have to go with the underground thrash faegs and admit that RTL was my favourite 'tallica album. Plus, it has two of my favourite tracks (along with the fact that I've never really liked MOP for some odd reason) so how can I not be prejudice towards it?

...wait, am I late? /slowpoke

EPICLOUD LEAKED I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY GET IT ON ROCKB-

Damn it TBAT, now I'm tempted to listen! That chorus to More!, the Kingdom remake... ._. I'm gonna have to go back to Lucky Animals in the meantime to stop myself from doing such.

• Brohoof 1