Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

My friend thinks I'm gay because I listen to metal. In that case, yes he's right I'm a very happy metalhead. img-1317996-1-smile.png And he's just a grumpy whateverdafuqhelistenstoprobablysomeR&Bshit fan.

Don't fuck with JT. Or THEESatisfaction or Marvin Gaye or artists like those aforementioned because I like them a good deal.

Shit goes hard.

Don't fuck with JT. Or THEESatisfaction or Marvin Gaye or artists like those aforementioned because I like them a good deal.

He likes Rihanna and Eminem (I think that's how you spell it), I doubt he's even heard of Marvin Gaye. But yea, he keeps on calling me gay (and he's a brony too) because I showed him a Cannibal Corpse song.

He likes Rihanna and Eminem (I think that's how you spell it), I doubt he's even heard of Marvin Gaye. But yea, he keeps on calling me gay (and he's a brony too) because I showed him a Cannibal Corpse song.

Cannibal Corpse really isn't one of those bands that you want to show someone who already doesn't like metal. Same goes for almost all death metal bands.

Shit goes hard.

You and I both know that [id] is the superior album.

• Brohoof 1

Cannibal Corpse really isn't one of those bands that you want to show someone who already doesn't like metal. Same goes for almost all death metal bands.

I showed him Bathory, Morbid Angel, Death, Deicide and Napalm Death and he labeled them all as "gay" too. So I guess you might be right :/

I also met this one dude who claims that 2pac is better than Slayer just because 2pac has more fans, he also called Johnny Cash an "old f*ggot". Eeyup, he seriously called Johnny Cash an "old f*ggot". 

• Brohoof 1

I showed him Bathory, Morbid Angel, Death, Deicide and Napalm Death and he labeled them all as "gay" too. So I guess you might be right :/

I also met this one dude who claims that 2pac is better than Slayer just because 2pac has more fans, he also called Johnny Cash an "old f*ggot". Eeyup, he seriously called Johnny Cash an "old f*ggot". 

That's the way some people are today, if it's before 2005 then it's just labeled as "crap that they don't wanna listen to", jeez some people

People give Venom too much credit for inventing black metal. IMO I think Bathory invented black metal, Venom has a more proto-thrash/speed metal sound. Bathory actually sounds like black metal.

Edited by Neighvana666

When it comes to black metal, I agree, Bathory were definitely the first. Venom coined the term, and helped develop the aesthetic of black metal, but they are a total NWOBHM/speed metal band.

Seen Midnight live three times now, every time is a fuckin banger. If you haven't heard them yet, check it out. They're the aborted love-child of Venom and Motorhead.

• Brohoof 2

That damned chorus.  It won't leave me alone!  I haven't even heard this song in like a year, so I'm not sure why it's suddenly stuck in my head.

I love that band, but I never could get into this song that much. I liked it the first time I heard it, and then I just got really bored of it really fast. That's one of those A7X songs that I feel are really overrated.

So yea, Bathory is eargasmic as f*ck. I get wet whenever I listen to Bathory.

I know I'm going to get a lot of sh*t for saying this but, I think Bathory is the greatest band to come out of Sweden.

It's songs like this one that blow my mind away, the fact of how such a harder, heavier band can make some of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, is just amazing, but it sucks to know that most people don't get that.

Vikings, fvck yea! 

And no, Amon Amarth isn't viking metal. Maybe lyric wise but that's about it, they're melodic death metal in my book.

Edited by Neighvana666

Listening to Come Clarity by In Flames again while I do this stupid online homework...

But of course I always get distracted by MLP Forums and it takes me forever to finish my stupid homework...

Online homework? I wish, that doesn't sound too hard. Then again, I don't think I've ever gotten that. It's all this super-open-ended English homework I have to do. FFS I've gotten more work from that one class than all my others combined this semester.

Vikings, fvck yea!

And no, Amon Amarth isn't viking metal. Maybe lyric wise but that's about it, they're melodic death metal in my book.

Well, of course they're not viking metal. Are people still calling them viking metal? Even Johan Hegg (total QT(3.14159)) said they weren't in a really awesome quote.

We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the Vikings were into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty stoked about this EP coming out soon by Stargazer.

Yeah man, the hype is getting to me.  Listened to one of their song "Animus" a while back when it was uploaded to the tubes.  Nice sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57X9UrW4uzs

Also, really stoked about the Rockstar Mayhem Fest 2013 tour thats comin' around this year.  The line-up here in Hartford includes BOO, Amon Amarth, Mastodon, and Children of Bodom, plus so much more.  I'm actually looking forward to it this year! :D

• Brohoof 1

I've been power metal-ing quite a bit lately.

Check out the two top comments, they're like, the most beautiful things I've read since this morning. Then again, I woke up late today. Skip to 3:04 if you don't understand them.

Is it just me or are the majority of people on here more into power and progressive than any other subgenres? It's just an observation of mine.

Sow how about some MORE BATHORY!

Well, I've seen a lot of progressive metal being posted here. Mostly the djenty ones. And most people like Veil of Maya, which is also kinda djent sounding. I guess it's more of that sound than progressive metal itself. I'm not too big on progressive metal myself, except for some more "moderate" proggy stuff.

As for power metal, I haven't seen like, any power metal here except for the stuff I've occasionally posted. I think Hansel posted Saxon once, but other than that, no one else really likes power metal here. Anyone? :(

Well, I've seen a lot of progressive metal being posted here. Mostly the djenty ones. And most people like Veil of Maya, which is also kinda djent sounding. I guess it's more of that sound than progressive metal itself. I'm not too big on progressive metal myself, except for some more "moderate" proggy stuff.

As for power metal, I haven't seen like, any power metal here except for the stuff I've occasionally posted. I think Hansel posted Saxon once, but other than that, no one else really likes power metal here. Anyone? sad.png

Exactly, there's been plenty of prog stuff posted on here. I'm not that into prog either, I'm more of a black/death/thrash kinda guy. I remember on my poll power metal and prog had the most votes.

(edited)

Is it just me or are the majority of people on here more into power and progressive than any other subgenres? It's just an observation of mine.

I like a little bit of Progressive Metal and Djent stuff, though only on the occasion, actually I've posted more Sludge Metal stuff than anything else, unless you wanna count the Hardcore bands that I've posted.

As for Power Metal, I can't judge that when I haven't heard much from it.

Edited by Moog Phatty