Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can someone teach me pony language?

djtoMm

A composed guide of the popular and well known terms of the brony community! :D http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bronyspeak

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bronyspeak

WHATCH OUT! My level of knowledge follows! XD

tumblr_ljkeuyjp1a1qafrh6.gif?1318992465

Brohoof: The act of bumbing fists in a manner that shows camaraderie or agreement. SO YEAH! 

Parasprites: Noun a term that is pny speak for trolls, used in a sentence..."Don't feed the parasprites!" A troll is a term used describe someone who impersonates, offends, or down rights frauds others for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of! It can be very hurtful and one must not engage them... they almost seem to FEED of of hate or response.

Spaghetti: Is a term I am SORTA familiar with, ussually refers to an "annoying" Or spastic brony... I don't know why a term like that is used, but 

I don't know any others at the moment so just ask agaon please! Others would probably be more than happy t

Well for one thing there's a LOT of puns where a common word in English gets altered slightly to include a reference to something horse-related. Some examples, which are all used within the show itself:
Everypony=everyone. This is perhaps the most well known example. It's the same idea for anypony, nopony, and somepony.

Foals=fools.

"Ladies and gentlecolts"="Ladies and gentlemen"

Outside of the show, there's a lot of memes, phrases, and slang words that originated from the fandom. Hedoth mentioned a few and linked to a good article that explains some more.
Some of the common ones include:

"clop"=fap (specifically, to something pony related)
"facehoof"=facepalm
"brohoof"=bro-fist, also known as a fist bump.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Of course, that only applies to the English version of the show. In the French version, there are no pony terms. In fact, the word "cider" does not exist in the pony language in the French version. (it is replaced by Apple Juice).

Alcoholic drinks are not suitable for young kids...

• Brohoof 1

Of course, that only applies to the English version of the show. In the French version, there are no pony terms. In fact, the word "cider" does not exist in the pony language in the French version. (it is replaced by Apple Juice).

Alcoholic drinks are not suitable for young kids...

You mean they don't say cidre because the alcohol assumption?

You mean they don't say cidre because the alcohol assumption?

That is correct. Cider is an alcoholic drink and since this show is aimed at kids, references to alcohol is not allowed.

By the way, you don't make cider by crushing apples, lol. 

The ponies do have different languages I think but the pilot included what looked like more ancient pictographic symbols that may have been used in Equestria's past but is no longer used by modern pony society. They might use alphabetic languages instead; I don't think it is complete enough to be something that can be taught.

Basically, ponies just modify certain words, and bronies have expanded upon this idea. 

Everybody = Everypony

Somebody = Somepony

Nobody = nopony

Troll = Parasprite

brofist = brohoof (or fist-bump = hoof-bump)

• Brohoof 1

Sure.

while( true ) // gotta make code consistent!
{
  pony.say( "neigh!" );
}

Gosh dang it, you trying to crash the pony? XD It's going to be neighing FOREEEEVER!!! (pony-talk right there (courtesy of Pinkie))

A lot of what everyone has said so far has pretty much summed up the "pony-language," but I guess I'll just add by saying that there is no strict "language" to actually speak. You can replace the ideas of hands/feet with hooves and pretend that you and everypony else is a pony, but as for anything else it's all really just really lenient about what you can say. Any references from the show can work along with any popular meme floating around. :)

• Brohoof 1

Spaghetti: Is a term I am SORTA familiar with, ussually refers to an "annoying" Or spastic brony... I don't know why a term like that is used, but

Actually, that's more of an anti-brony/hater term. It comes from the "spaghetti stories" of 4chan, which, are stories of awkward happenings out in public where the main thing is to say how spaghetti flows from somewhere during said awkward happening. So, its more like calling a brony awkward than annoying or spastic. Still an insult either way.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, that's more of an anti-brony/hater term. It comes from the "spaghetti stories" of 4chan, which, are stories of awkward happenings out in public where the main thing is to say how spaghetti flows from somewhere during said awkward happening. So, its more like calling a brony awkward than annoying or spastic. Still an insult either way.

O_O; Oh my.............. I am sorry....... I had no idea that is was a hate slang......

• Brohoof 1