Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Big Mac or Bulk Biceps

ggg-2

Big Mac or Bulk Biceps  

57 users have voted

1. 1. which one is in better shape?

• Bulk Biceps
    • Big Mac

Okay so I'm going to bring in a scenario for y'all here... You know how guys like to play tug of war with their trucks (yes, definitely a country thing, and really only shows who has better traction... and gear ratio plays a role, too)...

Anyway, imagine Big Mac and Bulk Biceps in a tug of war match - one that is more similar to how it is done with trucks, rather than the way humans do it with hands.  Basically, they'd be "towing" each other to see who is stronger.

Obviously the answer is Big Mac.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Big Mac by a long shot. His bod is natural while Bulk just looks hilariously...wrong.

Mac's in shape, natural, healthy, fit, apple-eating, hard-working....and dashingly handsome white Bulk Biceps is a walking Spumco cartoon.

Bulk may be a sweet guy beneath the psychotic shouting & riduculousness (he does have a sweet, childlike sensitive side) but he just doesn't look right.

Edited by Pinkiesister75

Big Mac. He moved a house. Earth ponies are stronger than the other two types, or at least, in my theory, that's what the show's writers came up with, along tactile tails, so that they wouldn't be uncool compared to unicorn and pagasi. A pegasus would have to be ripped, to even compare to an earth pony, strength wise.

Of course, it may be a little unfair to judge fitness based purely on physical strength. For a pegasus, fitness probably doesn't mean ability to lift, pull or throw something. It would probably have something more to do with flying capabilities, and wing strength. However, in that regard, Bulk Biceps is far less fit. I can think of a few possible explanations. He's a pegasus who pursued strength training out of passion, but the steroids he took caused his wings to shrink, or perhaps he trained really hard as a kid, and, just like how excessive body building at a young age can stunt growth, maybe that's why his wings are so small. The third explanation I can think of is that he was born with small wings, or they never grew properly, and he pursued body building to overcompensate. Regardless, his bulk more than likely worsens his flying ability even further. So, no, he's not fit by pegasus standards.

Big Mac. He moved a house. Earth ponies are stronger than the other two types, or at least, in my theory, that's what the show's writers came up with, along tactile tails, so that they wouldn't be uncool compared to unicorn and pagasi. A pegasus would have to be ripped, to even compare to an earth pony, strength wise.

Of course, it may be a little unfair to judge fitness based purely on physical strength. For a pegasus, fitness probably doesn't mean ability to lift, pull or throw something. It would probably have something more to do with flying capabilities, and wing strength. However, in that regard, Bulk Biceps is far less fit. I can think of a few possible explanations. He's a pegasus who pursued strength training out of passion, but the steroids he took caused his wings to shrink, or perhaps he trained really hard as a kid, and, just like how excessive body building at a young age can stunt growth, maybe that's why his wings are so small. The third explanation I can think of is that he was born with small wings, or they never grew properly, and he pursued body building to overcompensate. Regardless, his bulk more than likely worsens his flying ability even further. So, no, he's not fit by pegasus standards.

Plus, Big Mac is a big hunk!

vg07c4.jpg

Hello, y'handsome stallion!

• 1 month later...

Big Mac.

Yes, Bulk Biceps is bigger, but it's very clear that he's well above what his body's supposed to be able to handle.

It's not just about how big you are, but how well you can use your size- Which is both incredibly dirty and a fairly broad statement if your take out the word 'big,' now that I think about it.

Just so we get the record straight, this isn't a fight or a comparison of who's stronger or even the better athlete. Sumos are considered by many to be exceptional athletes in their sport, and yet they also tend to have some of the poorest health due to their diets, leading to a far shorter life expectancy.

Here, although Bulk Biceps is probably undoubtedly stronger, he is not likely by any stretch, healthier than Big MacIntosh. Big Mac's overall good health comes from his hard work ethic and skill. He doesn't suffer from exhaustion like Bulk does doing his daily activities, and his body mass and size are not grossly disproportionate, even for someone as big as he is - he's a draft stallion, so he's naturally built for work.

People might also say that Big Mac is overworked, but from what we've seen, the work at Sweet Apple Acres is well distributed between himself, Applejack and the laborers that work under them.  :mellow:

It's very possible that Snowflake (Bulk Biceps) is stronger. I will not argue that point. However, the original question is "Who is in better shape." Definitely Big Mac. Why? All the points stated before. His lean muscle suggests it was built over time, while Snowflake's muscles suggest it was a very sudden burst of lifting.

• Brohoof 1

It's very possible that Snowflake (Bulk Biceps) is stronger. I will not argue that point. However, the original question is "Who is in better shape." Definitely Big Mac. Why? All the points stated before. His lean muscle suggests it was built over time, while Snowflake's muscles suggest it was a very sudden burst of lifting.

Very astute observation :squee:

One of my family members used to be a competitive body-builder, I remember them saying something like that about building muscle.

The massive muscles are actually probably not as good as you think.  Big mac has a nice even build and his body isn't stressing just standing there like Bulk's do.

• 3 months later...

It is hard to say, really.  Bulk Biceps is obviously intended as a parody of those super ripped guys you sometimes see at gyms.  In "Hearts & Hooves Day" Big Mac pulls the house, but he is under the influence of a magic potion (I would think that counts as a performance enhancing drug).  On the other hand, off hand I can't think of anything BB ever did except tug of war w the CMCs in "Flight to the Finish", which is hardly much of a test.

So, I'll have to go w Big Mac 

• 4 weeks later...