movies/tv Every Episode of SpongeBob Rated!

More_Fluttershy

(edited)

Here, I will be telling you my opinion on every SpongeBob episode. Since there are so many, I'll explain  some of them in one or two sentences, some not at all, and give further details on the "controversial" choices if requested. Arguments are fine by me. Here's the score system.

"Good" means the episode is really funny, has a good plot, had clever and funny moments, had likable characters, and is just an episode I like. 

"Okay" means the episode wasn't bad, but kinda boring and unfunny, or a combination of good and bad. 

"Bad" means the episode is really boring and unfunny, or could be offensive or piss me off. the characters are unlikeable and the plot sucks. It's the opposite of good.

I may also choose some for an "Admirable" or "Atrocious" rating, which is pretty much the equivalent of "Good" and "Bad" with more emphasis. I'll try to limit these, so if you're favorite or least favorite isn't marked as one, don't worry, it just means it was part of the slimming. 

I'll start with Season 1. 

Help Wanted- Admirable 

Reef Blower- Good 

Tea at the Treedome- Good

Bubblestand- Good

Ripped Pants- Admirable

Jellyfishing- Good

Plankton!- Good

Naughty Nautical Neighbors- Admirable

Boating School- Good

Pizza Delivery- Admirable 

Home Sweet Pineapple- Good

Mermaidman and Barncaleboy- Good

Pickles- Admirable

Hall Monitor- Good

Jellyfish Jam- Good

Sandy’s Rocket- Admirable

Squeaky Boots- Good 

Nature Pants- Good

Opposite Day- Okay

Culture Shock- Admirable

F.U.N- Admirable

MuscleBob BuffPants- Okay

Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost- Admirable

The Chaperone- Okay

Employee of the Month- Admirable

Scaredy Pants- Admirable

I Was A Teenage Gary- Bad

SB-129- Admirable

Karate Choppers- Admirable

Sleepy Time- Good

Suds- Good

Valentine’s Day- Admirable (FAVORITE OF SEASON 1)

The Paper- Admirable

Arrgh!- Admirable

Rock Bottom- Good

Texas- Admirable

Walking Small- Admirable

Fools In April- Good

Neptune’s Spatula- Okay

Hooky- Admirable

Mermaidman and Barnacleboy II- Good

Admirable: 19

Good: 17

Okay: 4

Bad: 1

Atrocious: 0

Seasonal Rating: Admirable

So, Season 1 was a pretty good start. Not the best season ever, but still really great and a preview of what will come. My favorites from the Season are Valentine's Day, Pizza Delivery, Aargh!, Karate Choppers, and F.U.N.

The worst episode was I Was a Teenage Gary, and it would be an Atrocity by MrEnter's scale (11pts), but I don't really count the 11-19pt range as atrocities as I don't hate them that much. It still is bad, though. 

Feel free to cast your own opinions. Season 2 is coming soon. 

Edited by MidnightTwinkle
  • Brohoof 4

Haha, while I don't remember all the episodes in this list, I remember some and I guess it's because they were among the good ones.

Or the weird ones like "I Was a Teenage Gary" Sorry, that one is freaky ;p.

While it is a bit simple and stuff as far as what was posted, I'm sure you have atleast a bit more info on the rating of each, just didn't post it, which is fine for me.

Now I'm remembering all kinds of Spongebob stuff.

Also almost all the episodes in S1 are rated okay and above, besides 1 ;p. Season 1 was pretty good though so yeah ;p.

Yeah, I have further opinions. I'll tell you my thought on "I Was a Teenage Gary." I just didn't want to take up all the space in the topic explaining every single one.

The episode is one of the most tame bad episodes of the show. It had it's moments like the gag with the Needle and the now where Squidward had to eat all the food, but the plot is all over the place. It transitions from some jellyfishing convention prep out of nowhere from playing with Gary and having Squidward watch him into this freaky episode. Not that I don't like freaky stuff, it's just that it's odd to be in Season 1 SpongeBob, where it's all sinking in. Squidward is also completely selfish and ignorant to let Gary almost die, or "dehydrate slightly" (which made little sense), and I don't understand SpongeBob's motivation after the transformation. Was he seeking help? Did he just want to play? I have no idea. But will snail plasma really do that much? And the ending is just strange and comes out of nowhere. So it's not awful, but it's still the first Bad episode. 

• Brohoof 1

Haha, while I don't remember all the episodes in this list, I remember some and I guess it's because they were among the good ones.

Or the weird ones like "I Was a Teenage Gary" Sorry, that one is freaky ;p.

While it is a bit simple and stuff as far as what was posted, I'm sure you have atleast a bit more info on the rating of each, just didn't post it, which is fine for me.

Now I'm remembering all kinds of Spongebob stuff.

Also almost all the episodes in S1 are rated okay and above, besides 1 ;p. Season 1 was pretty good though so yeah ;p.

Forgot to quote you for my opinion, just see above. 

• Brohoof 1

I really don't get all the hate with I was a Teenage Gary. It was surreal, sure but it also had its funny moments. And since when is surreal a bad thing?

This is quite similar to PIEGUYRULZ's review of S1 on Youtube. He's actually planning to review them all, I think.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So I understand why people like the episode "I Was a Teenage Gary," for liking all this freaky stuff, and I have nothing against that. It was barely a Bad episode in my opinion. 

I may as well post Season 2, since there's really not much to say, and I'll be leaving for a week relatively soon. Sorry for minimal reasons, I just thought Season 1 was so simplistic the reasons I like or dislike the episodes would be pretty self-explanatory. And yes, it is inspired by PieGuyRulz's series. 

Your Shoe’s United- Good

Squid’s Day Off- Good (Are you finished with those errands?)

Something Smells- Admirable 

Bossy Boots- Okay

Big Pink Loser- Admirable 

Bubble Buddy- Okay

Dying For Pie- Admirable (Just a classic episode with so many funny moments, and Squidward cares for once)

Imitation Krabs- Admirable (My least favorite episode done right (guess what that is))

Wormy- Admirable

Patty Hype- Admirable

Grandma’s Kisses- Good

Squidville- Good

Prehibernation Week- Good

Life of Crime- Admirable (Just plain hilarious)

Christmas Who?- Admirable (This episode is really great, and one of the best Christmas specials. It manages to balance out the humor with emotion PERFECTLY)

Survival of the Idiots- Admirable (A very creative episode, with many classic gags)

Dumped- Bad

No Free Rides- Good

I’m Your Biggest Fanatic- Good

Mermaidman and Barnacleboy III- Admirable (It's not my wallet)

Squirrel Jokes- Good

Pressure- Admirable

The Smoking Peanut- Admirable

Shanghaied- Admirable

Gary Takes a Bath- Good

Welcome to the Chum Bucket- Admirable

Frankendoodle- Admirable (FAVORITE OF SEASON 2)

The Secret Box- Admirable (It's interesting to see this kind of conflict that some of us may feel a lot)

Band Geeks- Debatable

Graveyard Shift- Admirable (Such a funny episode, it had AT NIGHT for the sake of it, and the events from Squidward's story really happening was just great)

Krusty Love- Good

Procastination- Good

I’m With Stupid- Bad

Sailor Mouth- Admirable (go push the Y-rating, nice)

Artist Unknown- Atrocious

Jellyfish Hunter- Admirable (Mr. Krabs is a monster, but gets punished appropriately)

The Fry Cook Games- Admirable

Squid on Strike- Good (But barely, the ending hurt it)

Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm- Admirable (good to see the relation with SpongeBob and Sandy)

Admirable: 21

Good: 12

Okay: 2

Bad: 2

Atrocious: 1

Seasonal Rating: Admirable

Final Thoughts: Season 2 was a really good season. It had many classic episodes with lines we still remember today, like The Ugly Barnacle, and of course it was funny. Still not as good as Season 3, but very close. 

Favorites of the Season: Frankendoodle, Graveyard Shift, Sandy SpongeBob and the Worm, Sailor Mouth, and Christmas Who?

I might as well just get to the "controversial choices."

Bossy Boots: Okay- Simple, not that much memorable. There was "Sa-lad", but I really don't see much reason to watch it again.

Bubble Buddy: Okay- There were many memorable moments and a classic one-timer, and I hesitated to give it okay, but it does eventually come out as SpongeBob and Bubble Buddy annoying the Bottomites, (killing one, though not on screen and for joke, and he came back in later episodes)

Dumped: Bad- This was about as bad as I Was a Teenage Gary, so it was barely a bad episode. Patrick was a jerk who didn't care SpongeBob basically lost his pet, and the pets SpongeBob bought were cruel, but there were plenty of enjoyable moments such as that sleepover and such. 

I'm With Stupid: Bad- This is one of the more tame bad episodes, but bad enough for me to not hesitate. Don't get me wrong, the episode was HILARIOUS, but we see what Patrick would think of someone mentally retorted, and the insults to SpongeBob were hurtful in a way. 

Artist Unknown- Atrocious- This may be a bit of a surprise, but I REALLY hate, hate, HATE this episode. It's not a dud like the previous two, it's 5 times worse. This particular episode is on my bottom 10 episodes of all time, and yes, it competes with infamous episodes like Demolition Doofus, Stuck in the Wringer, and Atlantis SquarePantis. Why do I hate it this much? Let's see. 

I really don't know why this episode doesn't get any hate. Squidward is like, Little Yellow Book unlivable, if not more. He is so selfish and an obnoxious jerk. He really can't treat SpongeBob with some respect? He made him lose all his creative talent. ALL of it. It leaves a bad feeling, and the only reason Squidward tried to help him was for his own purposes of getting fame and fortune (and hair). I also didn't like the critic. His design is really off, he speaks so strangely, and he gets the story nowhere. And just the ending is really awful. Squidward acts up like in Are You Happy Now? And it's really uncomfortable to watch, and then the janitor is the one to get the fame and fortune. That just made the episode pointless and end on a wierd note. I just didn't understand how compressed rubble can make a sculpture. And still no apology. Not any sort of remorse. And the episode is not funny. DOn't get me wrong, the marble joke on it's own is GOLDEN, but put in this scenario, it didn't get me a single chuckle due to Squidward's unlikeability. The rest of the jokes fall under the same disadvantage. I just can find few redeeming qualities, the only one being that there are worse episodes. Nonetheless, there are a lot of problems and little good. I get that they might be referencing the failing education system, but that's not the message I got. I just got the message that this episode should have been canned. 

So, yeah, that's my opinion. 

Anyone disagree with any of my episode ratings?

Anyone agree with some of my "controversial" ratings?

Please give me feedback. Season 3 will come soon.

The Fry Cook Games- Good

This was one of my favorite episodes in the show, it's better than good :P

Band Geeks- 

I'm assuming this one's admirable. This is a good episode, but I'm probably one of the few people who don't think as highly of it, even as a band geek myself

Grandma’s Kisses- Good

I actually hate this episode, there were a lot of times where I thought the episode was both stupid and mean

(edited)

This was one of my favorite episodes in the show, it's better than good :P

I'm assuming this one's admirable. This is a good episode, but I'm probably one of the few people who don't think as highly of it, even as a band geek myself

I actually hate this episode, there were a lot of times where I thought the episode was both stupid and mean

Remember "Good" and "Admirable" are practically the same rating. I thought of giving it Admirable, but yeah, wanted to limit those. 

Actually, I purposely left Band Geeks blank. Seriously, I don't know what to give it at this point. It's a very long story. for a while, I liked the episode. I don't know or care how much, but I did. Then after lurking around the internet I eventually figured out how overrated it was. Once "Demolition Doofus" aired, I began to rethink my opinion on the show, and yeah, I just tried to "fit in" by putting Band Geeks as part of my Top 5 for no other particular reason. And then it came on on Nick sometime in June. 

Yeah, I wasn't really that fond of the episode. I mean, seriously, I can think of a bunch of problems right now. The biggest problem being the pacing. I mean, the jokes are just thrown at you way too fast and at inappropriate times, enough for me to get very few chuckles. The joke pretty much is the scene. Unlike Chocolate With Nuts, which had PERFECT pacing, so I laughed at an average time of 10 seconds, which gave it a guaranteed spot in my Top 3, this episode, it's kinda hard to grasp it all. Giving everyone a part in it took too much. The Mayo being an instrument got me once, but it's getting really old.

Some more minor problems are less notable but still there. First, the animation is bad. It had little idea of perspective and is very inconsistent. Next, Squilliam. He's overrated. He doesn't deserve to be. He takes almost no role in the story and when he does, he's usually bragging. I saw people defending some bad episodes for no other reason BUT his presence. He's not an excuse. There's also the death gag, I mean, there has been examples of that, but we either know the guy's still alive or it didn't happen on-screen. Here, we see every second of the blimp crash. There's continuity, in the form of Plankton's instruments. Sure, the harmonica gag was hilarious on it's own but since he was holding a triangle earlier, the gag in the episode is cheap and forced. "Kicking" never gets old, but other than that, these jokes are far from the best material. And there's the song, which I found out was not original and literally half was cut. And there's the plain fact about it's popularity. Think about it, it has the closest to a universally loved reputation than any episode of ANY nicktoon, or possibly any cartoon. You see and hear about it all the time. Shouldn't this get old quickly for at least A FEW people?

Maybe these problems would be resolved if it was a 22-minute special, but no, they HAD to cram it into 11 minutes. I just can't hate on the episode because tun I'll probably get blacklisted or something. So, I just leave the rating blank. 

Grandma's Kisses was not really an episode I'd consider watching again, but it's just good enough to get that rating. Like Squid on Strike, I hesitated. 

Another thing, SpongeBob just turned fifteen today. Why Nickeodeon isn't hyping it up like mad is beyond me. 

Are you going in the style Pieguyrulz does for his spongebob reviews?

Yes, I mentioned that to was. 

fucking a pal for gary? never heard of that ep.

You don't want to see it. You'll never forget the atrociousness of it. Just ask anyone. 

You don't want to see it. You'll never forget the atrociousness of it. Just ask anyone. 

I've seen "A Pal for Gary" ... but not "fucking a Pal for Gary" .. which sounds like a dirt ep might I add lmao.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen "A Pal for Gary" ... but not "fucking a Pal for Gary" .. which sounds like a dirt ep might I add lmao.

Oh, I just added the F-word to emphasize how much I hate the episode. It's A Pal for Gary I'm talking about.