Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Grand Galloping Gala Role-play

Your Nightly Spectre

* Remembers* Oh I need to set up my gala portrait stall... How could I forget... *goes to set up stall* I hope there is still some space left. *sets up easel and seats under a tent* There... Perfect. Now to just fix up my mane. Its a mess X3. * Sits down and waits for anypony to come for a portrait whilst having a drink*

@@@Lightning Bliss,

"You mean the one who's drink Ellipsis took a sip from?" As if on cue, Ellipsis came buzzing back in from the gardens and nestled back into Elo's mane. "The vibrant one with the large ears? That would be Princess Lightning Bliss. I have yet to properly make her acquaintance, but Princess Twilight has told me quite a bit about her. It would be nice if Twilight were here to introduce us, but from what she's told me this princess won't mind chatting with curious strangers too much. Just, don't make a big deal out of our introduction to her. Apparently she is not particularly fond of the spotlight."

@, @@Lightning Bliss,

"You mean the one who's drink Ellipsis took a sip from?" As if on cue, Ellipsis came buzzing back in from the gardens and nestled back into Elo's mane. "The vibrant one with the large ears? That would be Princess Lightning Bliss. I have yet to properly make her acquaintance, but Princess Twilight has told me quite a bit about her. It would be nice if Twilight were here to introduce us, but from what she's told me this princess won't mind chatting with curious strangers too much. Just, don't make a big deal out of our introduction to her. Apparently she is not particularly fond of the spotlight."

I would not dream of it, although she was rather unique looking even for an alicorn. But do not worry, i wont ake a huge deal out of meeting her, especially when you consider that i haven't heard of her except in rumors. Remember, with my lufe, i was bound to hear things come up." He looks sad as he says this, but cheers up quickly, to hide it.

*Calls out* Would anypony like to come to my art stall? I am selling some portraits so yourself at the gala. Only 5 bits! You can be the first to get one! *takes another few sips from drink* wow I sure am thirsty. I have drunken almost all my drink. better get another later

@

Eloquence notes the moment of sadness in his face, but says nothing of it, instead nudging him gently. "Thank you dear. I'm not sure what you've heard, but I do know that the closer you can get to the source, the more accurate your information will be. Well, at least that is usually how these things work." She steered Mirror and herself towards the refreshments on her way over, pouring herself a glass on punch.

@@Night Breeze,

As she poured her drink she looked in the direction of the brief sales pitch she heard being shouted. 'I'll have to remember to return to that stall later, when I don't have a princess to interview' she thought to herself. 'After all, those of us working here this evening should support each other, and that little batpony looks like she isn't getting very much business so far.' For now though, she saw that she could at least show support in some way, noting the pony's nearly empty glass and comments to herself. She levitated the punch she had just gotten over to her, setting it carefully on her stall with a smile, and poured two more glasses for herself and Mirror Image.

@@Lightning Bliss@@Gloomfury,

She then put on her trademark Confident Interviewer face and made her way to the table where Lightning Bliss was sitting with a pretty but unknown to her mare. "Pardon me, I hope we aren't interrupting anything. My name is Eloquence, and this is Mirror Image. If it isn't too much trouble, I am covering the Gala for the Daily Canter, and would love to chat with you for a minute about the event." She turned to the unknown pony. "Both of you. While royalty may draw popular interest, I would be remiss in treating their views as if they matter more than others."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dark Star arrived at his primal destination, the Canterlot Castle, home of the princesses and the greatest party of the year: The Grand Galloping Galla. 

He could recall last year when he came here just for the sake of a secret assignment that he set himself, but this time he was done with those kind of jobs, this gala he was coming on his own. 

Last year he promised a certain mare a dance because of his sudden need to leave because of a horrible head-ache that was caused by a small incident, and to his hopes he could fulfill that promise this year. Heck, the only reason he came here again was to fulfill that promise, there was nothing special for him in the gala. 

Having acquired a ticket legally by simply buying it off his friend for a great sum of bits he had an extremely different feeling in his gut, he had nothing to worry about when it came to guards or unsettled businesses. This was going to be his night and he had nothing stopping him, after all he was a changed pony, slowly moving away of his old dangerous habbits. 

The stallion cast a mirror spell in front of him he tried and find any problems with his current look. He had his mane recently treated at the barber, giving it a nice taken-care-of look. His tail was very alike, it was cut shortish and well brushed. And then the most important part, his necktie, a blood red bow-tie that fit him perfectly.

Getting rid of the magical mirror and stepping forward he found himself at the gala. He gave his ticket to one of the guards who recognized him right away, after all he was relatively known amongst the Canterlot Guard for his past deeds, but it was a respect slowly disappearing as new generations of guards came and went.  

The Guard gave him a slight bow and a nod. "Welcome to the Grand Galloping Gala. " he spoke and returned to the next pony wanting to enter. 

Here he was, inside, most of his old worries left him, and gave room to some new ones. Looking around he couldn't find his "date" anywhere close the area they agreed to meet. He was here on the exact agreed upon time. 

Seeing that he probably had to wait a bit more he allowed himself to inspect the area further and try and find something to do. All around in this courtyard were ponies talking, some in smaller groups some in relatively huge ones. 

Star locked his eyes upon an art stall. Art was something that always interested the stallion, but it was something he just didn't have time to do himself. Trotting up to the stall he found the mare selling, to his surprise it was a bat pony, a race that he was very familiar with but found somehow mysterious. He decided to speak first. 

"Good noon, Ma'am, May I ask what you have for display, or possibly doing art on the spot?"

[i will read this a 2nd time tomorrow, so do expect some errors for now.]

Edited by TheDarkStar

@,

Eloquence notes the moment of sadness in his face, but says nothing of it, instead nudging him gently. "Thank you dear. I'm not sure what you've heard, but I do know that the closer you can get to the source, the more accurate your information will be. Well, at least that is usually how these things work." She steered Mirror and herself towards the refreshments on her way over, pouring herself a glass on punch.

@@Night Breeze,

As she poured her drink she looked in the direction of the brief sales pitch she heard being shouted. 'I'll have to remember to return to that stall later, when I don't have a princess to interview' she thought to herself. 'After all, those of us working here this evening should support each other, and that little batpony looks like she isn't getting very much business so far.' For now though, she saw that she could at least show support in some way, noting the pony's nearly empty glass and comments to herself. She levitated the punch she had just gotten over to her, setting it carefully on her stall with a smile, and poured two more glasses for herself and Mirror Image.

@@Lightning Bliss, @@Gloomfury,

She then put on her trademark Confident Interviewer face and made her way to the table where Lightning Bliss was sitting with a pretty but unknown to her mare. "Pardon me, I hope we aren't interrupting anything. My name is Eloquence, and this is Mirror Image. If it isn't too much trouble, I am covering the Gala for the Daily Canter, and would love to chat with you for a minute about the event." She turned to the unknown pony. "Both of you. While royalty may draw popular interest, I would be remiss in treating their views as if they matter more than others."

"Why yes, information is always best obtained from the original source of course." When he heard his name being introduced to the ponies, he bowed his head slightly. "Let it never be said that i was rude to anypony, and it is a pleasure to make ypur acquaintance."

@, @@Eloquence,

"Oh!" Bliss coughed a bit, an immediate flush of red spread across her white cheeks, "Um, hello, it is nice to meet you both Eloquence and Mr. Mirros." She pawed the edge of her seat feeling shy, not only for herself but for the gifted earth pony Belle as well. "Oh um, this is my newest friend Belle," she quickly introduced to cut the shyness down, "she and I were just talking about our homes and... well I guess how I came to be an alicorn. But none of that's important. It's a pleasure to meet you both as well."

She happily like any normal pony who meets another pony for the first time and shook hooves with them. "So you wanted us to talk about this evening, about the Gala? Of course, anything to help the local writers. Um, what would you like to know-?"

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

Before she had any time to wait for Eloquence and Mirrors' response, she was abruptly inturrupted by a familiar stallion voice and turned just as Riley flew in, hugging her eagerly. "Whoa!" She coughed again, the blushing now turning bright red at the sudden reappearence of an old face, "Riley! It's, it's been a long time. How are you? I didn't know you were attending the Gala. But where my manners," she quickly waved a hoof apologetically and turned back to the other three ponies. "Ma'ams and sir, this is my friend Riley, he was a guest at my birthday party not so long ago. Riley, this is Belle, Eloquence and Mirror Image."

"I am sorry if we have interrupted you both." Mirror Image says, bowing his head. "I do say though, you are by far one of the most interesting pony I have ever met, and i have met quite a few. Anyone who doesn't give you that much at least is a liar. And I am sorry if I am making you uncomfortable."

@,

Mirror's kind words only seemed to make Bliss blush more, out of more of surprise as well as hummlness.

"You're too kind to me Mr. Image," she rubbed her head, trying to come up with a compliment back in return, "you've only just met me. How do you know I'm that much of an interesting pony?" She giggled again trying to cut out her own shyness. "Sorry if I come off as rude, I don't usually get this much attention this often. I do well to hide my 'royal' image, and try to come off as average citizen...But sadly this is not the case tonight."

She smiled to him softly then, her eyes sincere and apologetic, "you don't need to apologize. You're not making me uncomfortable. I guess you could say I don't know how to, handle myself? In these kind of situations? I guess this is what royal awkwardness feels like. But please," she quickly levitated out three more chairs from nearby tables for the handsome silver stallion, Eloquence and Riley, "take a seat if you'd all like? I'd much like to get to know you all too. It might help to shed this feeling of awkwardness. Far as I'm concerned I'm just a regular pony enjoying the evening with new ponies."

@,

Mirror's kind words only seemed to make Bliss blush more, out of more of surprise as well as hummlness.

"You're too kind to me Mr. Image," she rubbed her head, trying to come up with a compliment back in return, "you've only just met me. How do you know I'm that much of an interesting pony?" She giggled again trying to cut out her own shyness. "Sorry if I come off as rude, I don't usually get this much attention this often. I do well to hide my 'royal' image, and try to come off as average citizen...But sadly this is not the case tonight."

She smiled to him softly then, her eyes sincere and apologetic, "you don't need to apologize. You're not making me uncomfortable. I guess you could say I don't know how to, handle myself? In these kind of situations? I guess this is what royal awkwardness feels like. But please," she quickly levitated out three more chairs from nearby tables for the handsome silver stallion, Eloquence and Riley, "take a seat if you'd all like? I'd much like to get to know you all too. It might help to shed this feeling of awkwardness. Far as I'm concerned I'm just a regular pony enjoying the evening with new ponies."

"Well I am here for a job honestly, my turn just has not come up yet, so i have some free time, that is if my friend Eloquence does." Looking at her, he thinks "what the buck did I just say? Oh damn, I screwed up, this is bad, so very very bad." He thinks that with an extremely frightened look on his face.

@,

"I'm sorry," she blinked at him in confusion, "you doing a job here? What is it that you do?" She darted her focus to Image, to Eloquence, then back to Image again thinking 'did I strike a nerve? Are these two together or something?'. "I didn't really think anypony had a job to do at the gala, unless of course your a waiter, cook, baker or royal guard."

"Oh um, well um" clearly flustered Mirror Image replies. "Well I'm a performer, I will be onstage doing m show, which is just illusions, high level ones but still, illusions." He says, "um, ya I um" Mirror Image becomes shy acting almost like Fluttershy, and crouches to.make himself smaller.

@,

"Magic?!" Her large ears perked up so abruptly that it knocked her tiera off her head. "Oh shoot!" She watched in annoyance as her crown fell to the floor and rolled off into a cluster of hooves of the party ponies. "Gah darn it all! So sorry I'll be right back. I want to hear all about your magic Mr. Image!" She got up abruptly and carefully tried to push her way through the crowd, desperatly trying to find her crown.

"Darn it Bliss...can't you do anything right," she mummbled to herself as she tried to search while avoiding making eye contact with eagered ponies wanting to speak with her, "it's these cursed ears! Gah...and the fact a unicorn that can perform magic like that... I could learn so much from him! It's something new! I only know the basics and-" in her distraction she felt a hard metal like object, and realized too late she had kicked her tiera further into the crowd. "Drats!"

@,

Silver Tongue was late once again, but that wasn't going to stop him again, he wouldn't miss it this time. Silver was getting anxious, and called out to the carriage driver he hired "Come on. Hurry up! Oh, never mind." when he realized that they were there, and the carriage driver gave him a snort as he stopped the carriage to park.

Making his way to the gate, held up the ticket given to him by his parents as a gift, and took one look at the large line of ponies before skipping it with a laugh. "So here I am. The party of champions. Surely I will find cunning, wize, masters of speech to give me a run for my money... Or I could stand here, thinking about meeting said ponies." Silver said, and started wandering around.

"Miss Bliss, I can just grab your crown." As he says that, he levitates the crown up to her. "As an alicorn couldnt you have done that? Im not trying to be rude, but it is a basic spell, but if you dont know it, any unicorn can teach yu it, hell ill teach it to you quickly."

@@Eloquence

Belle just smiled and waved at the new ponies. Belle is always shy when she's in a group. Big or small. While she saw Bliss talking with the new stallion she looked over to the unicorn mare. She couldn't help but look her over a little. She as even more shy around beautiful mares. But since Bliss and the stallion were talking to each other it was just her and the mare. She got up and slowly walked over to her with a slight  blush at what she might say. "Um, hello. I'm Belle. It's-Bitch! It's nice to meet you." Her face got brighter. "I'm so sorry. I hav-Shit! I have tourettes syndrome. And I sometime ca-Fuck! Can't control what I say or do."

@,@@Lightning Bliss, @@Gloomfury

Eloquence smiled, happy for the sudden set of distractions. She didn't often find herself at a loss for words, but goodness that was awkward. "Don't worry about it dear. It's lovely to meet you." She looked over at the rest of her group, distracted and temporarily away from the table. "Looks like it's just you and I for a bit. I'm sure Mirror wouldn't mind if you borrowed his seat, if you'd like." She used her magic to pull out the chair a bit. "You have a lovely voice by the way. Would you mind telling me where your accent is from?"

"That is an interesting way, Riley was it?" Mirror Image replies as he shakes his hoof. Turning to Eloquence he asks, "you doing ok? And I, well um, er...... will you still be here in a little bit? My show is about to start and I would enjoy your company afterwards?" Mirror asks, stuttering the whole time.

@@Eloquence,

Belle blushed again, because this was the second time that someone complimented her accent. As she took a seat in the offered chair she cleared her thought before speaking again. "It's a Cajun accent. We sometimes cal-Damn it! Call it Southern Prench. A long time ago som-Shit! Some Prench settlers set up a small plantation near Froggy Bo-Fuck! Bottom Bogg. Through the years they started to get use to Equestrian and the country pony accent. Soon the accents star-Whore! Start to form into a new one. And cause of the Prench influence we speak-Shit! We speak Prench along with Equestrian in my home town." Belle always like talking about her towns history. She was really proud of it.

@the dark star

I am selling art made now so everypony can remember their time at the gala. I can make them rather quickly also. Are you interested in buying one. I am more than happy to make you one. *before smiling at dark star*  Also you do look nice tonight. Everypony does!

:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3

Eloquence answered each pony in turn, feeling rather fortunate to have stumbled into such a large and interesting group. Her article was sure to be the talk of the town, she just knew it.

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

She shook Riley's hoof with a giggle. "Lovely to meet you Riley. You know, if you used your other hoof you could greet even more ponies at a time."

@,

She answered Mirror, "I will likely still be here after your show, though I might move during it for the sake of having a better view." She smiled warmly. "And if I'm not still here, I'm sure I will find you again, or you will find me. Just look for the levitating notebook."

@@Gloomfury

Eloquence listened intently as Belle discussed the history of her accent while keeping tabs on the rest of the table. "That's really fascinating Belle. I thought I heard a bit of Prench in your voice somewhere." She began scrawling notes in her notebook, still looking at Belle. "I hope you don't mind dear. When I cover an event I take notes on everything, even things that aren't directly pertinent to what I am covering. Good writing is in the details, you know?"

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

She shook Riley's hoof with a giggle. "Lovely to meet you Riley. You know, if you used your other hoof you could greet even more ponies at a time."

Deciding not to dwell on the cussing mare, Riley turned to look at Eloquence. "Well, I need to be able to stand up," said Riley. "So, to greet people, I can use one front hoof, one rear hoof, my wings, and my tail... that's five ponies altogether!" he concluded. "Genius!"

Eloquence answered each pony in turn, feeling rather fortunate to have stumbled into such a large and interesting group. Her article was sure to be the talk of the town, she just knew it.

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

@,

She answered Mirror, "I will likely still be here after your show, though I might move during it for the sake of having a better view." She smiled warmly. "And if I'm not still here, I'm sure I will find you again, or you will find me. Just look for the levitating notebook."

@@Gloomfury,

Eloquence listened intently as Belle discussed the history of her accent while keeping tabs on the rest of the table. "That's really fascinating Belle. I thought I heard a bit of Prench in your voice somewhere." She began scrawling notes in her notebook, still looking at Belle. "I hope you don't mind dear. When I cover an event I take notes on everything, even things that aren't directly pertinent to what I am covering. Good writing is in the details, you know?"

"Well, I'm off to get onstage then." Mirror Image says, as he teleports on to the stage. "Welcome ponies fom across Equestria. I am Mirror Image, your entertainer for now, and I hope, you will all enjoy the show." As ue says this, illusions of xia long dragons spiral through the air, breathing showering sparks as they fly over the heads of the guests.

(edited)

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

She laughed at the red stallion's excitement. "That's impressive. I may be able to talk to five ponies at once, but greeting them is another matter. I am sans wings, after all." she said gesturing to her back. "I'll have to settle for verbal greetings tonight, and lots of them. I don't see a room packed with this many ponies too often, even in my line of work."

@,

"Ooooh, it's starting!" She said to Riley and the rest of the table before politely quieting herself for the event. She just had to release a little excitement first.

Edited by Eloquence