Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Salvation's price OOC/discussion

Vae Victis

(edited)

IC Thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/104998-salvations-price-rp/

" midway upon the journey our life

I found myself within a forest dark,

For the straightforward pathway had been lost.

Ah me! How hard a thing it is to say

What was this forest savage, rough, and stern,

Which in the very thought renews fear.

So bitter is it, death and little more;

But of the good to treat, which there I found,

Speak will I of the other things I saw there."

- Dante Alighieri, Dante's divine comedy

You are dead. Through what means, only you can remember. You've awoken in a moonlit forest, with others that you do not know. They are also dead. And yet, they are alive. The same as you. You can only wonder what is happening. Was your death a dream? No... No you felt the final emotions, felt the final pain, and like a fading fire, your life flickered out. So is this the afterlife? This.... Forest, dark and foreboding. Surely, this can't be paradise?!? Where the smiling pony faces? Where are the golden gates? Where are the seraphim? The pegasi with eight wings, symbolizing perfection?!? Alas, if this is not paradise.... Then it must be quite the opposite. As you realize this, uncontrollable fear courses through your mind.... After all, you never did seek redemption for that act.... Your sin. Your guilt. Your reason for being here. You either died before reperations were made, or your ignorance made you feel as though you were not guilty of anything in life, when in fact you were. Why else would the curse of divine retribution be afflicted upon you in the afterlife? Yes.... You know where you are. This forest is in fact a gateway. In the distance, a red glow can be seen, and you can hear tormented screams. You and the others gaze upon it. You hear it. You feel it. The sadness, the anger, the regret, the sorrow. The inferno. It's like it.... Calls to you, beckons you. And you? You feel inexplicably drawn to it. As if there is something deep inside that forsaken place. Like there might be a way out, or better yet..... Redemption. Find redemption, conquer the trials, and earn your salvation. You know not why you were given back your physical body in the afterlife. Only that you will take this chance to get out of this place, by going in.

Enter a world where there is no hope. Only despair. Meet the souls of well known figures from both recent, and centuries past. Prove your mettle, and your remorse, to the divine. Discover that ultimate power may very well not be ultimate at all. That even a higher being is not above reproach. This journey through the inferno will either break you, or make you more powerful than ever before. You've been given any equipment you used in life, and you still remember your skills. Use them well, and with this group of fellow damned, journey through the flames of absolution. However.... If you fail.... Your punishment will fit your earthly crimes. For eternity. Now go! Into the fire! Into 9 circles! Go... To hell.

This is an RP based off of Dante's divine comedy, abook written in the fourteenth century about a man's journey into damnation.

This is essentially an action/horror RP. You will have to survive the dangers of the inferno with your magic, weapons, and wits. But one can not hope to conquer the inferno alone. Different crimes have befitting, gruesome punishments, all that you will see. The circles of the inferno go in this order, the deeper the circle, the more dispicable the earthly crime.

1. Limbo ( for the souls that did no bad, but never did any good either.)

2. Lust

3.greed

4. Avarice

5. Heresy ( in this RP, heresy would mean the use of dark magic, like necromancy.)

6. Violence

7. Wrath

8. Liars

9. Betrayal

Your character will have done at least one of these sins in their lifetime. Choose your sin, and work it into your story. Feel free to be really creative.

Each character is branded with a mark. A black circle enclosing a red diamond shaped figure, somewhere on their body. When you arrive at the circle that you belong in, it will glow and burn with searing agony. The others, when they see this, will want an explanation of why you belong there., or the trust within the group may shatter.... But it need not be this way, if you confess your crimes.

Rules:

1. Absolutely no god-modding or OP characters or actions.

2. Respect other RP participants. No disrespect is needed and it makes this more enjoyable.

3. This is going for the long haul. Only join if you are positive that you will like this RP

And it's story.

4. I've had too many RP's die on me. Try to post at least once everyday to keep the story going. If you have not posted In four days, it is a warning. If you are gone for six, then you will be kicked out of the RP. ( unless a major event happens that will take a lot of your time. If do, messege me and inform me of your coming absence and the reason why, and you will be protected from being kicked out.)

5. All races except alicorns allowed, unless of course I review the OC and see if it is okay to use.

6. No " insane " personality types. I'm sorry, but it does tend to harm more than help the RP.

7. I'd like to review your OC before joining. It's first come first serve when you submit an OC, but best in mind that I do hold the right to decline use of an OC. If declined, I will give you an explanation. Of course, this won't mean you can't join. Maybe tweak that OC or use another that seems more fitting, and I'll review it.

8. Romance is allowed. Just don't get too graphic.

9. This RP isn't for the weak of heart. The imagery may invoke somewhat disturbing images in your mind at times. Only join if you can stomach this, however, I will say that it is few and far in between.

10. Have fun!

11. List the sin of your OC with your application to get in. That will tell me that you read the rules and will give you time to come up with a story as to why they are damned.

_

--------------

The players

---------------------------

1. Dirge of souls- http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sinning-saint-r6873. Sin: heresy

2. Sage of six mirrors- http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/stronghammer-the-mirror-r6805- sin: betrayal

3. Gloomfury- http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/gloomfury-r4100 Sin: wrath

5. Dashian500- http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/stained-steel-r4275 Sin: wrath

6.http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/shooting-star-r6224 Sin: non sinner- limbo

7. Dusk shade- rampart charger- sin- violence

Edited by Dirge of souls
Adding link to IC thread.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will jon this for one reason above everything else. The Divine Comedy is above all, my favorite story.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/stronghammer-the-mirror-r6805. The sin of betrayal, I will have to work it into his backstory but it is worth it.

Sage! Good to see you here! And I'm glad I've found someone else who appreciates the divine comedy! But if course, I'm going to throw in a few twists. ;)

Your in. We can start when up to slot 5 is filled, but it is preferable that all slots are filled.

Sage! Good to see you here! And I'm glad I've found someone else who appreciates the divine comedy! But if course, I'm going to throw in a few twists. ;)

Your in. We can start when up to slot 5 is filled, but it is preferable that all slots are filled.

It was a hell of a story. How far are we going. Are we just staying in the inferno or are we going to purgatory and maybe even paradise. Or as they are referred to in the story, being Italian, purgatorio and paradiso. I think i misspelled the purgatory one, whoops.

Ooooh, how interesting, I've been interested in doing a roleplay based on this but never could get an original enough twist to say, hey its a roleplay, not a reading

Inferno will pretty much be played out almost how it was written. The descriptions of the circles influence the environment, and remain pretty much how they were described. However, the trials of purgatorio and paradiso... Now those will change up alot.

( I realize that not everyone is a Christian and this is going to be an action/horror rp pretty much, so I figured, " hey... Lets add some trials in both those places as well! Purgatorio won't last too long. Paradiso will be longer than purgatorio but shorter than inferno.

But I've thought out an ending in my head. And I think everyone will like it ;) )

(edited)

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

@

Atlas it is. Violence. He has killed in his day and though he regrets it the time has come to pay for his sins.

Question. So how does this work. You start in a forest and then what. Do we just go down into the burning pits of Hell seeking redemption. Wouldn't we be stuck in the rings of Hell matching our sin?

Edited by Firehearted

@,

Atlas it is. Violence. He has killed in his day and though he regrets it the time has come to pay for his sins.

Question. So how does this work. You start in a forest and then what. Do we just go down into the burning pits of Hell seeking redemption. Wouldn't we be stuck in the rings of Hell matching our sin?

I dont kniw exactly what is gonna happen, but Im willing to guess Virgil will show up.

@

Ahhhh but that's the thing.... Someone or something has seen fit to give you back your earthly bodies in the metaphysical realm. You do not know why. But you will find out. Maybe there is a being that seed that you have the potential to become something great... Or maybe... There is one using you from the shadows... Either way, you must press onward. But this isn't just going to be dawdling in the realm of punishment... We'll have to fight our way through.

Like I said, this is based on the story, not a rereading. I've had to make some changes to make it a possible RP. but you'll see soon enough ^__^

Btw: I didn't mention this earlier, but you can have the same sin as someone else in the RP.

@firehearted @gloomfury

Both of you are accepted. I'll add you to the roster ^__^

We can start when the 5th space is taken, but I'd love to see all of them occupied soon.

Of course, If anyone has a friend that they'd like to invite or inform of the RP, that is also welcome.

OMG my oc steel would be perfect for this since he was an assassin I'd love to join this Wrath murder mostly murder

All right. You're in.

And with that, we've met the requirement to start. I'll post the startup post along with the link to the RP thread later tonight.

As if now, we still have 2 spots open.

Time for some action! Three creatures are coming... And they will be quite powerful. Get ready for your first trial.

To make this RP a little more dynamic, along with the story advancing posts, I will post music that I feel fits the current situation. To get a true feel of the terror of the situation, I recommend you listen ^__^