Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Most beautiful animation you've seen?

LazuriteDreams*

This is the first thing I thought of:

All the colors blend together so well, and even the less exciting parts look like a moving painting. :)

I gotta admit. The animation in Pocahontas was extraordinary, :)

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lucy Liu's anime scene from Kill Bill that I totally cannot post here, lest I get a BNSFW/NSFW slapped on me due to it's violent content.

But look up "the orgin of o-ren" on Youtube if you feel like seeing the best thing you will ever see in your life.

Oh, god damn, that was some fluid animation

And that western music...sad harmonica, haunting trumpet, foreboding aria, slow gentle guitar strumming...incredibly fitting.

Edited by Dattebayo

Dearest OP, I think I know some thing that may have graphics made just for your eyes! Since it looks like your eyes really can appreciate some fine works of animation, as I can see on your examples

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3OibB43zffI
This is a gameplay trailer of the game Child of Light
A whose the graphics were almost 100% hand made, the colors are delightful, the details are astonishing and the the music, although it isn't an animation feat, wraps it all together as if it were the sweetest a person can lay their eyes upon, hope you find it beautiful :3

Edit for screenshots

Child-of-light.jpg

qssm1kl9gezskpyaqwxy.jpg

homepage_slide_child_of_light_screenshot

Edited by Caleb Rosengard
  • Brohoof 1

Akira - With ultra-violence as a central theme in this movie, I expected amazing animation. It was underhyped. IT WAS JUST AWESOME!

Paprika - It's a film about travelling through dreams. It was an obvious pick just like Akira.

• Brohoof 2

• Howl's Moving Castle

This was absolutely fantastic. Who knew that you could make an amazing movie from the perspective of a granny. It's still watched by many to this day, and is one of my favourite animations. Just great! And perfect for a family audience! 

• Brohoof 3

The movie "Redline" I think the animation in it is gorgeous and highly stylized. If you happen to like over-the-top stories and animation, or happen to be a fan of the F-Zero series I'd reccomend it. =)

post-29272-0-12268300-1409015887.gif

post-29272-0-52191100-1409015907.gif

post-29272-0-31630300-1409015992.gif

• Brohoof 2

I remember back in 01 or 02 I was telling my roommate they should make a transformers movie that looks like real life. I remember her thinking the idea undoable but I told her the advancements they were making with CGI could totally make it do able. So you'd better believe that when thee movie came out, and actually came out in 3D... There isn't a critic alive that would convince me that God wasn't listening and when Blackout transformed and when all the bots including Optimus... That is truly what it means, to create heaven on earth for oneself and actually be mesmorized when it happens.

Not just beautiful blends of 2D and 3D animation, but a beautiful film in general that has to be Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence. One word on it's animation: Detail.

This is only one of many beautiful shots of the locations in the film, and it should be noted that the dialogue is incredibly rich and the action enjoyable.

• Brohoof 1

The first time I ever saw Bioshock I was blown away, as well as Bioshock Infinite.

Also the opening to Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Greatest animation I've seen?

Smile HD... :P

My reaction to smile hd (more or less):

Edited by Octavia_Melody2

The most beautiful animation I've ever seen? Hmm...

Ugh, what can I do? I'm a sucker for Hayao Miyazaki's works. mlp-pp-joy.png

All of his movies have something really special about their animation. They're simply so smooth and somehow so magical, which fits just perfectly with the recurring style of his tales. I'm sure that there are better animations out there, but Miyazaki's are the only ones that come to my mind.

If I had to name only one movie, it would probably be Spirited Away, because it was the first one I watched (thus, the one I remember the most). But again, I adore nearly all of his animations~

14DZA8u.jpg

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another animation which I think is gorgeous. Fantasia's "The Firebird"!

Everything in this video was breath- taking. The bright colors were so vivid and it felt "magical"!  And I just really love the music that goes with it. Ah the magic of Disney animation~ :)

Edited by LazuriteDreams*