Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv MLP Forums WWE Discussion Thread - 2013 to Wrestlemania XXX

Doctor XFizzle

10 users have voted

1. 1. Best WWE debut?

• Chris Jericho
    • Goldberg
    • Rey Mysterio
    • The Radicalz (Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero jumping the barrier)
    • Wyatt Family

la la la... this was going to be my response to the thread that was made a little bit ago asking who watched the WWE:

Back in the day (from like 98 to 02 or o3?) I followed the WWE fairly regularly. Also, WCW. Still remember that "Attitude Era" and the wrestlers that were popular back then fondly. Stone Cold Steve Austin was my fav, and I also really liked Mic Foley, The Undertaker, HBK, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and yeah, Chris Jericho :D That man is a cool dude. Also liked Bret Hart and Randy Savage a lot even though they weren't with the WWE anymore at that point (RIP Randy :() Don't really follow the WWE anymore, but I did really enjoy HHH vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TojT_j6dUjo

As you can tell, I don't really pay attention to the WWE anymore. Have no idea what you guys are talking about, but Hi! *reads a bit of the thread* Wait wait wait wait wait... CM Punk vs The Undertaker? Barely know anything about this dude-think he came in towards the end of the time that I still watched-he seems cool, but I would be highly irritated if he were the one to break The Streak. Oh wait, that's not what you're saying. Still.

btw, anyone ever read Bret Hart's autobiography? I thought it was really good. It does tend to paint him in a very kind light and everyone else in a bad light, and I like how he ended the book on such a wonderful note, saying that Shawn Michaels (and HHH? I forget) are still dirtbags, but yeah. It's written in such a convincing way. Although one thing that really made me roll my eyes was the reasoning behind him cheating on his ex wife.

I was really hoping that it would be Sheamus that would fight the Undertaker but oh well, Cena Vs the Rock should be good say what you will about Cena and his boyscout persona that guy does not give up.

I'm honestly gonna be surprised if the Undertaker still wins at Wrestlemania, 20 seems to be a good number to stop at. I'm also expecting a good show from Cena Vs The Rock II too, since I enjoyed the last one so much.

Isn't there a 3rd match as well? HHH vs Lesner?

I am overall dissatisfied with the upper card at WrestleMania this year. How much longer are they going to push Cena and Rock? I mean is that really what the Universe wants to see? Those guys are so repetitive and uncreative that I basically turn off the TV whenever I see one of them on screen.

I think the Punk vs Rock match at No Way Out was simply horrid. Remember that screw-up thing we did at Royal Rumble. Let's make it even worse and repeat it 10 times. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. The execution was so botched it made me cry. Why oh why did you have to give Punk 50 pinfalls before allowing Rock one?

Some of the worse quality matches I see now involve old wrestlers like Rock or Cena? Why not shove them aside from the main event to make some place for younger talents like Del Rio or Punk? One of my favorite matches recently has been Miz vs Cena at WM27. At least until Rock hogged the spotlight. The finale sucked balls.

I have to say I'm confused about the Punk-Taker match. It can either be good like the HHH-Taker matches or they can do something awesome with it. But I think it's going to be pretty much like the previous matches: Well executed and brutal but far from perfect. The match I will be looking forward to is Del Rio vs Swagger. I have seen few of Swagger since his return but what I saw impressed me. And I think Del Rio does a great job in the ring, even if I liked better when he was a pompous heel.

On a final note, seeing Telegraph's Stunner montage really reminds me of how bad actors some of those guys can be.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see i'm not alone in being a wrestling fan. I don't watch it as much as i used to, which was back when Stone Cold was dishing out middle fingers at Vinnie Mac every week.

But focusing on now, I really hope Wade Barrett soon gets his big break.

Undertaker will win at Wrestlemania. I can pretty much give you a 90 percent guarantee. Why? Cause there is talk that this could be Undertaker's last match before he retires. If he retires after Wrestlemania, I seriously think the Phenom will win this and then go to the Hall Of Fame a few years later. BTW is anyone here aside from me going to Wrestlemania?

Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio (Singles for the World Heavyweight Championship)

Cena vs Rock (Singles for the WWE Championship)

Ryback vs Mark Henry

Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (Tag team match for the Tag team championship)

Randy Orton,Sheamus,and Big Show vs the Shield (Six man tag team match)

Brock Lesnar vs Triple H (No Holds Barred match,If triple H loses he must retire)

Undertaker vs CM Punk 

Rumors say a eight-diva tag team match or Fandango vs Chris Jericho might happen at WM29

• Brohoof 2

But focusing on now, I really hope Wade Barrett soon gets his big break.

Wade Barret is doing quite well right now about a month or two ago he defeated Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Championship at a TLC pay per view and has successfully defended it multiple times since most recently in a triple threat match against Chris Jericho and The Miz.

Haven't been watching lately, but what's the scoop on the Intercontinental Championship? Surely there will be a match contested for it at Wrestlemania, right?

Wade Barrett has it. Personally, i feel he's being wasted as the Intercontinental Champion. An ideal challenger for Barrett would have to be someone like Bo Dallas. This would be an ideal chance for Barrett to drop the title and be moved on to the World Heavyweight Championship picture. Money In The Bank is his best shot right now.

• Brohoof 1

Wade Barrett has it. Personally, i feel he's being wasted as the Intercontinental Champion. An ideal challenger for Barrett would have to be someone like Bo Dallas

Eeeeeh I disagree on that.  To have Bo Dallas come straight out of NXT and defeat Barrett one-on-one for the IC title would not only make Barrett look hella weak (which would kill any momentum he has/had for a main event push) but would also make the title less credible than it has already become.

Now that Dallas in in a program with Bray Wyatt and The Family, which is a good feud for them both, it opens up some possibilities for Barrett.  I agree on your opinion that he's been wasted as an IC champ.  I mean, he can only go out and gloat about his movie role in "Dead Man Down" on Raw so many times before it just becomes annoying as hell, which it has.  This feud with the Miz and a legend and main-eventer like Jericho is going to help build Barrett back up to where I would like him to be.

Sorry for the wall of text!

tl;dr- WWE is on the right path, as far as Barrett and the IC title are concerned.

Also, does anyone find it weird that the Miz went straight from a losing feud with Antonio Cesaro for the US title, to feuding with Barrett for the IC title?

Seriously I thought Jack Swagger would be pulled out of Wrestlemania 29 Title shot against Alberto Del Rio after his Marijuana incident!

well, they had the story line in full swing...to pull him out, midway through, and try to find someone to take his place, and build up a decent rivalry this soon, would be difficult. there was a rumor, that Swagger was suppose to be Del Rio for the title, but after this, it's uncertain. he may very well lose the match, because of it...and that also would put Zeb Colter's character in a bit of a snag.

Wade Barrett has it. Personally, i feel he's being wasted as the Intercontinental Champion. An ideal challenger for Barrett would have to be someone like Bo Dallas. This would be an ideal chance for Barrett to drop the title and be moved on to the World Heavyweight Championship picture. Money In The Bank is his best shot right now.

I wouldn't be surprised, if he does end up defending against Bo Dallas really.

Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (Tag team match for the Tag team championship)

there's a chance, Team Hell No could drop the tag titles, and Ziggler cashing in his contract, and winning the title from him. like him or not, he does have the talent...though I can't really see him as a tag champ.

Brock Lesnar vs Triple H (No Holds Barred match,If triple H loses he must retire) Undertaker vs CM Punk

Triple H could very well loose this match, and be forced to retire. He's already the COO of WWE...and he doesn't really wrestle as much anymore...so this could be it for him.

As for Taker and Punk, after what they have Punk doing to William Moody's character (I.E. Paul Bearer) I'd be shocked, if Taker looses. Taker winning, would add some retribution to this rivalry...and it may also help Punk move back to being a face.

As for the WWE title match...if Cena wins, that means, the WWE doesn't care about anything, other than the young fans, obsessed with Cena. If Cena looses, he could always turn heel, blaming the fans, for his loss, and possibly making a new gimmick...I mean, he's been the "hero" for 8 years now...we know he's tough, we know he doesn't back down from a fight...but enough is enough. he's trying too hard, to "be one of us", he needs to be himself...and maybe a loss to the Rock, will help him, in that aspect.

Haven't been watching lately, but what's the scoop on the Intercontinental Championship? Surely there will be a match contested for it at Wrestlemania, right?

Judging by the brewing feud between Wade Barret and The Miz I think it is going to be the two of them fighting for the intercontinental title at Wrestlemania though there isn't anything officially confirmed yet to my knowledge.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, Wrestlemania is Sunday. I'm not terribly excited like I have been for previous Wrestlemanias. I feel like this is a filler WM and that they're gonna go all out for next year's Wrestlemania XXX.

I'm looking forward to CM Punk vs. Undertaker, The Shield vs. Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show, and to seeing Dolph Ziggler cash in his Money in the Bank case on Alberto Del Rio after he retains.

Welp, Wrestlemania is Sunday. I'm not terribly excited like I have been for previous Wrestlemanias. I feel like this is a filler WM and that they're gonna go all out for next year's Wrestlemania XXX.

I'm looking forward to CM Punk vs. Undertaker, The Shield vs. Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show, and to seeing Dolph Ziggler cash in his Money in the Bank case on Alberto Del Rio after he retains.

Agreed. This Wrestlemania just seems terrible. And the final Raw this past Monday was really mediocre. I'm disappointed they didn't go all out on this Mania, because they have so many great talents, but they're being wasted. It's been brought to my attention that Barrett vs Miz is a pre-show match? That's a huge slap in the face to both men, who deserve a spot on the actual card. Yet, Brodus Clay, Tensai, and the Rhodes Scholars are on the actual card? That's not the least bit exciting.

It's a shame they opted to go for TWO rematches of last year's big events, in Rock vs Cena and HHH vs Lesnar. The former was touted as being once in a lifetime, and now they're going to do this again? And probably so Rock can pass the torch to Cena, who doesn't even need the rub.

All in all, this Wrestlemania is a must skip. I'm not going to watch it.

yeah, it's not looking too impressive to say the least...I'm not too happy, with how they've got CM Punk disrespecting William Moody (a.k.a. Paul Bearer) I know it's fake and all...but I still find it's in poor taste.

alot of people said, they'd be done with WWE, if Cena wins the title back, cause that just proves, the WWE only cares about the young children being devoted fans, seeing as they make up the majority of Cena fans.

there's a rumor, that Fandango will be leaving the WWE after Wrestlemania XXIX, when he loses to Chris Jericho...but I can't see that...I mean, he's only fought in house shows, and never had a televised match...to only have him fight one at Wrestlemania, then let him go? that doesn't seem right...

Alright... why didn't I find this earlier? Been a fan of the WWE since I was 5, and 14 years later still enjoy the product, even though it might not be what it used to be.

However, despite the overall predictability there seems to be with the overall WM card, I'm still certain that It'll be fantastic. Definitely looking forward to Punk vs Taker and Brock vs HHH, as well as the tag match and the WHC match.

I think that the Fandango vs Y2J match will be the undercard show stealer though. Johnny Curtis proves that he can wrestle if you watch older videos of the guy. And Jericho, well, that is already know. =P

http://www.pwmania.com/big-plans-for-title-ladder-match-at-wm29-nixed-backstage-news-on-the-rock-vs-john-cena#.UWGTBJOG2So

Am I the only one that thought this would have been a fantastic idea? Would have put both a spotlight on the Intercontinental Title and US title, instead of relegating one without a match and the other to the pre-show.

I am looking forward to WM29 and I really hope Chris Jericho (my favorite wrestler) beats that annoying fandango!

Undertaker I say his streak will end next year at wrestlemania 30 cuz his contract ends next year!

post-13168-0-70456000-1365369191.png

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!!!

• Brohoof 1