Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv MLP Forums WWE Discussion Thread - 2013 to Wrestlemania XXX

Doctor XFizzle

10 users have voted

1. 1. Best WWE debut?

• Chris Jericho
    • Goldberg
    • Rey Mysterio
    • The Radicalz (Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero jumping the barrier)
    • Wyatt Family

When Hogan lost the WWE title, to the Ultimate Warrior, at Wrestlemania VI, do you think he felt that he "let the fans down"?

Though I am a recent fan to wresting a friend of mine did lend me his The History of The Championship DVD set and I did see that match and from the looks of it they both gave everything they had. You do make a good point about Cena's perfectionist never make mistakes attitude and the potential damage it could do to kids by sending them the wrong message. That is one of the reasons why I like Shamus and Kofi Kingston because they are both not only as tough as nails but they never let losses get them down.

(edited)

@Avalionis:

So let me get this straight: The Shield have pretty much destroyed every single 7'/300lb./etc. guy presently in the company, and yet the speed-based technician is the one to make them "deader than Elvis." Alone. Without a weapon.

If Daniel Bryan's a "weak link," then The Great Khali's about to change his finisher to a moonsault.

Edited by Anti-Villain

• 2 weeks later...

okay...so Vicki gets promoted to Smackdown GM...eventually is fired, because the fans hate her...goes to Raw eventually...becomes "acting" GM, and eventually is fired, cause the fans voted her off...then goes back to Smackdown, where Teddy Long and Booker T, are relived of their duties, and Vicki is placed back in charge again...

unless they plan on making her character better, and a fan favorite, history will just repeat itself, cause if I have to hear her screeching "excuse me!" one more time, I'm done. It's bad enough, that John Cena will retain the WWE title, just to "appease and pacify" the little ones, but that Daniel Bryan will most likely make a heel turn, due to the fact that he can never be a true face, with John Cena at the helm.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother, a huge Daniel Bryan fan, was possibly happier than Bryan himself. Then disaster struck. He went from jumping and screaming to dead still to his room crying. And, me being the great brother that I am, laughed the whole time.

My brother, a huge Daniel Bryan fan, was possibly happier than Bryan himself. Then disaster struck. He went from jumping and screaming to dead still to his room crying. And, me being the great brother that I am, laughed the whole time.

I too was rooting for Daniel Bryan but was not surprised when Randy Orton cashed in his Money in The Bank, it was bound to happen at some time and I am also a Randy Orton fan so no crying from me. Orton and Bryan are probably going to have a re match at Night of Champions. It was a good match, my personal favorite match was CM Punk Vs Brock Lesnar it was a bit one sided at first but when Punk got going he really got going. It wasn't enough to slay the beast but it did take a few dirty tricks from Paul Heyman for the beast to feast on the best.

• Brohoof 1

My brother was convinced for about a week or two that Randy Orton would cash in and "ruin everything". I just can't understand why Triple H was on his side. To my knowledge, Triple H and Randy aren't good friends.

Remember when Christian finally won the World Heavyweight Championship after all those years of hard work, only to lose it less than a week later?

Yeah, no wonder he snapped and turned heel, and given Bryan's recent "I AM NOT A WEAK LINK! NO! NO! NO!"-mindset, I won't be surprised if we see something similar.

P.S.- I sympathized with Heel-Christian over Face/Tweener-Orton due to the aforementioned reasons, and I'll probably sympathize with Heel-Bryan over Face/Tweener-Orton as well if I'm right.

My brother was convinced for about a week or two that Randy Orton would cash in and "ruin everything". I just can't understand why Triple H was on his side. To my knowledge, Triple H and Randy aren't good friends.

I think Mr McMahon had something to do with that, he said he didn't want either John Cena or Daniel Bryan to be WWE Champion and what better way to do that than to get in a guest referee which in this case is Triple H to knock out whoever won giving Orton an opportunity to cash in his contract. A dirty trick for sure, but the entire nature of Money of The Bank in general seems to encourage that sort of thing anyway.

P.S.- I sympathized with Heel-Christian over Face/Tweener-Orton due to the aforementioned reasons, and I'll probably sympathize with Heel-Bryan over Face/Tweener-Orton as well if I'm right.

Daniel Bryan has lately been portrayed like a hero or at the very least an anti hero but I could see him either becoming more of a hero by becoming a more and more sympathetic figure or by snapping and going heel. Either way it is likely that the whole "weak link" thing will come back with a vengeance. He will without a doubt have a few words to say to Mr McMahon and Triple H, and there will without a doubt be a feud with Randy Orton as we have been seeing more and more hints about that for the last few months or so. John Cena will probably sympathize with Daniel Bryan and will likely have a few things to say himself.

• Brohoof 1

I was pretty happy that Daniel Bryan beat Cena, but another short lived title reign in the record books where he lost the title to Orton. I actually expected that since when you have the Money in the Bank briefcase in your possession, you get to cash it in anytime, anywhere, and you can use it up to 1 year.

I'm not happy about this. Orton is a horrid wrestler. He's temperamental, unprofessional, uncharismatic and bland. He's John Cena if Cena were lobotomized.  I would've preferred Danielson loose to Cena, then Orton cashes in. Less of a slap in the face to us internet wrestling fans.

I'm hoping at least this leads to an Orton heel turn because I don't see what people like in this guy. He's a creepy stare, a weird pose and one finishing move. That's it. Maybe this also leads to a HHH heel turn, as it has been a while since HHH has portrayed the bad guy and was pretty good at it back then.

What's with good world title runs getting cut short all of a sudden? First Jay Briscoe gets stripped of the ROH world title. Then Chris Sabin looses the TNA world title less than a month after winning it, and now Danielson looses the belt not even 5 minutes after winning it. What does the industry have against current & former ROH wrestlers all being world champs?

I think it's because, many people prefer Orton as a heel more than when he is a face. HHH having a heel turn is pretty pointless since, he isn't wrestling anymore. As for the short world title reigns, the industry doesn't really have anything against Ring of Honor wrestlers as world champions maybe they don't think that they deserve them too early.

Cena is out for a few months, due to surgery, and Bryan is facing Orton at NoC for the WWE title...though the rumor is, he won't win it back, because they prefer to have Bryan as a "hero chasing his dreams", rather than a "hero, fulfilling his dreams".

Ziggler and Punk are back in the midcard level, as both are facing Ambrose and Henning respectively for the U.S. and Intercontinental titles...doesn't make much sense, since both are top card performers, but c'est la vie.

As for Triple H's heel turn? It's suppose to lead to a rivary with Vince becoming a babyface around Wrestlemania XXX

Am I the only one who's absolutely TIRED of The Shield? I mean, they're OP/redundant/repetitive/predictable Karma Houdinis, and they no longer have the charisma they built up against the likes of Ryback and Team Hell No.

I swear, if I see ONE more frigging 3-On-1-Powerbomb...

Daniel Bryan is way too popular to be fired, if he is fired than he will probably be re hired soon after. I like Randy Orton as I kind of have an eye for anti heroes but I think he works much better as the opportunistic in your face "apex predator" than a face. Daniel Bryan has been kicking some serious ass in the ring lately and has been a lot of fun to watch so for that and other reasons I want Daniel Bryan to win at Night Of Champions.

To be honest, I really want Daniel Bryan to win at Night of Champions since Orton is pretty boring. But, I see Triple H screwing Daniel over by having someone attack Daniel backstage.

Daniel Bryan is way too popular to be fired, if he is fired than he will probably be re hired soon after. I like Randy Orton as I kind of have an eye for anti heroes but I think he works much better as the opportunistic in your face "apex predator" than a face. Daniel Bryan has been kicking some serious ass in the ring lately and has been a lot of fun to watch so for that and other reasons I want Daniel Bryan to win at Night Of Champions.

the rumor going around, is that Bryan will not win at NoC...in that the WWE would rather keep him, as a hero always chasing his dreams, but never attaining them. if that happens, then I KNOW for a fact, that they're keeping Orton as champion, until Cena returns, so their resident "Superman" can topple the corporation, believing that the fans would raly behind him once again...fact is...they won't.

Look at Ziggler...ever since he lost the World Title to Del Rio, he's been put on the midcard level...now he's facing Ambrose for the US Title, and I ask why? Ziggler doesn't even NEED to win the US title, and besides, Ambrose will get himself disqualified...for the hundreth time in his career...CM Punk faces Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman in a handicap elimination match. I can see Curtis getting eliminated first, with Lesnar interfering, thus setting up the feud between the Best and the Beast yet again.

RVD facing Del Rio for the World Title? That could go either way...though I feel RVD does deserve the title, I'd still rather see Ziggler retake the title yet again. Big Show and Henry facing the World Tag Team Champions should be interesting...but again like Ambrose, it'll end in a DQ like always.

As for AJ? I'm hoping she wins the Fatal Fourway in a legitimate way...that would solidify herself as a contender...especially after her own "pipebomb" on Raw this past week. She does speak volumes of truth when you think about it. She's really the only decent female wrestler, next to Natalya...I mean, the womens division of wrestling has turned into a cheerleader's pep rally recently, and it's kinda...pitiful. :|

But many wonder why Chavo and Jeff left for TNA...they were constantly put on midcard levels, made into jobbers for jokes of a wrestler...Chavo always losing to Santino...and his career is just a big joke...much like Tons o' Funk is. I honestly think they could be half decent wrestlers...but instead, they're there for comic relief for the kids, and it's just a damn shame really.

Edited by Avalionis

At least we get to see Rob Van Dam vs. Del Rio at Night of Champions, they probably won't let Rob win the world title. As for Daniel Bryan, if Orton wins I don't know what to say.

At least we get to see Rob Van Dam vs. Del Rio at Night of Champions, they probably won't let Rob win the world title. As for Daniel Bryan, if Orton wins I don't know what to say.

that's the rumor right now. they'd rather keep Bryan as the "hero chasing his dreams", rather than having him obtain the title and keeping it for an extended period of time. it's just like Stephanie said, the night after Summerslam in regards to "bad business decision" and much like Ziggler said, in an interview. the WWE picks one person, to back up, and they stick with that person, no matter what.

look at Cena, and how he was the "posterchild" of the WWE for 8 years. no one else, was allowed to be as good a face as he was, and despite the fans hating Cena, the WWE continued to push him and shove his character down our throats. Cena's out of action for roughly 4-6 months, due to surgery, so now it's Orton, that's being paraded around.

Ziggy said, he's got alot of love and respect for Orton, and I do respect his ring skills, but Bryan is talented as well...if he doesn't win at Summerslam, then it may be best for him to go over to TNA...least there, he may get some credit for his skills. Jeff Hardy, and Chavo both went over, and Hardy got the TNA World Heavyweight title multiple times, and Chavo even got more chances to prove his skill as well. Better than being a jobber to a joke of a wrestler, let alone a top tier performer, being forced to compete at the low to mid card level.

@Avalionis- Speaking of which, let's talk about perhaps my BIGGEST issue with WWE's current direction:

IT'S CONSTANTLY ENFORCING THE 'GOOD IS DUMB' TROPE!!!

Nowadays, WWE babyfaces are rarely, if ever, allowed any 'Genre Savvy' tropes (unlike Attitude Era alumni such as Stone Cold Steve Austin), instead being forced to be "brave fools" who CONSTANTLY get gang-raped via MONOTONOUS Shield-style ambushes, because if a WWE babyface EVER decides to go pragmatic, even just for self-defensive purposes, then WWE thinks their younger fans will view him or her as cowardly.

Now, any good self-defense teacher, even one for kids, will actually encourage his or her students to CHEAT LIKE THE WIND for survival if said students are ever outmatched and/or outnumbered by assailants, so if anything, WWE's actually setting a worse example NOW than back in the Attitude Era.

Edited by Anti-Villain