Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv MLP Forums WWE Discussion Thread - 2013 to Wrestlemania XXX

Doctor XFizzle

10 users have voted

1. 1. Best WWE debut?

• Chris Jericho
    • Goldberg
    • Rey Mysterio
    • The Radicalz (Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero jumping the barrier)
    • Wyatt Family

@Avalionis- Speaking of which, let's talk about perhaps my BIGGEST issue with WWE's current direction:

IT'S CONSTANTLY ENFORCING THE 'GOOD IS DUMB' TROPE!!!

Nowadays, WWE babyfaces are rarely, if ever, allowed any 'Genre Savvy' tropes (unlike Attitude Era alumni such as Stone Cold Steve Austin), instead being forced to be "brave fools" who CONSTANTLY get gang-raped via MONOTONOUS Shield-style ambushes, because if a WWE babyface EVER decides to go pragmatic, even just for self-defensive purposes, then WWE thinks their younger fans will view him or her as cowardly.

Now, any good self-defense teacher, even one for kids, will actually encourage his or her students to CHEAT LIKE THE WIND for survival if said students are ever outmatched and/or outnumbered by assailants, so if anything, WWE's actually setting a worse example NOW than back in the Attitude Era.

sadly, the WWE stands by their choices, be they good or bad. just like they've done with backing up Cena for 8 long years...only now, it's Orton's turn. and so long as they've chosen him, Bryan will never get a chance at being WWE champion ever again...and once Cena returns, that'll be it for everyone else. he'll get all the title shots, all the fame, and become the "posterchild" of the WWE again.

there will be a revolution against Triple H...but this will take a long time to perfect the story...right now, you've got Ziggler and Show, who've been pushed around...in the coming weeks, we're likely to see, who else gets pushed around, and whether said person bares his teeth at Evolution 2.0

Edited by Avalionis

@Avalionis- It's actually not title-shot-related disadvantages (THAT'S understandable, as some wrestlers are just more marketable than others, I suppose) so much as seeing each consecutive episode end with THE SAME GUY GETTING BURIED BY THE SAME PEOPLE VIA THE SAME MOVES!!!

Edited by Anti-Villain

yeah, seeing Bryan get plastered with either the triple power bomb, or the RKO week in, and week out, is getting old...but to see him lose at NoC, due to outside interfernce that the ref may or may not even see, would be the ultimate slap in the face.

they say, the storyline is better, than it's ever been, yet the Labor Day ratings for Raw, were at it's lowest since Canada Day, so that's saying quite a bit. they love to see Bryan as the rebel...but to see him, week in, and week out get beaten up by the same guys, losing over and over again? people will eventually just tune over to TNA or watch something else.

and it's the same thing on Smackdown too, so there's no real hope of something exciting happening for the hero in this story...:|

my predictions for NoC though are as follows:

Rob Van Dam vs. Alberto Del Rio©(w)

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton ©(w)

Dolph Ziggler (w-DQ) vs. Dean Ambrose ©

Naomi vs Brie Bella vs Natalya (w) vs AJ Lee ©

CM Punk (w-DQ) vs Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman

I for one, am getting tired, of seeing Ambrose get himself DQ'd, just to retain...when was the last time the Shield even won a match by pinfall?

edit: Daniel Bryan is stripped of the title just 24 hours after winning it back...yeah, if that's not a slap to the face, I don't know what is. :|

edit: so...Shawn Michaels as the special gest ref, costs Bryan the match, by delivering Sweet Chin Music to him, giving Orton the win...yeah, I gotta say, Bryan winning at NoC was a waste of time after all. :| Ziggler was right...the WWE chooses one guy, to represent the company, and good or bad, that's who they stick by for years and years...:|

Edited by Avalionis