Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Melke,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@Denim&Venom,

@@cwhip9,

@,

"You're neither dead nor a lost soul, so you have nothing to worry about from me."

In general when she said that it was more of a reassuring thing than the entire truth, as she normally was something to worry about quite a bit. However right now she felt too drained for any shenanigans like that, and she wasn't arrogant enough to think that a tired her was stronger than a battle-scarred stallion such as Reinus. If she had been, she would have perished a long, long time ago rather than now stand in a forest surrounded by quite the circus of different species.

She watched what he did to weigh down Seamore with an amused look in her eyes, finding the simplicity of this solution somewhat entertaining, and then let her eyes wander to what else he was doing, all the way to him standing at the tree. It didn't look as if something special was happening with that for now, and the horned bunny was still fumbling towards the other side of the wood without being in range to be stomped upon, so with that in mind she might as well just stand here for a bit and observe some more. Which was also a good excuse for simple standing still and trying to save her remaining energy.

@@ThatBlazingPony,

"Good evening ma'am. I just heard some disturbances and came to check up on before you came out in your uhm... Whatever this is."

He looked at the off construction with a raised eyebrow, not getting much more than it was supposed to be some sort of transport by the looks of things. Perhaps he was getting too old or had been at the castle for too long, but this just seemed very odd and rather alien to him.

"Just got transferred to the town so I aren't aware of what is and isn't regular around here yet, so I wanted to make sure there wasn't any attacks going on, though considering this thing I take it that the ruckus was from tinkering about with this?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Bloom

"This is what I call a bus, specifically a Wrightbus Streetlite CN12." She says with pride in her eyes. "And yes, you are correct in assuming that the noise was from me tinkering with it. Let me show you what was wrong with it." She walks around to the back of the bus and opens up the hatch that allows her to access the propulsion system. "This is what I like to call a hydrogen fuelled internal combustion engine. It runs off water that is heated to produce hydrogen and the engine runs off of that." She then points to the belt she replaced. "This belt allows the engine to drive the rear wheels." She says, gesturing to them. "The belts that I had before this one all seemed to come loose after a few seconds of running the engine. As you can see, this belt has not come loose, meaning that it is a tighter fit around the gears, allowing the bus to be driven for more than a few seconds." She then closes the hatch with a click. "I can't help but notice that my creation seems rather alien to you, right? So I asume you would like a further explanation as to what it is, yes?"

@Melke@Seamore Sandwich@cwhip9@Blitz Boom, @Magos Amphrose

Priestess used her paw to pull some strips of paper out from her bushy tail. She them proceeded to place her tail tip in her mouth and move it around until it was a condensed, saliva coated wick. "I'm gonna borrow this for a sec, kay?" She pressed the base of her jawbone into the edge of Crescents blade. Then, swiped her head tot he side, cutting herself against it. A smear of blood coated the entire length of the blade. 

She wiped her tail tip over the wound a few times, coating it in fresh blood, which she then proceeded to wipe onto the paper, applying in crisscrossing marks, glyphs. All the while she began a low murmuring.

"Hitotsu no unmei, hitotsu no jōshō, hitotsu no sora..." 

When she finished with the first of her talismans, she used her other paw to take out a small pouch. Using her mouth, she undid the strings and poured out small traces of a glistening black powder onto the talisman. Anypony with a magical sense would notice it, feeling it like being in a warm room, and then feeling snowflakes grace them.  Priestess blew off the excess, and continued her murmuring. 

"hitotsu no hinshu, hitotsu no itami, ippō no hikari"

She then licked the back of the talisman, and using her tail, swiftly stick the parchment onto Briar's forehead.  He would feel a numbing sensation, almost like everything inside slow down and halt. All sensation would cease, including the nauseating effects of the chaos, the pain of the acid, as well as any other tactile senses.  He would feel nothing. "That should seal away things temporarily, but it'll be a few days of repeated purification procedures to rid you-" she looked around to the floating lumberjack, the Katana dragging Jackalope, the pool noodle wielding hunter, and she presumed the cat as well "...and everybody else around here of defilement."  

She then turned to Crescent and eyed his now bloody blade. "You can finish that off if you like. I've been told by other Nocturnes that it tastes like salsa." 

Edited by Denim&Venom

@@Denim&Venom

@@Blitz Boom

@@cwhip9

@@P-Jay

@@Melke

@

Seamore wandered away from the others, stuck his head behind a tree, and lost his s'mores.

Meanwhile, Renius swung his hatchet at the magical tree, which responded by zapping him. It wasn't enough of a jolt to knock him off his hooves but it did hurt. Seamore, after hearing the loud 'ZAP!' pulled his head out from behind the tree for a moment to say,"use...the saw," before putting his head back to where the others couldn't see. Sea's saw was on the ground near where Renius was standing

• Brohoof 1

Priestess used her paw to pull some strips of paper out from her bushy tail. She them proceeded to place her tail tip in her mouth and move it around until it was a condensed, saliva coated wick. "I'm gonna borrow this for a sec, kay?" She pressed the base of her jawbone into the edge of Crescents blade. Then, swiped her head tot he side, cutting herself against it. A smear of blood coated the entire length of the blade. 

She wiped her tail tip over the wound a few times, coating it in fresh blood, which she then proceeded to wipe onto the paper, applying in crisscrossing marks, glyphs. All the while she began a low murmuring.

"Hitotsu no unmei, hitotsu no jōshō, hitotsu no sora..." 

When she finished with the first of her talismans, she used her other paw to take out a small pouch. Using her mouth, she undid the strings and poured out small traces of a glistening black powder onto the talisman. Anypony with a magical sense would notice it, feeling it like being in a warm room, and then feeling snowflakes grace them.  Priestess blew off the excess, and continued her murmuring. 

"hitotsu no hinshu, hitotsu no itami, ippō no hikari"

She then licked the back of the talisman, and using her tail, swiftly stick the parchment onto Briar's forehead.  He would feel a numbing sensation, almost like everything inside slow down and halt. All sensation would cease, including the nauseating effects of the chaos, the pain of the acid, as well as any other tactile senses.  He would feel nothing. "That should seal away things temporarily, but it'll be a few days of repeated purification procedures to rid you-" she looked around to the floating lumberjack, the Katana dragging Jackalope, the pool noodle wielding hunter, and she presumed the cat as well "...and everybody else around here of defilement."  

She then turned to Crescent and eyed his now bloody blade. "You can finish that off if you like. I've been told by other Nocturnes that it tastes like salsa." 

After seeing what priestess did to the party he let the fox go backing off, this was the blood beat that stalked them before into the battle, must have had something to do with the 2nd spider, and now healed the party around him while using her blood magic...cresent looked back at his gauntlet looking at her blood on the blade.

"just one question" asked the bat pony felling bad for his outburst but there was still-

"why didn't you revel yourself before when I herd you back at the fire place, did we scare you that much or was there something more. One dosent hide themselves that well, follows a party into battle and not want something out of it for themselves if your healing matches your stelth powers" he said now looking up at her still tense expecting something to go down still

@@Seamore Sandwich

@@Blitz Boom

@@Denim&Venom

@@cwhip9,

@

Syo just sat behind the tree, watching in horror as her fur slowly fall off from her skin. Before long, she was as bald and looking very particular. Her key staff has lost its golden shine and became silver and the orb on the top seemed to have turned to stone. Chaos poison jammed her magic, she is now a semi-bald cat with goggles.

What... why is this happening..? ... now I can't even go home....

Syo was still trying to come to terms with her situation when someone tried to hack the tree she was hiding behind and the sudden thunder and zap made her jump and she shot up to her legs and landed on her tummy with her face down on the mud.

"NYAA!!! You scared the living daylights out of me!" Syo screamed out but unknown to her, what ponies or anyone around her who can't understand cat language can only hear meowing. Syo slowly get up but then she got a glimpse of her missing fur spots and then she quickly went to find leaves to cover up.

Maybe I should bring clothes next time...

• Brohoof 1

As Gold got off the train, he took a moment to adjust his hat. Upon exiting the train station he spots a oddly large vechicle or rather a bus just down the road from him. Curiousity took hold as he began walking towards said bus with interest. "Hmm what this that thing?" I see the large wheel and glass windows. It looked simplare to a stage cout only no one was pulling it.

Edited by BlinkZ

@BlinkZ

Wildfire notices another pony walking towards her bus. 'Another one!?' She thinks to herself. 'URGH!!' She leans agains the side of the bus, crossing her hooves over. She sighs as she watches the pony walk towards her and her bus. She ruffles her wings, waiting.

Gold noticed the pegigus by the contrapion and checks his watch. After making sure he had time for a deour he approuched he starnge vechicle 'Um hello miss." He waves at the pegisus hoping i wasn't disrubing her confsidering the experssion on her face. (sorry if i derp between first and third person)

(It's ok.)

@BlinkZ

"Hey." She says, a smug look on her face. "What brings you to Poyville? I saw you come out of the train station." She shifts her pose so she isn't leaning against the bus. She then trots into the bus and leans against one of the doors, the smug look still on her face.

"mostly just visiting realiives," he notes, "I just coudln' help but notice your vechicle here" he looks at more rubbing his chin, ? "Do you use magic infused cyrstals at all. Ambien magic is abundant almos everwhere." They use such magical tech back in his home town in the mines

Angel looked at Dax with a big smile. "So you're not a unicorn but you can do magic anyway? That's so cool! I bet you find all sorts of cool stuff all of the time!" Angel started walking back towards ponyville, they could see a couple of buildings off in the distance. "Well even if you don't know exactly where you're going at least you have the general idea. Some of the other fillies my age already have theirs, I have no idea where to start with mine. Maybe it'll just show up and tell me what I'm supposed to be good at for the rest of forever." 

Edited by Fire Lily

@BlinkZ

"It is powered by hydrogen," She says, "and is fueled by water which is heated to make the hydrogen." She shifts her weight around. "I don't use any magic at all, even for the stuff inside and the doors. It's all powered by electricity."

Her stomach grumbles. "Sorry 'bout that." She says, an embaresed look on her face. "I've stayed up all night tinkering with it that I haven't had anything to eat." She then steps out from the bus. "I'll be back in a bit." She then takes off into the sky, heading to the local restaurant.

@@Melke@@Seamore Sandwich@@Denim&Venom@@cwhip9@@Blitz Boom,

"Graah!" yelped Renius as he leaped backwards, apparently startling the bald... cat?... that was behind the tree. Grumbling to himself, he put away his axe and grabbed the saw, trying to ignore his forehooves going numb. The cat said something about being... surprised? Scared... daylights? He got the context of it, but he couldn't understand much specifically outside of that little bit. Maybe it was another case of his odd heritage showing through. Either way, he shrugged slightly and bowed his apologies, not risking saying something he didn't really understand in... Cattish. And never share that term with another cat, he commented to himself.

With that, he positioned himself with the saw and started to cut. There wasn't any more electricity, but he felt a tickling in his hooves. Does that mean... ugh, magic. He switched hooves and continued, quickly feeling himself start to tire out as the adrenaline rush from the fight finally started to die down. Roughly halfway through, he was going on pure willpower, and he would have to rest after this. Just as he was thinking how good a bit of his jerky might be, he tasted something odd and fruity- something he'd never tasted before. It had a sweet, tangy flavor to it, but he couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Was this a strawberry? If so, what was causing... Damn tree. The stallion told me to whistle or hum some sort of song...? Well, I guess it doesn't matter. Prepare yourself, tree, for a song!

He quietly began humming a few bars of the song to himself, hoping the sweet flavor would leave it mouth- it was getting old fast. Picking the first song he knew off the top of his head, he started humming.

• Brohoof 2

@@ThatBlazingPony,

@@BlinkZ,

Stargazer had been about to respond about wanting to know more when the other pony had suddenly shown, apparently also drawn in by this *bus*, as its creator called it. It did surprise him to see somepony getting off the train at this time of the night though. it might be that it just seemed darker here in Ponyville than in Canterlot, but he had thought that beyond the few late night eating establishments, a bar perhaps and ponies who throved after the sun had gone down, there wouldn't happen much.

He was in the process of greeting the new pony, but then the two youngsters started to have a good chat amongst themselves and it became hard to get it a word in whilst still trying to soak in what the bus' owner were speaking about, so he had kept it to the rising of a ghoof in greeting, and then try to find any sense in the inventor's speak about hydrogen and the like.

He was a simple pony and things such as this was over his head. Which seemed like wasn't the only thing over his head as the pony seemed to grow hungry, flew up and took off towards the inner parts of the town for a place that was still open.

"Well... I guess I better stay and guard this tincan then until she comes back so it isn't dragged off."

Looking over at the pony that had wandered off the late bus he cleared his throat, figuring he might as well get this done when he had the chance.

"Name's Stargazer, sir. Newly appointed guard in Ponyville. I can handle this if you want to run off and join her in tracking down some eatery - which you might have a use for if the drive was too long - but if you decide to stick around could you tell me something?

What the hay is hydrogen?"

@@Melke,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@Denim&Venom,

@@cwhip9,

@,

"Aaawh, what a cute kitty."

Blitz had more or less ignored the other ones as she had started to gather in leaves around the place. The trees were rather big here and she wasn't that good at climbing, so that there were a lot of these leaves that looked fresh and almost shiny on the forest bed was an awesome thing that she wasn't just gonna ignore.

She had gathered a stack about the size of herself, not thinking on how she was going to get it back yet, when she had wandered a little away to see if she could find some more that looked really fresh and had run into a bald cat with goggles. She felt bad for the poor little thing to have lost it's fur that seemed to lay about, but it was still a pretty little cat after all, and the goggles fitted it well. Though she did wonder what was with the funny looking stick that it had too. Perhaps a cat toy?

While Blitz looked down upon the cat, Last stopped up, raised herself on her hind legs and cursed a little again before going back to her katana instead of anywhere near the filly again. The cursing was in bunny speak, which she didn't know if anyone could understand and frankly didn't care much about either.

Just because she spoke bunny though, didn't mean that she had any idea what the meowing meant, even if she could hear it. She might look like a small animal that would know that sort, but looks were deceiving, and she had as easy a time understanding Syo's current tongue as she would have understanding what rocks said. Which was no clue at all basically.

Much like before, Last trying to move the katana wouldn't really get her anywhere. It was too heavy for this weak body, and though she was still gonna try, it would essentially. be as pointless as hitting a lake.

@Blitz Boom

@BlinkZ

Wildfire comes back after a couple of minutes, a bowl of hay-fries in her hoof. "Sorry 'bout that." She says to the bat-pony. "I was up all day tinkering with this, and so I never had the chance to eat anything." She shovels some hay-fries into her mouth. "So I just had to go and get myself something to eat before I starve."

"Okay, that's just gonna keep bugging me for the rest of the trip. If your not gonna finish that off, I will." Priestess stuck her tongue out onto Crescents blade. She held that pose for a moment, before slowly, very slowly, dragging her tongue along the length of Crescent's blade, licking up the blood she smeared on there. She took as long as possible with this, the only sound being uddered was that of tongue dragging along steel.  And as inevitable ad it was, she reached the tip, and finally pulled her tongue back in. "Lost your chance. Now, what were you saying?" 

@@Denim&Venom

@@Blitz Boom

@@cwhip9

@@P-Jay

@@Melke

@

Seamore heard Renius humming a happy tune. Oh no he thought to himself as he pulled his head out from behind the tree to see the that the one Renius was cutting had started to glow brighter. "GET BACK!!!" he yelled.

The tree exploded, and a bluish whisp flew with the explosion into Briar. Briar stumbled for a moment, then, in a new voice he says, "Huh. This is new. New sensations, feeling from the front. I have a front now!" Sniffing deeply 'Briar' says, "Wow, that makes me feel it more! What's this? And am I making...NOISES? I believe they call it talking...This is amazing!!!" The plant creature was wandering about, looking like he was relearning how to walk. He definitely seemed to be excited about everything, like it was all new to him. He had his eyelids open, which may look kind of creepy to the others.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

Gold Rush blinked and looked at the bus for a second before rotting off to Sugercube Corner hoping to get a quick snack himselof. The rip had left him creazy some good old fashioned icecream with choclate sause and abanna. the htough alone making him water at the mouth slighy.

@Blitz Boom

@BlinkZ

Wildfire comes back after a couple of minutes, a bowl of hay-fries in her hoof. "Sorry 'bout that." She says to the bat-pony. "I was up all day tinkering with this, and so I never had the chance to eat anything." She shovels some hay-fries into her mouth. "So I just had to go and get myself something to eat before I starve."

Gold offers Wildfire to join him

Edited by BlinkZ

"Okay, that's just gonna keep bugging me for the rest of the trip. If your not gonna finish that off, I will." Priestess stuck her tongue out onto Crescents blade. She held that pose for a moment, before slowly, very slowly, dragging her tongue along the length of Crescent's blade, licking up the blood she smeared on there. She took as long as possible with this, the only sound being uddered was that of tongue dragging along steel.  And as inevitable ad it was, she reached the tip, and finally pulled her tongue back in. "Lost your chance. Now, what were you saying?" 

Cresent pulled the gauntlet back half in wonder and half in, well being odded out, him seeing a lot in his life that's saying...then again it was tuseday for him so he gave up what was considered normal in the nights events. He looked at the fox, "the fire, I herd your blood, why were you" cresent was cut off tho by

The tree exploded, and a bluish whisp flew with the explosion into Briar. Briar stumbled for a moment, then, in a new voice he says, "Huh. This is new. New sensations, feeling from the front. I have a front now!" Sniffing deeply 'Briar' says, "Wow, that makes me feel it more! What's this? And am I making...NOISES? I believe they call it talking...This is amazing!!!" The plant creature was wandering about, looking like he was relearning how to walk. He definitely seemed to be excited about everything, like it was all new to him.

Cresent was blown over by the explosion slamming him into an near by tree knocking him out

Edited by cwhip9

@@Melke,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@Denim&Venom,

@@cwhip9,

@,

"Ehehehe, that was fun. Do it again!"

Blitz had been near enough to tree so that the explosion had knocked her over and made her roll backwards a few times before she sat still on the ground with an increasing grin going over her face and joy in her voice.

Sure, it might not have been her explosion, and the blast had sorta opened the bag she had next to the pile of leaves she had found so far (now spread a bit more around from the shockwave) to show the fun toys she had brought and made her want to do something like this herself, but what did it matter? There had been an explosion! And a strong one too it looked like.

Although now that she looked around and saw the batpony that had been thrown into a tree... The smile vanished from her face as she got up and wandered over to him.

"Uhm mister? Are you okay?"

Vivid were a little more torn on what to do than that, On one hoof, she could go over and try to find out what was with the feeling that a soul had wandered around them just a second before, and if it had something to do with the odd ways that Briar was acting now, or if she should find out what happened to the pony that had been at ground zero.

...Yeah, one of them could wait, another could not, so she began to walk, aiming for Reinus whilst half-mumbling to herself.

"If he's dead, this is gonna become awkward."

Last looked up with a ringing in her ears after the explosion and looked a little woozy as she started to look around and attempt to get the world to stop spinning again.

The sensitive hearing the large ears had given her made things like the explosion rather painful, and since she had both not been prepared for it and frankly far too close to it, she had now gotten a lovely test of the balance issues that happened when the inner ear got a strong enough soundwave hammering against it. Not strong enough to tear her eardrums apart (thankfully) but still, not cool.

A few words filtered through eventually from the possessed Briar, and the world stopped spinning right about the time that he was facing in the general direction of her, and saw the open eyelids of the sharp-toothed Evergrown. It was a bit of a creepy sight, but not because there was any sockets or anything behind it. No, what was the slightly off-putting sight was there there were nothing but a straight surface, as if the forehead just continued down there and the eyelids were glued on as an afterthought.

Blind ponies were one thing, but something that looked like it had never meant to see, yet still carry the trace of something that would normally have, was something else.

@@ThatBlazingPony,

@@BlinkZ,

"No worries ma'am. It's better than faint from hunger, and it wasn't long after all."

It was rather quickly to be honest. Did Ponyville really have this sort of fast food service that'd allow that? He really should have a better look around after he was done with his current prisoner tomorrow to try and get a layout of this town, and what was going on in the late hours.

He would admit though, that it was a good thing that there was something going on late like this in any case. His kind tended to be more active during the night time, and knowing that there was some activity, as well as a place to grab something to eat in case he had not the time to shop would make the transition easier.

He was about to say more on that before the pony that had stayed behind with him asked Wildfire if she would go for something else to eat as well. Desert from the sound of it for her, and a snack to him perhaps after the ride.

"Sugarcube Corner is the bakery, yes? If it is still open this time of the night I can't imagine that it is for much longer, so if you have a want to go there I'd say you should hurry. I can watch the tinc- Bus, if it is."

It might be that the owner of this thing would not trust anypony to watch over things like this, but still, he was a guard. If you couldn't trust authority in this town then who could you trust?

"Though mind if I ask first, what the hay is Hydrogen? Some kind of water magic?"

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"Sorry, but I tust no-pony with my creations." She says, stepping onto the bus, yet another mouthful of hayfries in her mouth. "I have my hayfries, so I'm set for food. I can always take you two to Sugarcube Corner in this." She opens the drivers compartment and sits on the seat, turning the key to start the engine. "And Hydrogen is what I call the gas that is formed when you heat water to high temperatures. I use it to power the engine in this."

Uh didn' realize it was NIGHT, at first ugh sorry)

Gold let out a yawn "I guess it is pretty late, Luckly I can just go over to my uncles place for the night if need be," he adjusted his hat once more staring a his watch in the glow of the bus's headlights. Hearing an offer to go inside, he shrugged once more and climbs in to warm up "Mmm its' very cozy in here thanks." He took a seat on one of he seats sighing a bi.

Priestess felt the buzz in the air. She could feel it, coming in the air tonight. Oh lord. And working as an on again, off again pyrotechnician/demolitionist, she knew an explosion was imminent. Plus the fact that somepony shouted "Get back!"

So she ducked and covered her large ears. And not a second after she hit the ground-

She felt the shockwave hit her, causing her to skid along the ground and a few pieces of timber to strike her. She lay still for a few moments more, as dirt, debris, & splinters fell from the sky. When she was confident that the blast was over, she stood herself up shook all the dust and debris off herself as any canine would, and proceeded to walk to back where she was standing. 

"Geeze. Do these trees have nitroglycerin for sap?" *cough cough* as she choked a little on the ash filled air, tasting sawdust and strawberry jam. "Hey Lumberjack pony! Out of curiosity, are these trees radioactive? I mean I'll find a way though it, but you think chaos afflictions are bad, wait till you get fallout poisoning." "Hey wait, wasn't he standing at ground zero of the blast?"

Yes, if she recalled, Seamore was standing behind the tree, eye patch guy what's his face was also around the same area. "Welp, better go check on 'em both." She pranced over to the blast center. "Hey, if anypony's dead, sound off!"

She then sensed something else in the air. A certain presence. "Tamashī? Doesn't feel like one of us, and I sensed it just after that tree went all Mythbuckers on us, so it can't be coincidence. A dryad perhaps? Have to go and see, if I don't have any casualties on my paws first." 

• Brohoof 1

@@Melke@@Seamore Sandwich@@Denim&Venom@@cwhip9@@Blitz Boom,

Thanks to the warning of Seamore, Renius was able to get out of the initial blast radius, but was still close enough where he still managed to get a few burns and a chest full of splinters- as well as being thrown for quite a bit, colliding with another tree, where he fell to the ground, head buried in the dirt. He muttered not-so-filly-friendly things as the pain swept through his body, laying like this for at least about thirty seconds before he heard hoofsteps approaching. "Bmmck tmmh dmmh mmmgmck." He muttered under his breath, face to the ground, before he got to his hooves slowly, his sense of balance knocked sideways from being so close to the pressure wave. "Did anyone die?" he said, scowling as he looked at his chest. His well-padded clothing protected him from most of the splinters except for the largest ones, and they didn't go more than half a centimeter into his chest. Pulling them out while wincing slightly from the spike of pain, he turned to Vivid. "Were you aware that these trees were explosive? And, if so, is there a reason you didn't tell me?"