Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom 

"Elder Ghilan is more amicable to meeting with outsiders unlike our villages' past elders, and I'm sure he'll welcome you warmly. He's very much one to look forward to learning as much as he can about the lands outside our forest home." 

That thought alone got Lin ecstatic; even she couldn't hold her excitement given how there is little in the way before she bursts in joy. As much as Ghilan wants to find out more about what goes on outside of the forest, there was a part of him that still had some reservations. Still, it is more or less chalked up to fear of the unknown. A fear that can be assuaged and lessened when he is more educated. And speaking of education, it might not say much but if it did ever come to a point where he'd be meeting with the equivalent heads of state of various lands in Equestria, he might be a little more out of his league. Longma education doesn't count for much and he might come off as being a little... dim, compared to others that is. He wouldn't be too concerned about that though. What could be learned will be learned in good time. 

But as the group wandered on, it seemed that Lin's enthusiasm is quickly dashed away with a somber sight. An abandoned settlement of sorts, overgrown and dilapidated from disuse. Nature seems to be reclaiming this place called Ormenthal. And a better question yet: what could've caused all of this?

Lin shuddered at the sight, "Wonder what happened here... So much destruction. Whatever did this must have been big. Anyone have a guess?"

"Do you really want to know?" Sen darted eyes towards Lin, showing the same kind of worried look she had on her. Normally, this might pique his interest, but there was an odd feeling this might be an exception. He doesn't know what; it was just a gut feeling. "Something tells me we're better off not knowing that. I'd be terrified about what could've destroyed this place."

Perhaps that gave Lin pause and convinced her to move along. "Right... we should get moving then. Sooner we get to that fishing village, the better." 

=================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji @Seamore Sandwich

"Well, there's being encouraging instead of critical, especially with my shortcomings. And worrying less about things out of my control. Maybe even bullying myself less? Like putting myself down for something because I set my expectations too high? I'm saying things off the top of my head but it sounds like a lot of these is achievable by being more self-conscious. It sounds like I am being my worst enemy." 

And for the most part, Fluttershy says true about this being a conscious effort on her part. Everything else would fall into being able to carry that positive image when confronting problems. Well, it would be easy if she weren't thinking about how many ways the situation could go wrong. It was something she always had a problem with, all the way back to flight camp. Being picked on because she was a weak flier was the center of it, but now it didn't seem to matter. She didn't use her wings often for strength. Just being able to lift herself off the ground and flutter about is already enough and living in Ponyville for so long got her acquainted with a lifestyle that didn't necessitate the use of her wings aside from helping little birds up when they've fallen out of their nests or tending to the needs of flying animals. 

"Are there any suggestions you can offer, Twilight? To help me develop a positive self-image? That's what Nerzhei and I want to work on and maybe you might have a thing or two in mind?"

Back to Angel, there was much to talk about with regards to Twilight. Sure, the title is very tacky and a little too silly to be taken seriously, but she can hold her own against some powerful foes. There was one that stood out, something that even the little bunny could respect. 

"Twilight is tough when she needs to be. She took on Tirek when she had the magic of three other alicorns given to her and that fight ended in a draw! But for the most part, she doesn't want to get into a fight and prefers to talk. As far as I know, Ember is the only dragon from the dragon lands whom Twilight has befriended. Also, don't try to beat anything out of Spike. He's like a little brother to Twilight so I assume you can guess what happens when you threaten her family."

"As for your questions with Fluttershy, she helps out Twilight whenever she can. She's good with animals. You could say I found her when I wandered out of the thicket near the Everfree Forest. She was nice for the most part but I thought I could take advantage of her. Too kind and too naive, but I guess her warmth and kindness won me over. I still try to get my way with her but I figured she needed help being assertive and tough. It's why I stayed." 

@Blitz Boom

Well, at least he was able to get one of the sisters to put enjoy faith in him for a cup of coffee.  And of course, the other sister was soon looking over his shoulder, watching him like a hawk for anything he might do.  To be honest though, it was a little heart warming how much Null called for her younger sister, even if it was built upon a toxic un-trusting personality.  She could watch all she wants though.  Dusk's hooves worked the coffee machine with a couple of lever pulls and placing a paper cup under the spout.  One lever was used to dilute the coffee to make it a little less strong, as Void had requested.  With Null's proximity to him, he felt it saver not to use his magic to deliver Void's cup.  Spilling hot coffee on her would ruin any bit of credibility he had with the two.  Once the first cup had been filled with the dark roast coffee, he picked it up with his hoof and walked it a short distance to the table they were working at.  Returning to the coffee area, he gathered up some creamer and a small sugar bowl to bring back to fix her coffee up how she liked.

Leaving Void to her coffee, he went back to start making his own cup of coffee.  At this point is when he started to listen to Null break down the purpose of the sacrifice and how the two sisters ranked the cursed items they collected.  It wasn't a bad rating system by any means and quite reasonable.  A rating system based on how a pony could keep themselves from being affected by the item.  Dusk's own system was based on just how he saw magic itself, thus rating an item on how complex it's spell work is.  Of course though, he had to address the growing shadow in the room.  Why did the Princess allow these items to cross into their country?  Some of these sounded like near Doom's Day curses.  The world as a whole had so many dark corners in it.  So much so that it was hard to see from inside their mostly world of light.  Dusk could panic here, get angry or demand the sisters depart Equestria immediately... That wouldn't service anypony or be who he is.  While he did feel his heart skip a beat, his calm composure didn't budge while his mind race.

Setting the coffee machine to make his coffee on the stronger side, he poured his own cup and returned to his stool at the table.  Resting the cup between his hooves, he softly blew on the hot strong roast.  Letting his mind wander, tracing through his memory like reading a book.  Looking for solutions, ideas to work around at getting to these more dangerous items.  This wouldn't be solved in a day though.  Or week, or maybe even month.  The amount of focus to deal with these types of items was too much for the colt to take all at once.  He couldn't brute force these items, it was too dangerous.  If the rest were anymore or as complex as the first two, they required a more surgical approach.

Rising Dusk concluded he needed to see the spell work of the next item.  He needed more data.  "For the next item that requires a sacrifice...," he started while blowing on his coffee again.  "I need to see the spell that affects it..." blows again.  "I'll create a barrier to keep us save long enough for me to see the spell away from your nullifying field.  Once I've seen it, you can take it back to safety.  This way I'll have more time to analyze the spell and not have to make up the Dispel as I go.  Does that work for you?" he inquired, feeling this was the best route to go if these items were as dangerous as Null said they were.

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I dunno. I've never tried to go full force on anything.

Biggest thing I've done is making a seed that turned a huge desert south of Equestria into a jungle zone, with a giant tree in the middle that spawns plant ponies. Plus it turned all that were there already into plant ponies. Oh, I also rose an island from the sea and make all sorts of crazy things there, but it'd not all that big, so that's not as impressive.

It's like... I Was the Spirit of Destruction, but I'm not good at destroying things now. I can smash it, eat it, make something that destroy it, but I can't really do it myself. I make things grow, evolve, and mutate like there's no tomorrow though.

So not sure how to judge that. What level are we on if I made an airborne virus that would mutate all living creatures it encountered? Pretty sure I could do that."

And this is why I'm happy she's not in my world anymore.

"Hey! Just because I can doesn't mean I would. It's mean.

Ear evolution I dunno about. Could take from the creative side, or work with the bits of destruction I sometimes feel tingling around, mutations, mind rot, insatiable hunger, all that sorta thing. Guess we'll have to find it to know.

It might share my weaknesses though? So... Get some silver or pure iron, then keep it waaaaaaaaaaaay over there, far from me."

===============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Moonlit

On 11/11/2018 at 8:15 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You didn't make me uncomfortable, it's just that..." "...I don't know yet what to think about you, it's nothing personal, I just don't really know who to trust at the moment."

"It's okay, you're not the first one who doesn't think they can trust me."

Cherish felt a little better after the siren at least said that it was a trust issue, and not just something against her because she were dead. It was a nice change of pace.

On 11/11/2018 at 9:07 PM, Moonlit said:

"She was injured when we explored the old ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters."

The upwards trend lasted until this tidbit came out, and Cherish's mood and form darkened substantially. As she spoke, her voice became somewhat hollow too, and her mane slumped down to cover her eyes, which were now pointed towards the ground, as her head had slumped downwards.

"She got hurt because of me. It was my fault... I lost control."

"Hey, don't take it so heavy. She sounds like she's alright now, so you know, chin up and just apologize when you see her the next time."

Berry had let the folks talk by themselves while she just listened in, but things were starting to become a little wonky here, so she figured she might as well take a stab at calming down the ghost. Considering she were starting to see small rocks, leaves and such swirl slowly around the specter, it seemed like it were a good idea anyway.

"...I guess you're right. I just hope she can forgive me."

Things calmed down again, though Cherish still looked a little down currently.

"Perhaps we should get going, before we start growing roots. Lead the way Serenade."

=====================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

How tempting it were to remind Ruby that there were other ways to hurt a dragon than to attempt getting through their scales. Personally, he liked grabbing their tails and smashing them into things. They never seemed to anticipate them, and it generally worked better than cracking his talons on their tough scales.

However, they had their fun for now. It was time to get outside, where Spicy stood waiting for them with a grin on her muzzle and waggling eyebrows.

"You two crazy kids done with your *talking*?"

"Really, must you go to such lows? We were merely working."

"Heh, I know that, but that doesn't mean I'll stop poking fun at you. Anyway, load the slab into the wagon and strap yourself in. We got a ways to go."

"Always delighted to be your gracious pack mule."

"Really is a privilege that some would kill for, right?"

The sarcasm were rolling off from Marley thickly near the end, as he wandered past the mare and began loading up the stone slab. Seeing as this would add too much weight to the cart for a pegasus to carry, he'd then have to adjust the front so that he could get strapped in and get them on their way. It was tragic how weak ponies were, soon as they had wings. Truly a shame.

"So, anything else you caught up on down there Ruby, or are we clear to go?"

=========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"It's likely for the best that we don't know, considering this places histor-"

"Smells strange."

Omen wandered away from the group, and went over to sniff a few things, curious as to what had happened here, and trying to see if it were something that she could trace. It would have to be fairly recent though to gain her any trace of a living being, so she didn't have much luck there. Yet something still were there. Like a strange layer that coated a few things here and there.

"Smells like tar tastes."

"Omen, get back here please. You shouldn't wander around in a place like this. It's not safe."

Omen looked around her, but still didn't see anypony around.

"Nopony here."

Rosa let out a sigh and went over to physically guide Omen back with her, which she thankfully agreed to without a struggle. It would not have looked well for him to drag her along like an unruly puppy on a leash.

"I mean it isn't safe because whatever happened here might still linger, and considering what you smelled, I am somewhat positive that I'm right in dark magic having destroyed this town. In what shape or form I don't know, and honestly, I think it is better for us all if we never find out.

You need to know that this place were founded by settlers from Harrowmark. A land mostly populated by farmers and witches, be they good or bad. What happened here, even if I have no concrete proof, might well be the result of them allowing a dark witch in disguise to join them, or by somepony among them finding some books of the trades from back home. Either way, it isn't worth the risk, and I ask that none of you touches anything."

He had never been there himself, but Rosa knew some of the dangers that came from Harrowmark through some things told to him by one of his former teachers. A pretty dark tale that had mainly served as a reminder that no matter how confident you might be in your own skills, and how easy you thought you got away with your infiltration work, there was always a risk that you had set off a trap that alerted the wrong kind of being to your presence. He never gave too many details on what had happened, but you could always see in his eyes that whatever it were, it had not been pleasant.

Omen seemed to understand enough of what he said to get his point about not touching anything, because of magic. A very simplistic way of putting it, but long as it worked, he cared not.

There wouldn't be an issue from this place as long as they didn't start rummaging around, and they should soon be leaving it again, and setting course towards the far more decaying ruins of the old fishing village that housed the temple they had been travelling towards. They had about 30 hours left on the clock at the time they would reach it, which would hopefully be enough, though it all depended on how much difficulty they'd have in gaining the statue out.

They'd find out within the next hour or so, when they reached the place.

=======================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

On 11/12/2018 at 2:50 PM, Dji said:

“I can’t help but notice you’re rearranging the books,” she added slowly, looking at Nerzhei.

Nerzhei were surprised to hear the princess speak again all of a sudden. A small space of lucidity in her unfocused state it seemed, and part of it were to mention how the dragon had rearranged some books? Truly a researcher in her own right it seemed, or a collector who was nitpicky about who touched their collection. Either way, the response from the dragon would be the same.

"When I arrived, there were several books just laying around, and then suddenly a substantial amount more appeared out of nowhere, and spread on the floor, knocking even more things off the shelves. You should be thrilled that I'm a scholar before a dragon, or I wouldn't have gathered and rearranged them to make the shelves fit, but instead taken the easy route and set them on fire.

When eventually your attention comes back more solidly, I also have a book of some importance to show you, which I have gotten authenticated by the oldest of my kind that still draws breath. As someone who have a passion for books, I think you can actually appreciate this, when so many others dismiss it or hate what it represents."

The large book that weighed heavily in her large shoulder-bag, were one of controversy where she had come from, and the few ponies she had shown it to since arriving in Equestria didn't seem to be too open about the idea of it being true, which were why she wanted to show it to someone who might actually care enough to see the discovery for the historical importance it held, instead of holding on to old grudges that no one could remember how started.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:10 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"Well, there's being encouraging instead of critical, especially with my shortcomings. And worrying less about things out of my control. Maybe even bullying myself less? Like putting myself down for something because I set my expectations too high? I'm saying things off the top of my head but it sounds like a lot of these is achievable by being more self-conscious. It sounds like I am being my worst enemy." 

"As for you Fluttershy, I think you found the root of your problems, which is a good start. We'll need to work on making you believe in yourself some more. Perhaps instead of your short-comings, we can focus on what you do well first? Make you see yourself positively before moving on to patching up the flaws that you look down on yourself for?"

The question now came to Twilight, but since she may simply end up unfocused again, Nerzhei prepared for more questions to be sent her way until the princess would be more energetic and aware of her surroundings.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:10 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"Twilight is tough when she needs to be. She took on Tirek when she had the magic of three other alicorns given to her and that fight ended in a draw! But for the most part, she doesn't want to get into a fight and prefers to talk. As far as I know, Ember is the only dragon from the dragon lands whom Twilight has befriended. Also, don't try to beat anything out of Spike. He's like a little brother to Twilight so I assume you can guess what happens when you threaten her family."

"As for your questions with Fluttershy, she helps out Twilight whenever she can. She's good with animals. You could say I found her when I wandered out of the thicket near the Everfree Forest. She was nice for the most part but I thought I could take advantage of her. Too kind and too naive, but I guess her warmth and kindness won me over. I still try to get my way with her but I figured she needed help being assertive and tough. It's why I stayed." 

"It was just a slip of the tongue. I promise I won't beat up Spike. I'm just used to small dragons thinking I'm easy to deal with, so my dragon taught me how to beat them up to teach them a lesson. You wouldn't believe how surprised they look every time."

Lotus began laughing as the mental imagine of a particular small dragon -- a whelp around double her size - came to mind. She were standing on top of him, whilst he were holding his face and holding back the tears from the kick she had sent into his face. His own fault really. He had tried to bite her, so she wanted to really make him feel humiliated. That was also why she had stood on top of him in the first place, with her paws above her head and pretending she had won a medal. One of the few times she had seen Nerzhei actually laugh too.

"I dunno what a Tirek is, but my dragons says that alicorn magic is powerful, so having lots of it and making it a draw sounds like some real power being slung around. Guess the princess is stronger than she looks.

Your pony sounds like a good pony too, even if she doesn't let you have what you want all the time. Surprised that you found her though. I was sure that she had picked you out somewhere, and not that you bounced over to see what you could make her do. It's nice of you to stick around and help her now though, instead of going back to the forest, and boy does she need it. She seems to be all over the place, and somewhere between really mad and too kind for her own good. Perhaps now that we're three, we can really get to work on fixing her."

Lotus were kinda jealous on Angel actually. He used to be a wild bunny, then came over and tamed a pony who he then became kind and helpful towards. That was a much better story than hers, which boiled down to being stuck in a cage before she had even opened her eyes, and sold to the first dragon that cared to look at her, which had thankfully been Nerzhei, who had taken pity on the bunny and saved her instead of considering the pink ball of fluff an easy meal. Lotus would like to trade being a wild, mischievous bunny looking for an easy target, over being carried around by a many times larger, scaled creature, and having to grow up feeling like just another dragon, yet being trapped in this cuddly little body. It was confusing, and didn't leave to good interactions with other critters.

==============================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

1 hour ago, Rising Dusk said:

Once the first cup had been filled with the dark roast coffee, he picked it up with his hoof and walked it a short distance to the table they were working at.  Returning to the coffee area, he gathered up some creamer and a small sugar bowl to bring back to fix her coffee up how she liked.

Leaving Void to her coffee, he went back to start making his own cup of coffee.

"Thank y-you."

Void took the offered cup with a hesitant hoof, but she at least did it. It was a step in the right direction.

Two cubes of sugar and a dip of creamer was her preferred choice for something like this, and after mixing it up well, she'd take a sip, whilst Null looked at her intensely. Yet, just as Void had said, there were nothing wrong with it. Honestly, the coffee was rather good even. Not like the sort they sometimes managed to scrounge off a small stand in the places they had been where their abilities hadn't yet been discovered. That were always out of balance with the sweet, the bitter, and especially the sugar (if there even were any in the first place). The times they had the chance for something like this were barely enough for the mare to even recall how she'd like the thing to be made in the first place, but this were close enough to be enjoyable, and she wasn't going to complain over a cup that were frankly among the better ones she had experienced in her time.

She did know what Null liked though, but that was easier to accommodate too. Either a black coffee with nothing in it, or the same, but with a splash of lemon juice in it. Her sister always liked things bitter and sour for some reason. Perhaps it was from giving what mellow or sweet tasting things they could scrounge up to Void more often than not, and then eating the fruit, roots and other things they found that left a bitter or sour taste in her muzzle. It might well just be something she had gotten used to, more than having the affinity all the time, though she didn't think so at least.

1 hour ago, Rising Dusk said:

Rising Dusk concluded he needed to see the spell work of the next item.  He needed more data.  "For the next item that requires a sacrifice...," he started while blowing on his coffee again.  "I need to see the spell that affects it..." blows again.  "I'll create a barrier to keep us save long enough for me to see the spell away from your nullifying field.  Once I've seen it, you can take it back to safety.  This way I'll have more time to analyze the spell and not have to make up the Dispel as I go.  Does that work for you?" he inquired, feeling this was the best route to go if these items were as dangerous as Null said they were.

"If you think you can deal with it, then fine. But I'll be watching."

"We both w-will. It's better n-not to take c-chances."

Void took a long, deep sip of her coffee, before steadying herself to say something to the officer. A kind stallion from what she had seen, but one who must have heard what were said before and had his thoughts about it. She couldn't blame him, they would too if they were in his shoes. Why allow potential catastrophes into your domain? Wouldn't it be safer to push them out and let it be somepony else's problem? A question that the princess must have asked herself too, before the two of them had a chance to explain themselves.

"I-I know that it seems d-dangerous to have us h-here, o-officer, but... W-What else could we d-do? These things w-will always be dangerous, and w-we're the only thing keeping t-them down. We w-won't live forever, and what h-happens when we d-die? Everything erupts at o-once. Massive d-damage, c-calamity..."

She could hear her heart pound loud enough to resonate in her ears, and had to stop to gather herself. With a shaking hoof, she slowly raised the mug to her muzzle to take a few sips to try and calm her nerves, but it wasn't easy to get the images out of her head about what could happen. They had seen the aftermath of many of these things, and imagining that they all just got loose at once were horrifying.

"Booting us out wouldn't save anypony, it just pushes the problem away until we either get killed or kicks it from old age, and then a lot of beings are going to die.

The princess got that. That's why she sent us off to get them handled."

"...S-She understood the b-burden it were to be the k-keepers of all this evil. K-Knew that we t-took these to keep others f-from harm more than a-anything, but n-now have to k-keep them and o-ourselves safe... Princess C-Celestia did what w-was best for e-everypony."

Void spilled a little as she tried to drink again, and with an apologetic look, did what she could to dry up the spots she left on the table. A welcome distraction honestly, and perhaps not as accidental as she liked to think that it were.

=====================================================================================

@Dji

"If you find yourself able to see what comes of me, I ask that you keep it to yourself. I care not about what the most likely option will be.."

As a sphinx, Enzo didn't believe that the future was as linear as some beings might think, but rather that to get to where you saw things ending, you had to ensure that there were no interference with it, such as telling the one who the future were for what were to come. It would simply cause them to try and change things, and then the prediction would be invalid and pointless. Besides, it would be boring.

What wasn't boring however, were the sight that Karmic possessed. It were rare for beings to be able to see the threads of the unwritten, even if it were limited to just one of many options. The revelation that this pony were one of them were surprising, and made him liven up a bit again.

"That you possess the sight is intriguing, and not something that should be shared with just any being, yet I wonder if you can find it in yourself to destroy what may well be a somewhat innocent being? Ponies are not ones who find it easy to end lives" that simply. Care you not for her to find a body of her own instead?"

==================================================================================

@Dji

Onache scowled slightly, but backed down from her semi-aggressive stance and relaxed herself.

"Long as it stays there, the ponies can deal with the creature. It is not welcome in my domain."

She could go and tell on this being, yet what would be the point? Who would believe the slaver queen, somewhat reformed or not? They could deal with the creature themselves for now, though if it got out of hoof, and it began wreaking havoc, she may indulge in coming to their rescue, provided it was made worth her time in either some kind of reward, or influence.

"Enough of this. I tire of standing here, when my temple stands ready for my presence. Both of you follow, and witness the beginning of a new hive."

@Blitz Boom

"Hopefully it isn't as destructive as you were long ago."

He wasn't sure how destructive Anomaly was in the past, but he decided it'd be good to prepare for the worse.

"If you're allergic to iron and silver, it might be worth considering. Let's just hope it has that part of you in it."

Lucid was about to say something when he saw a big cloud of smoke coming from the middle of town.

"Well, I think we might have a clue about where that thing is."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom@Moonlit

14 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"It's okay, you're not the first one who doesn't think they can trust me."

"I don't really trust any sane pony at the moment." Nada quietly informed the ghost, obviously she didn't want Berry to hear her to say it, since even she would most likely be able to understand the implication.

Nada listened Serenade's explanation and the small interaction between Berry and the ghost, she had noticed the moving stuff around the specter, but she was more curious than worried. "So Ziggy is a friendly pony, I take your word for it." at least she assumed she was a pony, since neither Serenade or the ghost stated otherwise, and they didn't deny Berry's story about the pony. "And I agree with Berry, we probably should get going before it gets dark....or well, darker." They were in the Everfree forest after all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom

As usual, Ruby stayed quiet during the change of words between Marley and Spicy, she had yet to understand why implications like Spicy's 'talking' comments were so effective way to annoy some ponies, especially considering how easy stallions and even some mares were to manipulate when you acted like you were attracted towards them. To Spicy's question Ruby just shrug her head "Nothing, we're good to go."

@Blitz Boom

"Dark magic lingers here? Long after the occupants are gone? When you put it like that, Rosa, that does scare me a little bit."

Dark magic... nothing good can come from that. Somehow, it isn't comforting that such things seem to follow Lin around, never able to get away from the very thing that nearly took her life. As much as magic fascinated her, she had learned the hard way about how magic isn't worth it. Seeing as how she is still around, albeit barely, there was plenty of precedent to tell her the risks may be too great for their benefits. Yet here she is with magic for her to wield. It is fortunate Omen listened and followed Rosa back to their group. She wouldn't want Omen to fall victim to the kind of magic that could've razed this place to the ground. 

"Come on," Sen called to Omen, relieved nothing serious and out of the ordinary happened. "We're running on a strict schedule. Wouldn't want to disappoint Scarcity after we told her we'd get our task done on time. Wouldn't want to see her angry neither."

Without so much as a speck of hesitation, Lin led the group out through the other side of town. A shame she couldn't examine this place more but going by Rosa's explanation, perhaps this is one of those places she should avoid. Preferably by forgetting this place even existed. Might be as simple as locking this part of her journeys away in her mind and never thinking about it again. From here on, it was about an hour till they get somewhere that gave them a semblance of progress for the day.

============================================================================================================

"Well, I'm good with animals. I can communicate and connect with them on a higher level compared to other ponies. I am chosen by the Tree of Harmony to use one of the six Elements of Harmony. Other than that, I also established the Sweet Feather Sanctuary, a safe and cozy retreat for every creature! It's my pride and joy!"

That last part wasn't an exaggeration. Aside from calling in a few favors from Big Daddy McColt and gathering the assistance of her friends, that whole project is her brainchild. Outside of starting the place out of a need to help Dr. Fauna and her overcrowded veterinary clinic, it is also a place for unique animals to call home. A sloth and a giraffe, among other animals reside there, maybe as permanent residents. It's nice, too, as Fluttershy gets to visit them regularly and they get the best care they could possibly receive thanks to Dr. Fauna no longer being overworked. If anything, it isn't a zoo. It's a place isolated from pony contact but they always love having Fluttershy and her animal friends around for company.

"She's getting better but sometimes, it takes a lot of effort to get those lessons on assertiveness to stick. She means well and she loves animals. That sanctuary she mentioned is a beautiful place. It's got a waterfall! Fluttershy takes me there from time to time and it feels like a vacation whenever we visit the animals there! Hey, maybe you'd like to go and see the place! I think you'll love it!"

Maybe it isn't the dragon lands, but it is something worth taking the time to visit. That was something Angel appreciated about Fluttershy. That unending kindness that extends to any and all animals that come to her. Lush greenery, clear waters, a home for any creature needing a place to rest and recuperate. Some animals who come there don't ever want to leave! A silly thing but they see no drawbacks to that kind of prospect. It might not be for Lotus who probably grew used to the dragon lands and the kind of environment that dragons would prefer, but if Angel were a tour guide, this is one place up on his highly recommended list.

@Blitz Boom

The sisters didn't really need to explain themselves to Rising Dusk.  He probably understood more than most really.  If he didn't question everything that was going on though or weigh everything, then he really wouldn't be doing his job, now would he?  In the end, he trusted the Princess' judgement and having witnessed the abilities of the two sisters first hoof, the dangerous items were in safe hooves, so to speak.  The only real threat came from it another pony with less that delightful minds attempted to steal the artifacts from the Troy sisters.  Blowing on his coffee one last time, he finally took a sip of the hot bitter liquid.  Letting the warmth run through his body and the caffeine to give him a reboost in energy. 

"I trust you two, and the Princess.  This isn't a burden you two should have to bare.  If there is anything I can do to help alleviate the burden, then you can count on me," the detective told the pair.  Taking a second sip from his coffee cup and then putting it to the corner of the table they were working at.  Taking a deep breath to let the quick boost in energy from the coffee work it's own type of magic.  Igniting his horn for a third time with the orange glow of his magic.  "When I create the barrier, toss the item inside," Rising Dusk directed as he prepared the spell.

The black wisps appeared and mixed in with the orange of his magic.  Aiming at the center of the table, he cast his barrier spell.  It first appeared as a small bright orange spec, but it only stayed that way for the briefest of moments.  A pulse rippled forth from the spec, stretching out the spark of magic into a mostly transparent orange dome that covered about half the table.  After a blink of his eyes, the wisps started to swirl around the dome like moths around a flame.  With his spell complete, he nodded toward the sisters, ready to let this experiment begin.

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Oh, I'm totally allergic to silver and pure iron. Just like a faerie.

You touch me with either and my own powers turns against me, and then I get real weak. Kinda lame, but y'know, can't have everything, right?

But enough about that, let's go find Earzilla, or whatever it's gonna be! Hehehe."

Anomaly wouldn't even be close, but she didn't knew that yet. The being they would face wouldn't have ears at all, but rather be an elongated, giraffe-sized creature with two massive forearms, and small, yet just as muscular legs, which made it seem like some sort of red-furred mixture of a gorilla and a weasel. It had six eyes (two on the left, two on the right, and two on its forehead) and a large tail with a blade at its end, and as for a mouth, it were surprisingly lacking of any. Four bony lumps were there, but they seemed to be worked more to cause vibrations, as it turned towards a wagon and with the parts vibrating, caused it to get smashed from a distance of around three meters.

IT indeed seemed to be very destructive, but why? It seemed to be smashing wooden things more than anything, and gathering them in a large pile, though for what purpose wasn't clear. If it could talk, it weren't speaking to anypony currently, and just doing its work in silence.

Of course, the group wouldn't know this befr-

"Hey, check it out, the author is handing out spoilers."

Anomaly pulled a speech bubble from seemingly nowhere containing the description that had just been given of the creature.

"This is cool! I'm gonna put it on a leash and call it Henry. Or Captain Snuggles."

===============================================================================================

Cherish wasn't sure what the siren meant at first, but saying that she didn't trust any sane pony... There were only one actual pony here currently, so did that mean that Berry was crazy? Considering the stunt she did before with rummaging through Cherish like she were some kind of tourist attraction, there might be some truth to that. Guess you had to be a little crazy to be around a ghost and two sirens and not think that something were worth being concerned about.

"I think I understand. Hopefully we can get along one day? I have so few that even know I exist as it is."

She whispered this back, as to not alert Berry about the message, though she might have just looked at the weird pair whispering and started setting questions. You know, if she hadn't been focused fully on Serenade for now, and had her back turned on the two.

=====================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Swell. We should get going then, to Appleloosa. I know, seems like a weird place, but my contact likes the area and refuses to get to her senses and move someplace where normal folks live. Hopefully we won't need to stay in that dingy little town for more than we need to."

Spicy were not a fan of the place, but not because she hated the town itself. A bit of peace and quiet were nice now and again, but her issue came with the locals. As a card player, she knew her way around a good game, and had been more than happy to take a few down one of their bars, but by Celestia had the cheating in that place been abhorrent, and she just couldn't get herself to feel comfortable in such a setting.

Yeah, she were immoral and had done a lot of bad things, but she didn't cheat in poker, and those who did disgusted her. Made her feel all uneasy to be in the town ever since then.

But, her contact were where she were, so she had to suck it up and get to work. These jars wasn't gonna pawn themselves off, and the links she could work with to get them off her hooves and towards an auction were few and far between. Annoying dragon-pony negotiations and the irritating laws that came from it...

"If we keep it up, we should be able to get there in around 6 hours or so. Would be quicker by train, but I am so not gonna take that risk when we're carrying contraban."

(feel free to simply say they are there in any post as we go along if you start to find the talking and such tedious, or have Ruby do something to quicken it)

=========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 11/14/2018 at 2:30 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"Dark magic lingers here? Long after the occupants are gone? When you put it like that, Rosa, that does scare me a little bit."

"There's no guarantee that I'm right, but looking at all of this, and what Omen spoke off, I can't help but think it's possible. Hopefully whoever did this is long gone though. I don't want to meet anypony who can do magic strong enough to make it linger long after they have left."

Of course, some of it had to do with this being dark magic, which had a tendency to linger a little longer than say, remnants of a healing spell, but that the essence lingered still weren't a good thing. Especially since there were one other option, though he would prefer not to mention that one, as the notion of somepony creating unholy ground were even darker. That were a high degree of vile curse magic that no simpleton could just do. Hopefully that wasn't it, and there would be no reason to spread unease.

"Come on," Sen called to Omen, relieved nothing serious and out of the ordinary happened. "We're running on a strict schedule. Wouldn't want to disappoint Scarcity after we told her we'd get our task done on time. Wouldn't want to see her angry neither."

Omen sent a last glance towards the town, but her thoughts were not that she should never return here. She were a curious sort, and as such, she wanted to know what was going on here, even if it might get dangerous. But there were many things to do before that, and she may have forgotten about this place by then. They'd see how things were as time went along, though for now, she had been told they needed to go, and so, she followed.

The hour would go by reasonably fast enough, and as the time passed, they would finally be able to see the fishing town. Or well, the crumbling ruins of one, though this were clear to have just been flooded and then abandoned a long time ago. There were barely anything still standing, and the few walls, and remnants of tools, were slowly, but steadily, being reclaimed by the sea.

In the sea itself, they could see the tip of a building poke out of the water as they got nearer. Nothing more than a half meter or so of building, but it were enough to tell them that they had likely found where they had to go.

"Seems like the tides isn't in our favor right now. We should rest up, and if it doesn't look better within an hour, we'll send Omen in to see what we have to deal with from the outside. Unless everypony is feeling their best?"

Rosa knew that he sure weren't, as the root had lost its effect some time ago, and he were feeling the weariness of a night with hardly any sleep. He could do with a break. Not one where he set traps or anything like that, but an honest to Celestia break, where he could just relax and gather his strength.

=======================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

"Well, I'm good with animals. I can communicate and connect with them on a higher level compared to other ponies. I am chosen by the Tree of Harmony to use one of the six Elements of Harmony. Other than that, I also established the Sweet Feather Sanctuary, a safe and cozy retreat for every creature! It's my pride and joy!"

"Wait, you're a what?"

Nerzhei's eyes went wide with disbelief.

"I've read about the Tree of Harmony, and the element that springs from it. The opposite of the Well of Disharmony, right? I thought those things were just legends. Still not certain that they aren't..."

One of the few books that the dragon had gotten hold of from pony lands, were a book of legends, wherein the tree and the well were mentioned. She didn't believe a single word in them, as it all seemed wildly exaggerated, but she had read it enough to wear it out regardless. The stories were fairly interesting if nothing else, and more importantly, it helped her in her translations of her main book. Not too much unfortunately, as the difference between ancient and modern day equine were large, but it had given her something to work with at least. She would take that at the time, though seeing the nearby library, there were certainly better options available, right? Now it were just a matter of being allowed regular access to it, though that would have to go through Twilight, so it may have to wait for a while. It were okay though. They both had several millennia to go over such things. No need to rush things really.

"...Though If - and that's a big If - you truly are one of those, then I don't understand how your self esteem is so low. If the stories held truth, a carrier of the elements should have vast powers, even surpassing that of Discord. How could you hold such power, and yet be unable to think highly of yourself?"

Fluttershy had to remember that Nerzhei were a dragon, and as such, even if she considered herself more taught than most of her kind, she were raised to believe that if you had strength, you could believe in yourself. And the elements were powerful artifacts that should provide the bearer with plenty of strength, be they magical or physical. Be they harmony or disharmony, all of them carried great potential and really, harmony itself were an incredibly powerful school of magic. And one that were hard to replicate too, which Nerzhei's many attempts had proven, as she could only so far manage to make something work in unison with another magic school, and were still little more than a shadow of actual harmony magic.

The sanctuary were something she'd ask about later, but for now, Fluttershy's credibility were being questioned, and Nerzhei needed to clarify this before she could believe in what else the mare might say.

"She's getting better but sometimes, it takes a lot of effort to get those lessons on assertiveness to stick. She means well and she loves animals. That sanctuary she mentioned is a beautiful place. It's got a waterfall! Fluttershy takes me there from time to time and it feels like a vacation whenever we visit the animals there! Hey, maybe you'd like to go and see the place! I think you'll love it!"

Lotus's ears went up on stilts as Angel began talking about the sanctuary, and her eyes lit up like it was Hearts Warming Eve.

"Oooh, I love waterfalls! Sure I'd go there, long as they don't try to eat me there. I'll mess them up good if they try."

She weren't aware how animals generally speaking lived with being cared for here, and were more used to wild animals, where several of them wouldn't mind a juicy rabbit for dinner. They could go ahead and try though. She'd leave them more bruised than if they had fallen into a pit of Honey Badgers.

She looked up at her dragon, just to make sure that she had heard what were going on enough to know where the pink wonder had wandered off to soon, and it seemed like the dragon had more or less ignored her. So Lotus went over and kicked her in the shins. It would barely do anything to the dragons hard scaled, but the pressure would be noted, and soon after the dragon would let her gaze wonder down over the two troublesome bunnies.

"We're leaving to check out the sanctuary. Try not to beat up the princess."

Nerzhei got a faint smile on her face as the cute little thing teased her.

"Just watch out for yourself, and don't get into unnecessary fights yourself, no matter how tempted you get."

"Okay, but if they try anything, it's not my fault what happens. Can we go now Angel? Please?"

==============================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

7 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"I trust you two, and the Princess.  This isn't a burden you two should have to bare.  If there is anything I can do to help alleviate the burden, then you can count on me,"

"Just get these things destroyed, that's enough. You can't do anything about the rest of our misery."

Null's voice were bitter as she said this, and the stump on her back wriggled weakly, though she didn't do this on purpose. It were a reflex that tended to pop up whenever she spoke of loss, which always brought her to the thing she missed the most: Flying. Her parents were a distant memory that still hurt, but it wasn't as constant as looking to the sky above her and know that since no magic worked on her, she were never going to fly again. An instinct that laid deep in pegasi, and even though some could suppress it, it was different when it was denied you. It felt like you didn't chose to walk around, but had gotten bolted down by invisible chains, and yearned to be free again.

More than once Null had looked towards everything from other pegasi to birds, and shouted curses at them for being able to fly, yet what difference did it make? She were stuck down here with the unicorns and earth ponies, except she were less than them. They had strength or magic to work with. What did she have? A tiny body that was lighter because she by nature's side were meant to fly... There was nothing that Rising, or anypony else could do for that pain.

Void at least had it somewhat easier. Her leg could get an artificial replacement, and she didn't really feel any disadvantages from only having one eye. By all accounts, she could live a perfectly normal life, just like the officer here likely had.

Null gnashed her teeth and scowled, before rising her look again towards Rising as he spoke up again.

7 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"When I create the barrier, toss the item inside,"

She wasn't entranced this time, as her mind was stuck in a rather sour mood, but Void became fascinated by the black wisps beginning their dance again. Which left Null to have to pick out the thing there were to pop into this dome of magic.

"If you can't control it, put your hooves in front of your eyes. Might be able to get it away before it nicks one of them."

With that, she threw the magic 8 ball she had a hold of earlier into the dome, and stood ready to dash forward and grabbing the nasty piece of work again.

In a way it were a somewhat benevolent thing. The one carrying it would be able to see perfect, and have visions of the future that could help them and everypony around them greatly. However, this thing were not a friend of anypony, it just made them think of it as useful so that it could do it's dirty work.

It were cruel in its simplicity. Soon as a pony or other higher sentient being got near it, it would suddenly erupt several tentacles from itself and lash them towards the being. If it got hold of them, it would *replace* one of the victims eyes, and from there begin to drain the host of their life energy. It gave the wearer two days of thinking they could change the world, and then it was all over, and the ball would find a new host to attack. Why it did that were anypony's guess, and Null didn't care to ask. She just cared knowing what happened when it were loose, and that were something she didn't want to happen again.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"I think Henry is a nice name."

Lucid got tired of walking, it was so boring to him.

"Imma just open a portal there."

That makes it too easy.

"Hey, if I have the ability, I have the right to use it."

"Yea, let's just open a portal to the center of town."

Lucid opened a portal and walked through. He quickly spotted the weird thing.

"Guys, we're going to need a bigger animal shelter."

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Swell. We should get going then, to Appleloosa. I know, seems like a weird place, but my contact likes the area and refuses to get to her senses and move someplace where normal folks live. Hopefully we won't need to stay in that dingy little town for more than we need to."

Spicy were not a fan of the place, but not because she hated the town itself. A bit of peace and quiet were nice now and again, but her issue came with the locals. As a card player, she knew her way around a good game, and had been more than happy to take a few down one of their bars, but by Celestia had the cheating in that place been abhorrent, and she just couldn't get herself to feel comfortable in such a setting.

Yeah, she were immoral and had done a lot of bad things, but she didn't cheat in poker, and those who did disgusted her. Made her feel all uneasy to be in the town ever since then.

But, her contact were where she were, so she had to suck it up and get to work. These jars wasn't gonna pawn themselves off, and the links she could work with to get them off her hooves and towards an auction were few and far between. Annoying dragon-pony negotiations and the irritating laws that came from it...

"If we keep it up, we should be able to get there in around 6 hours or so. Would be quicker by train, but I am so not gonna take that risk when we're carrying contraban."

(feel free to simply say they are there in any post as we go along if you start to find the talking and such tedious, or have Ruby do something to quicken it)

(I reply only to this for now since Moonlit hasn't replied yet.)

"Aright." Ruby simply replied, she trusted that Spicy knew what she was doing, and it didn't take genius to understand why it's not good idea go to a bigger place or to move with public transportation with stuff from grave robbing. 

She stayed quiet while they traveled, only talking when talked to, and even then in her usual manner she kept her replies as short and simple as possible. But it was not easy travelling with such a little food, so at some point of the travel when they were still close to the forest, Ruby decided that it was best for everyone that she would go for a hunt, actual hunt, before going somewhere with lot of defenseless ponies. "I request a quick break." "There's something I need to do quickly....in private."

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta, @Seamore Sandwich

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

While Twilight was very much interested in the book Nerzhei mentioned, her attention was drawn to Fluttershy in helping her be more assertive. Her ears flicked at the mention of the Elements of Harmony and figured it wasn’t easy to think that they were still legends if other creatures managed to read those stories.

”As much as that book interests me, Nerzhei, I’d rather focus in helping Fluttershy first. Yes, the Elements of Harmony are real. I’m one of them too. As for Fluttershy, you used to say that singing calmed you down in tense situations. Why don’t you keep on singing?”

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

”Oh, okay,” Aurora replied and followed Onache. She didn’t think anything of it and that scared her a small bit. At the very least, she could always say no and continue with sightseeing, but somehow, this seemed more interesting for the moment.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

”I haven’t seen anything for you. You’ll know if I have when my eyes go white,” Karmic told Enzo. She forced a mental wall around Atzy to stop her from losing concentration and regarded what else Enzo had said. “I don’t want to kill her. I’ve already done that to my village on accident and I don’t want to go through that again,” she shuddered.

Edited by Dji

@Blitz Boom

If the tide didn't put a damper on the siblings' mood, it would likely be the dreary town's ambiance. What would've caused all that? Must likely be the same thing as the town before it. But for the most part, Sen and Lin were a fair bit excited to see what the sea looked like. The two were familiar with wading in the water, but to see the expanse as far as their eyes can see... it was a sight to behold. The two ran for the seaside and took in the breeze. 

"Wow! So this is what the sea looks like? I've heard it plenty of times but nopony's description could do this justice." 

"What do you think, Lin? The edge over there where the water meets the sky at the horizon, do you think that's the edge of the world? Say we reach that part, we might fall over and we'd never get back. How far would we fall?"

"I don't know," Lin stepped forward, dipping her feet in the water and feeling them getting cold and wet. She missed those days when their father took them by the stream and they'd get their feet wet. It was simple but many good memories were shared there. "I probably don't want to find out though."

The two were just fine here, and probably wanted to spend some time just admiring the view. Sen turned back and ran towards Rosa, firm in his decision without further input. 

"Let's rest up here for a moment and wait out the tide. I think we both could use some rest. Maybe I'll nap a bit." 

==================================================================================================================

"The Tree of Harmony is real. I wish it was true, being made stronger by the elements, but i doesn't work that way. The elements chose me, Twilight, and my friends to wield them but doing so it only temporary. When it was needed to keep the plunder vines in the Everfree Forest from growing all over Ponyville, we had to give up the elements. It's humbling to be chosen but I don't believe it is a crutch for me to rely on. We do what we can because it is right, powers or no powers."

Seems like even without confidence, Fluttershy has her convictions. She wears them well when she speaks her mind on topics like these. Or when dealing with animals. One area of expertise and one she can speak about because of her experience. It wasn't a bad way to start things off, though Twilight does bring up a point that she noted. It appears Twilight's mind wandered back though the pegasus had always assumed the alicorn to be listening.

"I do sing, Twilight, but mostly because I am surrounded by my animal friends. I enjoy it a lot, but I recall a time when I filled in for Big Mac when he lost his voice. After he got better, I rarely perform with the Ponytones now. I guess you can say it is the equivalent of singing in the bath. Privacy and very few around to judge."

Of course, she hadn't forgotten about Angel. The bunny saw Fluttershy nodding and smiling, a signal for him to embark with Lotus. She waved the two of them goodbye for now as she watched him and Lotus leave for the sanctuary. Angel led Lotus out and through town into the Everfree Forest, travel time estimated to about twenty minutes. The rest of the way isn't too complicated now as a path winding around the forest led to a clearing where the animals from all over came to rest. Some have become permanent residents who have come to see each other as their neighbors. Of course, the sight of the waterfall is what draws a lot of attention to the place. Mostly a small reserve with enough room to run and play, and to rest in their own little corner. 

"Here it is! Sweet Feather Sanctuary, home of many animals who probably won't want to leave. I can't blame them though. Fluttershy really planned out the landscape and everything, waterfall included. You probably want to jump off of it, right?"

@Blitz Boom

It was understandable for the small pegasus to have a degree of misery from a missing wing.  Something that was always on her mind, evident enough by the reflex produced by the nub where one use to be.  Even Rising Dusk didn't want to have to imagine what it would be like without his horn.  A curious thought crossed his mind though, having just recently met yet another interesting pair of ponies who had built mechanical wings.  If Molotov could flutter around in the air with those, would it be possible for Null to have one fashioned for her missing wing?  Something he'd have to ask his new friend, but he didn't want to bring it up around Null at the moment.  No point in getting her hopes up if he wasn't even sure how possible it would be considering that in part, the wings were powered by a stone that stored solar energy using magic.  Her nullifying field might disable the gem's ability to charge up, but it should be able to power the wings themselves as long as it was recharged away from her field.

No time to get distracted though with such inquires.  He was maintaining a special barrier for the next item on the list.  An eight-ball.  A curious little toy aimed at the superstitious of ponies in thinking it could help them make decisions.  When in truth, it was just as viable as flipping a coin when a pony couldn't pick a choice.  The cursed artifact met no resistance as it was tossed into the small barrier and thudded against the thick wood of the table.  Away from her field now, the tapestry that made up the curse sprang forth.  While at the same time it 'looked' at Rising Dusk and tendrils sprang forth for the stallion.  Black wisps moved around the barrier and met the tips of the tendrils head on like little shields that the inky appendages bounced off of.  The little wisps moved to match the tendrils at every movement, preventing them from leaving the barrier.  That would have been very difficult to defend against if he hadn't put up the barrier first.  Good thing he thought to do this.  It did click with him though as to why a sacrifice would have been necessary.

With the eight-ball safely contained, it was tame for Rising Dusk to take in the spell work.  A quick read of it made him roll his eyes though.  Whoever put the curse on this item had at least a basic sense of humor.  Putting a fortune curse on an item that tells a pony's fortune, har har.  Perfect camouflage.  Nothing all that complex about the spell work though.  An inky hot pink weave danced before his vision.  The read painting a story for the stallion.  The eight-ball had an attachment curse, these tendrils that latched to a pony and became part of them.  Giving them false fortunes and a sense of empowerment to keep them going and not wanting to rest in their work.  Ultimately, it was a storage device.  Storage of what?  Well... it did take life force.  Probably to be collected at a later time from the caster for more uses in dark magic.

The spell had two weak points, but they were both in very... troublesome places.  His eyes flicked back and forth as the tapestry slithered about in his vision.  Raising a a hoof in the two sister's direction, he gave a brief warning.  "Please hold your breaths," he directed the two, but didn't give them much time.  He had to act fast to catch these points when the overlapped.  Taking a deep breath, he held it.

All the black wisps around the barrier dove into the orange dome at the same time, like a giant spear hitting a single point.  The two points were severed and the flood gates were released.  The eight-ball exploded into a plume of black smoke that filled the half of the underground basement in an instant.

@Blitz Boom

"Listen you two, she's not even corporeal, all hits would just dissipate her form, and with her, I'd not take her threat lightly." Astral said, her anger boiling out with some magic sparks. This encounter was frustrating her, she just had to be continuously presented with this issue's end, and have it ripped away. "If they have bodies, they'd be easier to stop." She opened her house door and stepped inside, glancing around. "She would've been serious, we should wait their plan out. Just interfering if you can sense them doing wrong." She looked to Iron as she stepped back out of the house.

"I'm only able to check on them so often, But through this whole thing." He looked to Chow. "Did you get any other books?"
==========================
@Blitz Boom

"You're going to have more luck at getting our bodies back, with an element of disharmony with you." She turned around to walk next to Emerald. "Actually, as much as I am responsible for it, I'd prefer my soul to be extracted from this gem." She pointed to it as she spoke, before putting her hoof back down. "Would it be, difficult to add that to getting our bodies back?" She placed the speaking book back on the shelf.

==========================
@Dji

He paused his walking, looking back to her. "I figured you'd follow me." He said, chuckling a bit. "Maybe I should be more clear with things like that."

@FanOfManyShows

Chow was none too happy about this development. Emerald was still free, Sapphire was too, and being an effective helper for her deranged sister, and the lot of them were more or less chasing shadows and being dragged around by the nose currently. This weren't any good.

On 11/18/2018 at 9:22 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"If they have bodies, they'd be easier to stop."

"I won't bet my hide on it, but I'll take your side on this Astral, and hoping that we won't end up with chompers in our flank."

Personally, he didn't trust that it would make Sapphire weaker, and unless Emerald ended up with a frail body somehow, she would definitely be stronger. Difference between having to rely on what magic she could scrounge up in a host, and having her own form to work with more than likely, but what could he do? No teleports or anything of the sorts meant that he couldn't go chase 'em down, even if it suddenly looked like a good idea.

On 11/18/2018 at 9:22 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"I'm only able to check on them so often, But through this whole thing." He looked to Chow. "Did you get any other books?"

Iron speaking up got Chow to ease up on looking like he'd bitten into a sour apple, and slowly start to ease up, as he replied to the older stallion.

"Sort of. Since you folks told me that the whole shelf was mined, I wasn't touching it anymore, but this thing fell out when I moved the first 'round. Any good?"

Chow reached to under his left thigh and pulled out an old, small diary, that he had kept in place with his muscles since taking it earlier. It was the only thing he could think to do at the time, as he didn't carry any sorta bag on him.

It looked pretty old and beaten up, but whatever was inside were likely still readable, though Chow wasn't gonna open it up and find out what was inside. If it were something like a journal of Emerald's youth and/or time after Sapphire had left her, it were probably important, but potentially also carried a trap.

======================================

@FanOfManyShows

"You thought that remaining in that gem would be part or being returned to your body? You have forgotten your roots, sister."

Honestly, had Sapphire not remembered anything of the dark arts? Resurrecting her older sister had been one of their most important talking points back in the day, with Sapphire drilling into Emerald's head the steps to go through to get her back from the dead, if ever the time came for it to be relevant.

After their... Falling out, and Emerald's subsequent *death*, Sapphire seemed to have forgotten a few things about the process, perhaps as an attempt to put her sisters fate behind her, and embrace her goody two-shoes lifestyle, but Emerald hadn't forgotten. Even in her most hate-filled state, she didn't forget what she had been told, and what was asked of her.

"When everything is ready, I will personally tear your soul screaming and kicking out of the element and make you return to a proper stage of life. With the book returned, it will be easier to do so, as the element may want to cling too deeply to you. Deceitful as it should be.

As for the book, I hope that the ones who stole you did not treat you unkindly?"

Her last paragraph were directed to the book, whom she looked at after answering Sapphire's question. Ignoring the book wouldn't get her any more in favor towards the living literature, and she did not need it grumpy now. After the years she had been dead and gone, it may already be somewhat miffed at her already.

====================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

Lucid might have spotted  the large thing quickly, but it were not nearly as quickly as it had seen him, and it charged over towards him. The sound of heavy knuckles and feet hitting the ground were impossible to not notice, yet as it neared the group and saw the other of the same kind, it slowed down and stopped about a meter from them. Eyeing all three of them with separate eyes that seemed able to turn independently, yet all that were focused on these beings began showing the same thing: Confusion, and caution.

"...Đ₳₦₲ɆⱤ?"

The bony nubs on its face seemed able to form words too, as a chittering, male voice slowly spoke to the gathered draconequui and associate, whilst pointing a meaty finger tentatively towards Lucid. It sounded as if a bug had evolved the ability to speak, even if not naturally.

"Awh, isn't he just precious? Hello little fellah. You wanna be my Henry?"

The large creature focused a few more eyes on Anomaly as she spoke up and grinned up towards him.

"ⱧɆ₦ⱤɎ? ł₴ Đ₳₦₲ɆⱤ?"

It seemed the large creature were trying to understand something, but what wasn't all that obvious. At least not to Anomaly, who just tilted her head and tried to think over what he were on about. Did he mean that he were dangerous? Well, duh if that was the case. He was huge, and could probably lift a house if he out his will to it, yet he hadn't so far. Just smashed wooden objects and gathering the pieces, then run towards the three of them.

==================================================================================================

"Alright, let's get going then."

Berry were jumping in place, really looking forward to how this were going to end. Especially if she could end up meeting one of the princesses! It'd be the best way ever to personally see if they were actually just robots, or had some kind of spy gear on them that she might've seen before, and could then confirm if they were members of The Conspiracy or not. Going through their trash was impossible, so she had to find info somehow. This was as good as anything.

She got confused to see that the ghost suddenly flickered out of sight as they got on their way though, which Cherish noticed, and answered before a question was even asked.

"Its best if nopony sees me right now. The living doesn't deal with ghosts well, and you'll have enough with just thinking about sneaking in yourselves."

This were pretty silly in Berry's mind, as the odds of running into somepony just out and about in the Everfree Forest were pretty small, but eh, whatever floated Cherish's boat she supposed, and in case they did get spotted, it'd be a good ace to have in the back pocket.

"Well okay, let's just get there. The darkness brings out some nasty stuff in this here forest."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Suit yourself. I'll go fill up the canteens then."

They had been wandering for a time, making small talk that really didn't go anywhere - especially with the short answers Ruby were giving - and had been near the edge of the forest when said mare had wanted to wander off and taking care of some business of her own. Considering they were also passing a river at that point that seemed full of fresh water and fish, both Spicy and Marley had things on their mind as well, though Ruby had been the first to voice a want to halt.

While she went away, Spicy wriggled into the wagon and pulled out some things like canteens for the long roads, and some sort of wrapping paper, whilst Marley went to the river and began fishing with his bare claws. All a matter of striking at the right time to get this done really, and when Spicy were done, he'd have three carp fished up and de-boned, with a half of one of them being eaten on the spot before he salted the rest and wrapped it up tightly in the paper prepared for him. Spicy might make due with a vegetarian diet, but Marley were a griffon. He needed his meat, and the best of that tended to come from fish, as they held the main proteins and vitamins that his kind needed in a healthy diet.

They should be all done and ready to go when Spicy would eventually return, with none of them having made a single move towards stalking or watching the dragon in disguise.

@Dji @EQ_Theta @Seamore Sandwich

On 11/16/2018 at 1:17 AM, Dji said:

”As much as that book interests me, Nerzhei, I’d rather focus in helping Fluttershy first. Yes, the Elements of Harmony are real. I’m one of them too. As for Fluttershy, you used to say that singing calmed you down in tense situations. Why don’t you keep on singing?”

"I never said that I wished to go over it right now, princess. I am injured, and your attention split, so it isn't the time. Just don't make me wait for years on end. We may both have several millennia to work with, but that doesn't mean that I am keen on waiting for that long for a mere audience."

Twilight may have much to do as a princess, but letting the dragon wait for too long would still irritate Nerzhei the longer it went on, and potentially make her less inclined to share her knowledge with the young princess. Though if she were to look on the bright side, at least Twilight seemed to be waking up a bit more often know, so perhaps she wouldn't take as many days to sort through what she needed to if her focus could return fully soon.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:41 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"The Tree of Harmony is real. I wish it was true, being made stronger by the elements, but i doesn't work that way. The elements chose me, Twilight, and my friends to wield them but doing so it only temporary. When it was needed to keep the plunder vines in the Everfree Forest from growing all over Ponyville, we had to give up the elements. It's humbling to be chosen but I don't believe it is a crutch for me to rely on. We do what we can because it is right, powers or no powers."

"So that part of the legend holds true as well... Perhaps there are more to that book than I had first given it credit for."

It had been a small notice in that book - Little more than a footnote really - regarding how the Elements of Harmony were not meant to be kept or abused, but she had dismissed that as more nonsense than the rest, considering how much difference there were with the Elements of Disharmony. You wouldn't be able to claw those from their wielders hands unless they were beaten to a pulp or ended up dead, which were seemingly common with certain elements, such as Depression. Furthermore came knowledge on them increasing strength and being possible to abuse, which had seemed a stark contrast that surely the harmony ones should have as well, considering they would otherwise be weak in comparison.

It seemed she had much yet to learn of what ponies considered strength, but at least she were more enlightened about some of the tales she had read, though it also made her concerned as for the other things it had mentioned, such as Windigos and Sirens. Such creatures she hadn't thought real, but so far, she had been proven wrong a few times on such assumptions... She would have to really look into these weird things she had dismissed so far another time, yet currently, there were more pressing matters. Well, kind of pressing, as helping a pony's self esteem weren't exactly a life-threatening situation, even if she owed the pony.

"Is there any indication on why the harmony elements aren't powerful unless they are together then, whilst the disharmony ones are strengthening individually? ...No, scratch that, I think I just got it. Harmony is everything pure that comes together as one force, and disharmony only functions apart because they can't work together, which is why they have to empower the wearer individually. It's the only way to have a balance."

She felt a small migraine build up and rubbed her forehead with a few fingers on her free hand, trying to keep the pain down until it passed.

"It makes me wonder if there's issues with that now, if the disharmony elements are still out there, and the harmony ones are dormant, but something tells me that isn't a concern of mine, but rather of you two and the rest of your companions. I can't say that I envy you such a burden.

In any case, you say that you sing, Fluttershy? Certainly takes some degree of bravery to put a spotlight on yourself like that, so you must be able to draw on some kind of confidence once in a while at least, yes? Or are the stereotypes true, and you ponies just sing so much that it's deafening at times, and doesn't really stand out?"

While this yapping on were happening, the two bunnies had taken off, and aside from a dog who barked at Lotus - which caused her to turn around and call him a few things best not said in polite conversation - there weren't really any interruptions on their way to the sanctuary, which were certainly impressive. Far more than Lotus had even thought it would be, though even with a waterfall, her idea hadn't really been much. It were basically just that, and some bedrock, which this certainly weren't. Someone had really taken care in making this place look good, and inhabitable for animals.

And talk about a crowd here. Lots of animals from various size groups, and weirdly enough, ladders on the food chain. But it didn't seem like any of them were trying to eat one another? What kind of weird country had she gotten to, where something larger with sharp teeth didn't try to munch of a prey animal?

"Here it is! Sweet Feather Sanctuary, home of many animals who probably won't want to leave. I can't blame them though. Fluttershy really planned out the landscape and everything, waterfall included. You probably want to jump off of it, right?"

Once again though, Angel distracted her from some of the weird stuff when he sweet-talked her into taking a dive from the top of the waterfall. Or okay, it more like a suggestion that Lotus latched unto the second it had been offered. She looked about as happy as could be as she started to vigorously nod and chitter away.

"Totally! Last one to jump off loses!"

She pushed Angel in a friendly manner to try and get him off balance, then took off towards the top of said waterfall, and when she got there, would jump over the edge, with several twirls on the way down to show off. Hopefully before Angel could try, if he even did this sorta thing. Who were to say that heights or getting wet didn't get om his nerves? If that was the case, she'd drag him over the edge for the second round, that was for sure. It'd only make it more fun to her that he didn't want it.

@Dji

As they got to the temple entrance, Onache could just feel the energy surging behind the door. Unsettled and waiting for somepony to take that first step, so that it may be imprinted to fit the need of the one settling in. An impressive spell by the sphinx, and a gift that would not soon be forgotten.

Opening it up and looking at the bare stone, Onache cracked a vague smile, then took the first of many steps into her new domain.

Every step seemed to cause something to happen faster and faster. The walls got decorated with banners of her hive's new symbol, which were less about a hoof stomping down on a pony, and more one who showed her translucent wings and hair, shielding a half dozen slit eyes beneath it. A queen for her people now, rather than one who were to crush the opposition. What a strange turn things had taken, though if it meant to not having to cull her own eggs because the harvested love were not coming in abundance enough to sustain a larger hive, it would all be worth it. She had always hated getting used to that particular part of her role as queen.

The colors turned to ones befitting with her new form, and a throne rose in the middle of the large room, covered in fur reminiscent of that which she had around her neck, with several seats being made other places for the weary to sit. It were far less natural than the area where Thorax had ascended, but Onache lived in desert areas, and as such, her accommodations were more with that in mind rather than large mushrooms or things of that nature. The only mushroom that would grow in here, would be the same that were cultivated in many changeling hives: A bio-luminescent breed that helped get some soft light into the rooms and tunnels they usually lived in. It were from that that a soft blue light started to spread around the room, whilst the last blankets and the fountain came to be. The only thing left then were a place for her to sleep, which became carved out of the wall above her, and seemed to have a bed of moss within for her to lay down upon.

Spartanic really, compared to many leaders rooms, but it were exactly as she wished it to be. At least for the time being, though they would see once she had a chance to examine what happened beneath them, as a staircase had shown itself wandering deeper down into the rocks beneath them, over in the right back corner. A hatching area she hoped, as it were important for a hive, and they would save a lot of time if they had not to wait for those areas to be carved out by hoof.

"This is merely the beginning. My stepping stone to grow a hive, and this time, not one that needs to be constrained in numbers."

===========================================================================================

@Dji

"So you carry death on your shoulders? A burden best forgotten, let it brings you to your knees."

Causing the death of ones own village were likely a harsh thing to go through, and Enzo did not think it was easy to put behind you, but the fact of the matter were that the more guilt you ran around with, the more it would start to bring you down, and one day, it would consume you. Ponies lived such short, hectic lives, so keeping something like this for years on end did little more than to waste what precious few years they had on this earth, and were best tried to be put behind you.

"If you want to share your burden, you can speak of it, though I wonder why you carry it around with you, if it were but an accident. Do you think that your visions should have worked to save them?"

=============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Wow! So this is what the sea looks like? I've heard it plenty of times but nopony's description could do this justice." 

"What do you think, Lin? The edge over there where the water meets the sky at the horizon, do you think that's the edge of the world? Say we reach that part, we might fall over and we'd never get back. How far would we fall?"

"I don't know," Lin stepped forward, dipping her feet in the water and feeling them getting cold and wet. She missed those days when their father took them by the stream and they'd get their feet wet. It was simple but many good memories were shared there. "I probably don't want to find out though."

"According to my old teacher, the world have no edges to fall off, and beyond any horizon, eventually lies another country. I can't say for sure which one it is from here, but whichever one it is, it's bound to be better than falling off the edge of the world and into the great unknown."

Rosa wasn't even sure if the siblings listened to him as he said this, as he wasn't as far ahead as them. Feeling more weary by the step, he had halted at a rock that seemed polished enough to sit on without scratching his belly through the suit, and had at first wanted to climb on top of it to sit. However, as he tried, he found that he simply didn't possess enough energy for it right now, and instead sat down next to it, and looked at the others go around.

Omen had followed the siblings to the ocean too, though her interest seemed more in drinking from the water, then poke her head beneath the surface to see what was living under the waves around here. A position that caused Shrimp to get curious and try the same thing, though he quickly pulled his head back up from the water and spat out the seawater he had gotten in his mouth. It seemed that he were not a fan of the ocean.

Personally, Rosa didn't mind it, but he didn't enjoy being on or near it regardless. Seeing as he were raised to hide in the shadows and spy on things, it never really sat well with him to be in the open this much. Perhaps things would change now? They'd see, though he would admit that he liked the smell. The salty air had a certain aroma to it that were kind of relaxing.

"Let's rest up here for a moment and wait out the tide. I think we both could use some rest. Maybe I'll nap a bit."

"ZzZzZzZz."

Rosa had already dozed off when Sen came around, too tired to stay awake for long regardless, as the crash had started to really take root, and so far not besieged by nightmares it seemed. Either too tired to dream or they just hadn't taken root yet... They'd see, though for the time being, there were some calm over Rosa that were likely best not disturbed too much.

=============================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 11/17/2018 at 11:54 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Please hold your breaths,"

Null didn't know what she had expected when the officer suddenly shouted this out. Simply to me amazed? As a warning of something sinister that would happen? That he let one rip? Really, the options were plenty, but she had ignored it. Didn't matter if Void held her breath, Null didn't think it would be something that were going to be worth that, so she had just kept on as normal.

How she wish she hadn't...

"Urkh, what the hay is this? Oh, bucking gross."

talking in the black cloud weren't helping, but what the hay right, seeing as it were already seeped down into her lungs after it had just smashed into her face before. Thankfully if this were magic, it couldn't do jack to her, but whatever else this were or could do, it didn't change how disgusting it were, and what sorta damage it might else do. What sorta dust/smog could come from a ball that literally drained the life and minds out of victims?

While Null staggered off, trying to get her lungs cleared of the sudden intrusion, Void stood still, breath still held, but hoping that it would soon settle down, so that she may take a breath. She weren't used to holding it for so long, and her nervous nature didn't do well when something scared her like this, and she were unable to run her usual rapid breaths.

She'd wait for either Rising to start breathing again, or until she were nearly passed out from the lack of oxygen, before she'd take her hooves off her nostrils and take a series of deep breaths to get some air into her system again..

"B-Big sis, are y-you okay?"

"Somepony put a *cough* vacuum cleaner in my muzzle and *wheeze* get it over with."

Void looked at her big sister, worried as the mare breathed and exhaled deeply time and time again, in her attempt to rid herself of the smog/dust, though it was easier said than done with the coughing fits and attempts to speak up. She'd likely listen in another time when she were told to hold her breath.

"O-Officer Dusk, how a-about you?"

Seeing as her sister seemed fairly effective, but healthy so far, Void finally looked towards Rising to try and see how he were doing. Hopefully better, seeing as he had surely held his breath through it all, though with the smog/dust being something that she had no idea what were, who were to tell if it were magical, and currently affecting him in some way?

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

As much as the sight of the sea drew the siblings’ attention away from Rosa, they still heard what he had to say and the idea that the ocean beyond is much wider than their eyes can see is bewildering. Ripe for exploration but not at the moment, that such vastness can come off as incomprehensible to minds that work on smaller scales. It is an excitable idea, just not one that either sibling is willing to entertain at the moment. 

Sen had dozed off near Rosa, dusting off some of the sand on his hide and lay his head on the ground. Much needed relief on his part, knowing the pattern of his nightmares seemed to ease him into rest. They were mild for the most part, having already had the worst of his fears assuaged and having some good company in his midst was enough to keep him calm even in his slumber.

In the meantime, Lin sat down in the seawater, just idly letting time pass as the waves flowed and splashed on her hide. It was a familiar feeling, being absentminded while time passed. She spoke to Omen but closed her eyes and let the senses and sensations around her take effect, immersing herself into her surroundings. 

“It’s incredible to think there are lands further than what our eyes can see. Possibly unexplored ones! Is this your first time seeing the sea?” 

==========================================================================================================

Of course, the daredevil of a bunny Lotus is would jump at the chance to try jumping off the waterfall. Angel wanted to try that for the longest time but Fluttershy always warned her not to. Now that she’s not here…. The bunny raced up the side of the waterfall, climbing up and giving chase but always giving enough room to let Lotus know he was letting her go first. Once at the top, there was no hesitation; one jump into a front flip and a dive straight down. The flow of water downstream slowed down enough to keep the little bunnies from being dragged away to who-knows-where. 

Of course, the other animals took notice of this and stared at the two visitors. Their gaze didn’t last and they went back to their business save for one sloth hanging above. A creepy thing, especially coming from something Fluttershy considered cute. 

As for Nerzhei mentioning the polar opposites of the Elements of Harmony, the pegasus shuddered to think there were such things. The Pillars of Old Equestria planted the seed that paved the way for the tree and the elements to come into form, but what does it say when an opposite counterpart to the elements exist somewhere in the world? But that is another topic for another time, maybe something Twilight is in a better position to answer. 

“Actually, I was singing behind a curtain to fill in for somepony who lost his voice. And a baritone voice, at that. After everyone discovered it, I performed with the Ponytones for a smaller audience. I notice everyone in town spontaneously singing in tune a couple of times. Don’t know why but no pony seems to think it out of the ordinary. Well, now that you mentioned it… it is a little odd.”

What Fluttershy didn’t say about this, however, is that the spontaneous musical numbers happened more frequently around the holiday season. Although anything important and involving the whole town also tends to increase the chances of a musical number happening from out of nowhere. It is as if some higher power is compelling them to do that, and they are all hardwired to believe it is about as ordinary and routine as breathing.

“I guess the reason why I can sing to specific crowds is because I know them better. My animal friends and pony friends can accept my performance, flaws and all. Once I am on stage with ponies I don’t know, all I can imagine them saying is how I might mess up. I could imagine their voices and eyes, staring and whispering, and it makes me want to get away from it.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom@Moonlit
Nada just nodded after Serenade started leading them towards her place, one could say that it was dangerous to trust someone so quickly, but Nada couldn't find it from herself to distrust another siren. She was first bit confused at Cherish's words, but she then noticed Berry's reaction and figured she had done or asked something. She didn't say anything until she was being directly said something to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Blitz Boom
As before, Ruby walked deeper into the forest until she was sure she was far enough from Spicy, Marley didn't matter anymore since he already knew about her, but this time instead of bothering with traps, Ruby loosened the leather straps holding the box, and the chain of the necklace on her neck, not taking them totally off, after which she transformed.

She stretched a bit, letting out unintentional sounds of pleasure, it was so nice to be out of the limiting form of a pony, and it felt so nice to spread one's wings after them being non-existent for a while. But there was no time to waste, so Ruby sharpened her senses, and after a moment, she found a deer drinking water from small stream, fully unaware about the dragon that had just moved behind it. Ruby charged and easily caught the defenseless animal, but the deer did manage to let out a cry of panic before going down, sending birds around the area fly away screaming their own alarms.

Ruby finished feasting her prey pretty quickly, it was lot easier now that she was in her real form, and there was no need for separating things like bones and fur from the rest. After she had finished, Ruby transformed back to her pony form, tightened the straps and chain, cleaned herself up, and headed back to the group.

@Blitz Boom

A leaf glided slowly down a gust of wind, another joins it and the two swirl with the flow of the wind. A few more leaves join, and then as soon as the gust hits its gone. Then, hooves skitter against the ground at a rough angle, a slight neigh escapes. Her wings flitter as the pegasus adjusts oneself. "Landing, almost succeeded." She says to herself, stretching out her wings before shaking them off. Her scarf, once wrapped, comes undone amongst the shaking. She moves her hoof to adjust the scarf. Tossing it around rather quickly as she begins to walk. Her wall eyed stare going around her surroundings as she went. "Alright... Miss.... Miss... ah! There it is." She said, looking through her bag pulling out a letter. "Miss Circle Pop, now to deliver.." 

She went over to the mailbox of the candy shop, and put the letter inside. If Circle Pop were to open the letter it would read,

"Dear Circle Pop

Stories of your sweet little shop has reached my ears, and I have to visit! As a fellow candy maker, I would like to see your methods first hoof! My name is Butterscotch Puddin', my mane is midnight blue and butter yellow so you'll be able to spot me pretty easily. I'll be bringing by some of my signature sweets for you to try~ Please look forward to it, and hopefully I catch at a good time. I'll be on my way as soon as you receive this letter, as Ponyville is one of my stops this fall break. I've meaning to go for quite awhile.

Sincerely, 

Butterscotch Puddin'."

@Blitz Boom

If Rising Dusk had had the moment to explain more about what was going to happen, he could have.  Unfortunately he had to seize a moment he couldn't guarantee would pass again, resulting in the need to take a much longer and careful approach at the cursed eight-ball another time.  Call it a short cut, but his mind was quick enough to predict the outcome.  Well, he had hoped so at the time anyways.  In the end it pretty much paid off though.

The black smoke didn't have any magical properties and for the most part, minus a coughing fit, was harmless.  The smoke didn't linger long in the basement as it became thinner in moments and then settled down completely.  Rising Dusk had his breath held the whole time and finally took in some air his lungs craved when the smoke had settled enough.  His midnight blue coat and sunset hair had been covered in a black soot.  Reaching up with a hoof, he wiped the soft powder from his eyes before blinking them open as well.  Taking a moment to take in his surroundings, noticing that Void had at least heeded his warning while the smaller pegasus did not and earned herself a lung full of smoke for it.  He could only do so much.

"I am fine," he assured the younger sister.  "I saw a weak spot in the spell work.  Unraveling it the way I did caused the curse to collapse until it became a magic Smoke Bomb.  A common spell you see a lot of stage ponies use.  After a few minutes of coughing, your lungs will be fine," he tried to explain to the sisters.  Sure, if he had done it the long way he could have completely skipped filling the basement in black smoke.  However, he'd admit reducing the deadly objected to something simple and harmless was at this time, and with what energy Rising Dusk had, the more efficient approach.  The barrier dome on the table had vanished during the smoke and his magic itself had been extinguished.  His hoof moving up to rub the thin soot off his horn.  That would need some polishing tonight, and a long shower.  His beige hoodie also no longer it's original color, luckily he did laundry the other day.

As for the eight-ball itself, it simply sat on the table top, cracked open like a broken egg that dripped with the oil that suspended the fortune device when it was used for it's intended purpose.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

"That would be of help, yes," Watts agreed wholeheartedly. She managed to catch up to him and tried to catch her breath on the way to wherever they were going. "So, where are heading off to?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I hope it does," Aurora found herself agreeing with Onache, despite her earlier claims of not wanting to be a part of whatever hive Onache would create. "Why did I say that? Why am I following you? I've never done this sort of thing before!"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"I carry it around with me as a reminder of consequences. Consequences of not controlling my power and keeping a tight rein on it. Consequences of how things can go horribly wrong with one wrong step, or even one death of a butterfly. I can't exactly forget all that when it's such a burden but such a big reminder at the same time, can I?" Karmic questioned Enzo and looked at him with a sudden tired look. "I've always been dazed by the amount of visions I get just walking around Ponyville, heck, even walking around Equestria. Ending up here after getting out of prison by a Serpanther was a big focus for me and let me harness my endless visions a tiny bit."

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta, @Seamore Sandwich

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Crowds are always a huge hurdle for anypony. Even I found crowds hard to handle when I first came here from Canterlot. But I got over it because, well, this is a bit on the negative side, but you, Fluttershy, and all our other friends, forced me to get over my fears and be a part of crowds. I know forcing you is a bad thing, but sometimes, a little force is necessary just to give that tiny push to get things started," Twilight spoke, looking at Fluttershy for the entirety of her little speech but knew Nerzhei was listening in as well.

@Dji

"It's instinct. Even if you do not wish to join my hive, it lies in a drone's nature to follow a queen. That I am not the one who spawned you makes little difference, unless you can feel the pull from your own queen, and the lingering touch of her hive mind."

"It was part of one of my scouting reports. I ended up seeing it happen to quite a few of the loners, exiles, and you know, traitors. Sorta seemed like a common theme if they didn't keep their wits about 'em."

Happy chimed in and grinned down at Aurora. It was kinda funny to him to see this sort of behavior again, though he had seen some that were quite a bit more affected, and wouldn't snap out of their daze for hours, or even days. He didn't have the issue, since he had never been able to connect to the hive mind in the first place, and wasn't born a changeling, so he were better steeled against these sorta impulses. Perk of being a transformed halfling he supposed.

"You don't go worry your head about it though. It's just an impulse, and now that you know it went on, I'm sure you can keep yourself in check. Don't worry about it one bit, alright?"

============================================================================================

@Dji

The sphinx growled as the word *Serpanther* came up in Aurora's conversation. Before that, he had simply listened, and taken in what information he were given about her need for keeping these memories as a reminder, though hearing of the infernal breed had derailed his mind for a moment, and given him a harsh look in his eyes to accompany the growl.

"Pesky abominations created by the time wanderer. They serve no purpose but to be a mockery upon all that is natural, and their master is a fiend who meddles in things that is not for him to change. I harbor no good will towards either of them."

There were quite a bit of sphinxes that knew how to see through time, and get sight on what had been, or what might come to pass, yet the time wanderer had meddled in that delicate weave oftentimes enough to be marked as an enemy of the sphinx. If not for his great power, they would have hunted him down and reduced him to sand centuries ago, yet as it stood, all they could truly do were to scorn him, and his disgusting little creations. Disgusting filth the lot of them.

"As for your memories, what you do with them is your own. I know only of the stories that tells of the downfall that comes from those who refuses to sheath their grief, and you ponies live such short, easily-ended lives. It seemed meaningless to me that you would chose to use of your tiny lifespan to think of this, though your reasoning holds merit. That I will give you."

=========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Dji @Seamore Sandwich

On 11/20/2018 at 3:41 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Actually, I was singing behind a curtain to fill in for somepony who lost his voice. And a baritone voice, at that. After everyone discovered it, I performed with the Ponytones for a smaller audience. I notice everyone in town spontaneously singing in tune a couple of times. Don’t know why but no pony seems to think it out of the ordinary. Well, now that you mentioned it… it is a little odd.”

"Among dragons, the stereotypes about ponies aren't exactly few in numbers, but I had hoped that the spontaneous singing and dancing weren't true. It sounds utterly irritating to witness a spectacle to some mundane topic."

Granted, Nerzhei did enjoy a bit of music, but the dragons that could sing well were few in numbers in her experience, and the topics there tended to be grand ballads about themselves or stories of greater ones who they remembered through their tunes. It was respectful and/or grandiose most of the time, yet the things that she had been told ponies could sing about... Flowers? Picking up groceries? How blue the sky were? This just seemed like a waste of time with no substance to it.

"But perhaps I shall save some judgement for when I see it for myself. If nothing else, at least I can just leave if it gets on my nerves."

“I guess the reason why I can sing to specific crowds is because I know them better. My animal friends and pony friends can accept my performance, flaws and all. Once I am on stage with ponies I don’t know, all I can imagine them saying is how I might mess up. I could imagine their voices and eyes, staring and whispering, and it makes me want to get away from it.”

5 hours ago, Dji said:

"Crowds are always a huge hurdle for anypony. Even I found crowds hard to handle when I first came here from Canterlot. But I got over it because, well, this is a bit on the negative side, but you, Fluttershy, and all our other friends, forced me to get over my fears and be a part of crowds. I know forcing you is a bad thing, but sometimes, a little force is necessary just to give that tiny push to get things started,"

Nerzhei listened to the two ponies talking about the forcing of a pony, stage fright, and the boundaries of what kind of attention became too difficult for Fluttershy. It helped to get a better picture into how the pegasus worked, even if it did not address why she had such a low view on herself in the first place. Likely a personal thing that weren't any of the dragons business.

"The princess have a point, though I think it needs to be altered a little. Instead of just pushing you into things, perhaps a gradual system would work better? Take the situations where you feel comfortable being more relaxed, such as singing around your animals or friends, and then try to add one being who isn't your enemy, or a complete stranger, but someone that you know somewhat okay, and try to work through that? Some numbers could be added the longer things went and perhaps help you feel more comfortable around others, so that you can force yourself to stand up a little.

I don't think this is the first thing to do, but it might be an idea for down the line."

Meanwhile, whilst all of this went on, Lotus rose her head from the water and spat out a stream of water, as if she were a little fountain.

"Hehe, I haven't tried this in a long time, but it's still all kinds of fun. You okay Angel?"

She looked around until her eyes would fall on Angel before saying the last three words, which gave her a bit more of a glance of their surroundings.

Of course, the other animals took notice of this and stared at the two visitors. Their gaze didn’t last and they went back to their business save for one sloth hanging above. A creepy thing, especially coming from something Fluttershy considered cute.

They had apparently gotten a brief amount of attention from the other animals, but they had quickly gotten to the point of not caring about them one bit. Might be they just registered the movement and got curious or something. Frankly she didn't know, and it didn't matter either. What was important was that they kept their noses to themselves when it came to something that didn't include them at all.

That were, unito her eyes fell on one creeper that weren't done looking at them. What sort of creature this were she had no idea, as she had never seen a creature like this before, but no matter what it were, she didn't care for the starring one bit, and rose her paws up in boxing position, while her downward ears framed her scowl well.

"Hey you. You got a problem or something?"

@Lucid_Nightlight

"₵ØⱠĐ. Đ₳₦₲ɆⱤ, ⱧɆⱠ₱?"

Henry pointed around on all of them, once at a time, until a light bulb went off over Anomaly's head. She were about to say something when Henry surprisingly quickly snatched it from her head and brought it up to his face. It seemed like he were trying to do something with it, as he began poking to it harder and harder, though the glass wasn't breaking.

"Well there went that idea, but meh, I think I got something of what he meant too. That's something I guess. I think that *Danger* is his way of saying *Creator*. Thinking that nopony told him how it were supposed to sound like. And well, he destroys wood because the poor thing is cold. Here you go Henry!"

Anomaly snapped her tail, and the pile of wood the creature had already gathered set ablaze, which immediately caught his attention and made him drop the light bulb before running over, and diving on top of the fire. Normally the fire should go around and spread from this impact really, but Anomaly played nice and pulled the pieces back with a few more snaps before something got set on fire. This was a new town and Henry had already done a good chunk of damage. It just wouldn't be the same to mess it up further. Besides, it would ruin the nice scene of seeing the large creature nesting on top of his pyre, seemingly fireproof and looking as calm as something like him likely could.

"ⱧɆ₦ⱤɎ ₩₳Ɽ₥."

"Awh, aren't he just precious? Mommy's destructive little gargantuan."

================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Omen had lifted her head out of the water mere seconds before Lin had started to talk to her. Not because she knew that the longma were going to say anything, but because a crab had put its pincers into her nose, and she were now looking at it confused, while it tried to make her go away. It didn't really work, as she just took a few steps back to see what would happen, but it did get Shrimp's attention that something were hogging Omen.

"Shriiiiimp!"

With the tiny battle-roar, he floated forward and attacked the crab on sight, causing them both to fall down while they were fighting, and hitting the sand. What came next wouldn't be a pretty sight, but on the bright side, Shrimp would get the chance to taste flame-roasted crab now, and from the way he went at it, he seemed like a fan of it.

"Twice. One time Master Discord made the ocean come to us. Many ponies looked weird when he did, but master laughed. Must have been fun.

Last time I went there looking for somepony. Strange pony I knew. He was in the ocean. Lots of water went through the gate. Mother didn't like it. Made me put it back again. Siblings had fun though. Sometimes ask where the strange liquid is now.

I like rivers more, I think? Ocean have strange things that pinch. Large fish with big teeth too. Siblings liked those fish."

@Catpone Cerberus 

When Ruby got back, Spicy had just returned with the water and Marley were strapped in once again, sated and smelling faintly of fish. Though to Ruby, that smell might be stronger, though it should likely not be a surprise. He was a griffon after all, not a pony. It wasn't in his dietary needs to be fully vegetarian.

"Ah, you return. I hope you finished your business in peace."

"Well this place have been pretty dead, so I guess there's little to be afraid off. Darn weird that there's not even a timberwolf. Those buggers tend to be on our flanks sooner or later. Something must've spooked 'em."

Marley smirked a little behind her back, and sent a knowing look towards Ruby.

"Eh, whatever. Ready to leave this dump and get on with our lives?"

@Rising Dusk

"A s-smoke bomb? Guess t-that explains it, t-though I'm just happy that N-Null will be okay. I don't k-know what I'd do if she..."

A faint whining sound came from Void's throat as she had a short, yet vivid image of her sister actually being gone for good passed through her mind. Sadly, the two of them had seen enough bodies that it were not hard for her to see in striking details how bad it could end, and in enough angles to fill some ponies nightmares for most of their lives. Hopefully she'd never have to be faced with that again, so that such things wouldn't come to her mind that easily in the future.

"A-Anyway, I'm happy that y-you're safe too, officer. i-it's uhm... Got to b-be tough though, r-right? Dealing with h-horrendous things like this? N-Not just draining, but also m-mentally?

P-Perhaps we need to let you b-breathe a little now. Perhaps let you g-get a shower too? Your uhm... W-Work uniform have gotten d-dirty."

Among other things, but she didn't want to say to somepony that they looked filthy. Especially since the only thing stopping her and Null from looking as covered, were that their coats were already pitch black, leaving mostly just Null's hat and her bandanna as something that could be stained by smoke like this. Thinking it over, why hadn't she used said bandanna to cover her muzzle? Not the smartest moment of her life now that she had the chance to think about it.

Void's eye fell on the magic 8 ball as she glanced around at things now that the smoke were more or less gone, and took a small step back away from it. She wasn't sure what sort of thing that it oozed with, but considering what it used to do, she couldn't count on it being just some sort of oil, when it was potentially some kind of poisonous goo, or worse. Thank Celestia that they were done with that one, though some of the other things... No, they'd worry about that when time came. They couldn't keep testing to find Rising's breaking point right now anyway. It would eventually just go wrong.

After a few minutes had passed, Null seemed to be up and running somewhat optimally again, just as the officer had said, though after all that couching, her breathing were still trying to adjust again. It shouldn't take long though, hopefully.

"That was revolting. Did you *wheeze* learn anything from it at least, or what?"

======================================================================================================

@PickFairy

Pop heard the letter go into the box, but with how cluttered the shop were, she couldn't go out to meet the deliverymare in time, and merely saw the far-away figure of Derpy flutter off to her next delivery, break, or whatever else it were that the mare did. A shame really, as she wanted to give the mare something that she had cooked up recently, but alas, the small bag dangling from its string in her muzzle would have to wait for another time.

It wasn't much that she saw the mare around, and had mostly needed to ask around to understand something more about the mare with the lazy eye, but the notion of her being a cupcake fanatic had gotten through clearly, which were why the mailmare would be the perfect tester for her new Lemon Cupcake Toffees. It weren't the same consistency as an actual baked good, but the taste seemed to be there to Pop at least, so she wanted somepony in the know to try it. Sure Pinkie were an option, but that mare came around often, so there was no need to chase after her, and Pop wanted to do something nice for the mailmare.

Plus open up for a larger customer base of course, but that were the point of many of her recipes. This attempt at making baked goods into sweets were just one of the newer ones, and considering how many - herself included - that enjoyed going to the bakery in town, she figured that it wouldn't just be fun to actually do, but could be good for business. Not that she really needed it, as she actually had quite a large savings account so far, but if she ever were to move to Canterlot to set up shop closer to her mate, she needed a large and varied selection in her shop, as well as a larger establishment. That's were the bits she didn't use to import ingredients and travel mostly went.

Oh well, she'd have to think of such things later, and when she opened, see if she could find somepony to give word to Derpy that she had a gift for the pegasus. For now though  time to see what had been dropped off in her mailbox.

Taking the paper out and reading through it, Pop ended up just blinking where she stood, and reading it over a few times to see if she got it right. Somepony actually traveled to learn from her, and compare crafts?

She were dumbfounded, though slowly, a smile crept unto her face.

Even though Pop had been in this business for around 10 years now, she had never really been sought out by other candy makers before. A few had ventured near and figured they'd drop by, just to see how much better their own work were compared to a shop in a dingy little town like this, though none of them wanted to share or talk about these kinds of things. Likely out of pride, but the point were that whenever she had been in a situation where she compared, learned and taught others, it had been when she were the one doing the travels to others. This marked the first time that somepony actually wanted to come over and go through this on her own turf.

If the earth pony had wings, she'd flutter in the air out of pure joy, though as she didn't, it stayed at a good smile, whilst she folded the letter, put it in her pocket, and went back into her store. She had to make sure that it looked presentable for the customers, and prepare some things for her guest.

Things did not turn out to go that easily unfortunately. As some of the workers repairing town had gotten into accidents, a few hooves were needed here and there to help sort some things, and Pop had been one of the volunteers. It ended up taking quite a long time, as it had been a hectic mess a few times where the forepony had thundered at the previous shift workers shoddy work that then needed to be redone, but eventually as night began to approach, she went on her way back from the school, content that she had done all she could, though unfortunately, she had forgotten all about her visitor that may come at any moment now. This may end up being quite a bit more messy than she had wished for it to be.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"Well, looks like you have a son I guess. You might wanna save up on his college fund as soon as you can, I hear those student loans can be quite a mess."

"Where will you put him?"

"I'm pretty sure Anomaly has some sort of island."

If anyone looked around, they would see a whole bunch of ponies going about their business as if this sort of thing was normal.

"This happens a lot here. Well, usually it's some kind of dragon, but it's still the same concept I guess."