Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Think we'll ever see a villain in MLP that's an earth pony?

ManaMinori

and I respectfully have to disagree with you. If you alicorns were truly immortal, then they would have absolutely no need to reproduce, pass on genes, and manage the birth rate at sustainable levels for their race (and it was established within the Journal of the Two Sisters that Luna and Celestia were once foals, raised by other alicorns in Canterlot at the time, and that they are simply much longer lived than unicorns, earth ponies, and pegasi (not immortal) So since Celestia and Luna had to have been born out of copulation at some point, then there must be need for alicorns to breed, meaning that they can die and are not immortal. (I think of it like the Gods and goddesses from Ah! My Goddess. They're deities (although Celestia and Luna are not), but while they're longer lived than humans, of course, they can, in fact die, and just don't need to reproduce and spawn offspring as often, due to a treaty with demons that prevent either side from actually killing each other in combat. But they can age and die, naturally, when their elongated life comes to an end at some point.)

But I digress. DT moving onto bigger things than school yard bullying and actually being considered a threat for other ponies would be nice to see, I think.

Aw crap. I didn't read the Journal of the two sisters, and from what you said I totally agree that the princesses are in fact not immortal. However, the fact that the princesses aren't immortal does not invalidate my argument. Even though it is impossible for earth pony magic to convey immortality, the fact remains that it can give extreme longevity and other powers as well. Remember that one scene in the show where Tirek summoned that large wave of earth? I theorize that he channeled earth pony magic to use that ability, corrupting their natural link to the earth. Likewise, a powerful earth pony bent on doing evil could probably utilize their magical connection to the earth to render the land infertile, causing famine until his/her selfish demands were met. This is just one of the reasons I believe an earth pony would make a great villain.

EDIT: Spelled Tirek's name wrong. I hope he doesn't steal my magic in retaliation! I also used a when I should have used an. Inexcusable, I deserve to be hanged.                        

Edited by Stormgiggle
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really mind if it's an earth pony or otherwise as long as it's a sophisticated villain. I would really like to see a villain that has good intentions but uses unsound methods to meet their ends, instead of those cardboard cut-out villains that look like demons from hell or suffer from laughing gas disorder.

Edited by Giygas
  • Brohoof 1

To the ponies who mentioned robots an robotnic, how about steam punk tech? Would it be challenging enough for the mane 6? I ask because I don't know a lot about steampunk, but it seems like a level of tech that might fit in well with the mlp universe. Maybe the evil inventor lives in manehatten?

I don't know about villains but there is at least one great earth pony ANTAGONIST:

Cheese Sandwich.

I totally identify with him as an antagonist.  I don't want him to win, but if he did, I'd not be unhappy with his success.

And when it's resolved positively, I'm happy too.