Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm genuinely excited for this movie. I love villain songs, and seeing as the villains are singers, there have to be at least like 3.

Also, Aria and Sonata are so cute ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Do you think that in this movie, Sunset Shimmer will return to Equestria?

I find that very unlikely, she's now best friends with the Mane 5 from Canterlot High, there's no reason for her to leave them.

If anything, this movie seems to be establishing her as a primary character in the EQG universe, possibly a surrogate Twilight Sparkle as EquestriaGuy suggested earlier.

And although it would be cool to have her play a role in at least 1 FiM episode, I'm afraid the staff would be reluctant to do so, because 'Fandom Drama'. :please:

And although it would be cool to have her play a role in at least 1 FiM episode, I'm afraid the staff would be reluctant to do so, because 'Fandom Drama'. :please:

I've never gotten the sense that they would ever shy away from drama. After all, it seems all the writers have to do to generate drama is open Microsoft Word, so why even bother avoiding it?

• Brohoof 2

I've never gotten the sense that they would ever shy away from drama. After all, it seems all the writers have to do to generate drama is open Microsoft Word, so why even bother avoiding it?

That's true, but they've always been pretty adamant in reassuring people that FiM wouldn't be influenced by EQG.

This was posted  just yesterday, for instance:

https://twitter.com/ishiH3Art/status/510564040158871552

I find that very unlikely, she's now best friends with the Mane 5 from Canterlot High, there's no reason for her to leave them.

If anything, this movie seems to be establishing her as a primary character in the EQG universe, possibly a surrogate Twilight Sparkle as EquestriaGuy suggested earlier.

Just a random that came to mind. 

Edited by Brainstorm

Do you think that in this movie, Sunset Shimmer will return to Equestria? Because I think that Sunset Shimmer and The Geat and Powerful Trixie from Equestria can do some real good in Equestria.

No, likely Sunset Shimmer will be asked to watch over the Dazzling's if redeemed, or is given the option and chooses to remain behind with her friends.

I love option B. That friends is called character development and a fully completed arc. In fact ... book it ... it's gonna happen. :D

Just a random thought that came to mind.

Do you all think that EG: Rainbow Rocks will be released on DVD in time for Christmas? I figure it will be, because newly-released DVDs before Christmas are huge moneymakers, and we all know that's what Hasbro is looking to do--make money. :P

DVD release is October 28th http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Girls/dp/B00LOCLANY

So, yeah... All alliances will be battling on the Battle of the Bands.

There's S&S

Then there's eco-dude

Flash and his companions are there

CMC are playing too.... wait, are they playing the same song from that episode?

Trixie will play too.

OCTAVIA BATTLES WITH HER CELLO AND DOING IT SOLO!!!!  :wub: 

Say, any other ways to watch the movie other than DVD and going to theatre? I heard that the movie will be played on HUB, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Kneesocks

Say, any other ways to watch the movie other than DVD and going to theatre? I heard that the movie will be played on HUB, but I'm not sure.

The movie will air on The Hub on October 17th, though the TV version of the previous movie had a handful of scenes cut to fit the time slots, so I'd recommend getting the DVD or waiting for the iTunes release.

So from what I know so far, the movie is most likely either gonna be good in a 7/10 way, or be the worst thing ever. But there's still a chance that I'll be pleasantly surprised with the final result.

But I'd say they're releasing too many trailers. It's like they gave away the entire movie already.

I think this was the best trailer so far. Just a side note, Hasbro is stupid, but Nickelodeon is more stupid.

How exactly is Nick's advertisement worst? It's been years since I been on the Nickelodeon channel (about 2005/2006, I left when Spongebob and Fairly went through what most called Seasonal Rot and  went to the Disney Channel where I ACTUALLY enjoyed some of the sitcoms on there from 2005 to today.)

How exactly is Nick's advertisement worst? It's been years since I been on the Nickelodeon channel (about 2005/2006, I left when Spongebob and Fairly went through what most called Seasonal Rot and  went to the Disney Channel where I ACTUALLY enjoyed some of the sitcoms on there from 2005 to today.)

the one good thing that nick had they got rid of :/

If you haven't seen the channel since then, don't watch it. SpongeBob has gone even further with horrors like "One Coarse Meal" and "Demolition Doofus," and still airs it more than ever, and FoP has lost most of it's charm with poorly made live-action films next to it. There are a lot of YouTube crap that they aired (Fred the Show, Awesomeness TV, Breadwinners, etc.), and the live action sitcoms are as low-budget as can be (The Thundermans, The Haunted Hathaways, etc), and any time they come across a good show like Robot and Monster, they can it after one season and pretend it doesn't exist since it's premiere date. Their scheduling is really mixed up, out of order, and uneven. They listen to no criticisms and just keep doing the same old thing. Plus a million other problems. Disney really only has one or two, they overrely on sitcoms that aren't really good despite having a lot of variety, and they have 0 cartoons. If you want a quality kid's channel, I'd pick Cartoon Network.

To answer your original question, they either overhype or undehype stuff and usually flat-out lie about what they're airing.

Noting by second 15 of the ad RR seems to take place after Season 5 starts in that the it looks like the friendship castle [purple floor somewhat crystally and lotso books]  And Hey if that's true, the castle looks more friendly with a thousand books or so.

So I guess you guys all heard or heard of the newly released Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks soundtrack? I was browsing through the songs (which, are REALLY good in my opinion. Check 'em out), and I came across this song. It's probably my favorite song from the soundtrack:

"Shine Like Rainbows" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOzD10kjos

Ok, when I first heard this song, I really liked it, naturally. But I noticed something in the song that really has me hopeful. From 0:52 to 1:00 in the video (link above), this line is sung:

"And when the music comes alive, we sing a song to lift us up so we can shine"

I listened to that line a couple of times, and I don't recognize that singing voice. It definitely doesn't sound like anyone from the Mane Six singing that line. I mean, I guess it could have been Twilight singing, but I think (and hope) that was Sunset Shimmer's voice.

I mean, come on, who wouldn't FLIP OUT if Sunset Shimmer sang? Well, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but what do you guys think? Is it possible? I know Twilight's singing voice and Sunset Shimmer's speaking voice is the same (Rebecca Shoichett is the voice actress, I think), but I'm still hoping. Can't blame a girl for dreaming, right? *crosses fingers*
Edited by Hyperactive_Y0utuber