Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

If we get more good music, I am all for it. I see no reason to hate the idea.

I agree but, How does twilight know about the battle of the bands? other then a few little flaws here and there, It sound good. :D

I  honesty think that this movie is going to follow in the footsteps of that 80's popular cartoon Jem And The Holograms which will be a live action movie also ! So maybe this Equestria Girls 2 movie will have your favorite Loving Muffin Pony rock your asses off !  Yeah who knows if Derpy Hooves will be a metal singer but it shall be awesome with us Wonderbolts  of cloudsdale!

I can't wait for this movie! I love the Equestria Girls series! I also have a theory about Adagio Dazzle that I have shared on other sites:

Adagio Dazzle is the human form of the demon who possessed Sunset Shimmer at the Fall Formal.

One of the plot points might involve Adagio making friends with Sunset Shimmer, who is helping out with the Humane 6’s band. However, Adagio says some weird things to Sunset that she doesn’t understand. Two such examples are "Remember me? We met at the Fall Formal?" and "This isn't really my home, I live in a better place than here". Whenever Adagio says these statements, Sunset will reply to them with statements like “You weren’t at the Fall Formal! I never saw you attend it!” (her response to the first statement I made up) and "I suppose you lived in the Crystal City!" (her response to the second statement, which suggests that Adagio lived in the human version of the Crystal Empire before moving to the Canterlot High area, but Adagio tells Sunset that she didn't live in the Crystal City, and would rather not tell her about where she formerly lived.) In the climax of the film, Sunset is shocked at Adagio after she says, "I hate this pathetic little high school. I wish that it and Equestria could be ruled BY ME!", and it cuts to a flashback of demon Sunset saying "Spoiler alert. I was bluffing when I said I was going to destroy the portal! I don't want to rule this pathetic little high school, I want Equestria!" After this, Sunset claims that Adagio's statement about ruling Equestria and the school sounded a bit familiar, and Sunset comes to the conclusion that Adagio turned her into a demon during the Fall Formal, and she might be disguising as a demon (or whatever Hasbro decides to call the creature Sunset became), because when she was in Equestria, she read about how these demons possess ponies (and sometimes people) and transform them into what they look like in order try to carry out their dark wishes and desires for them. This angers Adagio, and she transforms. Lo and behold, she is the demon who possessed Sunset, and due to what Sunset read about demons once, Adagio's demon form looks identical to Sunset's demon form during the Fall Formal. Adagio claims that she just wanted to make friends with Sunset by helping her impress her demon kingdom by taking over Equestria and the human world. Sunset eventually battles her (this may be a musical number), and just as she is about to be defeated in the battle, she gains her pony ears and magic powers that make her strong. Then, she tells Adagio about the true meaning of friendship. This theory may work out because we do not know much about Adagio yet, and Hasbro might be trying to hide something about her...

In addition, Adagio and her friends' pony forms appear like regular ponies, but with strange, see through wings, so they aren't earth, unicorn, pegasus, or alicorn ponies. Due to this, maybe Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk (her supposed two friends) are supposed to represent Snips and Snails' demon forms (Sonata is blue like Snips' form, though Aria's pale pink does not look a lot like Snails' form. Then again, Adagio's skin color is not the same as Sunset Shimmer's demon form).

Now, for those of you who think "Oh, the Element of Harmony rejected her, that's why she was a demon!", I think it would be surprising if Hasbro revealed that Adagio was the cause of Sunset Shimmer turning into a demon! Even if this theory isn't true, I'm still cosplaying as Demon Sunset Shimmer because she is the best demon!

(edited)

I do not care about anything else, I just want to say this...

I loved the first movie. That's it.

BUT...

This movie is titled "Rainbow Rocks"... so, it is going to be about rainbows, rock and roll and RAINBOWS that ROCK AND ROLL!!! Now, I like rainbows AND rock and roll, so to me it is sounding pretty sweet, as it is... but WAIT! There is more... as it appears Rainbow Dash is going to be more-or-less a central character in the movie, and she is my favourite, better yet she and the rest of the gang are going to form a ROCK BAND titled "The Sonic Rainbooms". OK, awesomeness getting pretty high right here... not only that but they will have rainbow accents in their hair and concert hall, going to have a SICK ROCK CONCERT in sweet 80's style (think crazy hairdos and sick facepainting... KISS taught them well  :fiery: ), Rainbow Dash is going to achieve a Sonic Rainboom-like effect when reaching the pinnacles of guitar shredding and all sorts of supporting characters are going to be there rocking out!!!!!!!

*sheds a single, manly tear*

I imagine this is what Valhalla is like.

The only downside is that, I think, despite what Hasbro has announced, the released shorts, or at least parts of them, are going to be in the movie, which will kind of suck, since we already saw those parts.   :(

Just the opening title "Rainbow Rocks" sigh with the light bulbs and the guitar shred... so... awesome...  :wub:

And while I love "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" more than "My Little Pony: Equestria Girls", I just now realised that humanized ponies have ONE very significant advantage over their regular counterparts... they have fingers (big woof)...

and...

they can

ROCK
AND
ROLL

with them!!!! \m/ >.< \m/

I dunno, maybe the Rolling Stones concert is getting to me, but either way I stand firmly by this post. :D

Edited by dart_vaider

Okay, I get that the magic mirror portal opens every 30 moons but that is, like, 2 1/2 years! Is it the case that season 4 happened over the course of 2 1/2 years? I just think it seems a little long. Don't get me wrong. I LOVED Equestria Girls but, unless they find a new way to get to the human world, It doesn't seem completely realistic. Also what is the scenario for Twilight to go back? I think at least the second one will be covered in the movie though so I am really looking forward to it!

• Brohoof 1

I just hope EqG: Rainbow Rock will be or better or as same good as EqG.

Usually a sequel (don't know if we can call Rainbow Rocks a sequel) isn't as good as the first movie.

But maybe this will be the exception on the rule :) 

I'm not a big fan of Equestria movie but I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. 

The waiting between two seasons of MLP is long so the Equestria movies  shortens the waiting a bit

(edited)

Does this movie have a plot? Like, I know the premise of the movie (standard Battle of the Bands story you always see in these doll movies), but I can't find any synopsis or anything that goes beyond, "The girls form a band and have tons of fun." The general impression I'm getting from all the media released so far is that EQG 2 is just the characters "having fun" for 75 minutes. Am I the only one getting that vibe?

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

Howdy all!

RR is DVD BluRay Bound on Oct.28TH according to EQD Via Amazon.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/07/rainbow-rocks-gets-blu-ray-release-date.html

Plus the movie will be shown at Harkins Theaters all over the US.

See link http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/07/rainbow-rocks-heading-to-harkins.html

I fer one will get the DVD once its out.

Theres no Harkins theater in my area so no biggie.

See ya!

I enjoyed the first EqG's, and from what I've seen from this, it looks like it'll be even more enjoyable. I don't care if it ends up being bad, because I'm a sucker for the "Battle of the Bands" plot, and considering the music from this show, I have nothing to worry about.  :derp:

I have two opinions on this. #1 Well the songs are catchy but I feel like they are getting lazy by reusing the same tune from other songs. Just because there are different lyrics does not make much of a difference. 

#2 Will Twilight and her band have to compete against Flash Sentry's band? 

I liked the original movie. It was weak, but they pulled off the designs and managed to keep me interested. I don't know about this movie. I wonder where Twilight would come from, the traditional version teleporting there or the existing out of town human one moving in? And though the Rainow Rocks shorts were enjoyable, I don't know if it's enough material to fill in 90 minutes. But we'll have to see. 

Im excited! I loved Equestria Girls! I just hope that in the movie, it isn't a dream like in the book, or its going to ruin the whole Battle Of The Bands point.

And maybe Rainbow Dash might get her own song, since there are supposed to be 12 songs in Rainbow Rocks!  :lol:

I liked Equestria girls don't get me wrong, I really do but I hope this doesn't become a bad habit Equestria girls movie but I am still going to watch the movie hopefully sunset shimmer would be in the movie

Rebecca Shoichet herself twitted that Sunny will show up in Rainbow Rocks, and she's going to sing according to a tweet of her Latin American VA

(edited)

Guys. Big Synopsis coming out

Capture.PNG

Apparently, Sunset Shimmer is really reformed and she might be the one that informed Twilight about the event.

Also, now whenever i heard the VA of Sunset Shimmer, I wanted to shout like Solrac/Yaplap

Edited by Metagross
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Guys. Big Synopsis coming out

Capture.PNG

Apparently, Sunset Shimmer is really reformed and she might be the one that informed Twilight about the event.

Also, now whenever i heard the VA of Sunset Shimmer, I wanted to shout like Solrac/Yaplap

Ah, damn. Beat me to it.

Anyway, I actually think this sounds like it'd be better than the original EQG - I'm actually really excited for it :D

Plus, Rarity's going to be playing a keytar :wub:

large.png

Edited by ghostfacekiller39