Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

I really REALLY was not expecting to like it as much as I did. Yet here I am practically fit to burst with fangasming. This is coming from someone who really did not like the first Eqg or how the concept was executed.

My favorite thing about this is they are making the human mane five (well soon to be six with hume twilight) Different characters than their counterparts in Equestria. Human Rainbow dash is going to have different goals and character development than Pony dash, eventually they will be their own seperate individuals and that is really REALLY awesome (to use one of her words). Same goes for the others, they are going to be their own people and that is facinating.

Then this Journal concept is a stroke of genius. Pony Twilight sharing letters with Sunset shimmer when she needs advice... I bucking love everything about that. The fact Hume Twilight is going to be a thing in the future makes me love it even more. Who better to give advice on how to approach Twilight Sparkle the human than Twilight Sparkle the Alicorn princess? How trippy is that? Same could happen with the other characters, like human rainbow dash getting scolded by her more matured pony counterpart over the page of a journal! Literally they can help themselves who are not themselves... just ..just so much win going on right now :wub:

And Sunset man. That bland antagonist became someone I am genuenly interested in seeing more of. She could become one of my faves, her change was that interesting.

Hasbro... Hasbro you are awesomesause, keep doin your thing!

I am Buck Testa, and I surprisingly liked an equestria girls movie! Who else had the same happen!

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 6

Yeah, I've heard it wasn't as terribad as the first one.

Am still skeptical, though.

I gots a link to a cam rip if ya wants it.

And I did find it alot more enjoyable than the first,but compared to other contemporary movies I did not find it that amazing. It was better than the first, but certainly no genre defining 9/10 scored movie. 

I gots a link to a cam rip if ya wants it.

And I did find it alot more enjoyable than the first,but compared to other contemporary movies I did not find it that amazing. It was better than the first, but certainly no genre defining 9/10 scored movie.

And hear overly quirky movie theater bronies shout and scream every time...I dunno...Twilight moves her arm?

"OH MY GOD

TWILIGHT MOVES HER ARM

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SH*T?

ASSFADSFSDAD"

Thanks, friend, but I'm gonna wait for the YouTube thing to come out. It happened with the first one, just a week after release.

If any thing, a friend of mine can just torrent it for me.

And hear overly quirky movie theater bronies shout and scream every time...I dunno...Twilight moves her arm?

"OH MY GOD

TWILIGHT MOVES HER ARM

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SH*T?

ASSFADSFSDAD"

Thanks, friend, but I'm gonna wait for the YouTube thing to come out. It happened with the first one, just a week after release.

If any thing, a friend of mine can just torrent it for me.

Nah, the one I was watching was a 90% empty theater and the camera was mounted up on a tri-pod.

Because that few people went to see it.

The movie was good. I liked the plot. Music was good. But could of been longer. Sucks that the Dazzlings didn't get one last scene. I wanted Sonata have one last scene. She's my favorite Dazzling member. The ending though. It looks like a third movie will come out in a year or whenever it's announced. 

Edited by Shadowbolt192

...but it still felt like MLP and I still liked it.  But a battle of the bands? Really? If that actually happened I think it would be a sad day for all us pony folk.

School of rock meets MLP. Hide! Jack Black has a voice role in MLP!!

And, if you look at the top of the poster, you see Vinyl Scratch. Sorry, Vinyl, but I don't remember you ever having any special role in the show. :(

On reflection, one cool thing about it was that the

band conflicts are all because of different motivations in being part of a band.

RD wanted the recognition (fame fortune gals guys). 

Rarity liked the costumes

Pinkie, Fun

Flutters likes the music

AJ was there -- perhaps for friends.

Character conflict fit.

Did anyone else enjoy Rainbow Rocks more than anything they've ever done in MLP? Better than any episode even?

I'm feeling like I'm the only one despite everyone liking the movie. Must've not been THAT good in other's eyes?

Howdy folks!

I liked the movie alot!

I did read about a surprise singer in the movie and I'll be :blink:  if indeed Kathleen Barr sung as Trixie.

Didnt see her name on the singing credits but major props to Daniel Ingram if its true.

Similar to the Season 4 Episode Pinkie Pride.

(The voice Diamond Tiara Chantal Strand sung a few tunes in Pinike's first song)

Thats my 2 Bits :)

Edited by OtakuBrony

I have some observations on the film that I will stick in spoiler tags, because, well, spoilers!

Sunset Shimmer used the book she brought from Equestria to attempt to send a message to Princess Celestia, as she did back when she was Celestia's prize student. As a time saver in the plot, Twilight received the book in a shipment of books to stock her new library in the castle-tree. The book was glowing and buzzing, much like a cellphone set to vibrate. Pinkie gave Twilight the idea to backtrack the magic of the book, and use that to open the portal whenever she chooses. Now, for the fun bit. Twilight uses SCIENCE to build a machine enabling her to plug the book directly into the mirror. It works, allowing her and Spike to return to Canterlot High. This whole scenario made me think of only one thing...

In season 4 episode 12 of Doctor Who "The Stolen Earth", The Doctor is an an impasse as he tries to locate the missing planet Earth. Finally, thanks to the efforts of Torchwood and  former UK PM Harriet Jones, (Yes, we know who you are) the Doctor's cell phone rings. The Doctor backtracks the cell phone signal by plugging the phone into the TARDIS console, and locates Earth and manages to break through and materialize on the newly located Earth. Coincidence? I think not. I would have just died if Twilight had muttered something about needing to "Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow"!

Oh, one other thing. Vinyl's techno-car was wubtastic!

I'd like to take a moment to talk about dramatic halter-tops.

Throughout the movie you can see that Sunset Shimmer is wearing a t-shirt with her cutie mark under her jacket. It stays this way until they get to the hill for the final rock battle, at which point you can see the neck of her shirt changes. Clearly Sunset Shimmer anticipated the need for a dramatic halter-top reveal and switched her t-shirt (and only her t-shirt) out for the dramatic halter-top reveal.

DRAMATIC HALTER-TOP!

• Brohoof 2

And, if you look at the top of the poster, you see Vinyl Scratch. Sorry, Vinyl, but I don't remember you ever having any special role in the show. :(

maybe not in the show, but she does save the day in the movie, which is why she's there

And, if you look at the top of the poster, you see Vinyl Scratch. Sorry, Vinyl, but I don't remember you ever having any special role in the show. :(

She's a member of the Rainbooms now so the poster kinda fits

• Brohoof 1

I honestly liked the first movie,I found it enjoyable and as a bonus,I love Sunset Shimmer :P

And well,I honestly loved the second one :D .I liked the sirens(I still need to learn their name just like any other new characters :lol: ),Sunset was just awesome :wub:  and I liked the whole "there is a conflict wthin the band so the magic doesnt work" thing too,since in my book it makes sense :D

the only think I really disliked was Snips 'n' Snails....I know I shouldnt take it so seriously,but as somebody who loves the rap genre yeah,not the best feeling in the world >_>

but overall,amazing movie ;)

• Brohoof 3