Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do a lot of bronies seem to dislike the earlier generations?

MrJK

Essentially all of the previous pony gens were simply created as a way to market toys. Seeing as the creators knew their audience would most likely be a bunch of little girls, they simply overshadowed proper storytelling and character development in order to create something that would simply grab children's attention. With G4, the plot and story are key. The characters we have today are genuinely deep, with backstories and personalities we can relate to on a very personal level. The season five episode Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep is a perfect example of how deep the characters are. Princess Luna is a character that people can relate to, wanting to make up for her past wrongdoings in a way she thought was right. What it really boils down to is the fact that the toys are secondary here, and the team working on the show really cares about the characters. It's not just a 23 minute commercial to brainwash kids into buying stuff. It's art, man.  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

Justy as gen 4 is better than gen1-3 you think gen 5 might be even better and bring more bronies in? then we wouldn't get made fun of cause our numbers would be too high! Im straight, conservative, white, male, christian by the way and still a brony. dont let anything stop you from loving!

• Brohoof 1

I loved the 3rd generation SO MUCH. It was literally my lifeline for my entire childhood. I still have my play sets in my attic. But the show is meant for little girls who are not as aware to things like plots. FiM is just more suited because of it's storyline.

I loved the 3rd generation SO MUCH. It was literally my lifeline for my entire childhood. I still have my play sets in my attic. But the show is meant for little girls who are not as aware to things like plots. FiM is just more suited because of it's storyline.

Toola Roola and Star Catcher are best ponies!

So nice to find someone who likes g3!

• Brohoof 1

Toola Roola and Star Catcher are best ponies!

So nice to find someone who likes g3!

My personal favorite was Minty. I would always watch Minty's Christmas movie(can't remember the name :\).

Well...if you'd watch a few reviews maybe that'll answer your question.

I've seen a few reviews for past gens, and that's all I needed. e_e

Or maybe you could watch it for yourself and actually form your own opinions.

• Brohoof 2

I just say the following, i cant understand the hate towards all the older Shows, because G1 and G4 are pretty similar for me and even G4 has some pretty boring and generic Storys for more younger Girls sometimes.

I dont see the big deal with G4. I mean G4 has even some similar Episodes to G 1.5, like the Pijama Party episode.

I just cant understand whats so special about G4...  :wacko:

But apart from that, i find it really ridiculous and stupid from Bronys ( a Fandom in which many Members have to deal with hate every day and then say, everyone should just leave someone alone ) and then go to older Generation 1 Videos and posts comments like " Thats Disgusting ! " , " Wow, that show is horrible ! " and " Wow, G1 Fans are pretty weird. " ...so, Bronys are against Hate Comments and for accepting other Opinions and Interests, but then make fun against People who like the older shows and post hate comments on multiple older gen videos and drawings and say things like " Ah, take this Abominations from Hell away from me ! " ...

Some Bronys are really Jerks and Hypocrites. Wanting others, to stop posting hate towards the show and bronys and then post hate towards the older shows and make fun of people who defend the older shows. ( Me included and yes, im looking to you German Mlp Forum...  :okiedokielokie: )

Seriously, why cant those Bronys not do it like Dc Comic Fans for example. They also had pretty cheesy shows at the beginning, but they still respect them for what they are, Cartoons more focused at Kids, because at the older times, they werent allowed to do it much different.

They respect the older Shows for what they are, even if they dont like them. But they only rarely talk negative about them and when they do, they just call them one-dimensional or cheesy, but never really anything like " AH! KILL IT WITH FIRE!! " like some Bronies do with the older Gens.

But the most laughable part, the oh so laughable part, this " Adult " people, go to Shows created mostly for younger girls and then dislike them, because they are to girly? And not appealing for them enough?

YOU ARE AN ADULT! You shouldnt even be there in the first place! Of course, many of you will dislike it, because it isnt even intended for you.

It isnt supposed to entertain you. It wasnt made for you.

And yet you still bitch about it, because its to girly or harmless.Have you ever thought about, that its supposed to be that way?

Mlp is a show aimed towards younger, even little Girls ! Damn it.

I cant understand the Hate. I can understand that Bronys are gonna dislike the older shows, but the endless amount of hate and insulting comments? No. From a Fandom like this, i can not understand the hate. Not one bit.

• Brohoof 3

I'm sure that someone has said this, but I think that maybe the reason that brines don't like earlier MLP generations as much is because they were never really built on as well as the G4 characters. The G4 characters experience lots of problems in their lives that we can relate to. The other generations had a more utopian aspect. I think people like to see the internal and external conflicts of the characters with inner and outward evils.