Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad Unending Life

IncompetentBrony

So, I've recently started writing some MLP fanfics. I hadn't thought of sharing them with anyone, but, one of my friends read a couple, and told me they were pretty good. He then went on to tell me that I should share it with the rest of the community. So, here I am! I didn't know where to post it, except from the place I have lurked for a while. 

An excerpt from something I have written is contained below. I want to know what you guys think of it, and if I should continue to post. Thanks!

"Looks like you're going to lose again, Lulu! Haha! That's four wins in-"
"Not so fast, sister!" Celestia looked at the bottom half of the screen. The Royal Sisters had been playing Mario Cart for hours, forgoing Royal Court to play a 32-track marathon.
"No! Lulu! You wouldn't! We're sisters!" Celestia pleaded.
"THIS IS FOR BANISHING ME TO THE MOON!" The Princess of the Night pressed the up button with such malice, you'd have thought she were detonating a nuclear device. Which in a way, she had.
"You fool! You know not what you have done!" Celestia boomed, in her Royal Canterlot voice. Luna cackled with laughter as the blue shell sped away from her character, seeking out first place. Celestia gripped the controlled harder, gritted her teeth, and sped to the finish. She hoped she could make it before... Too late. The brilliant blue explosion flung her cart high into the sky, and off the course, allowing Luna to bypass her sibling, and take first place. "Luna! That wasn't fair!" Celestia whined, as she finished in ninth.
"Luna takes the race by a nose! Hahaha!" Luna was overjoyed. She didn't normally win races, but when she did, she took great pleasure from it.
"I should banish you to the moon again, for treason!" Celestia roared, but Luna just giggled.
"Aw, sis, you're funny!"
"You didn't deserve to win, Lulu! That was... Blind luck, and nothing more!" Luna gasped.
"That's mean! I played with skill and dignity! At least I can say the same for mealtimes, instead of being the one pigging out at the dessert car!"
"How dare you! I'll have you know, I make sure none of the cakes are poisoned before every meal!"
"Yeah, by eating them..." Luna retorted.
"You..! Your night is badly orchestrated!"
"You sleep through it! How would you know?!"
"Yeah?! Well, your crown looks stupid!"
"Tia, it is EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOURS!"
"Except mine's gold and is therefore better according to the law of shut up"
"It was a bit of cake, sister!"
"LALALALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU"
"Stop being UNREASONABLE!"
"STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
"Well I was mother's favourite. There, I said it." Celestia harrumphed. Luna's eyes welled with tears,
"Why would you say that, Tia?" She cried, before running to her bedroom, leaving a stunned Celestia to wonder why she had said it.

Celestia paced around her room. She felt awful. She hadn't meant to say those things about their mother. It just slipped out. She walked out onto her balcony, and stared out over her city, her lands, her world, and felt poor. She had upset her sister, the one pony who had meant something to her. Except Twilight, but that was a different kind of love. No, Luna meant more than the world to her, and she had gone and hurt her. A single tear rolled down her nose, and fell into the silent courtyards below.
Luna lay, sobbing gently into her bed. Her mother was dead. Everyone she knew, everyone she loved, would die. Celestia's had broken her. She thought herself immune to the truth, that she couldn't love, couldn't live. But her sister's remark had smashed her fortifications down, and she lay broken, crying, wishing for her mother to be there, to hold her, to comfort her. However, it wasn't her mother who put a hoof around her neck, not her mother who told her that it would all be okay. It wasn't her mother who tucked her into bed. It wasn't her mother who sang her a lullaby until she drifted off to sleep. It was her sister who had silently entered, and comforted Luna. It was her apology.

Luna sat in her bed. She had just awoken, and it was near dusk. “Too early…” she grumbled, and shut her eyes. Somepony coughing near the end of her bed startled her, and she jolted upright, “Whozzere?” she asked, sleepily.
“It’s only me, sister.” Celestia stood by Luna’s deep blue desk, and had been waiting for her to awake for hours.
“Hm? Okay then…” Luna slipped back into her soft cloud bed, wishing her sister wouldn’t try and make things better.
“Luna… about… about what happened yesterday… about what I said… I… I’m…” Celestia sputtered.
“Go away.” Luna pleaded before wrenching her covers over her head. Why couldn’t she just give Luna some peace? She’d done enough damage.
“But Lulu…!” Celestia protested, moving towards her sister’s bed.
“Go. Away.” Luna replied, “I do not wish to talk to you.”
“Fine! I didn’t mean what I said about her! I loved her too you know!” Celestia said, rage building inside of her by the second. She couldn’t understand why her sister wouldn’t accept her apology, “Luna! Understand me! Listen to me! I. Loved. Her!”
“I knew she was going to die. And I would have to live without a mother for the rest of time.”
“But Luna, you cannot mourn the passing of those you love for eternity!”
Celestia had riled Luna. She clambered out of bed and stared her elder sibling down. “At least I can accept that those I love won’t be around forever!” Luna retorted. “At least I can let them go!”
“What in Equestria do you mean?!”
“Twilight.” Celestia’s expression changed.
“Don’t even go there.” In an instant, Luna could see that she had hit a nerve. She squeaked, and tried to pull back,
“No, sorry, sister, it was wrong of me to bring her up.”
“How long have you known?” Celestia growled. Luna was terrified.
“Tia, I didn’t me-”
“How. Long?”
Luna gave in, “Since you made her a princess.” She explained, “I figured that it was either because you couldn’t bear to lose her or… maybe something more.” Luna tried to walk away from her sibling, tried to stare out the window, at the stormy evening. But she could still feel Celestia’s eyes burning into the back of her skull. She turned away from the view of the sleeping city.
“Something… more?” Celestia asked.
“Yes… royalty not thinking it fit for a princess of your status to be… seen with somepony with a background like hers...”
“SHE IS TWICE THE ALICORN YOU’LL EVER BE!” Luna had done it. Celestia howled, and charged towards her sister, powering up her horn as she did. Luna knew there was no way out. She just sighed, and was happy of the life she had led. Maybe the moon wouldn’t be so bad this time. Luna bowed her head, and closed her eyes.
But she opened them a few seconds later, when the sound of glass exploding jolted her out of her visions of the moon. Her sister had crashed through the window. Luna rushed to the ruined pane, calling out her sister’s name, but if the white ghost of her sister’s form, flying into the storm, had heard her, she didn’t acknowledge Luna. She stared out, into her night, until her Celestia was just a speck, and then gone.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...