Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Are you a Spyro the Dragon fan?

Firestorm

A fan? Oh very much so, my father got me all three titles upon their release dates, Year of the Dragon being my favorite when released back in October 2000. Being born in 1988 (year of the Dragon chinese zodiac) he told me it seemed like an appropriate gift.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be, but I've tried a few of the newer games and was terribly disappointed. There was a DS title (can't remember the precise name) that I honestly doubt went through a real testing phase because there were at least half a dozen noticeable problems with gameplay.

Sloppy, sloppy work.

Edited by Harebrained

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I like both Original and Legend series, Spyro was the first game I got for the Playstation...i feel Spyro 2 was better then the first

don't care much for skylanders... but the figurines look nice

Edited by Captain Marvelous

I enjoyed the older Spyro games, one through three were amazing. I played the Ripto boss battle at the end of Spyro 2 so many times...ooooh, so epic.

Anyway, not a massive fan, but yeah I loved the first three games, and I played Skylanders a tiny bit, as well as some of the newer stuff. But it all fails to compare to the original trio.

Aw man, I love that series. The best ones IMO were the 3D platform ones for the PS1 and PS2. Also, the ones on the GBA (especially that Crash/Spyro dual-crossover was really good).

Now, looking at Skylanders...my only reaction, in comparison to the good old Spyro...W...T...B...

I'm surprised how people aren't bashing it (not like I'd want to O_O) for the fact that it's nothing like the old games...I mean, seriously, what happened?! Game must be pretty good.

• 3 years later...

This topical like 4 years ago, but like to say I'm still Spyro the dragon fan. Also hope there be a Spyro game, not Skylanders. Spyro 3: Year of the dragon was first Spyro game I played and bought. Year of the dragon and Legend of Spyro series are my favourite. Not found with Skylanders, Enter the dragonfly and Spyro Hero's Tail (That game made Spyro acting dumb). Never forget about Spyro, he's my Mario & Sonic.

I loved Spyro! Him and Crash Bandicoot. Though I don't like what Craptivi$ion did to him.

I'm not gonna say it "ruined my childhood", because honestly Ithink that's a stupid excuse. I don't mind redesigns, but there will come a point where it goes way too far. And that's exactly what happened. Skylanders doesn't feel like a Spyro game, it feels like he was thrown in there as a pawn to lure Spyro fans in to make a quick buck.

Another reason why I hate, and call them Craptivi$ion.

Rants aside, along Crash Bandicoot, Spyro was a game series I loved to play when I was a little kid. If I did have to name a problem with it, though, it would be that Spyro was always too close to the camera. I have this pet peeve or something for platformers not having enough distance between the camera and the player.

Spyro made up half of my childhood along with another game franchise. Hell, I still play the games today, and even voted for him in the smash bros ballet. Do I expected him to get in? Not at all, but a man can dream

I love that purple dragon and all the other characters, both Classic and Legend Of. :) I'm super sad Spyro and Cynder are part of the Skylanders games now, they deserve to be main characters of their own game series. (And the Skylanders art style throws me off.)

Spyro remains the sole franchise that I care about more than MLP. Seriously that little purple dragon in all of his incarnations has meant so much to me...

But yeah; big fan since the first game in 1998. The originals are tops, but the Legends trilogy, A Hero's Tail, and the first Skylanders are great as well! Heck; even the GBA games rock if you ask me. :)

• Brohoof 1

The first two games are some of my favorite platformers ever. They are amazing, especially the second one. I have only played the first 2 and Season of Flame for the GBA. They are great games though. It is a shame that Activision has ruined Spyro completely though. 

The first Spyro game was the first game I ever played. I fell in love with that purple dragon and still consider those games absolute masterpieces. I played and finished the first and second series of games, both of which were fantastic. The Skylanders thing kinda sucks though, Im not too pleased with it.