Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts On Celestia Turning Into A Villian?

Dewdlz

I've wondered this, since I haven't seen Celestia have any problems like the Mane 6 other than battles with Discord and Chrysalis. Maybe she might not be the perfect problem-less Alicorn? Her sister Luna, was once evil but reformed after learning her lesson, why not her? It would be a hard battle to face, Twilight versus her mentor/teacher/mother figure, but a very good lesson to have learned. Sometimes having to defeat those you love and care about to protect the world.

Just a thought I've had, I'm not saying it should/will happen. What are your thoughts?

(I just noticed I misspelled villain.) >_<

11b4x6v.jpg

Edited by Dewdlz
  • Brohoof 2

I like that idea. Celestia doesn't seem to have any flaws, but it would be cool to see if there was some sort of dark secret from her past that could turn her evil...

...wait for it......

NIGHTMARE SUN!

:comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

I like that idea. Celestia doesn't seem to have any flaws, but it would be cool to see if there was some sort of dark secret from her past that could turn her evil...

...wait for it......

NIGHTMARE SUN!

Ooo, I like that name. But would she come out at night like Luna too? :P

• Brohoof 1

Actually, she probably would.

"THE DAY SHALL LAST FOREVERRRR!"

Lol then things get so hot and ponies can't sleep that they start to turn to Luna. It was Luna's dream for ponies to enjoy her night and became jealous so it would be interesting to see things flip. :D

• Brohoof 1

Lol then things get so hot and ponies can't sleep that they start to turn to Luna. It was Luna's dream for ponies to enjoy her night and became jealous so it would be interesting to see things flip. :D

We need to tell Hasbro about this.

• Brohoof 1

We need to tell Hasbro about this.

It would have to be investigated for a long time before it happened probably. I mean, Luna would get more showtime and Celestia would be the toughest villain yet.

• Brohoof 1

Well for Luna it was jealousy and resentment. If you were to go down the route of symmetry it would be pride that turns Celestia ... but I'm not sure if that would be consistent with the character. Fear or concern maybe? Her flaws in judgement that we have seen could be a catalyst.

I'm not a full supporter of this idea, but I do want to see Twilight's hero worship be tested. Either via Celestia or Starswirl. This could be a way to touch on that theme.

• Brohoof 2

It would have to be investigated for a long time before it happened probably. I mean, Luna would get more showtime and Celestia would be the toughest villain yet.

Yeah.  But something like this could be a good way to wrap up the show when FIM comes to an end. Almost like a throwback episode, just flipped around.

• Brohoof 1

Celestia is a character I dont think can be vilified, not that there is any problem with her becoming one. By turning into a villain we could get a more in depth look at her as a character. Instead of her being called Nightmare Sun I think something along the lines of Solar Flare would fit her better.....

• Brohoof 1

Well for Luna it was jealousy and resentment. If you were to go down the route of symmetry it would be pride that would be what turns Celestia ... but I'm not sure if that would be consistent with the character. Fear or concern maybe? Her flaws in judgement that we have seen could be a catalyst.

I'm not a full supporter of this idea, but I do want to see Twilight's hero worship be tested. Either via Celestia or Starswirl. This could be a way to touch on that theme.

Yeah I haven't noticed a topic like this so I figured I would throw it out there. It was either Twilight becoming evil or Celestia, I thought. Something unexpected I suppose. Just an idea that sparked my interest awhile back.

Celestia is a character I dont think can be vilified, not that there is any problem with her becoming one. By turning into a villain we could get a more in depth look at her as a character. Instead of her being called Nightmare Sun I think something along the lines of Solar Flare would fit her better.....

Oh you took Tien's move from DBZ! Haha. :P

• Brohoof 1

Oddly enough I do expect a Nightmare Twilight type of moment but that's another topic altogether. The idea of Celestia becoming a villain does have merit. I can see it evolving as hints throughout a season, finally culminating in the transformation in the finale.

• Brohoof 2

Oddly enough I do expect a Nightmare Twilight type of moment but that's another topic altogether. The idea of Celestia becoming a villain does have merit. I can see it evolving as hints throughout a season, finally culminating in the transformation in the finale.

Yes like from Lesson Zero (AKA: Insane Twily), that would be catastrophic to happen as a princess. o.O

What do you mean turning? I already thought she was evil since she is a Tyrant. lol. But I would like to see that happen if we got more screen time of the best Princess Luna.

Like a transformation much like Nightmare Moon. I haven't noticed her as a tyrant though, you mean like in a secretive way? She just seems more authoritative. We definitely need more of Princess Moonbutt-ahem...Princess Luna. :)

• Brohoof 1

Like a transformation much like Nightmare Moon. I haven't noticed her as a tyrant though, you mean like in a secretive way? She just seems more authoritative. We definitely need more of Princess Moonbutt-ahem...Princess Luna. :)

I could use more Luna wether is be her front or back end. I think she is tyrant it just that all ponies are submissive to her we never get to see her true nature. I think peace and harmony are more important to her then freedom.

• Brohoof 1

I personally believe that Celestia would work much better as an evil chessmaster, striking from the shadows and slowly bringing Equestria to its hooves from the inside out. Ideally, nopony would know of her betrayal until it's far too late to stop her. 

Also:

xhLg4.png

• Brohoof 2

I could use more Luna wether is be her front or back end. I think she is tyrant it just that all ponies are submissive to her we never get to see her true nature. I think peace and harmony are more important to her then freedom.

I've noticed that Twilight hardly bows before her (a few times that I know of she did). Well, she does have the power to banish ponies to the moon and that makes them terribly afraid, so it would be natural to submit to her rule. But her calm demeanor let's them know she's not an enemy and can be trusted. 

...wait for it......

NIGHTMARE SUN!

Actually, Nightmare Sunbutt would work best! ;)

I like the idea for Celestia to turn evil. But, i think that if Twilight became evil, that would be so awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I've noticed that Twilight hardly bows before her (a few times that I know of she did). Well, she does have the power to banish ponies to the moon and that makes them terribly afraid, so it would be natural to submit to her rule. But her calm demeanor let's them know she's not an enemy and can be trusted. 

Just what an evil Tyrant would want you to believe.

• Brohoof 1

I like the idea for Celestia to turn evil. But, i think that if Twilight became evil, that would be so awesome.

It would definitely come to a surprise for most. I even believe Twilight to be stronger than Celestia, which would be over-kill since she's so young, talented, and exceeds every task given to her. Beware of that one. :D 

Just what an evil Tyrant would want you to believe.

Yes exactly, but it would be difficult to say that Celestia had been evil all along, that would shatter most of anyone's dreams and hopes. She plays an important role in the show, but I don't think a permanent evil Celestia would be good.

Why do I have a feeling this topic is wishing for a Celestia Villain just so Luna fans can use it to justify Luna's turn in someway?

It's not necessarily. Like I mentioned it was just an idea. 

• Brohoof 1

It's not necessarily. Like I mentioned it was just an idea. 

Alright, as for the idea itself I feel while rather an interesting idea, I believe it will actually do more harm than good for her in the fandom's eyes as I'm having a strong feeling many members in the fandom will try to use this to justify their headcanon for an evil Celestia and with definite proof like that, I can't imagine her reputation ever recovering from that.

• Brohoof 1

I think it could be an interesting concept, if Luna was formerly Nightmare Moon, perhaps Celestia could be the Crimson Sun. Sometimes a story has to take a risk, The Lord of the Rings should took many risks, and most of them paid off, an seemingly innocent character like Celestia could make a good villain, despite the fact some fans believe Celestia to be a tyrant, however, we don't seem to observe totalitarian rule, not like Avatar the Last Airbender or the Legend of Korra, those programs did leave good hints about the character of the Fire Lord and the Earth Queen. Although power does corrupt, it would have to be established, a progression of a ascendency into deranged lust, sort of like the Shinning, Jack did not start out mad, he got that way as the story progressed, that is what would have to be established, instead of a sudden irrational act, to the audience anyway, perhaps the mane six would be shocked to see their princess unravel, and never expected her to become so sinister, so they had to embark on a quest to find a power to defeat her. 

• Brohoof 1