Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My fear regarding sea ponies

Plonkett

I just came across the book "Under the Sparkling Sea", and its seems that sea ponies already do exist in G4. To me the sea ponies look too much like seahorses, even more than the G1 sea ponies. I really wanted them to look like hippocamps, because I feel that they make a more interesting and fitting design than the G1 sea ponies. What's interesting is that there also exists a separate race, the mermares. I hope that the sea ponies in FiM look more like hippocamps than in that book.

Well they may look like sea ponies, but since they're not technically under the water that doesn't apply. I know that a lot of people want the sea ponies to look like the ones from G1, but I personally think that the hippocampus would make the perfect design for G4 sea ponies. A sea horse pony just seems ridiculous by today's standards, though it would be one thing if there existed a separate race that are basically sea horses.

• Brohoof 1

It's possible Mary Jane Begin (seriously, that's the authors name) based her sea ponies off of concept art from DHX that we haven't seen yet. I dunno.

I'm not sure how close to canon a storybook like this would be. The staff hasn't mentioned her on Twitter or anything that I know of. And this book has been out for over a year.

Sea ponies have been mentioned in the novels and in the comics which the staff seems to treat as more or less canon, but they haven't been shown or described so far.

I just came across the book "Under the Sparkling Sea", and its seems that sea ponies already do exist in G4. To me the sea ponies look too much like seahorses, even more than the G1 sea ponies. I really wanted them to look like hippocamps, because I feel that they make a more interesting and fitting design than the G1 sea ponies. What's interesting is that there also exists a separate race, the mermares. I hope that the sea ponies in FiM look more like hippocamps than in that book.

Funny that you mention this, because a rumor was circulating that they will make an appearance in Season 5...

Edited by IJoinedForPonies

never liked the seaponies. small bodies with bulging, bloated bellies, and how they're all "shoo-bee-doo"ing as ponies and humans drown. And instead of rescuing them right away, they close the drowning victims in bubbles and play volleyball with their bodies while singing, rather than pushing them up immediately to the surface. 

creepy little things, seaponies

• Brohoof 1

I like to think that Seaponies are a collection of races rather than a single race, with Mermares being one of the races, the race that the sirens are are another, etc.

I think dragons are the same way.  There is a dragon race that hibernates and another that migrates, etc.

I like to think that Seaponies are a collection of races rather than a single race, with Mermares being one of the races, the race that the sirens are are another, etc.

I think dragons are the same way.  There is a dragon race that hibernates and another that migrates, etc.

That's a good theory. There could be dragons that live under the water as well (such as sea dragons, even though we already have sea serpents). Then that can mean that hippocamps would be another type of sea pony.