Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have an Irrational Fear?

IronPuddinG

For the old phone fear, it was calling people or answering the phone, I never thought it would strangle me or anything. xD

For the sun thing, I just stay inside most of the time. When I go someplace, I make a quick sprint to whatever building I need to enter. And I do my best to avoid anything where I would possibly have to be in the sun for a longer time. Sometimes, if I need to go a long distance, and I can't do anything to avoid it, I'll bring an umbrella.

I can get a visible burn in around three minutes, perhaps less. Luckily, I've managed to avoid one for about two years now, I think.

It pretty annoying, but one can still live a decent life wile lurking in the shadow.

But Lurking is fun!! As for the phone thing I hate leaving messages, Its a major deal, I once left one at a doctors office and included my name, which doctor i was calling for and other relevant information, and I was so happy with myself!

...Then the secretary called back and asked that next time I leave my phone number so that she wouldn't have to spend an hour and a half finding my file and looking it up to call me back.. :blush::P

Edited by SunsetDancer

But Lurking is fun!!

Actually, it is sometimes.

Running through a city, trying to navigate your way through a shadowy path, it's like that game where you pretend that the floor is lava, just with real pain to make it more exciting.

• Brohoof 1

Im in boy scouts and I have an irrational fear for BUGS AND ARACHNIDS
Yep.

Screamed like a little girl at the OA when a huge dragonfly was flicked on my shoulder.

No wait, that's just a fear.

An IRRATIONAL fear would be dying from choking on a pill.

Edited by Sun Wave

mentally challenged people, the way they act and stuff really frightens me (i know its not their fault that they act the way they do but i just get scared of them, pretty terrible)

i used to fear dying alone, but i overcame that by coming to a realization that i dont need a companion to be happy, in fact, i prefer to live alone the rest of my life

Bugs, Why did it have to be bugs? I can not stand them! Snakes = awesome, bats = cool! Bugs = Shotgun. 

As long as the bugs stay away from me I don't mind, but if they set foot in my house and mom's not home I'll shoot them with my Airsoft gun. (Don't tell her I do that.)

My friends think I'm crazy due to my fear of insects. One fly or spider in my room and I will get into karaté position. One wasp and I will run to my basement.

I used to be afraid of bees  / wasps, but I was stung twice this summer and now they just severely annoy me. I will leave a room because of a wasp or stinging insect, but simply out of the desire to not be stung rather than rushing out in a blind panic.

Other than that, I don't think I have any irrational fears left as most of them have somewhat valid reasoning behind them. Well... besides one thing. Clowns. I freaking hate clowns. Some think they look funny and they are characters to be laughed at; I think they look and act creepy. The fear isn't that severe, but I will say that I don't like them at all.

mentally challenged people, the way they act and stuff really frightens me (i know its not their fault that they act the way they do but i just get scared of them, pretty terrible)

i used to fear dying alone, but i overcame that by coming to a realization that i dont need a companion to be happy, in fact, i prefer to live alone the rest of my life

You'll never be truly alone as log as someone still thinks of you, hell, have a computer on your deathbed and you'll have us!

YAY CORNYNESS!!

• Brohoof 1

I have both claustrophobia (fear of small spaces) and agoraphobia (fear of wide-open spaces).

Nyctophobia (fear of the dark). I sleep with a nightlight.

Acrophobia (fear of heights). I wouldn't go on a slide until I was 10.

Xenophobia (fear of strangers). This is the main reason why I don't have much of a social life.

Other than that, I also have a really weird fear of people with mustaches. I don't know why, but they're just really creepy.  :ph34r:

I have one of the most humiliating fears ever..

I'm scared of slow and strange music. Whenever I hear it I feel like something is inching up on me and about to slit my throat or something. I also fear that after a really bad night I will commit suicide in my sleep. :[

I guess that I have an irrational fear of getting sick. Ever since my peritonitis surgery 2 years ago, I became more prone to getting sick (colds/fevers/stomach infections etc) especially this year. This half year alone I have gotten sick several times unexpectedly : (

Yes, in fact, I do have an irrational fear

Though I am a quiet person myself

I still have an irrational fear of Silence, especially at night

If it gets too quiet my mind reels over the thought of something happening that will scare the living bejesus out of me

Sometimes, I can not seem to get to sleep because the silence is just overpowering.

i also have a fear that in the middle of the night i will think im lucid dreaming (i lucid dream) but im not and i kill my self by jumping dow the stairs head first (thats how i get out of dreams)

I guess I have a fear of being robbed. Whenever a motorcycle with two people on it runs by, I seem to have a mini heart attack.other than that, probably darkness, but only if Im outside.

I have two irrational fears (but some may not be considered irrational). One fear I have is pitbulls, I won't even go in someone's house if they own a pitbull since pitbulls always end up biting me, no matter how nice the dog seems.

The other fear I have is swimming in natural bodies of water. It's not that I'm afraid particularly of the water (I'll swim in deep pools and the like) it's more of a fear of the horrifying fish that live there. It seems like the more you know about the ocean the more terrifying it becomes. I don't swim in lakes anymore since I learned that Bull sharks have been found in fresh water, even though it's no where near me, it was still a scary thought to have. I still go boat fishing but I won't put my body in natural bodies of water.

Those are two of my fears, I probably have a few more some of you might consider irrational but above are the most prominent ones.

• Brohoof 1

The other fear I have is swimming in natural bodies of water. It's not that I'm afraid particularly of the water (I'll swim in deep pools and the like) it's more of a fear of the horrifying fish that live there. It seems like the more you know about the ocean the more terrifying it becomes. I don't swim in lakes anymore since I learned that Bull sharks have been found in fresh water, even though it's no where near me, it was still a scary thought to have. I still go boat fishing but I won't put my body in natural bodies of water.

I actually can agree with you on this. I hate swimming in natural bodies of water just because of catfish (but I will swim in 100+ feet at Belews lake), and I dun want to swim in deep ocean because of all the gigantahuge things that lurk under our feet. *shudders*

Well, seems like we have something in common~

• Brohoof 1

I hate crowded rooms. Too many people and too little ability to move. State fairs have exhibition halls like that. Freaks me out. I love hitting all the booths and applying for free drawings, but i hate when it takes 5 minutes just to move to the next booth.

It seems like my fears changed over time, they came and went. Years ago I used to be afraid of lightning and trying to fall asleep in the dark but those fears just ended up gone after a while (although I still turn the TV on with a sleep timer whenever I have the chance to do so)

A few years ago I had a slight case of hypochondriasis and I was constantly in fear of my heart stopping for no reason or my blood pressure dropping very low. I actually saw a doctor to confirm that my heart was just fine.

Nowadays I always walk around the street and I'm always afraid that someone might hit me in the head and rob me, or kill me because I look ugly to them.

Nope, nothing I can think of, I do have a bunch of small fears of non-fatal stuff though, but they are possible, so I guess if that counts for anything:

I fear putting on shoes and finding a cockroach in one, I fear sleep paralysis, I fear many small noises when I wake up in the middle of some nights, I fear theives, I fear dying for no reason, or dying in a stupid meaningless way, or getting murdered ._.

Those are somewhat rational though, I guess it depends on what you say is rational or irrational.

I wouldn't call it a fear but i find blue eyes very unnerving and I will double check everthing because i HATE getting things wrong.

A lot of people in one area is also one thing i dislike