Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have an Irrational Fear?

IronPuddinG

As the title states, do you have an irrational fear of anything?  As crazy as it sounds, I have an irrational fear being afraid. 

Seriously.

I'm probably the biggest scardy cat out there.

And now I have a project in English that requires me to have watched or experienced scariness (You needen't worry about this, this is just for situation irony. :P)  And, because of this, I've avoided all scary stuff (well, most of it).

So, if you have one, what's your irrational fear?

I have too many lol.  

I have an irrational fear of fainting.  In like seventh grade, I felt close to fainting, and the fear's been with me ever since.  It like restricted my eighth grade year.  

I'm also afraid of having migraines, but that's not really as irrational as the others.  A few years back, pretty much every month, I had a migraine with a visual aura (it's basically a hallucination.  I saw some of the weirdest/trippiest lines/shapes while I was having terrible pain).  Now, whenever I can't see something clearly, I have this huge fear of having another one.  

I've got an irrational fear of nosebleeds. Whenever it comes winter, if I feel the tiniest drip of mucus going down my mose, I'm scared to death to think it's blood. I freak out horribly.

Bugs, Why did it have to be bugs? I can not stand them! Snakes = awesome, bats = cool! Bugs = Shotgun. 

As long as the bugs stay away from me I don't mind, but if they set foot in my house and mom's not home I'll shoot them with my Airsoft gun. (Don't tell her I do that.)

• Brohoof 4

I guess water. I'm extremely hydrophobic and try to not drink it (have milk or something). :P

Other then that, there probably is a lot but specifically drangonflies. I live in a swampy area and there are a ton. They are just so damn ugly.

i sort of, i have the irrational fear that if people find out i a brony i will be excluded from things in school by some teachers because some are old fashion and will call me gay and unfit to be a brony around other people by my friends who have been friends with me for years

I have social anxiety disorder, which is essentially just a massive irrational fear of being among strangers or anyone unfamiliar. Essentially, it's like I feel that everyone is constantly watching me and judging me, and as much as I'd like to think I don't care about their opinion, it's often paralyzing.

Lol yes but dont laugh since the 90's and the aliens galore there was with stuff like the X-Files I have this stupid, totally out of logic and ridiculous fear of getting abducted at night by big eyed visitors from the space.

Even some night I wake up and fear for an alien out of my window.

fake%2BWindow%2Balien.jpg

O crap Im not going to sleep tonight.

• Brohoof 2

I used to be. Arachnophobic but I have largely overcome this fear.

I have a weird irrational fear that I will sleepwalk out a window even though I haven't sleepwalked in years.

I'm afraid of someone looking over my shoulder when I write, type, or draw anything

I also have an intense fear of failure.

I'm not afraid of any conventional things except for snakes. Normally, i love horror/ grimdark, and i laugh at things most would be afraid of. Instead I'm afraid of really unusual stuff.

Edited by MelancholicMemory

I don't think I have anything that could be considered a "phobia" of sorts. I kind of have an irrational fear that people are constantly judging me, but it's not too serious. There is ONE thing in particular that creeps me out way more than it should, though.

Jeff the Killer. Not the creepypasta story, just the picture itself. Look it up if you really want to, it's creepy as hell.

Not sure why the picture scares me so much. It's always scared me, right from the first time I saw it. But what really did it in for me was a screamer someone sent me a while back. I clicked a link, thinking I'd be sent to a random picture, but instead the screen went black for a couple seconds, then... bam. Jeff the Killer taking up the entire screen, flashing on and off rapidly (like a strobe light), with an ear-wrenching scream going along with it (I was wearing headphones). It surprised me so much that it took me a few seconds to find the close button to exit out of the tab. I was shaking for the next five minutes or so. For about a week following the screamer incident, I had trouble falling asleep without thinking of... you know. I still have trouble with it every once in a while.

I never even READ the actual Jeff the Killer creepypasta until several months after this. It wasn't even that scary. The picture still, to this day, freaks me out. I don't think most people find it all that scary, so I don't know what my problem is. It's getting pretty late, so I guess I'd better... go to sleep.

Edited by TECh the Halls
  • Brohoof 1

Well I'm very freaked out my bugs especially if they fly at me. Butterflies are pretty so they are cool as long as they don't fly in my face, lol. But my nightmares are filled with bugs raining from the sky on top of me and I can't get away. Then I'm afraid of the dark sometimes. Sometimes I'm perfectly okay with it, and others I keep imagining Shiriki Utundu, Koh the Face Stealer, and Slenderman are all in the darkness planning to get me. Also as much as I think dinosaurs are pretty cool, if I am near animatronic dinosaurs or anything I am freaking out like crazy on the inside.

Oh, and also, when I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, sitting on the toilet you are looking at the mirror, and above the toilet there is a tiny window which you will see when looking in the mirror. I always fear I'll see a face or eyes in it, which would be super freaky since it is on the second floor.

Edited by SillyPinkie

Ants. I hate the damn things. I had a dream the other night where my whole house was crawling with ants, in huge groups on the ground and walls, all over my furniture and family and everything. So inexpliciblly terrifying.

A light case of Trypophobia. It's not serious at all, but whenever I see scrapes and stuff on people, I'll get the jiggles. Sometimes I'll torture myself and look up pictures on google. There's even one of Fluttershy, though I won't post it since this might be a family-friendly site.

Edited by Squeaker101

I have a ton of wierd phobias:

going into the shower and having spiders come out instead of water

loud sudden movments/sounds (wierdly enough a painting just crashed down, terrifying me when I wrote this 0.o)

I cant look at and anthill or line because I get clausterphobic

I'm afraid of fires - but I love watching candles and matches burn

I'm terrified my cieling fan crashing down/decapitating me when its on

and I cant be in water alone or (and here's the wierd one) I'm afraid sharks will get me! (this is in swimming pools too people!)

yeah, I'm strange like that...

Edited by SunsetDancer

Fearing stuff like death, ants, and spiders isn't irrational. All of those things can be painful, and pain isn't very fun. :P

I used to have a fear of phones.
Yes, phones.

I don't know why. But I got over it eventually.

I also have some odd fears, not irrational, but odd.

I'm afraid of the sun. So much. And being in the sunlight.
It's not irrational though. I'm very sensitive to sunlight, and it really hurts me. I hate the feeling.

Well, I'm terrified of snakes and escalators, for one.

The most irrational of all, though, would be...mall dummies.  :mellow:  I think I watched that Doctor Who episode and it seriously creeped me out. Now I can't even go into a Forever 21 without constantly checking my back. I should probably see someone about this.

• Brohoof 2

I have an intense fear of failure and of disappointing others, to the point of which I needed to go to therapy.

It didn't work, I hated it.

There were other reasons for it too, but my fear is so bad that I'll have bad panic attacks where I stop breathing and basically have a minor seizure.

I remember when it happened during my Maths exam a few years back-I nearly fainted.

Well, I'm terrified of snakes and escalators, for one.

The most irrational of all, though, would be...mall dummies.  :mellow:  I think I watched that Doctor Who episode and it seriously creeped me out. Now I can't even go into a Forever 21 without constantly checking my back. I should probably see someone about this.

Because of Who, statues scare me, along with many other things. :P

I was at my Church right after Angels take Manhattan aired, I looked out the window, and I saw a statue, but I had never seen the statue there before. I WAS SO FREAKED OUT! I didn't blink for a while and just looked at it.

Apparently, someone moved one of the statues while cleaning the day before. He he :D

• Brohoof 1

Fearing stuff like death, ants, and spiders isn't irrational. All of those things can be painful, and pain isn't very fun. :P

I used to have a fear of phones.

Yes, phones.

I don't know why. But I got over it eventually.

I also have some odd fears, not irrational, but odd.

I'm afraid of the sun. So much. And being in the sunlight.

It's not irrational though. I'm very sensitive to sunlight, and it really hurts me. I hate the feeling.

I dont like sunlight either but not in such an extreme. How do you go out/school/work? Also, phone ringing, strangling or just being there in general?

I have an intense fear of failure and of disappointing others, to the point of which I needed to go to therapy.

It didn't work, I hated it.

There were other reasons for it too, but my fear is so bad that I'll have bad panic attacks where I stop breathing and basically have a minor seizure.

I remember when it happened during my Maths exam a few years back-I nearly fainted.

I cant stand the thought of disappointing people either, the thought of it still freaks me out too, I also get panic attacks but because of my anxiety disorder, not the disappointing people, although that might be a factor now that I think about it..Brohoof for sympathy, dude!

I don't have any intense fears that totally make me freak out except one that I'd rather not share.. I just find it a bit embarrassing for somereason. So i don't think I'm gonna share it for now.

However some that I will share.. Oh boy I have alot. I won't say I think they're all really phobias, i'm just real scared of them :P.

I'm scared of bugs.

I'm also scared of heights

I'm kinda scared of public speaking kinda, maybe because I'm kinda shy, but at the same time I'm totally fine and actually kinda like acting(I've done some acting even if I'm not actually in any drama class or anything.)

I'm not scared of the dark, but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable depending on my thought pattern.

I hate spiders.

I'm scared of throwing up actually. in a way. I am always scared when I get sick at my stomach or something of that nature that I'm going to throw up.

I'm actually kinda scared of death to. Like I have a few times where I just plain worry about dieing.

I'm scared of people finding out I'm a brony.

And many other things that I can't recall all of them right now, or I just don't want to share them either for my reasons or just to not bore you with a list :P.

I'm a scaredy cat sorry :P

I dont like sunlight either but not in such an extreme. How do you go out/school/work? Also, phone ringing, strangling or just being there in general?

For the old phone fear, it was calling people or answering the phone, I never thought it would strangle me or anything. xD

For the sun thing, I just stay inside most of the time. When I go someplace, I make a quick sprint to whatever building I need to enter. And I do my best to avoid anything where I would possibly have to be in the sun for a longer time. Sometimes, if I need to go a long distance, and I can't do anything to avoid it, I'll bring an umbrella.

I can get a visible burn in around three minutes, perhaps less. Luckily, I've managed to avoid one for about two years now, I think.

It pretty annoying, but one can still live a decent life wile lurking in the shadow.

I'm scared of wasps, I used to be scared of taking pills as I always thought I would choke, but that one past when I got a bit older and I am horribly afraid of heights (although I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as irrational, just thought I would share it with y'all)