If you found out one of your parents is a brony

ponylaces

I don't have parents...but if my husband's parents became bronies....lets see...

His mom...that would actually be understandable, she is not near as traditionalist as his dad...

but if his dad became a brony....omg...that would be adorable hilarious.  He is the type who will watch Hee Haw and the Marty Stuart Show (these shows are older than a majority of users are), and other than the occasional Family Guy, he's fairly a traditionalist in terms of entertainment (he is super fan of tractor cabs, he will talk all day about those if he could)....so to see him a brony, that would make mine (and my husband's) day....

• 1 month later...

LMAO! - In my situation I just find thinking about this hilarious! :lol:

I would be like WTF? :blink::wau:  Did the Earth's magnetic poles swap? Did hell freeze over? Am I in the Twilight Zone? ;)

BUT...I see pretty much a o.o% chance of this ever happening.

My dad is pretty much a "stay within the lines" kind of guy- which is fine if that's what he wants. That said, MLP isn't something he would take past face value.

My mom thinks cartoons in general are stupid- so yeah.

My parents don't know about the show or that I like it. My mom would probably just think it's weird that I like it, but my dad would probably be mad and give me crap about it.

Edited by steve88

My mother is very obsessed with cartoons from her childhood, so I suppose if she was ever interested in the earlier renditions of MLP then she may become interested in the current generation of My Little Pony. I still wouldn't really want her to know, it'd just be odd in my mind.

For my mother? It would be unexpected but not to surprising, sadly it hasn't happened yet. lol

As for my dad? Well... He suggested that I watch carebears if I liked MLP since the two are "basically the same show". Though I think that's more out of ignorance I guess but I can't really see him getting into the show like a Brony would.

• Brohoof 1

For my mother? It would be unexpected but not to surprising, sadly it hasn't happened yet. lol

As for my dad? Well... He suggested that I watch carebears if I liked MLP since the two are "basically the same show". Though I think that's more out of ignorance I guess but I can't really see him getting into the show like a Brony would.

Carebears and MLP.. Basically the same show? No, just no. He clearly doesn't know why bronies like the show. :P Edited by PonyLaces

• 6 years later...