Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp rates your OC

Silverwisp the Bard

post-30608-0-72507900-1422584837_thumb.png

Considering that this is my ponysona and not necessarily an "OC," his backstory is basically intertwined with my life. Grew up as a typical middle-class colt, played video games from a young age, loves World of Warcraft. In essence, he is me and I am him. I don't know if you can really rate the backstory of a ponysona the same way, but you can try.

• 1 month later...

Okay, after a looong absence from the forums, I'm ressurecting this thread. I'll try to keep up a pace of 3+ reviews aday to eventually catch up.

Wolf

Design:

Yeah, no. Black and white hardly ever works for OCs and this is not one of these times. The accesoires could work but don't make a whole lot of sense for a pony living in the wild. Overall she should look a whole lot scruffier.

2/10

Backstory: Again, no. Nothing is gained from her parents' death in terms of story and the fact that rabid wolves (who'd die of their disease in short order btw) seems rather forced as well.if. I guess you could make her a wolfpony (the "were" in werewolf means "man"), but it would be har avoiding a special snowflake vibe. Her personality does not match someone living in the wild.

0/10 Would start over

Overall: 1/10

If you want to keep the wolf angle, make her a ark ranger of some sort, maybe to the point that she prefers the company of wolves over ponies' and rarely ventures back to civilization.

@AmberDust

Amber Dust (Amber Dustception!)

Design:

Love iiiit!!

Really not much t say about the design, hits me in all the right places.

Minor suggestions:

-Maybe put in a small gap into the upper part of the mane (see Twilight's mane)

-the cuffs look a tiny bit distracting, maybe make them a bit smaller or break them up into a few rings/an industrial

As for colours, Option 1 all the way.

Going off your avatar, maybe brighten up the mane colours juust a bit and shift the hue slightly towards the colouredd pencil pic. Also make the small swirly bit on her cutiemark a bit brighter (the hue of the medium highlight in her iris would be perfect).

9/10

Backstory:

Again, very nice stuff.

Her personality is well done, but feels like the result of a long design process, that could do with being gone over and preened a bit for the sake of coherency (her wanting to be designer comes up only once and some of her personality traits are a bit contradictory ).

Maybe go a bit more into what exactly she's doing for a living and where exactly she got her stories from as a filly.

8/10

Overall: 8.5/10

Btw I love the extra effort/extra stuff you put into her profile, very interesting and enjoyable to read.

Vera Alithea

Design:

I like it; easy and memorable. The different horn is a nice touch.

-the eye needs some desaturation

-mane colour looks a bit artificial, maybe make it a bit paler (maybe something along this pony's mane)

-the cloven hooves look a bit out of place, either get rid of them or go all clkassic unicorn with the lion tail

-maybe give her an accesory (e.g. a saddlebag for records)

7/10

Backstory:

I do like her working a record shop, nice and fitting for the setting.

As for her magic, I like the idea of her horn serving as a bit of a lie detector (maybe make it a bit unreliable), but her memory scrambling ability seems abit..overpowered?

You did a great job of laying out the ethical rammifications, but if she won't use her ability, why include it at all? Same for her parents losing their memories; it does't really add anything to Vera as a character. Also, I think Luminous would make for a great alternative name.

6/10

Overall: 6.5/10 Good character, could use some polish

• Brohoof 2

Okay, after a looong absence from the forums, I'm ressurecting this thread. I'll try to keep up a pace of 3+ reviews aday to eventually catch up.

Wolf

Design:

Yeah, no. Black and white hardly ever works for OCs and this is not one of these times. The accesoires could work but don't make a whole lot of sense for a pony living in the wild. Overall she should look a whole lot scruffier.

2/10

Backstory: Again, no. Nothing is gained from her parents' death in terms of story and the fact that rabid wolves (who'd die of their disease in short order btw) seems rather forced as well.if. I guess you could make her a wolfpony (the "were" in werewolf means "man"), but it would be har avoiding a special snowflake vibe. Her personality does not match someone living in the wild.

0/10 Would start over

If you want to keep the wolf angle, make her a ark ranger of some sort, maybe to the point that she prefers the company of wolves over ponies' and rarely ventures back to civilization.

@AmberDust

Design:

Love iiiit!!

Minor suggestions:

-the cuffs look a tiny bit distracting, maybe make them a bit smaller or break them up into a few rings/an industrial

Going off your avatar, maybe brighten up the mane colours juust a bit and shift the hue slightly towards the colouredd pencil pic. Also make the small swirly bit on her cutiemark a bit brighter (the hue of the medium highlight in her iris would be perfect).

9/10

Backstory:

Again, very nice stuff.

Her personality is well done, but feels like the result of a long design process, that could do with being gone over and preened a bit for the sake of coherency (her wanting to be designer comes up only once and some of her personality traits are a bit contradictory ).

Maybe go a bit more into what exactly she's doing for a living and where exactly she got her stories from as a filly.

8/10

Btw I love the extra effort/extra stuff you put into her profile, very interesting and enjoyable to read.

Vera Alithea

Design:

-mane colour looks a bit artificial, maybe make it a bit paler (maybe something along this pony's mane)

-the cloven hooves look a bit out of place, either get rid of them or go all clkassic unicorn with the lion tail

7/10

Backstory:

As for her magic, I like the idea of her horn serving as a bit of a lie detector (maybe make it a bit unreliable), but her memory scrambling ability seems abit..overpowered?

You did a great job of laying out the ethical rammifications, but if she won't use her ability, why include it at all? Same for her parents losing their memories; it does't really add anything to Vera as a character. Also, I think Luminous would make for a great alternative name.

6/10

Will you still review mine?

• Brohoof 1

Wolf

Design:

2/10

0/10 Would start over

@AmberDust

Design:

Love iiiit!!

Minor suggestions:

9/10

Backstory:

Again, very nice stuff.

8/10

Vera Alithea

Design:

7/10

Backstory:

6/10

Yeah, boy! Revive that thread!

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

@AmberDust

Design:

Love iiiit!!

Minor suggestions:

9/10

Backstory:

Again, very nice stuff.

8/10

Thank you for your kind words and advice. :)

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with the colour scheme. ^^ Even now that I have the basic scheme down, I'm giving myself a headache trying to decide on the nitty-gritty. (Her coat being blue-green vs. yellow-green, etc.)

I'll try out your suggestion. :) Maybe I could get back to you when I figure it out?