Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hiatus Joke in IDW Comics

IJoinedForPonies

As this topic has more to do with the comics than the show itself, I have moved it to the Printed Media sub forum. Please keep in mind the general idea of your topic and its proper location.

Thank you, and carry on. :)

• Brohoof 2

symbolism is just fascinating. it could mean multiple things or it could just be the authors messing around with its viewers in thinking (my thought) that the goat is hasbro wanting not to continue season 5 or any other company and applejack representing the bronies which are trying their best to keep the show alive ( just my idea prob way off but you know.) again i could mean a lot of things but we just don't know yet 

That Applejack likes goat se... :mustache:   erm, I mean, yeah, I see that the goat ate the script.... That's what I meant...  :blush:

symbolism is just fascinating. it could mean multiple things

Yeah. That's why I always advice to anypony interested in cracking symbols to pay attention to the context of the symbols, because it is the context which holds the keys to unlock the meaning of a particular symbol. The context chooses one particular meaning from many different meanings a symbol could have. E.g. a swastika could mean Hitler and Nazis, but only on the context of World War II. If you look at it from the context of Eastern tradition, it is a holy symbol of luck and well being, so completely opposite to what it means to Western people. Similarly, a pentagram is usually thought of as a symbol of the devil, but in Paganism and Wicca it is a symbol of the Goddess, or Mother Nature, the feminine side, and it is related to the planet Venus (because it traces a shape of a pentagram with its orbital cycle relative to Earth), and to the ancient cultures it was a symbol of human being (five senses and five limbs of the body). For Pythagoreans, it was a symbol of their secret wisdom about numbers and the Golden Ratio, which is ever present in the pentagram in the ratios of its line segments.

@, wow, you're definitely into something :> This might be interesting if they incorporated another villain from previous generations. Kind of cheap trick, but still interesting, judging by how they resurrected Lord Tirek. Edited by SasQ

So THAT'S why it's starting so late!

Well this explains everything!

It's obvious what they're trying to tell us here: a goat is the main villain in Season Five.

Goat you ask? Well what goat could it possibly be?

THIS GOAT:

img-3305052-1-Grogar.jpg

After Tirek, I wouldn't be very surprised (and it WOULD be awesome! :D)