Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Groundhog Day 1x1

HunterTSN

OOC

@

February 2nd, 8:00 AM, loop 0

Clean Livin' awoke, as he did most every morning, to the monotonous screech of an alarm clock. Sluggishly he dragged himself from the comfort of his warm bed and began his usual routine; first he shaved and brushed his teeth, then he got dressed for his usual workday, finally he heading downstairs for a bowl of oatmeal. While in the middle of his breakfast, Clean Livin' heard a loud knock on his front door that drew his attention away from his food.

((Sorry for the cheesy narrated intro, it'll get better I promise ;)))

Edited by HunterTSN

Clean looked up at the knock. He looks down at his food, a struggle of what to do taking place inside him. Finally he gets up goes to the door, casting a backward glance towards his bowl 'o oats hoping that they don't go cold during his time away. He walks up to the door and opens it. "Yes? Who is it?" He asks, his mind still slightly preoccupied by his food. 
(sorry for focusing so much on his food, but I didn't have much to start with and thought it might be good for a laugh. 

• Brohoof 1

Outside the door was a diminutive grey peagsus, Clean quickly recognized her as the mailmare, however she didn't usually come to the door.

"Sorry for the intrusion, your mailbox is out and I didn't want to leave this on your doorstep. It looks like mostly junk but still, get that mailbox fixed soon kay?" she said in a chirpy Manehatten accent as she handed Clean his mail. Through the door Clean could see where a cart must have knocked over his mailbox, drivers seemed to have been driving increasingly reckless lately.

Edited by HunterTSN

Clean looks over the mail mare's shoulder and sighs. "I thought I heard something last night. Ok, thanks. I'll have that looked at right away." He rifled through his mail quickly, then sighs. She was right. It was mostly junk. He looks back up at her, a sheepish smile on his face. "Thank you very much. I appriciate you taking your time to get my mail to me, miss...?" He asks, realizing he didn't know here name. 

((Time to ramp things up a bit ;)))

"Name's Zephyr. I'd stay to chat some more, but I've got a lot of mail left, maybe we'll catch up later." With that the grey mare bowed and made her way back to the curb. No sooner had she stepped onto the sidewalk when, from around the corner, came the screeching of rubber on asphalt. The cart was moving nearly to fast for the pony eye to follow, and by the time Clean's mind could register what was about to happen it was already far too late. Zephyr couldn't even scream before the speeding cart flattened her against the concrete, killing her instantly.

(( :blush:  oh my gosh))

Clean just stares for a minute, his mouth open wide. Then, sprinting down his steps as fast as he could ran out to where the car had hit Zypher and crashed. When he came up to Zypher, he knew it was to late for her. Blinking back tears, he moved on to the car. It was in pretty bad shape, and had also made a huge mess of his yard, but his main concern right now was the driver. He raced up to the car and tried to pull the door open, yelling "Hey, whoever is inside, are you ok?" 

The door swung open with a metallic creak, revealing a dazed driver who -judging from the blood on their brow- must have knocked their head against the dashboard in the crash. Without taking notice of Clean's presence, the stupefied pony quietly muttered "I think I hit a cat" before falling unconscious onto the wheel.

Edited by HunterTSN

Clean's eyes widen and he takes a step back, unable to take his eyes off the scene. Breaking out of his stupor, he shakes his head and then dashes inside to get his phone. Dialing the hospital and police, he reported the accidemt. "Yes, hospital, theres been a horrible accident. You might want to send some police to stop the road before things get worse."

It took a grueling three minutes for the ambulance to arrive and another five for the medical ponies to scrape Zephyr's remains into a bodybag. As he watched the scene from his doorway, Clean found himself being approached by a stout police officer toting a pen and clipboard. 

"You are Clean Livin' right?" the officer said in a brusque voice. "We're going to need a witness testimony of events, would you come by the office and give a report?" 

Clean blinked. "Now officer? I...uh..." he looked at the clock. He had work in an hour or so, and his breakfast had gone cold, not that he could stomach food now. He worked it out in his head quickly, thinking that he could go down to the office, then still make it to work in time to help open the coffee shop. He might be able to even get a bite to eat...if his stomach could handle it. "Sure officer. I...I guess I can do that now..." he replied, his voice shaky.

Edited by Fictional_Author7

"Perfect, I'll take you by. You can call me Officer Stonewall" the stallion said as he strolled back to his squad car parked on the sidewalk, Clean Livin' in tow. "Go ahead and jump in on the passenger side, no reason to put you in the back" Stonewall said, turning on the radio with his magic.

Clean nervously nodded and, after closing and locking the door to his house, followed the officer to his car, his head spinning with the current events. He made it to the door of the officers car and opened it, climbing inside. He shut the door after him, and buckled up, hoping his time calculations weren't off. Hopefully this would be over soon and some work would take his mind off the recent events.

After almost 45 minutes of sitting in the waiting room of the police office flipping through tabloids, Clean Livin' began to expect that he wasn't going to make it to work on time. Finally a gruff voice called his name and Clean looked up to see Officer Stonewall. the same unicorn stallion who had given him the ride.

"Sorry 'bout the wait, we were holding off for some confirmation from the hospital. Apparently they couldn't save the mare, like you need to be a doctor to tell that" Stonewall deadpanned before gesturing for Clean to follow him. The next room was small and empty, filled only by a lonely table topped with a microphone. "All the paperwork is covered, just go ahead and take a seat in front of the mic and recount the event to the best of you abilities."

Clean nods. "Alright. I woke up this morning, and went downstairs to get my breakfast ready as I usually do. Before I could eat though, there was a knock on my door. I opened it and the mail mare Zephyr greeted me. After we conversed, she gave me my mail and went on her way. As she was leaving my yard though, a car came around the corner and hit her, killing her, I assume, almost instantly. I knew there was no way she survived, so, instead of looking at her I went to check on the pony in the car, then I called the hospital and the police and, well, you know the rest." He finished his tale with a sigh. He blamed the desensitization of society for his not losing it the moment he saw Zephyr killed, but it was still traumatic to see somepony die right before your eyes. 

Officer Stonewall seemed unphased by Clean's testimonial and merely jotted something on his clipboard before standing up and switching off the mic.

"Alright you're done" the large stallion said, patting Clean on the shoulder. "Where do ya work kid? I'll drop you off before ya end up too late." A quick glance at the wall clock told Clean he still had about ten minutes before the shop opened.

Edited by HunterTSN

"I...uh, I work at the little coffee shop downtown. I'm supposed to help open it." he said, trying to focus his mind on the work ahead. He couldn't let himself be to distracted. His coworkers and boss might not like that. "I'm sorry it's so far out of the way..." His voice trailed off, he didn't like being a bother to other ponies. 

The officer blew him off with a wave of his hoof. "Don't worry none, If it weren't for you I'd probably be sittin' on the side of a highway somewhere. Come on I'm parked out back."

The car ride went smoothly for about 30 seconds before a malfunctioning traffic light brought their progress to a painful crawl. Clean could see the frustration on the police stallions face as the morning commuter's traffic inched along. Suddenly without warning, Stonewall flipped a switch on the police console causing the squad car to light up. The road cleared rapidly as the sound of the sirens filled the air. "Now this is what it really means to be an officer!" Stonewall said with a low chuckle as he sped past dozens of parked cars.

Finally moving, the police car was puling up in front of the small café where Clean worked in just under five minutes. Out front Clean could see the shop owner, a young mare aptly named Coffeebean, unlocking the front doors.

Clean thanked the police officer for his generosity and got out of the car. His first few steps were a bit wobbly, a bit of a mix between the fast car ride and his experience this morning. After a few more steps though, he was able to walk relatively normally again. He approached the doors and Coffeebean, coughing purposefully then saying, "Hi, I hope I'm not late. There was a bit of an...accident this morning. Everythings fine now though." Then he asks timidly. "Are you just opening up?"    

"Is that why you showed up in a police car? I thought I was about to get arrested" Coffeebean said with a light chuckle before turning back to the door. "I'm trying to get this thing opened up, some kids musta come by last night and jammed chewing gum in the keyhole. I've been fiddling with the thing for the last ten minutes and I've just about-" there was a crisp click as the key finally turned and the door swung open "-got it!" Triumphantly Coffee walked in to the small shop, tossing her purse onto the counter before heading into the back. "Go ahead and set up the bar, I'm just getting some cream out of the fridge. I noticed we were running low yesterday" her muffled voice shouted from one of the back rooms.

The rest of the day passed without any hiccups. business went as usual and if Coffeebean noticed Clean's odd behavior due to that mornings accident then she didn't bring it up. Finally it was closing time and Coffeebean offered Clean Livin' a ride home due to his apparent lack of transport. After being dropped off Clean headed upstairs and prepared for the night, ready to forget the events of the day and move onward.

February 2nd, 8:00 AM, loop 1

Clean Livin' awoke, as he did most every morning, to the monotonous screech of an alarm clock. Sluggishly he dragged himself from the comfort of his warm bed and began his usual routine; first he shaved and brushed his teeth, then he got dressed for the workday, finally he headed downstairs for a bowl of oatmeal. While in the middle of his breakfast, Clean Livin' heard a loud knock on his front door that drew his attention away from his food. Suddenly he had the strangest feeling of déjà vu.

Edited by HunterTSN

@@HunterTSN

Clean, pausing at the vague sense of deja vu, shivered and shook off the feeling. He didn't want to relive the events of yesterday. He sat down, trying to ignore the knocking. Finally he got up and, looking back at his food, worried that it would be cold, went over and opened the door to find...Zyphyr? He stood there staring a moment at her before blinking and working up the courage to poke her in the nose. She seemed solid enough. Maybe he was dreaming? He face-hoofed...hard. There was a loud smacking sound as his hoof connected with his skull. He stood there a moment, waving back and forth on the spot for a moment, dizzy from hitting himself so hard, but when he shook his head, she was still there. Finally he worked up the courage to ask "Zyphyr? Is that you? Are you really here...alive?" 

Zephyr blinked and stared at Clean as though he had just sprouted a wings and a horn before flying off to join the princesses in Canterlot.

"Uh, I'm sorry?" she said, taking a second to decide how she should respond. "Yeah I'm here and... alive... I think. Are you okay? You are Clean Livin' right? I have your mail." The young mare held out a stack of envelopes.

Edited by HunterTSN

@@HunterTSN

Clean took the mail...just staring at her for a moment. He looked down at his mail, and his eyes grew wide. "Febuary second? But...I thought...I had to work...but...I...I don't...yeah. I'm Clean Livin'. That mail is for me. I...er...uh...I apologize for how I've been acting...um. I, uh. I had the strangest dream last night and...well...this might sound weird, but if you could humor for a moment...could you wait here for a few minutes? Just stay on the doorstep for a few minutes of so? Like I said, this might sound crazy, but if you could humor me?" An idea had started forming in Clean's mind, but he needed some sort of proof to back it up. He nervously kept glancing at the clock, as if expecting something to happen. 

Zephyr looked conflicted

"Well you know it's not that I don't want to help out with whatever, I would. It's just that I really need to finish my rounds or this mail won't ever get delivered" the small mare said awkwardly as she began to inch away from Clean. As she neared the sidewalk there was the unmistakable sound of screeching rubber on asphalt.

@@HunterTSN,

Clean heard the sound of the car, and that was all the confirmation he needed. "WAIT!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. He quickly jumped forward, knocking Zephyr out of the way. Looking up, he saw the car and his eyes widened. He heard somepony yelling, it might've been him. He wasn't sure. He closed his eyes tight tightly, waiting for the end. 

February 2nd, 8:00 AM, loop 2

The impact never came, or at least Clean never felt it, and he instead found himself jerked awake by the loud monotonous shrieking of his alarm clock. Quickly scurrying out of bed, Clean ran to the tear-off calendar hanging on his wall in order to make sure his suspicions weren't merely a dream. Unfortunately, just as he'd expected, the date read the 1st of February. He had forgotten to change it the night before.