gaming Why do PC gamers get so frustrated with console gamers? (mild rant)

AEDAZ

On a related note, we have one of the great gaming mysteries:

First Person Shooters are very popular on consoles, but it's harder to play them with a controller.

It's actually a very simple explanation. As has been said before, consoles are much easier to get started and use, and thus bring a younger demographic to gaming. First Person Shooters are known for being popular among younger people due to their usually simple plot lines, straightforward mechanics, and instant gratification of our desire to kill the 'bad guys'. Overall the popularity of Shooters on console is due to demographic differences, leading to a large number of younger players only experiencing that facet of gaming, and nothing else.

Mystery solved?

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, the best The Sims games outside of PC that I've played are the ones where they don't even try to recreate the mechanics of the game and just do their own thing. I think it was The Sims 2 on Nintendo DS that I really liked because it was more of an adventure game.

When I've tried to play The Sims on my 360 it's aggravating because you have to flip through so many damn sub menus to do anything. The Sims was only ever meant to be a keyboard and mouse game.

I don't know. I've never really heard of a good The Sims on a console, but I don't think it has to do with the format of the control. They just water down the game too much.

The bigger factors I'd give for The Sims being best on the PC is Expansion Packs (although that is a double-edged sword, as EA has now decided to shove features to EPs that could have easily been in the base game) and modding/custom content.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

Actually, in couple of those cases it's not a matter of merely being different. Especially the religious and atheists getting frustrated with each other. (I'm not saying that it's impossible to get along, but given the very nature of religions like Christianity, it's not easy, perhaps not even practical if we take them as they are. If you wish to discuss this further you can PM me because this is not the place lol)

I've learned a little in this topic myself, why PC gamers are a little frustrated. I had never heard about games being held back because of the power of consoles. Oh well, I still don't care, as the PC series I play are actually horrifically watered down when they are released on consoles, consoles never hold them back (The Sims).

I know there are inevitably going to be issues among people with differing religious views, but life tends to be better for everyone when people are able to set aside their differences.

...But that's just my opinion.

My PC with a GTX 460 is unable to run AC:Unity above 15 fps, but yet the PS4 seems to be more powerful, so I'm not exaclty in the camp of elitist rich snobs with mega pcs that the average person can't afford. The GTX 460 is a mainstream card from 2010.

However, PC seems to have the very good argument that the console industry is holding gaming back. I don't know about whether it's easier or more casual (seems irrelevant unless you're playing an MMO) but I do agree that it's rather annoying that graphics and gaming power plateu until the next generation of consoles come out.

Of course, there's the other side of the argument - consoles help games run on lower-end PCs because gaming companies are really forced to make their game extremely efficient in order to achieve greater heights than the console normally allows. In the same vein, it helps more casual gamers to not have to replace their PC every 3 years, but closer to 6 or 7.

I feel that my current computer setup can hold out at least until 2016 or 2017. Sure, I can't run DA2 in max settings on 60 fps, but on High and without one option and the hi-res textures I can run at 60+ easy. AC4BF was also very smooth. I noticed all games that arrive at the PS4 run pretty terribly on my computer, probably due to not being forced to optimize.

Edited by Inactive User

My PC with a GTX 460 is unable to run AC:Unity above 15 fps
 It's a Ubisoft game, they have forgotten how to make video games that run well and don't stick to the same formula of "Go to point, push button and watch short cutscene, get more of the map". Game runs poorly even on the consoles.
  • Brohoof 3

It's a Ubisoft game, they have forgotten how to make video games that run well and don't stick to the same formula of "Go to point, push button and watch short cutscene, get more of the map". Game runs poorly even on the consoles.

It's such a shame. My greatest motivator for playing Assassin's Creed is knowing what happens next in modern time, since that's the only consistent storyline they have (outside of the Ezio line). I'm currently afraid of spoilers since a lot of my friends will probably move on to that once they're tired of Inquisition.

It's such a shame. My greatest motivator for playing Assassin's Creed is knowing what happens next in modern time, since that's the only consistent storyline they have (outside of the Ezio line). I'm currently afraid of spoilers since a lot of my friends will probably move on to that once they're tired of Inquisition.

Yeah, corporate greed happened and the game was rushed out before it was ready. What a shame, honestly.

Devolver Digital is just as bad, I have a 750ti and Shadow Warrior(the new one) borderline runs like shit jumping all over the place from 40 to 80FPS even with the settings fairly low.  It's unoptimized wreck(it also likes to crash the whole computer if it's having a bad day)

Serious Sam 3 is the same to a lesser extent. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

Inactive User, on 22 Dec 2014 - 5:46 PM, said: My PC with a GTX 460 is unable to run AC:Unity above 15 fps  It's a Ubisoft game, they have forgotten how to make video games that run well and don't stick to the same formula of "Go to point, push button and watch short cutscene, get more of the map". Game runs poorly even on the consoles.

This.  I have a rather powerful custom built PC rig and even I won't touch Ubisoft games anymore.  Not because I don't think I will be able to run the game, but because Ubisoft seems to demonstrate nothing but absolute contempt for its customers, treating them like habitual criminals that will pirate their games at the first opportunity.  There are games such as Heroes of Might and Magic 6 and Anno 2070 that I decided I just really do not need because I don't feel like buying from Ubisoft anymore.

• Brohoof 1

This.  I have a rather powerful custom built PC rig and even I won't touch Ubisoft games anymore.  Not because I don't think I will be able to run the game, but because Ubisoft seems to demonstrate nothing but absolute contempt for its customers, treating them like habitual criminals that will pirate their games at the first opportunity.  There are games such as Heroes of Might and Magic 6 and Anno 2070 that I decided I just really do not need because I don't feel like buying from Ubisoft anymore.

Honestly? Unless they go so dirt cheap on Steam that's the hassle is worth it I don't see myself paying for any more Ubisoft games(and this is coming from someone that loves Assassin's Creed to death)

• Brohoof 1

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

• 5 years later...

Sounds like a battle that is kinda unnecessary. I have a PC and it can play games, and I also have consoles. Of course the consoles do the games better since they were uniquely built for them. PC are still struggling with, because of all different hardware configurations and no standard for gaming

• Brohoof 2

There's certainly a lot of PC elitism out there, which is especially sad because there are great gaming experiences to be had on both platforms! Playing FPS on PC when you get the hang of it is such fun, and immersing yourself in a great Zelda game is something you'd miss out on if you neglect consoles.

There are experiences I prefer with mouse and keyboard, like World of Warcraft which I absolutely can't imagine on a console, and experiences that I prefer with controller, like most 3D Nintendo games of which none are available on PC.

¿Por qué no los dos? :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

❤︎ Octavia ❤︎ • Art ThreadDeviantArtTwitchTwitterSteam

Well, pc games have one undeniable advantage - Steam, it's much cheaper and efficient than any console store I've seen. Everything else is just fanboyism

• Brohoof 1

I don't get frustrated with console players...pity.png.8a588491e04e48a1272c8ebfeb5629c3.png

(Hey, I have a PS4 myself!)

Jokes aside, I think people should like what they like, and good for them. If you have to prove "PC gamers are better than console players", or "hardcore gamers are better than casual gamers", or really feel a need to put others down to make yourself feel good through any means, then you probably have self-esteem issues of your own to deal with.

PCs aren't better than consoles (or vice versa) anymore than beef is better than chicken. Just chow down!

Happy minion of The Fabulous One!

img-2257-1-sig-2257.sig-2257.sig-2257.Full_Spectrum2_2.jpg

Signature by Midnightive

Check out my blog! https://mlpforums.com/blog/1083-sunny-side-den/

Who dared to revive this topic from the deepest pits of hell? Seriously, there was a very frustrating argument in this topic. I'm glad to see the member responsible for it is long gone, but why revive this topic that I like to forget existed?

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!