Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on moths?

Hansel

These moths? These ones are ugly. When I see one in the house I catch it and bring it outside.

file-20200519-152327-xhd0u7.jpg?ixlib=rb

Cute moths? I've never seen a moth that's much different than the one pictured above. If there was a cute moth though, I would still put it outside.

Edit: I don't hate bugs. Just moths. And spiders. Everything else is fine though. (I let daddy long leg and house spiders stay in too)

I've had ant and fruit fly infestations before. Not fun. I had to wait until they all left in the winter and then tape all the cracks in the house shut and had to make sure I don't leave food out ever again.

Edited by QurkyThePegasus

• 9 months later...
(edited)

The little ones that like to get in the house or like to appear when I'm trying to eat a sandwich in the dark, resulting in their dust getting everywhere including on my food? No not really. 

These ones, the North American Giant Silk Moth, or whatever, I find interesting. Their giant antennas, the wings that look like a face, the fact that all they do in this stage is live for 2 weeks and have no mouth or similar so all they do is mate, and how hairy they are. We have them, don't know why, but we see them every year as they like to sit in odd places, like on the door at face level not moving until you move the door, or like here it was right in a wheel track before I moved it. They definitely do have a strong grip.

Bad part about them is a camera with auto focus doesn't like to focus on them though. 

Copy Copy Copy Copy KIMG0119.jpg

Edited by TheGleaner

• 3 weeks later...