Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching The City of Ponyville: OOC, Planning and Sign-up

legionbrony

http://mlpforums.com/topic/117436-the-city-of-ponyville-rp/

Sign-ups are closed for now, sorry!

In the distant future of Equestria, technology has advanced to the point modern-day tech is at in our world.  Ponyville is a bustling metropolis, and Canterlot even more so.  Cell phones, automobiles, electric lights. 

But something is very different from the Equestria we know and love.  Something is missing:  magic.  There are no unicorns.  There are no princesses, and instead the government is democratic.  Pegasi do not control the weather.  And furthermore, if you ask anypony on the street, they will likely tell you magic does not exist and never has.  What a ridiculous concept!

You will play a group of characters who are abruptly transported into the future of Ponyville with no warning by somepony, or something, who does not deign to reveal itself.  The only information you have been given by this individual is that "You are the ones who can reverse the horrors that have been wrought upon Equestria" and other dramatic tripe like that.  How are you expected to do that when you know nothing?

I will be the Game Master, controlling the NPCs.  As for the story, each player will have a significant impact on it, of course; I will simply be here to nudge it in the right direction in case of stagnation, or if the players get a bit off-track.  Don't worry, I'll do my best to help keep you from feeling lost, because that is often what happens when one RPs in someone else's universe, and I know it ruins the experience and makes it hard to have fun.  But, at the same time, spoiling all of the secrets will also ruin the experience, so I can't just tell you everything about this future world right off the bat.  And, at the end of the day, your character IS completely new to this world, so a little bit of confusion is not out of place.  :3

Please do not make more than one or two posts between my posts.  This will ensure that you don't get ahead of the RP or the other players, and everyone should have a chance to post without going to bed and waking up to find that there are 15 or 30 new posts all made by two people.  Don't worry, I will post once or twice a day if needed, so you should not have to wait too long normally.

Since this RP may contain some combat situations, I will have to ask that you let me be the final judge of most of these.  I will try my best to make everything fair, and I am not extremely controlling, or out to get you like some GMs.  But we can't have your character being a one-pony army, no, no, that wouldn't do.  Everypony should win some, and lose some.  If you can't RP this well and be mature about it, I will have to ask you to leave, as much as I hate to do that kind of thing.

Romance is allowed, but not at the expense of the rest of the RP.  I'm all for some action-romance, but you're probably not going to find a place to snuggle up for very long and make googly eyes at each other.  Just saying, you will want to be on your toes...so to speak.  I mean...cause ponies don't have toes.  You know what I mean.  Don't get caught flat-footed.  Flat-hooved?  NEVER MIND

Finally... this is just a hint.   One of my rules for RPing is this:  The more power your character has, the more it costs to have it.  That means a lot of different things for a lot of different characters, and it's hard to make a general example, but it's just advice after all.  If you get what I mean, good. :3

If you have any questions about the story, your character, the rules, or really anything, feel free to throw me a PM.  I know this all might look like a lot and it might be intimidating (or maybe not, I don't know), but I promise I don't bite.  x3  I may be willing to change some things you are not happy with if you PM me with a good reason, or if it is obviously better than what I am doing.

You can link your character, or fill this sheet out, or both, whatever you prefer:

Name:

Species: (No Alicorns allowed)

Cutie Mark: (If applicable)

Special Talent: (Goes with Cutie Mark)

Appearance:  (If no picture)

Personality:

Backstory: (If you want)

Other:

Player Characters:

Nightlight Sparkle: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/nightlight-sparkle-r7634

Sinusoid Mixolydian:  http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sinusoid-mixolydian-r7380

Zephyr (HunterTSN): http://mlpforums.com/page/eqw-characters/_/approved/zephyr-r229 

Mirror Slash (Concerto Dusk): http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mirror-slash-r6795

Starchase (Swinton): http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/starchase-r7595

Stained Steel (dashian500): http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/stained-steel-r4275

Red Note (Christmas Red): http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/red-note-r7376

Non-Player Characters Met:

Name Unknown -- Unicorn --  Black coat, grey mane and tail, brown eyes.  Wearing a black duster.

Edited by legionbrony
  • Brohoof 1

I'll apply with stained steel link in sig this sounds fum

Uhm, I'm afraid based on your character that you might not meet my standards for grammar, spelling, etc.

No offense but I'm gonna have to decline

Hmm, accepted!  He doesn't seem to be a character who would be at home in this type of RP per se, but that makes it all the more interesting.

• Brohoof 1

I am interested; my character is here: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sinusoid-mixolydian-r7380

Its alright I understand

Hard finding rps that'll accept me even though English is my second laguge

That might excuse incorrect grammar and spelling, but capitalization and punctuation are important parts of almost every language in the world; with your apparent knowledge of English, it could clearly be expected for you to avoid run-on sentences. Your character's entire paragraph-length backstory is one sentence. ONE SENTENCE. Edited by Sinusoid Mixolydian

Yes, yes it does. :) So, what now? Do I jump in, or are we still awaiting others?

I haven't created the RP yet, I will do so either tomorrow (If I have time, it is Christmas) or the day after that.

Right now I need to go to bed!  xD

Accepted!

Wow thought this place was supposed to be full of nice accepting people guess I was wrong merry Christmas or happy holidays which ever you prefer

And no one needs your input you're not the gm nor me so you have no place Im this so kindly jrep your comments to yourself ands its a run on because I made it on mobile with a phone that kept restarting itself

Zephyr

Wow thought this place was supposed to be full of nice accepting people guess I was wrong merry Christmas or happy holidays which ever you prefer
And no one needs your input you're not the gm nor me so you have no place Im this so kindly jrep your comments to yourself ands its a run on because I made it on mobile with a phone that kept restarting itself

Although it may have been put harshly, he does have a point; if you can't post normally without run-on sentences, misspellings, and grammar mistakes then how can you expect to do so in an RP? Maybe if you take it as criticism rather than an attack it will help you out in the long run.

Edited by HunterTSN

Voice comes through In the writing, and I can detect the voice. If it was to be taken as constructive criticism then it should have been penned that way. And I'd like to point out the age of the oc page, I'm still working on learning English and I'm getting better each day. Learn go use your heads for reasoning instead of attacking.

Voice comes through In the writing, and I can detect the voice. If it was to be taken as constructive criticism then it should have been penned that way. And I'd like to point out the age of the oc page, I'm still working on learning English and I'm getting better each day. Learn go use your heads for reasoning instead of attacking.

I never said it was given as constructive criticism, just that you should take it that way to better yourself. Now this conversation has become incredibly off-topic from the RP and will not be continued, I will not comment any more on the subject and I suggest you do the same.

Edited by HunterTSN

Zephyr

Although it may have been put harshly, he does have a point; if you can't post normally without run-on sentences, misspellings, and grammar mistakes then how can you expect to do so in an RP? Maybe if you take it as criticism rather than an attack it will help you out in the long run.

Accepted!  That kind of personality is always fun to have in RPs, as well. :D  And the only mare character so far.

Accepted.

Sure!  Accepted.  I have a feeling your character may get the 'great' adventure he's been wanting, though I'm not sure if he'll like it as well as he thought he would. :P  It won't be finding ruins or fighting pirates, either, haha.

Anyways, I'll get the RP up either tonight or tomorrow, sorry for the slight wait!  Five characters is a good number, but this just isn't a RP where it works to join late, so I want to get a good number beforehand so if some leave we aren't crippled.  xD

Edited by legionbrony
  • Brohoof 1

I assume it wouldn't be possible to put me on a trail, and if at any point and time you feel my grammar and spelling isn't where you want it then you can kick me no questions asked?

Well if you had been typing like this right off the bat, I probably wouldn't have refused you in the first place. :P  The quoted post here is far, far better than either the character sheet or most of the prior posts you made, so obviously you are capable of proper English conventions.  Why you weren't using them before is beyond me.

I don't have a problem if you join, but just like anyone else, like I said above, I want to keep the RP nice for everyone else, and in order to do that I might have to kick people if they can't RP well in one way or another, even though I don't like to.  It's nothing against the people I kick personally.

Sounds like a very interesting concept! I would love to join in and use Red Note if I can. Link should be in my siggy.

You're just in time, haha, I was just about to close the sign ups :3

Accepted!

Hey Dashian, could you fix up your latest post?  It's pretty hard to understand and it's lacking some crucial language mechanics.  Thanks! 

Also, Hunter, I'm not sure what the date is in canon Equestria so I'm not sure how to put a date that will make sense xD

Do you just want me to tell you how far in the future the date is or something?

Well apparently we're 200 years in the future, problem solved... I guess.

Not exactly. The date on the news article is 200 years from when they existed, but they have yet to find out how far into the future they actually are. My guess is far, far after the incident the article mentions, seeing as how they'd have no need for newspaper once they had internet.

Edited by Nightlight Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1