Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the Mane 6 Ever Find Love?

Zero000

I wouldn't like it personally, because then their boyfriends would be regularly recurring characters that too much episode plot would be spent on, instead of the regular zany silly stuff of the show. The show would become about romance and all that. Blargh.

Posted Image

Edited by Pegasus25

Considering that all of the Mane 6 have been described as being in their early-to-mid teens, the most I'd expect would be perhaps minor crushes that last for an episode or so, but simply for the purpose of teaching a lesson in friendship. I highly doubt that we'll ever see long-term relationships for any of the Mane 6, unless the series lasts for quite a few seasons and, as a result, some progression in character story-arcs is called for, in which case such a scenario would be reasonable, at least for one or two of the Mane 6.

I don't want them too!! Their partners could get in the way, or even destroy, their friendship!! Though something like that could make for a good 1 episode thing, it wouldn't really work out in the long run. Think of the Mane 6 as "The Beatles", a potential love interest as Yoko Ono ;)

They don't need crushes but I think it would be nice if they had more recurring male friends that are nice. They don't even need to be ponies because their world has a lot of mythical species.

The show tends to depict male characters rather badly like the teen dragons, snips and snails and those bully pegasi that knew RD. The only redeeming male character that's most noticeable is Spike.