Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

should there be a mlp college?

DJPON-3-#Power11

How would that even work?

My thoughts are;

First of all, you'd need it to produce some sort of academic value or people would consider it's education as worthless. Plus, how many MLP loving professors and teachers can you find? You'd need reliable, skilled people to teach students, after all. Lastly, will only MLP fans be allowed to apply? That one would cripple income and serve as a detriment to others, telling them to stay away from the college. 

• Brohoof 4

Since this topic deals with discussing the fandom, it is more suited towards Sugarcube Corner and has been moved.  Keep in mind in the future, General Discussion, Debate Pit, and Media Discussion are reserved for topics not having to do with My Little Pony or the fandom.  Any topic discussing the fandom or MLP should go in the appropriate section in MLP:FiM.

Thanks!

• Brohoof 2

I...think this idea is pretty dumb for it to just be centered around mlp. A cartoon college however would be a cool idea. We could call it ACME University! :D But they already have schools like that. Art/Flim/Game/Animation schools, but if the schools offer a history course, voice acting courses, and stuff like that and im sure they do. Then that's pretty cool.

Heh. I guess they do have classes like that.

http://www.regent.edu/acad/undergrad/academics/degree/communication/animation_req.cfm

http://www.sva.edu/continuing-education/animation/related-courses

• Brohoof 2

It would take quite a lot of time and money to do something like that and what practical purpose would it fulfill that a simple brony group/club couldn't?

Not very practical in my opinion, seems to me there is already a college for Such, it is called My Little Pony, Friendship *is* Magic, and indeed, I have learned much watching the series.

BRONY college..... Hell no. I'm pretty sure the money is not in the advance research of cartoon ponies....

Exactly what I was thinking. xD

Still a fan club for MLP in a college would be cool :)

It is cool. It would definitely suck not to have such a thing.

A brony college? Lolwut? To put it nicely, that's a terrible idea. And it makes no sense. Why on earth would you want a brony college? Where would the funding to make it come from? What courses would it teach? You can't just suggest this stuff and say nothing else about it aside from "brony college". It's confusing.

A club for bronies in colleges sounds...iffy to me,tbh. :/

A college for bronies is as useful as a potato powered light.

5643874030_530d7eba22.jpg

U WOT M8 FITE ME IRL!

Seriously a potato battery would get you further than this college.

• Brohoof 4

Look, I like the show, and I think that it's great that there are dignified shows for young girls now, but

IT'S JUST A SHOW!!

Jesus Christ, why is it that people seem to want to make the world a utopia centered around MLP? First a Brony country, a Brony state, now a Brony college? Why?

Seriously, I haven't seen any other fandoms that want to make the world centered around their interest before. People are always talking about the cruelty of the world, and how Equestria, or a world ruled by bronies would be a better place. It's not! Conflict will always exist. People will always have conflicting ideologies, even if they all somehow one day lived in the same nation, and that's life. How else are people supposed to grow and learn if they strive for a world where everything is handed to them?

• Brohoof 4