Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP Nations; Peace, Trade and War [OOC, Discuss, War, Dark, Politics, Adventure]

The Shadow Stallion

Your Nation is going to be 100,800 miles squared from now on.

Oh, well, if that's going to be the case, I'll have to rewrite some parts of my country's description (including the NAME). 100,800 mi2 is way too large to be a city-state, that's about the size of New Zealand.

All changes are made below. If I exclude some sections, those areas remain unchanged. I'll edit my posts in the main RP thread upon approval.

Name: Commonwealth of Impalarana

Ruler(s) and title(s): Bright Idea (Premier), Bronze Cane (President-General)

Capital and largest city: Mustang City (pop. 1,032,677)

Environment and location: The country's climate is mostly humid continental in nature. Summers tend to be on the hot side as well as a bit humid, while winters tend to be cold. Snow happens regularly every winter; the country does not control its own weather.

Two primary resources: Wheat and iron ore.

Two scarce resources: Copper and gold.

Buildings: Much of the country's ultramodern development is centered in the capital, Mustang City, and other smaller urban centers. In fact, the tallest skyscraper, Mustang City's new Seabreeze Tower, measures at 1,120ft high. Brick and concrete skyscrapers dot the skylines of the cities, and architecture in general tends to take on a modern look. Outside of the urban centers, architectural styles tend to be a bit more classical, focusing on brick and stone styles.

HistoryTo keep things short, Impalarana was settled 900 years ago, but the island the country now sits on was a part of a surrounding kingdom. Tribal wars ensued a couple of centuries later, in which the settlers established their own police force; the country declared its independence a few years later with the Treaty of Swahayza, which codified Impalarana's independence and sovereignty, and dropped all international claims to the area. Afterwards, Impalarana pursued a self-sufficiency policy, but it failed and the nation remained relatively poor. A hundred or so years prior to the start of the roleplay, a new party, the National Alliance, was elected on promises to "open up" the country to the world. Trade links were soon established, and the economy began to improve. With the newfound economic success of the country and the party's balance between immigration and "conformity", the National Alliance continued to rule until corruption scandals and revelations brought down the party, a state confirmed by the election of the anti-corruption UCP in the 39th general election.

Military power: Impalarana's armed forces, the Commonwealth Defense Forces (Codef in daily parlance,) is kept just strong enough to sufficiently defend the country, but not strong enough to project significant power and become a "key player" in military alliances. The active strength of the military is 27,500, with an estimated 40,000 kept on reserve. Conscription has not been allowed for thirty years, but the constitution empowers the government to institute conscription "should national security and public safety conditions require such a measure to be taken." If conscription is included, reserves can push upwards of 650,000.

Current events: None.

Foreign relations: With other countries in the roleplay, none at the moment.

@@skbl17, I just realized that I mistook you being 2000 miles away from Equestria for you being 2000 square miles in size. The size of the world depends on a few specific things. If your nation was 2000 square miles, one pixel would be a little over 2 miles in length. If the distance between your nation and Equestria were 2000 miles, your nation would be about 3 times its current size. If we have the entire map be the size of earth, you get your current size, and you're a little under 1200 miles away from Equestria. We're going to go with earth size just because it's easier to work with. Your nation is the scale of the map. Congratulations  :lol:

@@skbl17, I just realized that I mistook you being 2000 miles away from Equestria for you being 2000 square miles in size. The size of the world depends on a few specific things. If your nation was 2000 square miles, one pixel would be a little over 2 miles in length. If the distance between your nation and Equestria were 2000 miles, your nation would be about 3 times its current size. If we have the entire map be the size of earth, you get your current size, and you're a little under 1200 miles away from Equestria. We're going to go with earth size just because it's easier to work with. Your nation is the scale of the map. Congratulations  :lol:

So I guess I don't have to make any changes then.

Do u have police regiments ? Or is it millitarised police?  :)  

I don't know, I'm still waiting for my changes to be approved. If they are, then the answer is no.

At the moment, yes, Port Impala does have police regiments. As for militarized police....not yet. I should stress the word "yet".

@@skbl17, So you want the changes or not =p

/\ Cuz of dat =p

(ps. your streets can fit a chariot... right?)

Hold on I messed up again. Technically you didn't have to change anything. Pegasonia is several times larger but only has a population of a quarter million. I'm going to get the final numbers in a minute. This time, I know they'll be right.

MIles?...miles?!...MILES!....mi..les.... Kilometer anyone?????      
Sorry but temp. Mod is American. If you want I'll do the conversion tomorrow so both units are available.

@@skbl17, Ok, so 1 pixel is about 18 miles in length, and your nation is about 1350 miles from Equestria by the shortest distance, and 143,650 square miles in size. Would you like to keep your original details, use these new ones, or would you like to adjust again?

@@Lordav, How dare you use a french image! You might as well be committing treason against your own nation. -_-

Tomorrow after we fix Konyushnia's borders, and do a little ocean extension, I will post the updated map

Edited by SharpWit

@@skbl17, Ok, so 1 pixel is about 18 miles in length, and your nation is about 1350 miles from Equestria by the shortest distance, and 143,650 square miles in size. Would you like to keep your original details, use these new ones, or would you like to adjust again?

@@Lordav, How dare you use a french image! You might as well be committing treason against your own nation. -_-

Oh... ok

Grrrr... Rise European brothers! To Revolution! For the Kilometer! 

img-3531717-1-32_Romania.jpg

@@Lordav, Well he kind of got tired of being the mod so I took the job up, and although it's supposed to be only temporary I think it'll become permanent. As far as his not responding today, I don't know. Other than my scale fiasco, today's been slow. Not even half of us posted today. I guess that's why it's supposed to be between every 1 to 2 days. We'll see how tomorrow, which just arrived for me, will go. Hopefully everyone is active. Good night.

@

i do not mind the slab idea for communication but i prefer for mine and yours first meeting for it to be in person i had already posted a post where you had ships arriving.

Edited by SilentFlight

What if you want to discuss something and don't want the other nations to hear about it??

Thats the point... there should be no secret pacts... I mean you can discuss them in detail viaPM first but u MUST make it public for everyone with a discussion on the thread... i mean you can discuss plans, etc... but if u get a pact (alliance, trade) going... u must make it public

Thats the point... there should be no secret pacts... I mean you can discuss them in detail viaPM first but u MUST make it public for everyone with a discussion on the thread... i mean you can discuss plans, etc... but if u get a pact (alliance, trade) going... u must make it public

Well I just need to inform him of that plan me and you talked about I just need to inform him of that and what we talked about will come clear at the meeting of the leaders

post-21192-0-09047500-1424994470.png@

@Lordav, @[member=AmberDust]New Konyushnian borders

@@SilentFlight, The slabs must be delivered in the first place so nothing changes with the meeting since you didn't start out with one. All pacts must be made on the thread. I know it's a pain to repeat yourself since not everyone arrives at the same time, but that's how this works. As far as wanting other nations to not know about something, they don't actually know unless someone was there when whatever you said was said. Once you have made a pact or treaty with another nation, you must inform other nations of this when meeting with them since that is a factor in their decision making. 

Edited by SharpWit

(ps. your streets can fit a chariot... right?)

Yes, chariots can fit and are the preferred mode of transportation at the moment. I do have underground railways planned, but those will be introduced later (before everyone screams 'too advanced!', remember that London's subway network opened in 1863). I like to be at the forefront of new technologies like fancy underground railways.

Tomorrow after we fix Konyushnia's borders, and do a little ocean extension, I will post the updated map

I'll take the changes made in my last post. 143,650 mi2 (231,182 km2) is way too large for a city-state (the new size as posted is about the size of Germany and Japan) anyway.

Besides, it's not like I'd have to change too much, just the name, capital, one ruler's title, the climate, and the military size.

Yes, chariots can fit and are the preferred mode of transportation at the moment. I do have underground railways planned, but those will be introduced later (before everyone screams 'too advanced!', remember that London's subway network opened in 1863). I like to be at the forefront of new technologies like fancy underground railways.

I'll take the changes made in my last post. 143,650 mi2 (231,182 km2) is way too large for a city-state (the new size as posted is about the size of Germany and Japan) anyway.

Besides, it's not like I'd have to change too much, just the name, capital, one ruler's title, the climate, and the military size.

Well then behold the portable chariot =p

I dont think a metro would be an "advanced problem... But a technical one... Think of the smoke from the coal-powered locomotive that would fill the tunnels... Itd choke anyone to death.

@@Derplight Sperkle

I have a new anthem for ur nation

With a few little editings... also Kolechia sounds a little like Konyushinia