Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Vocal Range

Mouse

Is it weird that I could do all of these except the very last E6 one?

I mean, I could do E6 if I just tried but that wouldn't really be "comfortably". I can actually hit the notes on both low pitched songs like Money M's Daddy Cool and Tay Zonday's Chocolate Rain as well as in high-pitched songs like Sia's Chandelier, MIKA's Lollip, Earth Wind & Fire's September :P

I'm not saying that it sounds very good, cause I am not very good at singing, but the fact that I actually can hit those super high tones while still being able to sing super dark/deep songs is a mystery to me. I love to challenge my vocal range capabilities by singing songs such as "A whole new world" from Aladdin :P (Both his and her part)

I'm mainly a base/baritone, but the past couple of years in acting school have been helping me push into some tenor ranges. But as some people have said, vocal range is only a part of it. Correct technique is a must or else it doesn't matter what range you can do, you'll either damage your voice or you'll just sound unpleasant and rough to listen to. If you can master correct diaphragmatic breathing you'll be surprised at how much your vocal range will expand thanks to the extra support.

It's hard for me to get comfortable in the low range because I am a mezzo soprano. On the high range, I can comfortably go all the way up the scale, but it's wobbly when I start on the lowest key.

• 4 years later...

C2 (lower than the video actually went) - F5 was comfortable for me. I could go a few semitones lower/higher than that, but it strained my throat a little. According to this video I'm lower than bass, so it's left me wondering if I've done something wrong. My voice is deep, but I didn't think it was abnormally deep.

• Brohoof 2