Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Spike and Rainbow Develop A Friendly Relationship

Arctofire

I always thought that a Spike/Rainbow Dash pairing would work really well. I think its because their both boyish and could behave like mates, like that scene in one episode when they were both laughing at Twilight. Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea?

Edited by Arctofire
  • Brohoof 3

I think that would be a fun pairing to watch because Spike can have a hard time with physical and athletic tasks and RD obviously dose not. So it would be fun to see him trying his best to keep up with her on an adventure. At the same time, Spike probably has more book smarts than we realize, being Twilight's assistant and all, and while Rainbow has grown a lot since the show began, smarts are still not her strongest front. So while Spike is huffing and puffing trying to keep up with Dash, Dash would be twisting her brain trying to understand the ideas coming out of Spike.

They would find common ground in that they both enjoy being lazy.

Edited by Princess Lona
  • Brohoof 2

Dash likes pranks & Spike is about the right age to find them amusing.  Maybe this could be a bond.  Maybe they are already friends, the show doesn't really get into Spike's relations w the Mane 6 (except Rarity & Twilight, of course)

• Brohoof 1

On a lot of things, Spike and Dash do seem to be on the same page. They have approximately the same maturity level (i.e. adolescent, even if Dash is older), both very (tom)boyish and often have the same ideas. Heck, they both even enjoy sleeping in. I imagine they could be very good buddies given just a little more time for them to realize it.

• Brohoof 2

But Spike and Rainbow Dash are the same character, so I don't understand how that would work :derp:

What do you mean? If you're talking about the voice actors, they're different (Cathy Weseluck does Spike and Ashleigh Ball does Rainbow Dash)
  • Brohoof 1

Do you think season 5 might have an episode about it, I mean: 1. M.A Larson is returning and he wrote It's About Time where I actually got this idea; 2. season 4 brought us some new pairings like Twilight and the CMC; so it could be possible.

• Brohoof 1

It could be one of the funnest Spike episodes ever. Maybe they both get bored of being in the castle and go to Sugarcube Corner, where they decide to join up with Pinkie to do some pranks.

Well, rainbow B)  and AJ :smug:  are the same character, and pinkie :pinkie:  and fluttershy :fluttershy:  are the same.

What do you mean? If you're talking about the voice actors, they're different (Cathy Weseluck does Spike and Ashleigh Ball does Rainbow Dash)

Did you guys already forget about The Returny of Harmony?

• Brohoof 2

Well, it's not so much they are bros, it is more they are on the same intellectual level of humor.  Spike is 8(? Depends on when events in Cutie Mark Chronicles happened), Pinkie is....Pinkie.  What is Dash's excuse for pranking?